Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been breeding Feebas, because I want a Milotic with the Classic Bulky Water set. These are the best IVs I've managed to get:

Feebas#1: 31/x/31/29/24/11
Feebas#2: 31/x/30/31/8/30

Should I keep one of these, or breed for a better one?

Thanks.

I have a little question...I just caught a 17 Atk Terrakion (Growl...) and I saved the game. Is it possible to release it, re-battle the E4, and come back? Are there any other options?
I've been breeding Feebas, because I want a Milotic with the Classic Bulky Water set. These are the best IVs I've managed to get:

Feebas#1: 31/x/31/29/24/11
Feebas#2: 31/x/30/31/8/30

Should I keep one of these, or breed for a better one?

Thanks.
Personally, I don't think Milotic will be running on speed all that much, so I'd probably go with the Feebas #1. Feebas #2 has a horrible Special Defense, and running a bulky set, that'll hinder you a bit.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've seen mewtwo described as "flawless" before. It has no glaring weaknesses like a bad movepool, 4x weakness ect.

Could any pokes in OU be "flawless?" How about reuniclus? His only downfall seems to be focus blast.

Blaziken? Tyranitar? Mienshao? Conkeldurr? Discuss.

flawless is generally straight 31 ivs isn't it?
as far as just awesome pokemon conkeldurr is a boss. massive hp defense and attack with passable spd.
tyranitar has a glaring 4x fighting weakness and mienshao can't take a hit.

I just caught a 17 Atk Terrakion (Growl...) and I saved the game. Is it possible to release it, re-battle the E4, and come back? Are there any other options?

Should I keep this Zekrom? Been resetting the game off-and-on for weeks trying to get a good spread.

Nature: Unknown (but definitely neutral)
HP: 20-21
Atk: 30-31
Def: 23-24
SpA: 18-19
SpD: 20-21
Spd: 30-31

I've seen mewtwo described as "flawless" before. It has no glaring weaknesses like a bad movepool, 4x weakness ect.

Could any pokes in OU be "flawless?" How about reuniclus? His only downfall seems to be focus blast.

Blaziken? Tyranitar? Mienshao? Conkeldurr? Discuss.
Mewtwo is the best pokemon in the game in my opinion. If it had a better type it would be unbeatable.

Reuniclus is also poorly typed and has to rely on focus blast. It is also utterly wrecked by trick.

Blaziken has to rely on high jump kick which is easily abused by its opponent, and doesn't hit hard enough without swords dance. It was only broken when it had baton pass, which was illegal. T-tar has the most unfortunate 4X weak in the current metagame and can't touch the bulkiest fighting types. Mienshao really shouldn't be mentioned on a list like this but i'll admit that it's a bit underrated. Conkeldurr is a serious beast but is countered quite easily, although its counters are easily worked around by other members of your team.

Is there any way to get the Power items without the Battle Subway? I'm about to start EV training in the 5th gen and I'm going to use the Pokerus (that can be transferred through PokeShifter, right?) and Power items for fastest EV training.

I have been breeding a modest porygon for freaking ever. I CANNOT get a modest porygon with HP ground... @ all... I have been avoiding 31 evs in sp att and sp def so that i can get it... but still its really hard... anyone have any ideas on how to make your HPs while still breeding good stats?

I have been breeding a modest porygon for freaking ever. I CANNOT get a modest porygon with HP ground... @ all... I have been avoiding 31 evs in sp att and sp def so that i can get it... but still its really hard... anyone have any ideas on how to make your HPs while still breeding good stats?
I hope this helps, but...

I looked at another site and found two potential IV spreads for HP Ground. You should be good if a parent has a Modest nature, and these spreads will probably be very hard to get, but here they are:

31/31/31/31/30/30
30/30/30/30/31/30

The first one has a 31 SpAtk IV, so you might want that one, but try for it. If you are unable to get a set like these, I don't know of any that would work, but I wish you good luck in getting that Modest HP Ground Porygon. (I've only had HP luck the first time I bred for it - I tried for Timid HP Ice Magnemite with 31 SpAtk IV and got it on the first try. ;) )

EDIT: Looked again, and those spreads are for HP Ground 70BP.

Ok, I have a team with Zoroark in itwith it in the 2nd last spot, while Alakazam in the last spot, so if is like this Zoroark will switch in like an Alakazam right?
Well, because of team preview I like to play mind games on my team mates and put Metagross where Alakazam was.
However they soon figure out what I have
So my question is:
What is a better pokemon for Zoroark to illusionize
My team if need be is:
Gengar/Magnezone/Conkledurr/Metagross/Zoroark/Alakazam

my Zoroark has Sub/Nasty Plot/Dark Pulse/Flamethrower

Rather than catching Reshiram, can I simply defeat it, finish the rest of the post-E4 story, get the National Dex, and come back to it later, or do I need to catch it in order to trigger the battle with N and other events to finish the game?

Does using an Exp. Share leech Exp from the lead? For example, my Dewott fought the battle, but Drillbur is holding an Exp. Share. Would they both get X exp points, or would they each get 1/2X? Thanks.

Rather than catching Reshiram, can I simply defeat it, finish the rest of the post-E4 story, get the National Dex, and come back to it later, or do I need to catch it in order to trigger the battle with N and other events to finish the game?
No, if you faint the cover legend it will instantly respawn. You have to catch it to continue the plot.
Unless you do the horrible task that is fullfill ALL your boxes and go face N with 06 pokes, then since you can't catch it, it will die and reappear at the top of dragon spiral tower. I don't recommend the latter, just saying.

So, general consensus, is Garchomp still considered Uber or is he back in OU?

Oh and what exactly are "legal hacks"? I made my way into the WiFi forum and a lot of the posts mentioned it in some way, shape, or form.

Garchomp is in OU, legal hacks are pokesav'd mons with legal stat spreads.

@ percussionist, it splits the exp. Not the evs, however.

Wait, but does this apply to AR's as well? And does it included legal movesets too?
Yes. If the Pokemon can be acquired in-game on the cartridge without any outside assistance, even if it takes an eternity and a half, and you hack it, it's a "legal hack". Moveset, IVs, EVs, nature, etc.

Does using an Exp. Share leech Exp from the lead? For example, my Dewott fought the battle, but Drillbur is holding an Exp. Share. Would they both get X exp points, or would they each get 1/2X? Thanks.
They each get half. It's the same as if Drillbur was switched for Dewott.

What do i need to do to play pokemon on shoddy battle or whatever it is called these days? I've played pokemon competively since red/blue but i've never been able to work out how to play on here

To RNG abuse for Cobalion, I set the date of the DS ahead by ten days or so, and then kept messing with the clock.

But when I set it back to the current date everybody who was in the White Forest before was still in there. My question is why?

My current theory is that they had enough points to stay, as I've been talking with them every day, but I'm not sure if it would keep them there as I'm abusing the clock.

Honestly, I'm not too sure. I switched DS's, and ended up in the middle of spring because it wasn't set up, and I changed the date back and it was fine. I'm assuming it has something to do not only with the clock, but the actually passage of time; possibly, that no matter what the change of the clock, it only counts for the people as one day different? This should be looked into a little, though it's hardly a high priority.

Ok, I have a team with Zoroark in itwith it in the 2nd last spot, while Alakazam in the last spot, so if is like this Zoroark will switch in like an Alakazam right?
Well, because of team preview I like to play mind games on my team mates and put Metagross where Alakazam was.
However they soon figure out what I have
So my question is:
What is a better pokemon for Zoroark to illusionize
My team if need be is:
Gengar/Magnezone/Conkledurr/Metagross/Zoroark/Alakazam

my Zoroark has Sub/Nasty Plot/Dark Pulse/Flamethrower
Please, I need to know according to my team what is a good pokemon for Zoroark to illusionize hence set up and sweep anything not named Blissey/Chansey
My moveset is:
~Sub
~Nasty Plot
~Dark Pulse
~Flamethrower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)