Pokemon Vgc 2011 Team

UPDATED.

Here's my Pokemon Team(s) for this years official VGC. Please comment about anything that catches your attention! All of these Pokemon will have flawless IVs.

TEAM 1

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Quiet Nature, Flash Fire
252 HP/252 HP/4 SpD
Heat Wave
Shadow Ball
Trick Room
Protect

Chandelure's role is my special sweeper. In Turn one, if no threats are out (mainly Earthquake and Rock Slide users, since Amoongus can't Rage Powder those), Chandel will set up Trick Room while Amoongus Rage powders to prevent any direct attacks to its frail HP. Once Trick Room is up, it will Heat Weave or Shadow Ball down the enemy. In Turn one, though, if there IS a potential threat (such as a Terrakion, for example), Chandel will protect while Amoongus Spores the threat so it can set up Trick room. No need to worry about a Fake Out. Focus Sash guarantees a trick room set up.

Amoongus @ Mental Herb
Sassy Nature, Effect Spore
252 HP / 148 Def/ 108 SpD
Spore (Surprise!)
Giga Drain
Protect
Rage Powder

Amoongus sets up everything, the defensive bulk of my team, and uses it's relatively underwhelming appearance to catch the enemy off guard. In Turn 1, (as I said above), it will Rage Powder so Chandel can set up Trick room, or Spore a potential threat while Chandel protects. Once Trick room is set up, it will Spore any threats, or, if none are out, Giga Drain any water types to restore Lost HP from turn 1's Rage Powder. Protect if for any Fake Outs, and the mental herb prevents it from being taunted.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Brave Nature, Guts
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
Mach Punch
Protect
Rock Slide
Drain Punch

Conkeldurr does well in bot TR and without, and is my physcial tank and sweeper. With Guts, Mach Punch can really make a dent in neutral attacks, and OHKO super effectives. I'm still not very sure on its moveset, (any comments are welcome). A Double Rock Slide from Druddigon and Conkeldurr together will leave a dent in the enemy as well as giving a very high chance of flinching. With Protect he can avoid any of those late game psychics or ghosts that might pop up while Druddigon plows over them with Sucker Punch. I'm thinking Drain Punch can help restore some HP while doing some decent damage.

Druddigon @ Life Orb (still unsure about this Pokemon...if you have any other alternatives please let me know!)
Brave Nature, Sheer Force
252 HP/252 Attack/ 2 Def
Dragon Claw/Outrage
Sucker Punch
Protect
Rock Slide

Durddigon is my finisher. A boosted Dragon claw can make a dent in other dragons. Sucker Punch is great while the psychics are lured to a Protected Conkeldurr while he can destroy them with Sucker Punch. The same applies with Rock Slide and genies. Protect can be for when Trick Room is down and a Dragon is out, Conkel can make a dent in it with Facade or Drain Punch then mach punch for a KO. I'm debating between Outrage or Dragon Claw. While I certainly hate being locked into Outrage, at the same time I can't afford to have a Dragon survive from a Dragon Claw. I'm still thinking heavily about this.

TEAM 2

Larexxa (Volcarona) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Protect
- Psychic

Alomomola (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Healer
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Safeguard
- Aqua Jet
- Protect
- Wide Guard

At first glance at this lead, you might be thinking, "WTF, Alomomola? What the hell is that doing there?" or, "Lol, Volcorona will get her ass handed to her by Rock Slide." Well, with careful thinking, I have gotten a great strategy with these two. The first course of action is determined by the opponent'd lead. If the opponent is likely to use a move that hits all Pokemon, such as Rock Slide or Earthquake, respectively, then Alomomola (I'll just call her Alom from now on...too much letters!) will set up a Wide Guard, protecting them both from the attack, and giving Volcorona a chance to dish out some damage with Heat Wave, Bug Buzz, or Psychic. This works extremely well against that infamous Whimsicott+ Terrakion combo, as the Wide guard protects against the Rock Slide and then Volcorona OKHOs/~10% Terrakion with Psychic. If that ugly bull survives the mental attack, Alom can easily finish him off with Aqua Jet the next turn.
Alom, boasting a massive 272 HP, can survive a gem-boosted Thunderbolt from a Thunderus, and just about every attack there is. Leftovers gives great survivabilty, and Protect can stall out a burned Conkeldurr. Protect for Volcorona is also there Fake Outs, SE moves, etc. Safeguard is AWESOME for Amoongus leads. The biggest threats to my lead as of now are Fake Out/Acrobatics Mienshao (I never know which one the mutant squirrel will Fake Out), Tornadus, and Scrafty.

Zazkir (Hydreigon) (M) @ Focus Sash <-----Still iffy about this guy
Trait: Levitate
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
- Protect
- Flamethrower

Eelektross (M) @ Flight Gem
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 148 SpA
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Acrobatics

Now the finisher-uppers are my Hydreigion and Eelektross. This pair does well in and out of Trick Room. Eelektross is rough but does some moderate damage.* I guess I could call him the bulk of my team (after Alom, of course). Protect is for the usual, Thunderbolt is a great STAB, Hidden Power Ice is great for getting rid of Late Genies or Dragons. Acrobatics + Gem has great coverage for Fighting Types targeting Protected Hydreigon.
Hydreigon is great for cleaning up the mess. Dark Pulse is a good STAB for getting rid of Musharna or Reunciclus, and I'm debating to use Dragon Pulse or MissMeteor. I could picture it now : "REGIONAL FINALS: Haxorus VS. Hydregion, last Pokemon standing! Hydregion uses Draco Meteor! IT MISSED! Haxorus uses Dragon Claw. GG!"
Draco Meteor is a great cleaner upper, but since Hydreigon is in the back I won't be able to switch out for that Sp.A loss. Dragon Pulse is the other option, but may be to weak to be able to finish a weakened foe. A Focus Sash? you ask, well, Hydregion will have a Modest Nature. Timid And Jolly Hydreigion/Haxorus will be able to outspeed it and attempt to OHKO. Focus Sash is great for just that, allowing him to STRIKE BACK (FIRIN' MAH LAZORRS) and OHKO the unprepared Dragon.

Thunderus @ Electric Gem
Timid Nature, Prankster
4 HP/252 SpA/ 252 Speed
-Thunderbolt
-Taunt
-Protect
-Psychic

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Adamant Nature, Guts
252 HP/252 Atk/ 4 SpD
-Rock Slide/Earthquake
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Protect

* *This duo is my alternative lead to Volcorona+ Alom especially if I can see an obvious Acrobatics lead, even more especially Tornadus. Let's start with Thundurus. If I am correct in my predictions and a Torndaus pops out, I'll detect with Conkel and Thunderbolt down the wind genie. EVs in SpA and Speed give him the upper hand in The beginning, easily KOing early Jellicents with a gem boosted Thunderbolt. Taunt helps with Trick Room set ups, Amoongus leads, and Spikes/Tailwind teams. I chose Psychic as his last move for great coverage against Rock Slide Conkeldurrs and other fighting types. Protect is for the usual.
* * Conkeldurr has some great synergy potential. This angry clown can Detect (I chose Detect in case of Imprison Chandelures) the first turn to get the monstrous Guts Boost. My main debate for this guy is Earthquake or Rock Slide. Earthquake fits in quite well in my team, as Thundurus, Hydreigon, and Eelektross all are immune to it. At the same time, Rock Slide is great for late Thunduruses or Tornaduses. Drain Punch helps recover the health lost from burns and easily KOs Hydreigon and 2HKOs Scrafty. Mach punch finishes off Focus Sashers, or a last ditch move. Protect is for the usual.

Again, any comments are welcomed.

Thanks!

Thanks!

You need to expand your descriptions. Also, moving this to the correct section.
Sorry for posting in the wrong section.

I am still new to competitive, so what do you mean by expanding my descriptions? My IV spreads? Strategy? Counters? Checks?

And if you mean strategy, I will have to spend more time thinking. It's all I've come up with right now, and I'll two more Pokemon later.

1. Hydreigon need to know Draco Meteor , Fire Blast, U-Turn, and Protect. Mayby try a Modest Nature with Choice Scarf to make up for the speed lose. On the first turn it is out you can scout and use U-Turn and switch to Chandelure for Trick Room if you don't want to rearrange your team like below.

2. Conkledurr needs to lose Drain Punch and Payback for Protect and Hammer Arm. Hammer Arm slows you down allowing you to be faster after each hit during Trick Room. Drain Punch just isn't as good as a Protect to shield from attacks. Finally Rock Slide over Stone Edge because this is double battles which require multi-hit moves (essentially) and Stone Edge has bad accuracy causing you to miss at crucial moments.

3. For Chandelure the 4 Ev's in speed should be invested in deffense or Sp. Defense, whichever is lower.

Overall not bad just some slight changes. Chandelure and Jellicent should be out first if you plan on actually setting up Trick Room. Then Conkledurr because it can work well under it and without it once it runs out. Hydreigon should be out under Trick Room only when the Fighting legendaries and Genies are out otherwise everything else will outspeed it under Trick Room.

Also consider dropping the speed Ev's on your Pokemon. This will guarantee a better time with Trick Room because your Pokemon will be slower than other versions of that Pokemon that actually invest in their speed stat.

You do realize no-one ever Taunts in VGC now because of Mental Herb? You need a bit more security when it comes to shutting down opposing techniques.
OK, now for a few threats....
Amoonguss wrecks this team under TR. It will just Spore everything it sees, and tanks Conkeldurr rather efficiently. My advice? Your own Amoonguss. Actually, if you have TR, why don't you just have a TR team? Simply replace Jellicent's Taunt with TR and Hydreigon with Amoonguss. The team works extremely effectively.
Fake Out can put you behind too. Jellicent's defense stat means it can be flattened should your opponent be running a powerful physical attacker: Acrobatics Tornadus, for instance. Mienshao is also going to pulverize Non-scarf Hydreigon, especially as it doesn't run Chople Berry.
If Jellicent is down, Terrakion walks over your team too. Still, it's another threat a Scarf Hydreigon could handle.
Alright, I'm done with threats now, but while your team is original, you need to take these problems to heart, in order to deal with them.

Hope I helped!

You do realize no-one ever Taunts in VGC now because of Mental Herb? You need a bit more security when it comes to shutting down opposing techniques.
OK, now for a few threats....
Amoonguss wrecks this team under TR. It will just Spore everything it sees, and tanks Conkeldurr rather efficiently. My advice? Your own Amoonguss. Actually, if you have TR, why don't you just have a TR team? Simply replace Jellicent's Taunt with TR and Hydreigon with Amoonguss. The team works extremely effectively.
Fake Out can put you behind too. Jellicent's defense stat means it can be flattened should your opponent be running a powerful physical attacker: Acrobatics Tornadus, for instance. Mienshao is also going to pulverize Non-scarf Hydreigon, especially as it doesn't run Chople Berry.
If Jellicent is down, Terrakion walks over your team too. Still, it's another threat a Scarf Hydreigon could handle.
Alright, I'm done with threats now, but while your team is original, you need to take these problems to heart, in order to deal with them.

Hope I helped!
How would I deal with a Druddigon or Haxorus?

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You do realize no-one ever Taunts in VGC now because of Mental Herb?
You do realize that Taunt is still quite common because not every Pokemon carries Mental Herb?

Anyway, U-Turn on Hydregion is a bad idea, unless you want to run Naive or Hasty, a Timid nature doesn't work.

The set for Conkeldurr should look like this:

Mach Punch
Protect
Rock Slide
Payback

Mach Punch, when boosted by Flame Orb, doesn't miss out on many KOes.

Jellicent needs either Hydro Pump, Scald, or Shadow Ball, Energy Ball just doesn't cut it.

First things first. Overall this looks like you just threw together the top used Pokemon in a team with sub-par moves, but that's why you are having it rated, right?

Jellicent: I don't quite get why you don't have Water Spout on this thing. It's its main selling point, along with a Water Immunity. I recommend this set.

Jellicent @ Sitrus Berry
Nature: Bold
EVs: 208 SpAtt/ 252 HP/ 50 Speed
-Water Spout
-Protect/Taunt
-Shadow Ball
-Recover
This set provides longevity and power, by hitting with two powerful STABS and recovering any lost damage, powering up further Water Spouts.

Hydreigon: This thing is a beast when used properly, and your using it in an OK manner. Also, since most Haxoruses (Haxori?) are Scarfed you will most likely need a Haban Berry over life Orb to survive a Outrage/Dragon Claw. You still need Timid to speed tie other Timid Hydreigon's and Outspeed Modest ones, but here's what the set should look like.

Hydreigon @ Haban Berry
Nature: Timid
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 SpAtt/ 252 Speed
-Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
-Protect
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse
The first slot is up to personal preferences, but the rest is pretty straight forward. It's crazy how valuable Protect is. You can scout for SE moves, and Protect against Fake Outs.

Conkeldurr: The EVs and nature are good, and the moves are the only things I can really improve on.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Attack/ 6 SpDef
-Mach Punch
-Detect
-Rock Slide
-Facade
You might be thinking "Facade?", but when burned it has 140 base power, and multiply that by 1.5 for the guts boost, so you just KO'd everything that doesn't resist Facade.

Chandelure: Honestly, there's nothing wrong with this...

the team's looking much better to me
one v. small thing though, is that I prefer Hammer Arm on Conkeldurr over Drain Punch. it really causes a lot of damage, and allows you to 'speed beat' (a new term i just came up with) a number of other TR pokemon inside TR. Drain Punch is still an OK attack for Conkers and most people still use it, but Hammer Arm is still worth taking into consideration.

Haven't posted before, (so feel free to ignore a n00b like me), but watch out for Darmaritan leads; an LO Flare Blitz running off an Adamant Darmaritan with 252 ATK EVs (~400 attack) both outspeeds your team and OHKOs your "bulky" Amoonguss, even when factoring in 252/252 defenses for Amoonguss (432 max HP, 262 max defense) and ignoring Darmaritan's Sheer Force. Been trying to work on a counter, but maybe if you see it coming, switch out to Jellicient or whatever.

My fear is that come this tournament there simply won't be _time_ to set up, (even with cutesy stuff like Mental Herb and Protect and Rage Powder), especially with the base 140 and 145 attackers (there are a LOT of them), that can simply attack and sweep. Be careful out there! :>

UPDATED.

Here's my Pokemon Team(s) for this years official VGC. Please comment about anything that catches your attention! All of these Pokemon will have flawless IVs.

TEAM 1

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Quiet Nature, Flash Fire
252 HP/252 HP/4 SpD
Heat Wave
Shadow Ball
Trick Room
Protect

Chandelure's role is my special sweeper. In Turn one, if no threats are out (mainly Earthquake and Rock Slide users, since Amoongus can't Rage Powder those), Chandel will set up Trick Room while Amoongus Rage powders to prevent any direct attacks to its frail HP. Once Trick Room is up, it will Heat Weave or Shadow Ball down the enemy. In Turn one, though, if there IS a potential threat (such as a Terrakion, for example), Chandel will protect while Amoongus Spores the threat so it can set up Trick room. No need to worry about a Fake Out. Focus Sash guarantees a trick room set up.

Amoongus @ Mental Herb
Sassy Nature, Effect Spore
252 HP / 148 Def/ 108 SpD
Spore (Surprise!)
Giga Drain
Protect
Rage Powder

Amoongus sets up everything, the defensive bulk of my team, and uses ITS relatively underwhelming appearance to catch the enemy off guard. In Turn 1, (as I said above), it will Rage Powder so Chandel can set up Trick room, or Spore a potential threat while Chandel protects. Once Trick room is set up, it will Spore any threats, or, if none are out, Giga Drain any water types to restore Lost HP from turn 1's Rage Powder. Protect if for any Fake Outs, and the mental herb prevents it from being taunted.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Brave Nature, Guts
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
Mach Punch
Protect
Rock Slide
Drain Punch

Conkeldurr does well in bot TR and without, and is my physcial tank and sweeper. With Guts, Mach Punch can really make a dent in neutral attacks, and OHKO super effectives. I'm still not very sure on its moveset, (any comments are welcome). A Double Rock Slide from Druddigon and Conkeldurr together will leave a dent in the enemy as well as giving a very high chance of flinching. With Protect he can avoid any of those late game psychics or ghosts that might pop up while Druddigon plows over them with Sucker Punch. I'm thinking Drain Punch can help restore some HP while doing some decent damage.

Druddigon @ Life Orb (still unsure about this Pokemon...if you have any other alternatives please let me know!)
Brave Nature, Sheer Force
252 HP/252 Attack/ 2 Def
Dragon Claw/Outrage
Sucker Punch
Protect
Rock Slide

Durddigon is my finisher. A boosted Dragon claw can make a dent in other dragons. Sucker Punch is great while the psychics are lured to a Protected Conkeldurr while he can destroy them with Sucker Punch. The same applies with Rock Slide and genies. Protect can be for when Trick Room is down and a Dragon is out, Conkel can make a dent in it with Facade or Drain Punch then mach punch for a KO. I'm debating between Outrage or Dragon Claw. While I certainly hate being locked into Outrage, at the same time I can't afford to have a Dragon survive from a Dragon Claw. I'm still thinking heavily about this.

TEAM 2

Larexxa (Volcarona) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flame Body
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Protect
- Psychic

Alomomola (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Healer
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Safeguard
- Aqua Jet
- Protect
- Wide Guard

At first glance at this lead, you might be thinking, "WTF, Alomomola? What the hell is that doing there?" or, "Lol, Volcorona will get her ass handed to her by Rock Slide." Well, with careful thinking, I have gotten a great strategy with these two. The first course of action is determined by the opponent'd lead. If the opponent is likely to use a move that hits all Pokemon, such as Rock Slide or Earthquake, respectively, then Alomomola (I'll just call her Alom from now on...too many letters!) will set up a Wide Guard, protecting them both from the attack, and giving Volcorona a chance to dish out some damage with Heat Wave, Bug Buzz, or Psychic. This works extremely well against that infamous Whimsicott+ Terrakion combo, as the Wide guard protects against the Rock Slide and then Volcorona OKHOs/~10% Terrakion with Psychic. If that ugly bull survives the special attack, Alom can easily finish him off with Aqua Jet the next turn.
Alom, boasting a massive 272 HP, can survive a gem-boosted Thunderbolt from a Thundurus, and just about every attack there is. Leftovers gives great survivabilty, and Protect can stall out a burned Conkeldurr. Protect for Volcorona is also there Fake Outs, SE moves, etc. Safeguard is AWESOME for Amoongus leads. The biggest threats to my lead as of now are Fake Out/Acrobatics Mienshao (I never know which one the mutant squirrel will Fake Out), Tornadus, and Scrafty.

Zazkir (Hydreigon) (M) @ Focus Sash <-----Still iffy about this guy
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
- Protect
- Flamethrower

Eelektross (M) @ Flight Gem
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 148 SpA
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Acrobatics

Now the finisher-uppers are my Hydreigion and Eelektross. This pair does well in and out of Trick Room. Eelektross is rough but does some moderate damage.* I guess I could call him the bulk of my team (after Alom, of course). Protect is for the usual, Thunderbolt is a great STAB, Hidden Power Ice is great for getting rid of Late Genies or Dragons. Acrobatics + Gem has great coverage for Fighting Types targeting Protected Hydreigon.
Hydreigon is great for cleaning up the mess. Dark Pulse is a good STAB for getting rid of Musharna or Reunciclus, and I'm debating to use Dragon Pulse or MissMeteor. I could picture it now : "REGIONAL FINALS: Haxorus VS. Hydregion, last Pokemon standing! Hydregion uses Draco Meteor! IT MISSED! Haxorus uses Dragon Claw. GG!" <Lol @ that
Draco Meteor is a great cleaner upper, but since Hydreigon is in the back I won't be able to switch out for that Sp.A loss. Dragon Pulse is the other option, but may be to weak to be able to finish a weakened foe. A Focus Sash, you ask? Well, Hydregion will have a Modest Nature. Timid And Jolly Hydreigion/Haxorus will be able to outspeed it and attempt to OHKO. Focus Sash is great for just that, allowing him to STRIKE BACK (FIRIN' MAH LAZORS) and OHKO the unprepared Dragon.

Thunderus @ Electric Gem
Timid Nature, Prankster
4 HP/252 SpA/ 252 Speed
-Thunderbolt
-Taunt
-Protect
-Psychic

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Adamant Nature, Guts
252 HP/252 Atk/ 4 SpD
-Rock Slide/Earthquake
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Protect

* *This duo is my alternative lead to Volcorona+ Alom especially if I can see an obvious Acrobatics lead, even more especially Tornadus. Let's start with Thundurus. If I am correct in my predictions and a Torndaus pops out, I'll detect with Conkel and Thunderbolt down the wind genie. EVs in SpA and Speed give him the upper hand in The beginning, easily KOing early Jellicents with a gem boosted Thunderbolt. Taunt helps with Trick Room set ups, Amoongus leads, and Spikes/Tailwind teams. I chose Psychic as his last move for great coverage against Rock Slide Conkeldurrs and other fighting types. Protect is for the usual.
* * Conkeldurr has some great synergy potential. This angry clown can Detect (I chose Detect in case of Imprison Chandelures) the first turn to get the monstrous Guts Boost. My main debate for this guy is Earthquake or Rock Slide. Earthquake fits in quite well in my team, as Thundurus, Hydreigon, and Eelektross all are immune to it. At the same time, Rock Slide is great for late Thunduruses or Tornaduses. Drain Punch helps recover the health lost from burns and easily KOs Hydreigon and 2HKOs Scrafty. Mach punch finishes off Focus Sashers, or a last ditch move. Protect is for the usual.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Grammar corrected it first and foremost. Sorry, pet peeve. Gotta learn your "its" and "it's" es. SO MANY PEOPLE get that wrong on the forums, it drives me nuts.
But anyways, it should help make it look better.

Secondly, I love your teams. For some reason, this just fits my build. I love Volcarona, Alomomomomomola (see what I did thar?), and Eelektross. It's just hard to find places for them in a synergized team, and you did that pretty darn well.

I'm impressed by the uniqueness. Keep up the good work, and good luck to ya.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1. Hydreigon need to know Draco Meteor , Fire Blast, U-Turn, and Protect. Mayby try a Modest Nature with Choice Scarf to make up for the speed lose. On the first turn it is out you can scout and use U-Turn and switch to Chandelure for Trick Room if you don't want to rearrange your team like below.

2. Conkledurr needs to lose Drain Punch and Payback for Protect and Hammer Arm. Hammer Arm slows you down allowing you to be faster after each hit during Trick Room. Drain Punch just isn't as good as a Protect to shield from attacks. Finally Rock Slide over Stone Edge because this is double battles which require multi-hit moves (essentially) and Stone Edge has bad accuracy causing you to miss at crucial moments.

3. For Chandelure the 4 Ev's in speed should be invested in deffense or Sp. Defense, whichever is lower.

Overall not bad just some slight changes. Chandelure and Jellicent should be out first if you plan on actually setting up Trick Room. Then Conkledurr because it can work well under it and without it once it runs out. Hydreigon should be out under Trick Room only when the Fighting legendaries and Genies are out otherwise everything else will outspeed it under Trick Room.

Also consider dropping the speed Ev's on your Pokemon. This will guarantee a better time with Trick Room because your Pokemon will be slower than other versions of that Pokemon that actually invest in their speed stat.

from my vgc expierence, choice is bad, hydregion i suggest running a timid nature with dragon jewel so dragon pulse hits hard like draco meteor but wont cost u with the spattack drop,

hammer arm on Conkledurr is good to beat trick room, rock slide becasue flinch , and run mach punch with protect so u get guts to,

taunt is still used alot in vgc also becasue of all the trickroom/tailwind. so mental herb is good. hope i helped out a bit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)