Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
What teammates would be good with Porygon2 and a Scarf Rotom as part of an "absorb" team? Rotom can take Ground hits, while Porygon2 can Trace stuff.

Oh, also what is a good EV spread for a Bold Porygon-2?

haunter

Banned deucer.
What teammates would be good with Porygon2 and a Scarf Rotom as part of an "absorb" team? Rotom can take Ground hits, while Porygon2 can Trace stuff.

Oh, also what is a good EV spread for a Bold Porygon-2?
Here for P-2's sets. As for your "absorb" team: Jellicent with water absorb grants you immunities to water, fighting and normal attacks and complements P-2 pretty well.

Thanks Verizion for your help, but I still need help with this...
Usually, a trade thread is a thread to show what Pokémon you have and are willing to trade to people, when you intend to be active for some time; it's kind of like running a shop, inviting anyone who wants to come in and make an offer for the merchandise (in this case, the Pokémon you have that are avaialble for trade). People also offer other services in trade threads; stuff like EVing Pokémon, cloning, wiping out bad EVs, spreading Pokérus, offering items, getting the right movesets, etc. To make your own trade thread, simply start a thread in the wifi subforum. Have a look at other people's threads first to get an idea of how to set one up and what it should look like, and bear the rules in mind:

Trading Thread Rules

* LIST ALL OF YOUR IVs! Don't just say "Hi, I have Azelf with 31 SpA." People are going to want to know what the rest of the IVs are like.
* Don't bump your own topics unless you have added something significant (a new bred pokemon, ubers or legendaries with great IVs, Pokemon with rare event moves, etc.) in which you MUST specify what you've added in the bump. If we find that you're adding junk Pokemon or any redistributable pokemon to satisfy this criterion you will receive a warning anyway.
* Don't ask people to deliberately hack you altered Pokémon. This includes, but is not limited to the use of Pokesav, etc.
* Avoid "under the table deals". Every offer should be seen in the thread, so everyone can see the deals that are going on. This is more of a guideline, penalties will only be incurred should a trade arranged via PM break any "rules"
* Do not start a new trade thread if you already have an active trade thread.
* Pictures. If you're going to use them, you should probably take them from here, or other places that offers nice, simple, and small sprites. Don't use insanely big pictures, "special" looking art, etcetera. Banners are allowed, just make sure they're not too bulky.
* You are responsible for what you trade that did not originate from Smogon. It is recommended that you also include the Original Trainer and ID of each Pokemon offered for trade.
* The sale of Pokemon for currency is strictly prohibited. No money is allowed to be exchanged for any wifi trades on these forums.
* Offering free Pokémon in exchange for "Luvdiscs" or "likes" on your thread is not permitted.
* If you are trading Pokemon that you did not reset or breed for, then you MUST include the name of the original user in the trade details. If you have limited distribution rights, then you must link to the original post or thread which confirms this. For Pokemon that have come from another site, or the GTS, the Pokemon's OT/ID must be posted in the trade details.
* Personal blacklists are not allowed in trade threads. It's fine if you do not wish to trade with another user for any reason, but blacklists only air these dislikes in public and lead to excessive flaming, which is against Smogon-wide rules. Users who have shady trading practices can be reported to the forum-wide blacklist thread.

Are there any people in BW who can tell you the 'overal potential' of pokemon (the IV's)?
Go to Nimbasa City and into the Battle Subway building. Near the entrance is the IV guy. The Hidden Power guy is in the Pokemon Center in the city with the Flying gym.

They wanted less complex bans in this gen.

No offense, but that doesn't really seem like a good answer. With all these new ridiculous dream world abilities, there are bound to be some OP abilities and there probably should have been more complex bans from the get go. Also, there aren't really that many complex bans in the first place, and blaziken is the only one that really suffers from strict banning (as far as I know). I'd rather have more complex and specific bans, even though they are slightly more of a hassle, than eliminate pokemon entirely from lower tiers due to only one way in which they can be used. Well, maybe not when it comes to movesets, but when it comes to abilities, it shouldn't be that much of a hassle to seperate.

What's the best slavemon to learn HM fly which bird or should I employ gyarados to cover that?

I only like to use 5 pokes at one time so ihave space to catch and review new pokes.

Why do people need you to have an open Trade thread to trade? I'm new to competitive battling and i can't abuse the RNG AND i don't even have time to do it. I guess i'll have to stick to EV'd pokemon with suckish IV's...

Did GF forget to run the Pokemon names through the translator software?

This gen Pokemon names are to me the worst and most Japanese orientated I've ever seen in a Pokemon game. Thoughts?
Err, are we even reading the same list of names? Only Daramuka, Darmanitan, Emolga Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem have English names with Japanese etymologies. The first two of those are themed on Japanese objects, and the last three are themed on Eastern philosophy (and are the version mascots and expected third version mascot, which Game Freak like to give the same name everywhere). That leaves just one Gen V Pokemon that might have had its name changed, but didn't.
(Zorua and Zoroark, for the record, are derived from Spanish, Irish, and English.)

Err, are we even reading the same list of names? Only Daramuka, Darmanitan, Emolga Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem have English names with Japanese etymologies. The first two of those are themed on Japanese objects, and the last three are themed on Eastern philosophy (and are the version mascots and expected third version mascot, which Game Freak like to give the same name everywhere). That leaves just one Gen V Pokemon that might have had its name changed, but didn't.
(Zorua and Zoroark, for the record, are derived from Spanish, Irish, and English.)
and isn't emolga the electric type they create every generation(you know like pikachu, pichu, plusle, minun, pachirichu...)
i don't know what origin pachirichu is but it sounds japanese to me, just like pikachu and pichu(yeah plusle and minun are clearly english...)

A Pika is a real rodent.
On that note, why does Pokemon assume americans love electric rodents? More importatanly, why do we?

But, uhh, real question here. I plan to run a Rain Dish Ludicolo with a Drizzletoed. Shoud I put Rain Dance on the pineapple, incase Toed gets KO'd and I have no other way to weather? Or should I try to run a SubSeed set instead, even though I've heard it's sort of going down-hill in power and popularity.

For reference, Ludi's attacks are Giga Drain, Scald, and Leech Seed; to make it a real pain.

A Pika is a real rodent.
On that note, why does Pokemon assume americans love electric rodents? More importatanly, why do we?

But, uhh, real question here. I plan to run a Rain Dish Ludicolo with a Drizzletoed. Shoud I put Rain Dance on the pineapple, incase Toed gets KO'd and I have no other way to weather? Or should I try to run a SubSeed set instead, even though I've heard it's sort of going down-hill in power and popularity.

For reference, Ludi's attacks are Giga Drain, Scald, and Leech Seed; to make it a real pain.
I'd suggest running substitute to make an effective subseed set. Lucicolo is too slow to set up rain with rain dance and it cant even abuse it immediately with SwSw since your running Drizzle on your team. All it will grant is some passive healing which will have been negated by the opponents attacks already.

If you want another Rain dancer as backup though you should try Thundurus or Tornadus as they have priority RD with Mischevious Heart and can set it up before dory KO's them for instance. Just my 2 cents. Hope it was helpful.

I'd suggest running substitute to make an effective subseed set. Lucicolo is too slow to set up rain with rain dance and it cant even abuse it immediately with SwSw since your running Drizzle on your team. All it will grant is some passive healing which will have been negated by the opponents attacks already.

If you want another Rain dancer as backup though you should try Thundurus or Tornadus as they have priority RD with Mischevious Heart and can set it up before dory KO's them for instance. Just my 2 cents. Hope it was helpful.
I don't see it as just passive healing; I've always been a large believer that weather is more effective than the abilites it triggers. I do think I'll take the advice and run Substitute, but rain will also boost the power of Scald while reducing the power of the newer fire-type threats like Chandelure and Volacrona.

I have a question about my team in design: I have Conkeldurr, Hydreigon and Reuniclus. I'm thinking of adding a spiking Skarmory and a taunt lead. Do you have suggestion for my lead and my 6th slot?

Thanks in advance

Why do people need you to have an open Trade thread to trade? I'm new to competitive battling and i can't abuse the RNG AND i don't even have time to do it. I guess i'll have to stick to EV'd pokemon with suckish IV's...
I guess some people prefer to trade with someone who owns a trade thread because a person with a trade thread will be quickly found out if they hack. Or maybe they like the idea of their Pokémon being passed on, in which case a trade thread would be good. It also provides a handy list of what Pokémon the person has when they're negotiating a trade. Really, I guess it's down to individual preference; many people probably aren't bothered. The Simple Requests thread in the wifi forum is generally the place to post a trade if you don't have a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)