Apprentice Program: Round Fourty Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just a friendly reminder: you must have over 15 posts on at least 10 separate days to participate. So please if you do not meet this requirement then do not post in this thread.

Username: Granstafer
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Granstafer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (EST), Monday-Tuesday: almost never. Wednesday: 8:45-9:15 PM, Thursday: 7:45-9:15 PM, Friday: 9:15-10:30 PM (hopefully) Saturday: 9:30 AM-12:00PM, 7:15-10:30 PM Sunday: never. Do note that I may have to leave at a moment's notice and may be back at a moment's notice. Times are subject to change, especially on Saturday, where I may have more time one Saturday, and not be on at all on another.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, for now.
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, as you can see, I am a very busy person. I get caught up in everything, really. I would like to focus on my battle skills, such as prediction, which are really horrible. I am a decent teambuilder, but I could use some help there too.
EDIT: yeah... got my timezone wrong.

Username: hoiboy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TestA/hoiboy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, Fridays from 8-10 and most Saturday evenings.
What tier do you want to learn? BW OU, Dream World OU
Tell us a little about yourself:
I am an aspiring pianist that currently goes to the most asian school you can find in the US. Life is hard and AP's are in a month. :) My main activity is playing piano, but I also spin pens and mountain bike as hobbies. I try not to stress out too much over school, so I manage around 4 hours of sleep a night :/.
I have had some successes with building teams and playing, as I peaked #54 on Smogon's Dream World OU Ladder. However, I feel that my teambuilding skills and playing skills need a lot of refinement in general.

Username: Tortferngatr
Pokemon Online Username (does not use Shoddy anymore): Tortferngatr
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, I.E. EST. Normally available in that timezone between 4-5:30, 8:00-9:00 on weekdays, and generally available on the weekend.
What tier do you want to learn?: Primarily, BW OU. Secondarily, information on how to adapt to a new metagame. If there is time, I would also like learn more specifically about Gen IV OU and Gen III OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently a sophomore in high school in Greater Cincinnati. Likes math.

I attempted to get into the Pt OU metagame, but after several failed attempts to get a tutor (failed mostly due to timing issues), I decided to wait for BW to avoid being in the "generation gap" situation ADV players I heard faced in DPP OU.

This approach backfired, thanks to many Gen IV concepts being far more applicable to Gen V than Gen III to Gen IV, especially early Gen V-and after several times in which I abused a stereotypical rain team at about an 1100 rating (and had many lulz using Drain Punch SD Ludicolo against Ferrothorns), I got out of the loop.

I would like to get back in the game. I would prefer being tutored by someone who has played many metagames (and thusly knows how to adapt to different metagames) but has particular skill at B/W. Would also prefer a well-known tutor with a good rating-but doesn't everybody?

Also, I was waitlisted for round 48, and I want to make sure I'm still in.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Jiovaine11
PO Username: Jiovaine11, -Jio-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, Dream World OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am currently in my senior year of high school, going on to college in Fall of this year.Right now I've been in sort of a slump in College Algebra class, receiving numerous bad grades, but I've been able to pick up my grades and now I should be able to survive.

Username: Thursday
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Thursday, Light Brigade
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4; 6:00 PM-7:00 on weekdays, 12:00 PM-12:00 AM on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / maybe DPP OU and UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I'm a sixteen-year old recluse from the Midwest who likes to read. My favorite book is Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. I took a seven-month hiatus from seriously playing Pokemon, but now I'd like to start playing again. I have some issues with teambuilding and prediction, which I'd really like to fix. Other than that, I'm sort of friendly - or at least I'd like to think so!

As far as other information goes... I'm a sophomore in high school with a 3.94 cumulative GPA and I'm entering the IB program in the fall, I'm not that mean, or at least that's what I've been told, and as said before, I'm pretty reserved and high-strung. I'm also pretty flexible when it comes to my schedule, I think. After 6:00 P.M. on weekdays (I babysit five days a week), we could probably schedule any time in the day to hold tutoring sessions; just tell me in advance! :)

Username: fohg
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: fohg
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 5, 5:30 - 9:00
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Pokemon has pretty much become less important to me at this point. I used to be decent, but I've long since lost what little skill I had. Getting back into things with a new(er) metagame would be cool, but I highly doubt I'll be accepted this round because I'm a day late for sign ups. Again.

Username: The_Rock_Doc
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Rockdoc
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Time (GMT -6); I'm available after 5 PM.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a freshman in university right now, studying to be a geologist. I like playing Pokemon, but I've never really tried playing the competitive aspect of it. I'd like to give it a shot, and see how well I can do.

Username: Unbreakable
Pokemon Online nicknames: Unbreakable, KnownVariable
Timezone/hours: Eastern (GMT -5), available between 3 pm and 11 pm local time.
Tier to learn: BW OU
A little about me: I used to be decent in DPP UU (top rating in the 1200-1250 range) back in the days of Shoddy when I first got into competition, but with a slew of new Pokemon out and the ban lists still in flux, I can use all the help I can get in finding my footing again. Two deaths in the family in the last year have really rocked my self-confidence and mental toughness, and this compounded with an autism spectrum disorder has really rocked me in the mind game department.

Username:manav95
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: manav95
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 Eastern Time Free on weekends mostly weekdays- an hour
What tier do you want to learn?: DW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I want to be a better battler. I feel confused by all the new pokes and new moves every poke learns and want to make sense of the new OU tier. I also want to get a better grip on prediction, strategy, analyzing the enemy teams, and stallbreaking strategies. I feel a tutor should help me. I am pretty nerdy and spend time on computer.

Username: Setirii
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: N/A ; Will make one if needed.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC/GMT -7 hours , 5 - 9 P.M. weekdays, all day weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: Black/White OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon competitively for about a year now and I'm mostly self taught. I would like to learn more about the science behind pokemon over all and how to become a better battler over all. I want to be able to create my own teams and maybe my own sets. More then anything i want to learn black and white. I'm really interested in specialty teams like rain and trick room and my favorite type of pokemon is water. (TBE)

Username: DarthChocoboz
Age 14
Pokemon online/Shoddy Name: DarthChocoboz, Floating Cleffa
Your Timezone and usual hours: GMT 7-9 PM Mon-Thursday 1-10 PM Fri- Sun [only one more week of schol till break so will be available for longer.]
What tier Do you Want To Learn?: Gen 4 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: i've been playing for nearly 2 years now competitvly a year, i prefer OU to any other tier but i love Ubers and UU. I run a youtube channel and oh yeah im irish ;).

Copy Pasted from old thread.

Username: Brammi
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Same as username
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10 (Depends on the day. I'm on really often though.
Tell us a little about yourself: I KNOW WORMS

If I can request I would like KG.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO NACHOS

Username: Mooo
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Mooo (or any number of o's)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, most times, im not hard to reach :p
Tell us a little about yourself: I make milk! But umm, Im an average player and I want to improve. I can go on winning streaks and get up to like 1300 on the ladder but then I lose it quicker than I gain it. I'd also like to find my playstyle :)
C/P'd from the old thread. My tutor couldn't tutor me so I figured I'd sign up again :p
Edit: Zeph or Nachos please

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Limewire
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Limewire
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (technically GMT -4 factoring in DST).
Monday - Thursday: 4 PM to 10 PM
Friday - Sunday: 1 PM to 11 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU (I literally have 0 experience in this tier)
Tell us a little about yourself: I like being reckless.

Username: Fiction.
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Fiction / Gift for You and others
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 (6pm-10pm on most days)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 17 year old guy living in France. My hobbies include playing music and hanging out with friends. I want help in BW OU since I'm average really and want to get better. Same with ADV OU except I'm completely clueless in that area.

Copied from Round 48:

Username
: Heathcliff Huxtable
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Heathcliff
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, 9:00 PM - 12:00 AM weekdays, anytime on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 19 year old college sophomore who enjoys watching football, playing competitive Pokemon, and spending time with friends/family/etc. I consider myself to be a somewhat decent Pokemon player, especially in Generation IV OU. I do, however, feel that I could definitely use some help learning about the new Generation V metagame, developing better team-building skills, and refining some of my current battling strategies.

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: windsong
PO Username: windsong
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, 7PM-8:30PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a sort of competitive player who really wants to learn to be a bit better at BW OU, since I haven't really gotten into it very well. My time's a bit limited since I'm pretty tired after track after school, but I can usually manage to be online for an hour or so a day.

Username: Ranigad
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ranigad
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5:00~8:00 PST on weekdays, generally open on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: Wifi OU B/W and possibly Dream World OU B/W
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been competitively battling for a bit now (a few months). My introductory generation was gen. 4. I've been playing pokemon since generation 1 but mainly as a collector rather than a battler. I actually began getting serious when I discovered this forum and Shoddy Battle. What originally discouraged me from competitive battling was the fact that I couldn't find many opponents and difficulty of training my pokemon to 100. Shoddy Battle provided me with an opportunity to face a variety of people and Smogon gave me the foundation of pre-thought movesets, team building, and battle analysis. So, I decided to pick up the competitive scene and I loved it. I'm having some difficulty transitioning into gen 5 though and I would love help. My hobbies include chess, badminton, tennis, music, and video games. I tend to procrastinate a lot... Yup. I realize that I don't have 150 posts but I'm hoping that the panel or the tutor will overlook that and give me the opportunity to learn this new generation ^-^

Username: SubZeroKombat
PO Username: SZK, ArchangelM or some variation of that
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 , 7PM - 10pm usually
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I did ok in 4th Gen OU when I actively played , but I've more or less been out of the game since then and need some help getting back into the swing of things. I would prefer Zeph as a tutor if possible.

Username: Fastflygon
PO Username: Usually either CumulonimbusCucumber or Sportsman Billy but occaisionally I use the alt Helicowboy David too.
Timezone and Shizz: Gmt, I'm usually available 4:00-~9:00 on weekdays and from about 10:00am to 11:00pm on weekends if I have a reason to be on. Occaisionally on saturdays I'll be able to stay up later, sometimes until about 2:30am, but it's not something to count on.
I'd like to learn BW OU primarily and maybe a little BW Ubers if we have time.
Me: I'm a pretty nerdy guy, I built a gaming PC in the school holidays fairly recently so I'd say I'm pretty skilled in that sort of are. Played since I found Red on the floor when I was like 6 but only competetively since post-chomp Gen 4. My highest peak is #42 on the DW OU ladder and I think I could get to #1 but I'm still a little rough around the edges and could use some help regarding advanced teambuilding and better play. Also I find it kind of diffiult to remember threats when teambuilding sometimes (especially beyond the top 10-15 mons) so some help with that would be cool. I have a couple of irl friends who I got interested in competitive battling that I kind of teach off and off so I'd probably be relaying advice to them as well if that's ok.

requesting someone awesome

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: NixHex
Shoddy / Pokemon Online username: NixHex
Timezone and availability: GMT -8; 12AM to 2AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I started grad school in Electrical Engineering last week but I'm taking a light course load (gotta leave room for Pokemon!). I love hockey (go Kings), tv, movies, cartoons, videogames and especially music (alt rock, metal, pop). I am available LATE (you read my timezone/availability right). I started DP 1.5 years ago and have gone through good spells and lulls, but I want to gain some consistency in my playing.

ASSIGNED TO LIMITLESS AND WHITEQUEEN

Username:
Wanderer
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Lark
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-05:00. I'm usually available 4-11PM on weekdays, 3-whenever PM Saturdays, and all day on Sundays.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP UU, DPP OU, ADV OU in that order.
Tell us a little about yourself: I game a lot (big fan of RPGs and optimization in said genre), and though I can't say I've gotten really good at anything in particular, I've gotten to be decent at a lot of things. I enjoy J-pop, manga, and anime, am hopeless with anything slightly related to current events and pop culture, and can generally be a pretty chill guy. I've been playing Pokemon competitively since late ADV, though my teams were nothing special since Netbattle allowed ubers (fuck yeah kyogre rain team). I'm interested in improving my teambuilding, long-term planning, and prediction to some extent. Please take care of me :3

Username: DoWork44
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Clueless44
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 7pm-1am weekdays, free on the weekends for the most part.
What tier do you want to learn?: 5th gen OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college sophomore studying Kinesiology on a premed track. I pretty much just recently got into competitive pokemon battling, so I need a lot of help in pretty much all aspects.

Username:Crim09
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Crim09
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: U.S. Central Time (GMT: -06:00). I am most often available 6:00-10:00PM Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Sometimes I am available on the weekend around the same time on Saturday and Sunday.
What tier do you want to learn?: I would like to learn BW OU, as that is the tier I most often play in. If I feel solid in that maybe a little BW Ubers.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am student in college, studying to be an elementary school teacher. I played pokemon as a kid but never picked up competitive play until I was reintroduced in 4th gen by my friends. I can be very competitive when I play but am usually graceful (though sometimes I can get discouraged). I want to be able to create better teams and get the mechanics of the game down so I am looking for some help. I also want some help to work on effective team building strategies. One of my biggest faults in playing competitively is that I screw up more often then I should. I am hoping to pick up some helpfull tips and hints to lessen my mistakes and have a better feel for the game. Hope someone is willing to help, and thank you. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)