Disconnecting in Global Link matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why a little foresight wouldn't deter people from doing it. I ragequit against one person, a QCer with extraordinary luck, and I've felt rotten about it ever since, in spite of my opponent's "bullshit" tactics.

Then again, I guess asking "Why do people do things they're going to regret later" is a stupid question itself.

I have no idea. I know the only reason I quit is because I got more hax than I was willing to accept. Most I have ever been DC'd in a row was 3 times. Those were at the end of the battle. I've had like 12 in a row at the start, that's annoying as it takes forever to find a match.
I've dealt with a lot of hax both helping and hindering me, and never once have I DCed because of the latter. Pokemon is a game full of hax, and if you are unwilling to accept any amount of it, you should probably play a different competitive game.

I just had to come here and say how much this annoys me. I am lucky enough to find myself scraping into the top 10 overall in the UK and top 3 in the UK in Doubles, but even so the amount of DC I have had is ridiculous. I have since lost 4 battles in a row and probably lost those current placings but it's fine, thats how the game goes.

Having said that however I have DC once and that was because I found myself facing a Machamp and Smeargle... Sheer Cold spamming with No Guard is No Fun!

I just had to come here and say how much this annoys me. I am lucky enough to find myself scraping into the top 10 overall in the UK and top 3 in the UK in Doubles, but even so the amount of DC I have had is ridiculous. I have since lost 4 battles in a row and probably lost those current placings but it's fine, thats how the game goes.

Having said that however I have DC once and that was because I found myself facing a Machamp and Smeargle... Sheer Cold spamming with No Guard is No Fun!
I thought it was proven that No Guard doesn't effect OHKO moves.

Actually, it does, but No Guard only affects the pokemon with the ability and its current target. So Smeargle should not have been affected.

I imagine the whole issue is a little like littering: nobody think's he contributing to the problem if he just threw a wrapper out the window that one time, but there are billions of people on the planet, and one times a billion is quite a lot.

I imagine the whole issue is a little like littering: nobody think's he contributing to the problem if he just threw a wrapper out the window that one time, but there are billions of people on the planet, and one times a billion is quite a lot.
That... Actually makes perfect sense. Probably the best comparison possible, too.

Seriously there is something wrong with this post. Either the second part is a lie or the whole post is a lie. Proven above that OHKO moves dont get boosted with No Guard.
If that is a lie, thinking you came top 10 among probably 50000 people + is getting harder to believe.

Anyways to add on to the subject I had my first couple of Random Matches using the legal half of my 4th Gen OU team. I had 3 battles, one ended in a DC, but thats because he saw that he had a bad lead matchup :/
So yeah

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to email us about opponents that quit when they are losing. While I apologize that you are losing not being credited for the battle when this happens, this is the way the system is designed and there are currently no plans to change that. But I can tell that this is important to you and I will make sure to add your comments to the record of feedback for this subject. While you won't be contacted further regarding this issue, please rest assured that your feedback will be heard and taken into consideration when making decisions related to this in the future.

Sincerely,

Sharon Matheny
Nintendo of America Inc.
What I got in response to my e-mail to NOA.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Doesn't sound like a bot in the slightest, only like a guy who is clearly telling you to "deal with it" because Nintendo/Game Freak/Pokémon Co. can't/won't/don't want to change it.

And Smeargle+Machamp spamming Sheer Cold is perfectly possible... with Role Play.

The main problem is that disconnects CAN happen for legitimate reasons. Maybe the internet in your area goes out, or something like that. The problem is that your game can't tell whether the opponent turned off his DS, or if it was a legitimate disconnect. That's probably why no one plans on doing anything about it...they probably feel it's better to deny a better player of a win (leaving both players no better or worse off than they started) than giving someone a loss for something they couldn't control (making one player worse off for something that was out of their control), even if the former is MUCH more frequent.

Seriously there is something wrong with this post. Either the second part is a lie or the whole post is a lie. Proven above that OHKO moves dont get boosted with No Guard.
It's happened to me before on Wi-Fi. They even gave Smeargle Skill Swap and Role Play, that way if Machamp was KO'd and Smeargle was in danger they could swap to their third Pokemon, a Walrein. They even used Dark Void so I had no chance of stopping them (then again, who doesn't?).

In relevance to the thread at hand, I actually have more losses (7) than wins(5) because when I win people have to be immature and D/C. There have even been times where Excadrill got a chance to use Swords Dance or Garchomp used Hone Claw, and they quit without even trying to stop me. The only thing that annoys me more is when they get just plain LUCKY, like Bastiodon just happened to get a OHKO with FISSURE, or Walrein with Sheer Cold, or because they managed to get away with using Protect 3 times in a row....several of my loses are because of OHKO moves....

Doesn't sound like a bot in the slightest, only like a guy who is clearly telling you to "deal with it" because Nintendo/Game Freak/Pokémon Co. can't/won't/don't want to change it.

And Smeargle+Machamp spamming Sheer Cold is perfectly possible... with Role Play.
You'd have to be either a pretty bad player or really unlucky to let a Smeargle set up a Role Play, live, then live another turn to Sheer Cold.

Edit: Oh nevermind, Dark Void. But Smeargle is pretty slow..

Edit: Oh nevermind, Dark Void. But Smeargle is pretty slow..
Not to be rude, but Focus Sash....And if your running slow Pokemon and the opponent gave speed investment to Machamp, Confusion can stop you from double teaming Smeargle.

Not to be rude, but Focus Sash....And if your running slow Pokemon and the opponent gave speed investment to Machamp, Confusion can stop you from double teaming Smeargle.
Well, I use priority (Or fast Pokemon) often, so I can't really relate.

The main problem is that disconnects CAN happen for legitimate reasons. Maybe the internet in your area goes out, or something like that. The problem is that your game can't tell whether the opponent turned off his DS, or if it was a legitimate disconnect. That's probably why no one plans on doing anything about it...they probably feel it's better to deny a better player of a win (leaving both players no better or worse off than they started) than giving someone a loss for something they couldn't control (making one player worse off for something that was out of their control), even if the former is MUCH more frequent.
But what they don't understand is that any legitimate player (one who doesn't DC constantly and intentionally) without a terrible connection would gladly be penalized for accidental DCs if it meant that his DC'ing opponents would be penalized for what they did.

Oh my gosh I'm really sorry guys I didn't mean to cause any trouble with my post. I should have gone on to say that yes the Smeargle used Dark Void then Role Play with a focus sash to boot. Eeek sorry! Just to say I am currently #9 in the UK overall my username is fight4thislove..

I was thinking about this, and I had an epiphany - so many of the younger people who play pokemon, whenever they're about to lose an ingame battle, instantly turn off their system. Why shouldn't this habit extend online? It's not like there's real people on the other end or anything. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)