CAP1 - Part 11.5 - (Pre-Evo Art)

Status
Not open for further replies.

It just feels too big. It' hard to tell scale, but it makes me think bear more than cat. I like the idea of the underformed beak-feathers, and it's an interesting take on the idea. Might look a little better with a bigger head, as a lot of prevo pokemon seem to have relatively large head to body ratios. But yeah, it's your design.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i think you need to get some of the bigness from its body and into its head, nj; make it look more pre-evoesque by making it look less mature

right now that thing looks like papa cap

Looks promising Fatecrashers, just need to clean up the nose area and possibly give it a bigger smile and we've got another top contender!

oh lordy that's priceless Defno XD
though I don't exactly like the way his legs and tailfeathers are out of plane with the rest of his body...

...So Tomohawk is a tiger in a hawk suit that's really a hawk in a tiger suit?

We should have included infinite prevos with this thing that get progressively weaker but repeatedly switch their hawk and tiger features, the mind screw is worth it.

Outside of that, that's a good concept, defno16-and a good entry. Might have to vote for it.

I like it, defno, but you have to remember that the typing for PreCAP1 is Normal/Fighting. There's no Flying in there at all! I think it's totally off base to design the pre-evo's art to be clearly Flying when that's not present in the typing. The quality of your work is great and definitely there, I'm just not feeling the reflection of the typing.

Tomohawk gives off the Flying type with a "hawk suit", so defno's little birdy could pull off a Normal type with a "tiger suit". :P

Fatecrashers, why hasn't your piece gotten more attention? It's great! I especially like the little head band with the feather on it. Let's see him in color!

@defno16: yes. I'm gettng sudowoodo flashbacks, and that's a good thing. Just make it look grounded, maybe a few more feline features.

@fatecrahers: loving the idea. Looks very grounded, but still has a fur-feather coat. Plus, it looks like it would be scrappy.

Okay, so I updated my original, but I didn't like it so much, so I made another design. They're both very similar, but if I could get some feedback on the both, that would be great.

1. Updated Original

2. Newer Design

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
New pose, what do you guys think?

edit: hmm, the line of his tail flows into his arm, I'll fix that later. I might play around with his face paint too.

@ Mos-Quitoxe : I dig your design, especially with the new tail feathers :)

@ Nastyjungle : Love it. Seems more bearlike than Tomohawk, maybe it's the tiny ear size? Really like the tail though!

@ Fatecrashers : Awesome :D

Giving it whites to it's eyes I think has helped make it's personality more forceful, which is good since I think it fits the type more closely this way.

Also thank you :)

The feathers on the body and wings don't taper enough for my tastes. Straight sides kind of make it look one-dimensional, without taking the lack of shading into account (I assume you didn't do any of that to save time). I feel that they would look better if they were more similar to the chest feathers. Also I think that the head-feathers need to have some white highlights to them. That, or make the eyebrow spots purple.

The designs with wings and feathers are seem far too similar to Tomohawk, (with the exception of defno's awesome switch). I kinda wish I was a decent enough artist to do prevo justice, but in general I think designs that show detail as to whats under that giant faux bird cloak when its removed are really cool.

@Energy storm: I don't know if you're still working on it, but I really love that prevo sketch you have on the first page!

@Paintseagull: I think the new pose looks awesome~! Great change.

EDIT: Mos-Quitoxe's is awesome too!! (By the way, thats not what I meant by lacking feathers. I just prefer if the prevo looks less bird-like I think XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)