Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any advice on the most torturous game invented (the play to befriend a Pokemon game)?

It makes me angry. I've been trying for so long. I suck at these >:O

If anyone is very good at these, could you play for me? (Log onto my account and play)
Try to only catch spears representing to Pokemon that you want. The more spears of each Pokemon you have, the more likely you are to be offered that Pokemon. I had to beat the game 5 times before I received my Magic Bounce Espeon.

Question about IVs

First off, are they that important in game? I'll never play wi-fi and just use them in the battle subway

Second, if you have a pokemon with 29/x/x/x/x/29 and you breed it with a random, will the baby stats be around the 29/x/x/x/x/29 area? Or do you need to breed TWO pokemon with 29/x/x/x/x/29 to gain that 29 mark?

Thirdly, once you have 31 in one stat and you breed with something thats not 31, do you always get 31 in that stat? or is radom? If you breed two 31's in attack, the baby will ALWAYS have 31?

Help is great
I think they can matter for the battle subway, though EV Training and Natures are typically more important. (EVs always have twice the influence on a stat that IVs do. Nature varies since it's a percentage, but it's generally similar in magnitude to IVs.)

Speed is the really important one, since just two points cover the range of always going first, speed tying, to always going second. For the others, you can normally afford to drop some, since the damage formula is random anyway.

Breeding mechanics are complicated. I think there's an article somewhere on Smogon, but in brief, some IVs from the parents will be chosen at random to be inherited by the baby. Power Items can influence the inheritance. The baby's remaining IVs will be random in the full 0-31 range.

According to Bulbapedia, Crustle can learn Spikes from Foretress and Counter from Heracross. However, Foretress can also learn Counter from Heracross. If I breed a Foretress that knows Spikes and Counter with a Crustle, will the resulting egg know both?

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
According to Bulbapedia, Crustle can learn Spikes from Foretress and Counter from Heracross. However, Foretress can also learn Counter from Heracross. If I breed a Foretress that knows Spikes and Counter with a Crustle, will the resulting egg know both?
As long as Forretress knows both moves, then the Crustle should obtain both egg moves.

On the topic, how about Life Orb on Sheer Force Darmanitan? Since if Bulbapedia's to be believed, Sheer Force negates LO recoil. He is slower than you'd like, but it should still be usable I expect.

Virizion, thanks. I'll try to get one when I learn how to RNG Abuse (maybe not necessary, but oh well.)

cantab, If I'm no mistaken, with Sheer Force also nullify the Flare Blitz recoil? So would Sheer Force + LO + Flare Blitz be a good combo?

Its my understanding that Sheer Force doesnt effect recoil but "secondary" effects.

For example, Rock Slide. With Sheer Force you get the power increase but lose the flinch possibility.

I could be mistaken though

haunter

Banned deucer.
rock head and magic guard nullify the recoil from recoil moves such as double edge and head smash, but Darmanitan doesn't get these abilities.

ok so i have one of them shiny rash aura sphere raikous with these ivs
Raikou - #243 (Rash)
HP: 4 - 6
Att: 20 - 23
Def: 0, 2
SpA: 29
SpD: 17, 19, 21, 23
Speed: 28

the speed is a bummer since max speed base 100s now outspeed it by 2 points, so i dunno what to do with it. what would you suggest? i'm thinking life orb, enough speed evs to outrun max base 95s (or modest 192 ev hyrdeigon so i can take it out with aura spehre), 252 special attack, rest in attack with es/tbolt/aurasphere/shadow ball?? i don't really know.

rest in attack with es/tbolt/aurasphere/shadow ball.
Have you thought maybe putting in Calm mind? and just running it with the two special's aura and thunder and then having the Extreme speed to surprise revenge. I mean it's an unconventional set but it could work. Aside from that you're pretty much spot on with your ev distribution.

Have you thought maybe putting in Calm mind? and just running it with the two special's aura and thunder and then having the Extreme speed to surprise revenge. I mean it's an unconventional set but it could work. Aside from that you're pretty much spot on with your ev distribution.
i dunno about calm mind though since the nature works against it and with life orb i'm not expecting to live too long anyway. volt change? argh i hate it when trollfreak gives awesome pokemon shallow movepools

well i'll experiment, but i'll deffo aim to max special attack and outrun jolly/timid 252 base 95s. i think hydreigon doesn't really run max speed any more and the specs/modest types are most used, and other pokes between 100 and 95 i dont really have any business dealing with (sigilyph maybe, and luvdisc is a threat). ok cool, cheers man.

Should I keep Zoroark with these IVs?

Just caught a timid Zoroark IV spread is 26-26-26-26-26-27 they are quite good and all but im tempted to reset for better speed and sp attack, still havent saved the game, so rsvp asap please :)

ps it is also female, which is quite uncommon so perhaps it is worth keeping despite only high average ivs?

If I use Pokesav to save one of my Pokemon as .pkm files and I load it again into the same ROM, or any other, thus cloning it, will the Pokemon count as legit?
If I use Pokesav to get all the items and I use some of the items on my Pokemon, primarily the EV increasing/reducing berries, with my Pokemon count as legit?
Also, how far can we talk about ROMS? I know we cant link them here, but can you get banned for admiting you have them?

no worries

I have decided to keep it, have a good one all :)

Just caught a timid Zoroark IV spread is 26-26-26-26-26-27 they are quite good and all but im tempted to reset for better speed and sp attack, still havent saved the game, so rsvp asap please :)

ps it is also female, which is quite uncommon so perhaps it is worth keeping despite only high average ivs?

haunter

Banned deucer.
If I use Pokesav to save one of my Pokemon as .pkm files and I load it again into the same ROM, or any other, thus cloning it, will the Pokemon count as legit?
If I use Pokesav to get all the items and I use some of the items on my Pokemon, primarily the EV increasing/reducing berries, with my Pokemon count as legit?
Also, how far can we talk about ROMS? I know we cant link them here, but can you get banned for admiting you have them?
1) if the cloned Pkm was obtained legitly then yes, the clone is legit as well;
2) Pokesave'd items don't affect the legitimacy of your Pkm;
3) absolutely no discussion of ROMs.

When are natures, IVs, and whatnot set for your DW Eevee? I'm about to earn my DW Eeveelution but I want to know when this stuff gets set before I do anything for it.
Natures and IVs are set when you interact with it in-game.

Just caught a timid Zoroark IV spread is 26-26-26-26-26-27 they are quite good and all but im tempted to reset for better speed and sp attack, still havent saved the game, so rsvp asap please
The only thing you lose in those 4-ish speed points pretty much is you no longer tie other +speed 105s (and you now tie +speed 103s... which is Emolga). Given that the amount of relevant threats at 105 is pretty much Zoroark and Mienshao, it doesn't seem too bothersome. If you're miffed about the sp. atk, you could continue to reset, but I wouldn't worry about the 27 speed.

Female is nice, if you were planning on breeding the Zoroark (for example, to get Dark Pulse).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)