This team is a bit mad! (Help!)

Alice's Dream Team

Hey, it's Christo again with another themed team. This time I have an alice in wonderland themed team. It does okay, but doesn't compare to my Winnie the pooh themed team. Overall, I feel like it needs a BUNCH of work, which is why i bring it here. My problems are in italics but feel free to suggest other things. Thanks!

Tweedledee (Whimsicott) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Encore

This here is tweedledee. He is your basic troll that we all hate. I've always wanted to use this guy since my first battle with one. I could never kill them and were just so annoying overall, and that here is my goal with Tweedledee. He has taunt so he can prevent entry hazards, leech seed to suck the life out of the other pokemon, substitute for stalling. I recently tried the encore and it's genius. Using encore when the poke sets up then taunt almost always causes the switch. Then I either leech seed on the switch or predict. I just love this troll so much especially when I stop the stealth rocks and the opposing poke things they can take me out.

Bandersnatch (Terrakion) @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- X-scissor
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

This here is Bandersnatch. I use him as my revenge killer since he is pretty fast and get get things done. With EV's invested in speed and with a choice scarf, he is rarely out sped. His moves are X-scissor, Stone Edge, Close combat, and earthquake. X-scissor is used for Reunclus or other psychic pokemon that are weak to bug. Stone edge is for say pokemon that resist fighting moves and earthquake. Close Combat is used for a stronger move. Earthquake is used for coverage. I don't really have any problems with him, but feel free to suggest. I tried the rock polish set and didn't really work out, so I'm keeping bandersnatch as a revenge killer.

Dormouse (Breloom) (F) @ Life Orb Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Swords Dance

Dormouse. I recently tried her out and she is better than I ever could imagine. After foughtering out a poke or predicting a switch, I can go for the spore and set up a swords dance then kill the remaining poke. Perhaps they decide to leave in the sleeping poke, I can spore the next poke and set up another swords dance. If this happens, It's pretty much game over them. With a quick move like mach punch I'm almost sure to take out a faster pokemon and with bullet seed.. i can pretty much take out anything. I gave her a jolly nature so she can get the spore faster than say other brelooms and set up. I don't really have any problems.

Tweedledum (Snorlax) (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 HP
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stockpile
- Rest
- Body Slam
- Ice Punch

This here is tweedledum. I've seen this type of snorlax on the youtube and I thought I would try him out. I gave him a chesto berry so he can quickly wake up from his little nap. I've invested Def EV's and has Impish nature so his defence is raised. I know that Snorlax isn't a defensive pokemon but I wanted him to be my wall and after setting up stockpiles he does very well. His attacking moves are Body slam for some STAB with possible parahax and ice punch for say dragons, ground types, gliscors, and ghosts that resist. I didn't have any ice moves which is why he has ice punch. I don't really have a whole lot of problems with him but will consider replacing him for a better fire resister.

Cheshire Cat (Gengar) (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

This here is Cheshire Cat. As you can see he is scarfed and I love him. I also run a similar set without the trick and I say both are equally good. With the fast speed, I can revenge kill a variety of pokemon that threaten my team. I also run the trick so if I can get rid off it the scarf and become more usable and won't have to switch out all the time. With Hidden power (ice) as my wild card move, he can easily KO dragon types, ground types, and flying types.

Mad Hatter (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 164 HP / 168 Atk / 176 Spd
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Punch
- Zen Headbutt

What Alice and wonderland team would be complete without a mad hatter? He is a flinch jirachi and he does really well. I mean really well. I start off with the thunder wave then either spam iron head or Zen headbutt. With the high chance for either a flinch or parahax, the opposing pokemon can rarely get a hit in. Fire punch is there for coverage and steel types. Feel free to suggest!

I want the best for this team and I would even consider switching pokemon. My huge issue with this team is that I am dead to fire! with three weaknesses and gengar having crap defense, an infernape could pull a sweep. Thanks! Changes are in red.

Changes thanks to: ToastTyrant13, Kay-tay

Alice's Dream Team

Hey, it's Christo again with another themed team. This time I have an alice in wonderland themed team. It does okay, but doesn't compare to my Winnie the pooh themed team. Overall, I feel like it needs a BUNCH of work, which is why i bring it here. My problems are in italics but feel free to suggest other things. Thanks!

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! I'd like to rate this team. :toast:
One thing I see, however, is that this team is very weak to Mamoswine, Starmie, Excadrill, and Tyranitar (once Terakion is out of the picture), and Trick Room teams. I'll remember this as I look at your team.

Tweedledee (Whimsicott) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 Spd
- Taunt
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- U-turn

This here is tweedledee. He is your basic troll that we all hate. I've always wanted to use this guy since my first battle with one. I could never kill them and were just so annoying overall, and that here is my goal with Tweedledee. He has taunt so he can prevent entry hazards, leech seed to suck the life out of the other pokemon, substitute for stalling, and U-turn so if he is taunted, he isn't completly walled, and so he can get out of sticky situations. My only problem with this guy is that he isn't annoying as I would like him to be.
Honestly, not much to say. You could, however, run Stun Spore instead of U-Turn to ruin PH Gliscor before its Orb activates, Hydreigon, Gengar, and basidcly every other sweeper or tank. Besides, with Prankster and your awesome speed, nothing is going to be Taunting you before you taunt them.

Bandersnatch (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Sacred Sword
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

This here is Bandersnatch. I use him as my revenge killer since he is pretty fast and get get things done. With EV's invested in speed and with a choice scarf, he is rarely out sped. His moves are Sacred Sword, Stone Edge, Close combat, and earthquake. Sacred sword is used for the pokemon that decide to set up a bunch of defense. Since the move ignores stat changes, it gets the job done. Stone edge is for say pokemon that resist fighting moves and earthquake. Close Combat is used for a stronger move. Earthquake is used for coverage. I don't really have any problems with him, but feel free to suggest.
I would definetly replace Holy Sword with X-Scissor for your frumious Bandersnatch, as defense boosters are extremely uncommon at the moment. The reason X-Scissor is a nice option is because of its ability to take down the likes of Reuniclus, Whimsicott, Starmie, Latios, Latia, etc.

Jabberwocky (Salamence) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor

This here, is the big bad Jabberwocky! He is a typical mixedmence. His moves are roost, flamethrower, outrage, and draco meteor. Roost is used for obvious healing from life orb damage, flamethrower is used for coverage, outrage is used for STAB attacking just as draco meteor is used for stab special attack. My problem for with this guy is that he isn't as good as I thought he would be. He does okay just not as good I would like.

Now, from what I often see, Fire Blast is much more helpful than Fire Blast for power over perfect accuracy, and those extra 4 evs would be best off in Atk for that extra bit of power. I actually dislike Salamence due to his average-ish speed outside of Dragon Dance sets.

Tweedledum (Snorlax) (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stockpile
- Rest
- Body Slam
- Ice Punch

This here is tweedledum. I've seen this type of snorlax on the youtube and I thought I would try him out. I gave him a chesto berry so he can quickly wake up from his little nap. I've invested Def EV's and has Impish nature so his defence is raised. I know that Snorlax isn't a defensive pokemon but I wanted him to be my wall and after setting up stockpiles he does very well. His attacking moves are Body slam for some STAB with possible parahax and ice punch for say dragons, ground types, gliscors, and ghosts that resist. I didn't have any ice moves which is why he has ice punch. I don't really have a whole lot of problems with him but feel free to suggest.

In order for Snorlax to function well, especially with this set, you should run 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA to balance out your defenses and boost your ability to take hits continuously. You could always run a Careful Curse set if you prefer to maintain Special Bulk, and it also allows you to be a prominant threat as a tank. Just a suggestion, but I fell that it would do very well for your team.

Cheshire Cat (Gengar) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

This here is Cheshire Cat. He is a subspit gengar and does pretty well for my team. He has substitute and pain split for subsplitting, shadowball for some STAB action, and focus blast for those tyranitars who think they can scare me away. Again he does really well for my team so I don't think there is anything to change but again, feel free to suggest.
Lovin' this set, as I use it on my Sandstorm to wreck nearly half of my opponents team, especially with the damage taken from the Sand. :D Nothing else to suggest for this awesome guy, althought those 4 evs would be nice in Defense to boost your defenses from paper thin to two-pieces-of-paper-taped-together thin. :p

Mad Hatter (Jirachi) @ King's Rock
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 164 HP / 168 Atk / 176 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Punch
- Zen Headbutt

What Alice and wonderland team would be complete without a mad hatter? He is a flinch jirachi and he does really well. I mean really well. I start off with the thunder wave then either spam iron head or Zen headbutt. With the high chance for either a flinch or parahax, the opposing pokemon can rarely get a hit in. Fire punch is there for coverage and steel types. Feel free to suggest!
Since Jirachi really needs the investment in Atk and Spe to KO and outspeed many threats, and you don't need the HP as you are not running Substitute, your best spread would be a simple 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe. Jolly would also benefit your Jirachi alot, seeing how Hardy does nothing at all. :/
Otherwise, nice set.

I want the best for this team and I would even consider switching pokemon. Thanks! Changes are in red.

Now, I notice that your team has apparent troubles with the all-powerful Excadrill, Mamoswine, and T-Tar occasionaly. I have 3 ways that you can deal with all three that can replace Salamence.

• 1. Run a powerful Techniloom.
With the reistances that your team provides, Breloom could easily fit on your team. A set consisting of Mach Punch, Bullet Seed / Seed Bomb, Stone Edge / Substitute, and Swords Dance wrecks most teams with relative ease. Its power with Technician, Mach Punch, and a wonderful Attack stat allow you to rid the field of all of threats above, along with the oh-so-common Hydreigon, Cloyster, and Terakion. The only problem with this that it provides a third fire weakness to your team, unless you would be willing to use it over Terakion.​

• 2. Run a bulky and wonderful Cursepert, or possibly a Mixpert.
Swampert has always been a helpful and bulky pokemon that can easily work on your team. Its typing and synnergy with the rest of your team allows it to fall back on an ally, while switching in to take a hit. Curse variants allow you to tank through a team and deal hefty damage, while a Mixed variant provides for combination of moves, as well as power right off the bat. Regardless Waterfall and Earthquake are both powerful attacking options that can easily take down Excadrill, Mamoswine, and T-Tar.​
  • 3. Try a Shell Smash Cloyster, although this is a minor suggestion due to the fact that it's weak to Mach Punch and Bullet Punch.​
While not favorable on your particular team, Shell Smash Cloyster has the power to anhhialate any and all pokemon who dare stand in its way. With a deadly Icicle Spear, Rock Blast, and most likely Surf or Hydro Pump, Cloyster as a vast amount of coverage and power that pairs well with its access to Shell Smash. His access to Hydro Pump / Surf allows you to douse Mamoswine, Excadrill, T-Tar while most likely surviving Mamos Ice Shard with plent of health to spare.​

And with that, I wish for you a very merry unbirthday, and good luck with the team! Questions? Comments? Concerns? Need help with your math homework?

~ToastTyrant13:toast:

Wow, your like my savior. I'll do all of the EV and attack changes. Which poke would you switch salamence for?

Also, I forgot to change the nature on the jirachi which is why it was hardy. xD Thanks though.

Would you keep the gengar set as is or do you think I should switch to a scarfed set with Trick, HP(ice), Shadowball, and Focus blast??

Wow, your like my savior. I'll do all of the EV and attack changes. Which poke would you switch salamence for?

To be honest, I would go with Techniloom. That may create problems with weaknesses to Psychic and Fire though.

Also, I forgot to change the nature on the jirachi which is why it was hardy. xD Thanks though.
XD

Would you keep the gengar set as is or do you think I should switch to a scarfed set with Trick, HP(ice), Shadowball, and Focus blast??

Depends on if your worried about Dragon, Flying, and Ground types. If so, yes. If not, then no.

If you aren't set-in-stone on your Whimsicott set, you could try Encore / Leech Seed / Taunt / Toxic with the same EV spread as you have now. I just don't like sub seeding with Whimsicott all that much. It still has taunt to prevent hazards, but this set focuses more on causing switches and spreading toxic / leech seed to let your Terrakion / Salamence / Gengar having an easier time KOing things. You do miss out on Stun Spore, but Toxic puts a timer on most things so it is not a complete loss.

Encore will also help out your Excadrill weakness a little bit.

I'll think about that set, thanks. I just finished a stall war with a vaporeon and whimsicott won. I mean I still had one more poke but still. I like the set but, i'll keep that in mind.

Hey Christopher great team and nice theme first of all I would change jirachis item to leftovers or air balloon to add to his survivability. I would also try out this Salamence set

Salamence@ lum berry
Intimidate
Evs 252/attck 4/hp 252/speed
Nature jolly +speed -special attack
Dragon dance
Outrage
Fire blast
Earthquake

This is a great mixed set simply dragon dance for a potential sweep lum berry will prevent status crippling you or will unconfuse you after an outrage and fire blast and earthquake are for coverage and those pesky steels

I would also replace snorlax with another special sweeper as with so many ne fighting types his days are numbered. I would try out this genesect set

Genesect @ life orb/ fire resist berry(forgot its name)
Download
Modest -attack +specattack
Evs 252/specattck 100/ hp 156/speed

Rock polish
Flamethrower
Ice beam/thunderbolt
Bug buzz

Simply switch in on something that will give you a download boost to special attack and try to sweep. Ice beam as you have no ice moves without snorlax but you may want thunderbolt so fires don't completely wall you. As genesect is unreleased this would make your team dreamworld but considering the theme I think it would be fitting.

Good luck

I'd definitely give your Jirachi Leftovers over King's Rock. The additional flinch chance is pretty negligible (64% as opposed to 60%), whereas Leftovers can really help it heal up whilst the opponent is unable to move due to flinching.

I'd also prioritise using Encore on Whimsicott, possibly over Stun Spore. It allows it to force a lot of switches, simply by being there; though if you're gutsy you can of course bluff Encore without actually running it. (For instance, switch into Scizor as it Swords Dances. He knows you can carry Encore which makes his Scizor useless, forcing him to switch it out, whilst you Leech Seed whatever comes in.)

Salamence and Snorlax also seem like they could have better sets to me, though since you say you're currently testing other sets for Salamence I won't mention him. Maybe test a Curse set for Snorlax, though.

One more thing - Jabberwocky is the name of the poem. The monster is called a Jabberwock. You should probably change Salamence's name, unless it's meant to be representing a poem. ;)

If you are playing DW, or plan to use techniloom or geno as suggested, remove the scarf from terakion. If you lock yourself on a fighting move and CMshandy comes in, you will lose the game as nothing can help you dealing with a +6 +6 shandy behind a sub.

The thing is, if i did replace snorlax with genosect, a fire type could pretty much sweep my entire team since I have 3 pokes weak to fire plus another which would be four.

If i did use rock polish on terrakion, which move should I get rid of?

Should I change any EVs then? Also, since I'm really weak to fire, should I switch Snorlax to a defensive heatran? Since heatran can learn iron defence I thought it could possibly work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)