Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you elaborate on this? I am intruiged.
I'll expand a bit on it. Basically, people could contribute, like starting from a general goal, or building a team around a Pokemon and moveset. Everyone could contribute ideas, with the best ones going into a final team that could be tested, tweaked, etc.

It could be an interesting project, but I'm not sure if such a thing is allowed here.

EDIT: I'll be likely to get an answer or an "okay" or something if I PM a mod about it.

I'll expand a bit on it. Basically, people could contribute, like starting from a general goal, or building a team around a Pokemon and moveset. Everyone could contribute ideas, with the best ones going into a final team that could be tested, tweaked, etc.

It could be an interesting project, but I'm not sure if such a thing is allowed here.
This sounds really interesting.

I'm not sure how or where abouts it could be done tho

This may seem like somewhat of a silly question but I want to know exactly how important perfect IV's are.

Perfect pokes are of course ideal but would above average IVs be acceptable for an in game competitive team?

Is the difference significant? Worth the wait?

This may seem like somewhat of a silly question but I want to know exactly how important perfect IV's are.

Perfect pokes are of course ideal but would above average IVs be acceptable for an in game competitive team?

Is the difference significant? Worth the wait?
In terms of "perfect" IVs, the only ones that in almost every instance need to be perfect, especially for sweepers of any sort, is 31 in Speed. 31 or bust. There have been numerous instances where someone lost a match due to a difference of 1 speed IV. Certain pokes like Trick Room abusers will drop it to 0. HP MIGHT be important to max, although higher is ALWAYS better.

Otherwise, I'd shoot for 31 in crucial stats, and 25+ in others, as missing, say, 6 points won't affect but very few specific instances that are highly unlikely to occur.

What would you say would be the fastest way to check the IV's of in game bred pokes.

I know you need Ev's to get an idea of what they are so when would it be acceptable to check the ev's and what's the fastest way.

What would you say would be the fastest way to check the IV's of in game bred pokes.

I know you need Ev's to get an idea of what they are so when would it be acceptable to check the ev's and what's the fastest way.
There's multiple IV calculators on line. Just search. There's even IV calculator app's for phones these days.

OR to be completely accurate trade with a person who has an AR and get them to check for you.

There's multiple IV calculators on line. Just search. There's even IV calculator app's for phones these days.
You may have misunderstood what I was asking.

As far as I know the IV calculators are inaccurate for brand new hatched pokes. They need ev's for you to be able to get an idea what their iv's are.

So how far along would you want your poke to be to get a good idea of it's iv's.

A certain level? After a certain amount of ev's. Basically when is it safe to check the iv's for accurate results

You may have misunderstood what I was asking.

As far as I know the IV calculators are inaccurate for brand new hatched pokes. They need ev's for you to be able to get an idea what their iv's are.

So how far along would you want your poke to be to get a good idea of it's iv's.

A certain level? After a certain amount of ev's. Basically when is it safe to check the iv's for accurate results
Most people say level Fifty.

Does anyone else experience freezing when turning on the C-Gear anytime during gameplay? Mine keeps freezing but it doesn't when asked to open in from the start menu itself, not when you press the power button.

Metalkid's IV calculator is one of the best, since it can use stats from multiple levels, along with things like the Hidden Power type (which can be learnt from a guy in a Pokemon centre without even needing to teach the move), characteristic, and more. You can often therefore get accurate results below level fifty. But you'll still ideally want a couple of dozen Rare Candies. (You can reset afterwards so you don't lose them.)

I've never heard of using EVs, but I assume that's for using the Battle Subway. The Subway will put your Pokemon to level 50, which will normally give you a choice of two values for an IV. These can be distinguished by the fact that one will require 8 EVs in the stat to increase it by one, while another will require only 4 for the first 1 point increase.

Don't forget to know what stats your baby should have if it's got full IVs where you want them, so you can reject many straight away without going through the whole checks.

So I've EV'ed the Larvesta I talked about earlier and now it's a level 66 Volcarona. What set should I use for it? It's Timid, 252SpA/Spe, and has Quiver Dance, Flamethrower, Heat Wave and Struggle Bug (Better than Leech Life lol, waiting to get Bug Buzz). I might want to keep Heat Wave for doubles though..

Just nabbed myself another RNG'd Pokemon, this time an Unfezant (30/31/30/11/31/31).

What's a good move set and spread for it? I was thinking Aerial Ace, Roost, Uturn, but I can't think of the last move...

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Let's say I wanted to make a topic about a community team-build of sorts. Would it be allowed, or would it probably be locked? Assume that it's a civil topic.
Its happened before, and it was fairly successful, with at least two teams being made, which helped to use the pokemon the team was based on. The two that i can remember are here and here. I'm not sure how people may react to it again, but this may help you.

Does anyone else experience freezing when turning on the C-Gear anytime during gameplay? Mine keeps freezing but it doesn't when asked to open in from the start menu itself, not when you press the power button.
You have to touch the screen after saying Yes.

So I've EV'ed the Larvesta I talked about earlier and now it's a level 66 Volcarona. What set should I use for it? It's Timid, 252SpA/Spe, and has Quiver Dance, Flamethrower, Heat Wave and Struggle Bug (Better than Leech Life lol, waiting to get Bug Buzz). I might want to keep Heat Wave for doubles though..
My Volcarona has the same nature and EVs as yours. It knows Quiver Dance, Psychic, Bug Buzz, and Fiery Dance, and it kicks. major. ASS.

That said, Heat Wave is a viable option. I specialize in single battles myself, so I usually don't take double or triple battle usability into consideration.

Did Simple's mechanics change in Gen 5?

Because during Celestial Tower, my Simipour used Work Up against a random trainer's Elgyem, who proceeded to Simple Beam me. I managed to use Work Up 3 more times. Notably, when I used Work Up again, it said my Attack and Special Attack rose sharply. This happened too in my JP version, but it was patched to English so I dismissed it as a glitch, but it happened now with my US version. :/

After doing 4 Work Ups I couldn't use any more Work Ups.

Essentially, what happens is:
(no.s in brackets are what the boosts should've been under G4 conditions, but what they really are in G5 are outside the brackets)

Work Up 1: +1(+2) Atk/+1(+2) SpA
*after this point Simipour was hit by Simple Beam, so Gluttony-->Simple*
Work Up 2: +3(+4) Atk/+3 (+4) SpA
Work Up 3: +5(+6) Atk/+5 (+6) SpA
If by G4 mechanics, Simipour should not have been able to Work Up again, but...
Work Up 4: +6(+6) Atk/+6 (+6) SpA
Work Up 5: Nothing changed :/

For the 4th Work Up it showed that Simipour's Attack and Special Attack were raised, no sharply. WTF.

Hence, I'm proposing this: Either Simple changed in Gen 5 not to affect already in-place boosts, only affecting the user's own boosts, OR, Simple induced by Simple Beam is horribly wrong.

Anyone got this before? Because nobody reported it here. I think I'm gonna post this in the research thread, because they never said anything about Simple. Whatever it is, this is gonna be the end of BP teams who use Bibarel to sweep. :/

(nvm, this is already in the research thread. >_> still no more BP teams with Bibarel. what a huge embarassment to Pokemon battling, being swept by a Bibarel of all things, and no, Moody does not count)

Hence, I'm proposing this: Either Simple changed in Gen 5 not to affect already in-place boosts, only affecting the user's own boosts, OR, Simple induced by Simple Beam is horribly wrong.

Anyone got this before? Because nobody reported it here. I think I'm gonna post this in the research thread, because they never said anything about Simple. Whatever it is, this is gonna be the end of BP teams who use Bibarel to sweep. :/
It has actually been mentioned in the research thread - Simple now just doubles boosts as they apply, rather than affecting pre existing boosts or acting like a +3 is a +6. ( http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3410006&postcount=2282 ) So now you can't have an epic Numel sweep as easily. But I guess if any Simple users could baton pass on the boosts they'd retain the higher level now.

It has actually been mentioned in the research thread - Simple now just doubles boosts as they apply, rather than affecting pre existing boosts or acting like a +3 is a +6. So now you can't have an epic Numel sweep as easily. But I guess if any Simple users could baton pass on the boosts they'd retain the higher level now.
I know. I checked the research thread after posting, then edited the post itself. :/

Why are the unreleased berries legal when unreleased Soul Dew is not?

I understand that Soul Dew gets an insta-ban from OU for being broken but what if I want to use it in Ubers?

It has actually been mentioned in the research thread - Simple now just doubles boosts as they apply, rather than affecting pre existing boosts or acting like a +3 is a +6. ( http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3410006&postcount=2282 ) So now you can't have an epic Numel sweep as easily. But I guess if any Simple users could baton pass on the boosts they'd retain the higher level now.
I can confirm this as I use Audino in the Battle Subway.
I run Doubles: Audino & Altaria
Altaria used Dragon Dance (+1Atk, +1Spd)
Audino used Simple Beam
Altaria used Cotton Guard (+6 Def)
Audino uses Heal Pulse to keep Altaria's HP up
Altaria sets up DD and sweeps :)

It's quite risky, but it works

haunter

Banned deucer.
Bulk-Up set is arguably better, as it's much too slow to DD effectively unless it's a hellishly bulky DD set
this is actually false. It's fast enough to outspeed everything up to base 111 (Thundurus\Tornadus) after a single DD and with its natural bulk and shed skin it's not really hard to get 2 dragon dances and then sweep with its 2 stabs and ice punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)