5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

OmegaDonut: Just checking with you, since you would know the most about this. Is my breeding summary right?

1. Find a good spread on frame 8 in Time Finder, selecting Gift Pokemon.
2. Deposit parents.
3. Run around outside until an egg is generated.
4. Save inside the house.
5. Hit the seed, leave house and mash A and left to get the egg.
6. Hatch egg.
7. Take note of ability, gender and IV's.
8. If possible, find in main window, otherwise repeat a few more times to get consistent results, then advance PID by 1 to narrow results.
9. Find out how far to advance to your correct PID.
10. Hit seed once more, advance PID in house, then collect egg.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm trying to get myself a Shiny Venipede in Lostlorn Forest. Encounterslot of my Shiny PID (917) is 5. Already caught Axew with it, so I'm doing it right. But, every time I'm trying to get that Shiny Venipede, all I get is non-shiny Swadloon, with the right Gender/Nature/Ability. What am I doing wrong?

Seed: D4CFF33E4C4F814B
ID: 55913 SID: 14797
Anyone? Or is it easier to abuse Venipede in Pinwheel Forest? If so I'l just do that

I am loading the game from the DS menu a second before the actual target time. No keypresses. And I am saved inside Pinwheel forest. Have used repel before I even saved my game. I have 5 pokes in party. I'm gonna run back and forth outside patch of grass until the repel's 100 steps are gone. Then I will walk again counting to 28 steps (turning is not included in the count). After 128 steps, I will walk in the patch of grass then use "Sweet Scent". Will catch the pokemon then check IV. Not the IV spreads I was expecting for... :(

Did I do something wrong here? I can't tell...

EDIT: Used Method 5 (Standard Seed) btw...
Sometimes you can miss your seed, and your timer0 tends to fluctuate somewhat, mine is usually C7C, but if I want to hit that I have to be spot on, I have to start the game at the very same time that second hand reaches your target second. It takes a little practice, and even though there's no delay to hit, you still need to be pretty darn accurate when you load the game. I turn the volume up on my DS so I can hear the ticking of the second hand, I find it a lot easier to keep in time with a tick than from just watching the second hand.

Ok, so, I'm apparently having issues trying to RNG for shiny starters. I'm still in the calibration phase.

I found a seed with the IVs i want (8DE84915024FAF3E), and typed it in Reasearcher, however i couldn't find my ID (28490) in the generated list. I'm sure i hit my seed correctly every time, because i tested b4hand and never got it wrong. In six different new games I've started, i got the same ID (28490) 5 times, and another one (06019) once. Neither were in Researcher's generated results. What could I have been doing wrong?

EDIT: Found it after i downloaded version 6.2

Thank you Elranoc and OmegaDonut... I've successfully RNG abused a Durant. I downloaded the newest beta of RNG Reporter and re-calibrated my DS. And I got my real timer0 in it which is C7E.

I now have a Durant with a careful nature and IVs of 31/31/31/28/31/31. :)

when the time finder tells you to hold a button, how long should you hold it for? and when it says "L" that means the "L" trigger, and not Left on the D pad right?

Thank you Elranoc and OmegaDonut... I've successfully RNG abused a Durant. I downloaded the newest beta of RNG Reporter and re-calibrated my DS. And I got my real timer0 in it which is C7E.

I now have a Durant with a careful nature and IVs of 31/31/31/28/31/31. :)
Happy to help.

when the time finder tells you to hold a button, how long should you hold it for? and when it says "L" that means the "L" trigger, and not Left on the D pad right?
Between the moment you start the game from the DS menu until you reach the copyright screen, although I usually hold it until I see the gamefreak logo. L is the L trigger, Left is for left on the D pad.

Buckert

Did you used the newest RNG Reporter and seleced the right encounter type? I can't see anything that you have done wrong.
No I don't have the newest, but the weird thing is,I've captured shiny Axew as well and a shiny Woobat as a test run, so I don't know why I'm stuck. But is it also possible to abuse him in Pinwheel Forest? Or are there nasty NPC's?

I think beta 6 has a problem... Probably has something to do with "Time Finder displaying incorrect IVs if the max frame was set to a low number" but I'm really not too sure.

Anyway, it looks like due to that fix (or something else), it's not displaying or including correct seeds. I searched for a spread I used with a Victini - I know I hit this 100% - in beta 6 and got no results. It still shows up when searching in beta 4 and 5, however. Beta 6 has completely different results from 4/5, too. It's not just that one seed.

Pictures:
Beta 4 Results
Beta 6 Results

If it's not a problem with 6, why are the results so different? I'm using the same search settings, parameters, etc.

I concur with this post actually. The RNG Reporter 6 BETA gave me a seed, did everything it told me, and landed a totally different seed on the same exact time and button hold.

I searched for it on Parameters and it even gave me the same results as my other seed was supposedly be.

Vcount: 60
Timer0: C7F
GxStat: 6
Vframe: 6

I've hit other seeds multiple times before using this parameter in the other RNG reporters 4 and 5 and had no problem with getting the right IVs.

it does it to me, too. I already RNGed some pokemon with non-c-gear seeds, and the ones the rng reporter beta 5 gave me were correct. I will now verify the ones I found with the beta 6 version.

edit: I controlled and the beta 6 version's ones are wrong.

re-edit: whoops, I was using the wrong rng reporter!

No I don't have the newest, but the weird thing is,I've captured shiny Axew as well and a shiny Woobat as a test run, so I don't know why I'm stuck. But is it also possible to abuse him in Pinwheel Forest? Or are there nasty NPC's?
Hmm very, very weird, sorry, not sure if there are any NPCs... and what you can do is, hit your seed, take a note of the nature, hit seed again save once, take a note of the nature, then hit seed again, save three times and take a note of the nature, now when you have those 3, look in RNG Reporter under PIDRNG, to find out what your start frame was... maybe you made an mistake? Sorry don't have any other suggestions

I seem to be consistently hitting same, but wrong seed when I should have everything set correctly

I have the date, time, and seconds down, with my differential accounted for
My Spread is on frame 6, so I move 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party after loading the game and using repel, then sweet scent. I've found the same wrong pokemon 3 times in a row (but with same IVs, gender, and level, but a different nature each time). I have to press the L Button as I start, and I've been holding it down before loading the game from the menu. Anyone know what's going on here?

I seem to be consistently hitting same, but wrong seed when I should have everything set correctly

I have the date, time, and seconds down, with my differential accounted for
My Spread is on frame 6, so I move 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party after loading the game and using repel, then sweet scent. I've found the same wrong pokemon 3 times in a row (but with same IVs, gender, and level, but a different nature each time). I have to press the L Button as I start, and I've been holding it down before loading the game from the menu. Anyone know what's going on here?
Try what OmegaDonut told Rionix on the last page. You might want to change the timing of when you hit your second a little too to see if you can hit it.

Well I was at the part where I put in my MAC address. And when I followed that part, I went to the online part of C-Gear. So when I click the bottom left part of the screen it said, 'configure my connection' or something like that.

So I remember I could check my MAC Address at System settings on my DS, so I enter that part int he RNG reporter. But when I got done with that part, I got to the criteria part. Which is confusing me with all that info to put in. First off, I don't know which seed I need or delay or whatever. All I know is the IVs I want.
Dont think my question was answered.

With the newest version of RNGreporter, what encounter type do I put into the time finder if I want a shiny flawless egg?

Edit: I just tried it with "Shiny Pokemon (All Encounters)" and that seems to be working. Thank you for this amazing software, OmegaDonut! :)

Am I not supposed to find the same seed from Beta 5 on Beta 6?

I cannot find the seed I found last night and I have the search the same way Date,Ivs,Frames...ect ect

EDIT

Never mind It was on the wrong game version I believe.

Buckert

Hmm very, very weird, sorry, not sure if there are any NPCs... and what you can do is, hit your seed, take a note of the nature, hit seed again save once, take a note of the nature, then hit seed again, save three times and take a note of the nature, now when you have those 3, look in RNG Reporter under PIDRNG, to find out what your start frame was... maybe you made an mistake? Sorry don't have any other suggestions
Pretty consistant mistake then :P But that Swadloon I got gave me 2 options.
1. I was 4 frames too far.
2. I'm just screwing this up.

When going for the first, I did 4 less advancements. Then again, I had 2 options.
1. I should hit my shiny seed.
2. I should hit a seed 4 frames under my shiny spread on 917 which I was looking for, 913, which had to be shiny as well.

Took a look at that Pokémon, got the right nature/IV's/gender/ability from shiny frame 913, but all that is missing is the shininess >_<

And my starting frame is 47, just checked it again.

EDIT: Problem solved.

Using standard (non c-gear) method. I've put in everything the way the game says. This is my first time attempting any sort of RNG abuse.

My DS Mac Address is 0023CCD5B8DB
VCount: 60
VFrame: 6
Timer0: C79

Trying for a Jolly Cobalion with 31/31/31/X/31/31 as the IVs.

Seed: 3ABF6BA1
Full Seed: 3ABF6BA134D2B16F
Frame: 1
Time: 4/7/11 5:22:58
Keypress: Up

I need help. I haven't gotten close in any of my previous attempts. Anybody have an idea of what I am doing wrong?

Also, how would I check between the results I am getting and the results I want to achieve? I feel that would be a big asset to a new RNG user like me.

I'm trying to use Pandora's Box to ID/SID abuse for a shiny starter. I'm kinda stumped.

Here's all the basic info:
Game: Black (US)
MAC Address: D86BF7BBE917
Timer0: C7B
GXStat: 6
Standard Seed: 5650976B5E1040F2
Date/Time: 3/3/2011 5:04:48
Hold Button: X
Shiny PID: 28309

And here are the steps I took:
  1. I searched for a standard seed for wild pokemon and found one on Frame 1 for 3/3/2011 (5650976B5E1040F2)
  2. I plugged it in to Method 5 PIDRNG and picked out a Naive nature on frame 28309
  3. Went to Pandora's Box, Gen V tab plugged in all of the above and left the default frames as they were and clicked 'Find ID Seeds'

And now I'm lost.
I want to go for the seed I highlighted (if I did everything right) but I don't know what comes afterwards. I tried to hit that seed by starting my game at that time but my ID came out as 02131. How do I know what frame I'm starting at in-game? Also, what is that Frame 40?

edited: with the latest rng reporter
bumping this from last night :o

Hey Everyone,

Just an observation for people looking for their starting PIDs.
Every time you try a new Seed, your starting PID always changes.
I just tried 3 different ones and my frames were.

-46 47 48
-51 52 53
-53 54 55 (This was lame because my shiny was at Frame 52. >_>)

Using standard (non c-gear) method. I've put in everything the way the game says. This is my first time attempting any sort of RNG abuse.

My DS Mac Address is 0023CCD5B8DB
Timer0: C79

Trying for a Jolly Cobalion with 31/31/31/X/31/31 as the IVs.

Seed: 3ABF6BA1
Full Seed: 3ABF6BA134D2B16F
Frame: 1
Time: 4/7/11 5:22:58
Keypress: Up

I need help. I haven't gotten close in any of my previous attempts. Anybody have an idea of what I am doing wrong?

Also, how would I check between the results I am getting and the results I want to achieve? I feel that would be a big asset to a new RNG user like me.
Have you tried using a different seed with a different frame? (I tend to avoid 1s for some reason) Also, to make sure, have you taken into account the differential between the time you enter the game and the time the seed is generated?

For example:
Seed: D206E548
Full Seed: D206E5489208D568
Frame: 5
Time: 4/21/11 3:09:11
Keypress: None

(31 All except 28 SpA)

is an alternate option, and the choice I would generally take in this situation.

Have you tried using a different seed with a different frame? (I tend to avoid 1s for some reason) Also, to make sure, have you taken into account the differential between the time you enter the game and the time the seed is generated?

For example:
Seed: D206E548
Full Seed: D206E5489208D568
Frame: 5
Time: 4/21/11 3:09:11
Keypress: None

(31 All except 28 SpA)

is an alternate option, and the choice I would generally take in this situation.
It's a one second delay, so I have to hit it one second before the time states. Would I set it at 3:08 and wait for it to go around to 3:09 or set it at 3:09 and rush to hit it at the right point?

Is there a way for me to check how far off I am by inputting the results I am getting and the results I want and checking the difference?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)