Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You can also request to never be on a TV, to moderate success. I did this to hide Blissey during the Atlanta regional, before finally having to play on a tv in t16 I think?

Fair enough, that's good to know. I know a few people 'escaped' for a while in UK last year, so was wondering if it was a big enough threat to not use it, but having the two in reserves definitely makes it viable. So yeah, thanks. :)

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If other countries use the same rules as Japan were going to, then we have to take our own Nintendo DS consoles. I'm assuming that early rounds will be DS-to-DS only, which means only you and your opponent will see your match.

There may be some cases where people are selected to play on the screens that would presumably be used mainly for the latter stages, just to keep the atmosphere up and allow spectators to see what's going on throughout the day.

We'll just have to see.

If other countries use the same rules as Japan were going to, then we have to take our own Nintendo DS consoles. I'm assuming that early rounds will be DS-to-DS only, which means only you and your opponent will see your match.

There may be some cases where people are selected to play on the screens that would presumably be used mainly for the latter stages, just to keep the atmosphere up and allow spectators to see what's going on throughout the day.

We'll just have to see.
Ah, yes I forgot that you need to bring your own DS.

About Zoroark, starting the match with a RPS strategy. "Is there a Zoroark here"?, can be beneficial to teams not even carrying the pokemon.

It is always a possibility, though we do not know for sure. My guess is that if they do release any, it will not be during any of the regional events because it could change the metagame mid regional. I dont see why there wouldn't be a chance for it happening before or after regionals though.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Is there the possibility that the 5th Gen DW abilities will be released before VGC?
5th Gen Pokemon actually don't have High Link sprites programmed into the game. If they were to release the Dream World abilities for 5th gen Pokemon, it would have to be through an event. And from past history anything acquired from an event won't be allowed.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
5th Gen Pokemon actually don't have High Link sprites programmed into the game. If they were to release the Dream World abilities for 5th gen Pokemon, it would have to be through an event. And from past history anything acquired from an event won't be allowed.
I'm not sure if that will be the case, I don't see a reason for them to ban any Dream World Unova Pokémon if we somehow get any this year (or in future years). The 'event-only' Level 50 Dragonite was allowed in VGC 09, the only things that have never (and probably will never) be allowed are the Pokémon that are Event Legendaries: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy (Phione), Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus. With Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect likely to join them.

I guess we won't know until later this year if some are released, though. Or even next year's VGC if it takes that long.

Regigigas was allowed, same with the level 50 TRU Dragonite. Also, Musharna's DW Ability has been released, and is very usable.

Or trade for one off someone else from an earlier regional.

That said, I doubt they'll allow it. Didn't the rules say something about only allowing Dream World abilities found in-game, or was that just something I read around here?

Edit: Is it worth having a fast Poke in a TR team if it's there just to set up? I'm planning to play around with a few team ideas, and wondering whether or not TR would benefit from Mienshao or Tornadus.

Do you have to participate in a regionals to go to nationals? (I never learned this... =/)

Also, what's the best counter to terakion + whimsicott leads?

andrea

/me cresselias
Do you have to participate in a regionals to go to nationals? (I never learned this... =/)
You have to get a Top 16 spot at Regionals to participate in Nationals. Alternatively, you can still go to the National competition on July 8th and play in the Last Chance Qualifier- (essentially an Indianapolis Regional). Top 8 spots in the LCQ get to play in Nationals the next day.

i just recieved a thundurus with 31 iv's in all stats and 30 in speed giving me a hp ice of a bp of 70. how can i determine if this is hacked or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)