Disconnecting in Global Link matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I read something on the global link mentioning this issue, and those who keeps disconnecting alot will get banned.

Were much better when only serious(importing) players and the japanese played on random wifi, much less disconnecting.

But how if they know who will DC in order for them to be banned, why not just give the win to the DC victim and a loss to the DCer

All right, I did this... once... but nobody wants to get swept by an Electivire...

I think you were battling me. LOL
Was the trainer name Matthew?

Ok anyway I have yet to experience a disconector besides one time I was using something like Electivire and 3 other poke's (Electivire from Battle Revolution). I KO'd 2 pokes and my oppoent Quit.

Otherwise people are fairly good on staying connected.

No that happens in friend matches or if YOU were the one who DCed. The official site even points this feature out. Believe me it exists and is totally possible to implement in pokemon.
No, I only play Random Brawls (alot), and it happens after the same group of people play a few rounds together then (I guess) someone gets bored and drops out, and then the game lags and says "The connection with the other players has been lost."

It's done that to me multiple times (And it isn't my WiFi, I have 3 bars on my DSi when I use it for WiFi)

I'm only okay with someone disconnecting if it's because of luck. But, yeah, if I kill someone's Thunder Wave/Sheer Cold/Double Team Regice and they disconnect, that's just pathetic. Why even bother playing?

I'm only okay with someone disconnecting if it's because of luck. But, yeah, if I kill someone's Thunder Wave/Sheer Cold/Double Team Regice and they disconnect, that's just pathetic. Why even bother playing?
Did you fight the same "noob" that I did, or did you just use my battle as an example? Lol

I have constructed a team to force the most disconnects I can. Why not just keep track of them as victories? :D

No, I only play Random Brawls (alot), and it happens after the same group of people play a few rounds together then (I guess) someone gets bored and drops out, and then the game lags and says "The connection with the other players has been lost."

It's done that to me multiple times (And it isn't my WiFi, I have 3 bars on my DSi when I use it for WiFi)
Dude. CPUs replace people who drop out of random brawls. Look heres the official page: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi04.html

And an excerpt if you can't get on it.... "By the way, have you ever had an experience in which your opponent was disconnected, and the match never came to fruition? Like when you started with four players, but ended up with only one?I don’t like that feeling, so I’ve tried to counter it.If you get cut off, your character will get taken over by the CPU without your opponents even knowing—it pinch hits for you!"

Just please please please please stop resisting the truth. There are quite a few factors in this entire process. First of all it doesn't SHOW you when they become CPUs. You'll think you're still fighting all humans until after the match ends and the people who DC are auto-removed. Second of all it says "The connection with the other players has been lost." when ALL of your human opponents leave. Both of these factors combined make you think that the match just auto ends when one guy quits, but thats because when that last guy quits it just ends and the CPUs auto-quit as well....giving the illusion that the 1 guy quitting caused the D/C by himself.

--------------------------

Back on topic. This would be a great way to solve the DC problem. Heck if you were in the lead and accidentally DCed the CPU would probably be able to clean up for you if victory was pretty much assured. The D/P/Pt Wifi battle tower had some FAIRLY smart AI for Wifi teams in particular. Smart enough to know to use a priority attack to use a grass attack on Swampert or something rather than Thunderbolt.

Dude. CPUs replace people who drop out of random brawls. Look heres the official page: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi04.html

And an excerpt if you can't get on it.... "By the way, have you ever had an experience in which your opponent was disconnected, and the match never came to fruition? Like when you started with four players, but ended up with only one?I don’t like that feeling, so I’ve tried to counter it.If you get cut off, your character will get taken over by the CPU without your opponents even knowing—it pinch hits for you!"

Just please please please please stop resisting the truth. There are quite a few factors in this entire process. First of all it doesn't SHOW you when they become CPUs. You'll think you're still fighting all humans until after the match ends and the people who DC are auto-removed. Second of all it says "The connection with the other players has been lost." when ALL of your human opponents leave. Both of these factors combined make you think that the match just auto ends when one guy quits, but thats because when that last guy quits it just ends and the CPUs auto-quit as well.
So the CPU's remain with the exact same playstyle as the real players? I.E. in "Taunt parties" or whatever they're called these days, the supposed "CPU's" keep doing what the real player did before they supposedly quit?

Here's exactly what I witness, whether you like it or not: Say, for example, I'm Snake and the others are Peach, Sonic and Ness. We start the Brawl, and it's a taunt-fest and nobody attacks each other. Then, one person leaves and it gives the error message. Nobody is taken over by CPU's because the players NEVER start attacking during the Brawl, like a CPU would be programmed to do.

I have constructed a team to force the most disconnects I can. Why not just keep track of them as victories? :D
Because it doesn't help my Rating.

Do you have any idea how long a Launcher Battle takes? Not five minutes, more like twenty, and finding one? Oh yeah... Say you've got two people willing to play you, each one Disconnects four times on you. Now, your rating is nearly 1800, and you want it to be 1800, yeah you would get 4 points for beating one of them, but no!!

I had one guy Disconnect on me right after giving in. I got a win for it, but my Rating didn't move. I know it can take longer if they give in, but it's been a few days.

My team forces Disconnects too. This is beacause I am cheap, but at least I play by the rules.

I've Disconnected too ya' know. One time this Audino was just taking too long to die, even though I was confident my Dragonite with max PP's would come out on top, I had to catch the bus to get to work. I've also played with low batteries, and my DS simply died on me. This is because I am an addict and sometimes forget my charger at work. The only time I was gunna' actually lose a battle and Disconnecting actually saved me, I was testing out a new team in Triple Battles, and my opponent had a more seasoned version of it. I learned from the battle, but cheated my opponent out of the win (their rating in the format was 1885 and mine was 1500, I doubt they needed it, but can understand their frustration). Was it because I am a jerk, no, I am jerk because I put half your Pokemon to Sleep. No, I disconnected on accident.

I hope they don't disqualify me, I have 35 wins already and they were a pain to milk out of people. But, I don't have any loses yet. This is simply due to the wide range of players I've gone up against in Wi-fi Battles, I'm not some god, nor do I Disconnect when things get ugly, I know I can still win, especially Launcher Battles (by the time two full Trick Rooms have gone by you can use Revives). Most people just Disconnect, and people who don't realize they can Disconnect are just too new, and are prone to losing.

On another note, if the servers really don't know who is Disconnecting, people like me are out of luck. Heck, anybody that puts Evolite on a Dusclops is gunna' be out of luck.

The problem for handing the win to the person who is winning in the middle of a battle, is all you'd need is the upper hand, and just play for that, and that's not the object of the game. The object is to knock out all your opponents Pokemon, not KO the first Pokemon and Disconnect.

PS: This thread caught my attention, I like never post on this site.

So the CPU's remain with the exact same playstyle as the real players? I.E. in "Taunt parties" or whatever they're called these days, the supposed "CPU's" keep doing what the real player did before they supposedly quit?

Here's exactly what I witness, whether you like it or not: Say, for example, I'm Snake and the others are Peach, Sonic and Ness. We start the Brawl, and it's a taunt-fest and nobody attacks each other. Then, one person leaves and it gives the error message. Nobody is taken over by CPU's because the players NEVER start attacking during the Brawl, like a CPU would be programmed to do.
Heres where the story is impossible: "Then, one person leaves and it gives the error message." No error messages appear when a player DCs. This is what happens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3EfRf93O-o Whether you like it or not thats how its programmed and thats how it works.

EDIT: Note that is a friend match. In a not friend match the same thing happens but a computer magically takes control.

(I apologize for the kind of not Pokemon related conversation other thread readers. Bear with US!)

Heres where the story is impossible: "Then, one person leaves and it gives the error message." No error messages appear when a player DCs. This is what happens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3EfRf93O-o Whether you like it or not thats how its programmed and thats how it works.

EDIT: Note that is a friend match. In a not friend match the same thing happens but a computer magically takes control.

(I apologize for the kind of not Pokemon related conversation other thread readers. Bear with US!)
Then I don't know why it sends me back to the WiFi menu. It must be WiFi's general problem, not any of the player's problems.

Then I don't know why it sends me back to the WiFi menu. It must be WiFi's general problem, not any of the player's problems.
If it sends you to the menu if its a problem on your side. (That game in particular commonly drops connection in random matches for some reason unless you have a strong wired connection.) An easy way to figure out whos fault it is is by who gets kicked off of wifi. If you lose connection and the problem was on your side then you're no longer on wifi. And if you're no longer on wifi you're sent to the main menu. If it was some one else's fault you'd stay connected. Works the same in B/W as well. If you lost connection you're kicked off to that blue screen that says "connection was lost, reconnect?" and if the opponent DCs then you'll still be connected and you'd brought to that "Search for another match" screen.

If it sends you to the menu if its a problem on your side. (That game in particular commonly drops connection in random matches for some reason unless you have a strong wired connection.) An easy way to figure out whos fault it is is by who gets kicked off of wifi. If you lose connection and the problem was on your side then you're no longer on wifi. And if you're no longer on wifi you're sent to the main menu. If it was some one else's fault you'd stay connected. Works the same in B/W as well. If you lost connection you're kicked off to that blue screen that says "connection was lost, reconnect?" and if the opponent DCs then you'll still be connected and you'd brought to that "Search for another match" screen.
What I meant was (on Brawl's part), that when I get the error message, it disconnects me but sends me back to WiFi's menu where it gives the options of Friend Match or Random Match, as it keeps me connected to WiFi.

What I meant was (on Brawl's part), that when I get the error message, it disconnects me but sends me back to WiFi's menu where it gives the options of Friend Match or Random Match, as it keeps me connected to WiFi.
Prolly just range strain. That game in particular gets really stressed when 4 people in fairly spread out locations connect. Matches like that usually abruptly end like that. Can be countered by doubling up on Wiis. 2 people per Wii so its just a 1 Wii VS 1 Wii connection. Tis also why when you go looking for team matches on a site like All is Brawl many people request to fight in a (competitive) match where people have doubled up, to reduce lag and reduce the chance of a DC.

I have been having a blast with the DCers to be honest. I keep refining the annoyingness of my team and am really enjoying their misery before they DC. I actually find myself laughing out loud every disconnect. I guess it's a way of turning a shitstorm into a fun storm!

I don't D/C, I just suck it up and take the loss. If I land in a spot where there's 0% of me making a comeback, I'll surrender, but I won't D/C.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think you were battling me. LOL
Was the trainer name Matthew?
Not that I remember... if you remember seeing a shiny Blaziken then it was me -_-
I have been having a blast with the DCers to be honest. I keep refining the annoyingness of my team and am really enjoying their misery before they DC. I actually find myself laughing out loud every disconnect. I guess it's a way of turning a shitstorm into a fun storm!
Time to post your team?

i hate disconnecters but i couldn't blame one of them. i somehow managed to stall his metagross and dusknoir(doubles) with only my ferrothorn(also burned). neither was previously hurt either.

This a serious problem, I just beat number 49 in single battles and they disconnected on me right after I killed their last Pokemon. Their name is Bluegrade, they go by Blue (They have a Hail team, Abomasnow has Ice Jewel, watch out for Ice Shard. Their last Pokemon was a Weavile, 'sashed). I am so upset because I don't even have a single or double battle rating yet, no one has finished a battle with me this evening in those formats. Also, I don't know anything about single battles. Seriously, these people are aweful and yet have ratings over 1600, the last person was 1767. That is saying something.

This a serious problem, I just beat number 49 in single battles and they disconnected on me right after I killed their last Pokemon. Their name is Bluegrade, they go by Blue (They have a Hail team, Abomasnow has Ice Jewel, watch out for Ice Shard. Their last Pokemon was a Weavile, 'sashed). I am so upset because I don't even have a single or double battle rating yet, no one has finished a battle with me this evening in those formats. Also, I don't know anything about single battles. Seriously, these people are aweful and yet have ratings over 1600, the last person was 1767. That is saying something.
The fact that they cannot swallow the fact if there were to lose to you, their ratings will drop way big and you will get a big boost in your ratings.

1767 vs 1500 with a delta of 267, that is a lot of ratings if you were to win, and your opponent will lose a lot of ratings.

I read somewhere on the GBU stating that they will match up people with SIMILAR ratings, so, partly Pokemon GL's fault also.

The fact that they cannot swallow the fact if there were to lose to you, their ratings will drop way big and you will get a big boost in your ratings.

1767 vs 1500 with a delta of 267, that is a lot of ratings if you were to win, and your opponent will lose a lot of ratings.

I read somewhere on the GBU stating that they will match up people with SIMILAR ratings, so, partly Pokemon GL's fault also.
I am a noob, I don't EVEN have a rating in singles, I don't know what I am doing, I'm just flinging around a Garchomp and a Gengar. They don't deserve their rating.

Some people do this thing where they take the maximum time possible to make their moves. Then they Disconnect. You see them again for your next battle, and they are like, "O-kay, do-kay! Let's have a battle!"

I just want to say that you would have had one if your Golduck hadn't gotten a crit when it Flung that Poison Barb at that Sigilyph. Yes, I mad.
Can't stall forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)