5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

hey i'm trying to figure out my ds parameters because it seems that you need to know that in order to catch legends and/or breed.
the thing is that i don't know how to figure out the IVs of the pokemon i catch like bearsfan does in his video at around the 5:11 min mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4zNQH9cC3w

how can i check the IVs of what i caught? i don't own an AR btw

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hey i'm trying to figure out my ds parameters because it seems that you need to know that in order to catch legends and/or breed.
the thing is that i don't know how to figure out the IVs of the pokemon i catch like bearsfan does in his video at around the 5:11 min mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4zNQH9cC3w

how can i check the IVs of what i caught? i don't own an AR btw
IV calculator and rare candies...

@kaphotics

but no wild pokemon can give me the exact IVs if i input their stats into a calculator and i don't have enough rare candies to level them up to 100; i only have like 3 rare candies

I wanna breed a shiny Petilil

Seed: 5fb1edc2824d5a0a
Time:7:27:50
Date: 1/26/2015
Keypress: None
TID: 00145 SID: 31592
Inheritance: Ma/x/Fe/x/x/Ma
IV spread: 26/31/30/30/17/30

Parents:
Mild Ditto: 31/30/31/30/31/30
Timid Petilil: 31/4/11/30/20/30

The original nature was Impish, but changed to Timid when I changed the everstone choice. Does this mean I can use the everstone to hatch a timid shiny petilil?
Could someone help me with the PID trick? I'm not understanding what to do with it.

@kaphotics

but no wild pokemon can give me the exact IVs if i input their stats into a calculator and i don't have enough rare candies to level them up to 100; i only have like 3 rare candies
You don't need exact IVs. The parameter finder allows you to input the range of IVs (min/max). Just go to victory road and catch something then input the stats into an IV calculator (I recommend metalkids), use 1 rare candy, input new stats, use another rare candy etc. 3 rare candies should be enough to narrow down the range of IVs but if you need more you can always trade for a few more.

@MeGaMan, my trick and bearsfan was to do this:
Save once, capture, check, if bad nature, Save twice, capture, cheeck, if bad nature again, save thrice, etc; doing this will eventually get you the nature you want.

I am very new to the whole RNGing thing. I know this is a stupid question, but is there anything, I mean ANYTHING, that may affect my frame or seed? And I somehow found my parameters, even with a dsi and a retail cart. However, I have been atteempting to RNG Victini, so I was wondering if the frame is affected in any way by something.

Next version of RNG Reporter will do the calculation automatically for you, and show the exact characteristic you will get. There will be boxes where you can input the parent IVs and the IVs of the current IVRNG frame.
Does this mean that we won't have to find our PIDs through trial and error anymore?

I am very new to the whole RNGing thing. I know this is a stupid question, but is there anything, I mean ANYTHING, that may affect my frame or seed? And I somehow found my parameters, even with a dsi and a retail cart. However, I have been atteempting to RNG Victini, so I was wondering if the frame is affected in any way by something.
You don't need parameters for c-gear RNG which is the only type of RNGing you can do on a DSi. All you need is your mac address.
The first post in this thread lists everything that affects the frame/PIDRNG. Turning/walking in areas with wild pokemon, saving, NPCs, c-gear etc. You can't control the PIDRNG/frame with c-gear RNG anyways. Use a synchronizer for the nature you want.

You don't need parameters for c-gear RNG which is the only type of RNGing you can do on a DSi. All you need is your mac address.
The first post in this thread lists everything that affects the frame/PIDRNG. Turning/walking in areas with wild pokemon, saving, NPCs, c-gear etc. You can't control the PIDRNG/frame with c-gear RNG anyways. Use a synchronizer for the nature you want.
erm, why is it impossible for me to do it on a dsi? I have heard that other dsi owners managed to do it, and I still found my parameters, so I guess it may be possible. And I am using a synch.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, thanks for pointing me back to the front page. I must've read over the part where it says that saving advances the PIDRNG frame, not the actual frame.

Need help for ID/SID RNG in BW.
I can't understand what to do exactly.

- I find a IV spread
- I find my desired nature in that seed
- I open Pandora's box and input my datas (search by... and search parameters), then find ID Seeds

And then? I have a lot of ID/SID combos that guarantee the spread I chose to be shiny in that frame, but I can't understand how to get one of them.
If I reset my DS and hit my second I get totally different IDs (more than once I get the same one), and sometimes they have a higher frame than the previous and/or there are many seeds that generate the same ID.

wait, I have another question. My frame is 14, and since I need to advance the frame up by 13, I need to withdraw something from my PC box first, then walk 128 or so steps on my way to liberty island, then walk until I reach a total of 256 steps, and I will reach my frame of 14? Or will something along the way affect it?

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Are you sure? Last time I RNG'd a shiny, I had to walk 256 steps and it still started on frame 53.
That's why I wrote "potentially". I've had RNGs where patches of land with no wild Pokemon advanced my PIDRNG by a few anyway, and other times I experienced the same thing you did. I think ToastPlusOne conducted some very thorough research on this so I was citing his post, but I think he also said there are other factors that seem to be out of our control. I'm not as sure about that, though.

Basically, it's not good to rely on walking steps to advance the PIDRNG - the PID frame you land on after all the IV step advancements should be considered the "starting" PID, with any PID advancements done with saving/chatots after that. @_@

wait, I have another question. My frame is 14, and since I need to advance the frame up by 13, I need to withdraw something from my PC box first, then walk 128 or so steps on my way to liberty island, then walk until I reach a total of 256 steps, and I will reach my frame of 14? Or will something along the way affect it?
If you need to do 13 IV frame advancements, you'd save right in front of the PC box and then withdraw once after starting your game and hitting your seed. One withdrawal advances the IV RNG by 7. (Depositing a Pokemon doesn't advance anything, only withdrawing.)

13 - 7 = 6, so you'd need to do 6 more advancements along the way to Victini. I would just have 3 Pokemon in my party and do 256 steps total before I end up in front of Victini. That means I'd use a Max Repel right before I saved at the PC Box to make sure I counted all the steps on the way to Victini as well. Hopefully you can get to Victini in less than 256 steps from Castelia's Pokemon Center, I haven't RNGed my Victini yet.

I wanna breed a shiny Petilil

Seed: 5fb1edc2824d5a0a
Time:7:27:50
Date: 1/26/2015
Keypress: None
TID: 00145 SID: 31592
Inheritance: Ma/x/Fe/x/x/Ma
IV spread: 26/31/30/30/17/30

Parents:
Mild Ditto: 31/30/31/30/31/30
Timid Petilil: 31/4/11/30/20/30

The original nature was Impish, but changed to Timid when I changed the everstone choice. Does this mean I can use the everstone to hatch a timid shiny petilil?
I would also like to an answer to this. Every time i use an everstone after figuring out what my PID frame was and doing the necessary frame advancements to the shiny frame, it ends up being wrong. I would like to know what i'm doing wrong using everstones to shiny breed.

I would also like to an answer to this. Every time i use an everstone after figuring out what my PID frame was and doing the necessary frame advancements to the shiny frame, it ends up being wrong. I would like to know what i'm doing wrong using everstones to shiny breed.
Are you using RNG Reporter 9.75?

If you need to do 13 IV frame advancements, you'd save right in front of the PC box and then withdraw once after starting your game and hitting your seed. One withdrawal advances the IV RNG by 7. (Depositing a Pokemon doesn't advance anything, only withdrawing.)

13 - 7 = 6, so you'd need to do 6 more advancements along the way to Victini. I would just have 3 Pokemon in my party and do 256 steps total before I end up in front of Victini. That means I'd use a Max Repel right before I saved at the PC Box to make sure I counted all the steps on the way to Victini as well. Hopefully you can get to Victini in less than 256 steps from Castelia's Pokemon Center, I haven't RNGed my Victini yet.

SOOOOO, I have to hit 256 EXACTLY? And yeah, its easily possible to reach it within 256 steps. But the whole max repel idea is ingenious. I'll get right on it.

from what I've read the power items and everstone messes with the rng when breeding pokes

I rng'ed my TID/SID on my pkm. black and tried searching for shiny spreads for the roamers and found none, should i keep trying different months?

edit. think i found the problem i had synchronize frames only checked lol

Does anyone know a way to battle roamers like Thundurus with out looking at the electric board? It usually takes me over 128 steps and screws my frame advances over.

Everstone breeding has been working fine for me in 9.75. Make sure you have the Everstone nature selected when you're looking at breeding PIDs if you are using one. It changes a lot of things.

Does anyone know a way to battle roamers like Thundurus with out looking at the electric board? It usually takes me over 128 steps and screws my frame advances over.
At this point it's already settled. You do your frame advancements in the house. Everything gets set as soon as you encounter him outside the house.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
SOOOOO, I have to hit 256 EXACTLY? And yeah, its easily possible to reach it within 256 steps. But the whole max repel idea is ingenious. I'll get right on it.
Have to do at least 256, but a few steps above that shouldn't matter. To be safe I'd just do 256 though. Good luck. If you think you can get to it in less than 128 steps you can have a party of 6 and just use one repel and 28 steps, but I like 256 because the repel counts the majority of those steps for me, yeah. :B

Everstone breeding has been working fine for me in 9.75. Make sure you have the Everstone nature selected when you're looking at breeding PIDs if you are using one. It changes a lot of things.
Yeah, right, that's what i do. I pick a do-able frame with the nature i want (with the everstone) but when i try to figure out my starting PID frame with it on, I do it without the everstone and as soon as i figure out what my starting frame is, i put it on and try to advance to the shiny everstone PID frame but this ends up being wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)