5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Firstly, are you sure they were the exact IVs? Have to be 100% if not you can add a range on the 2nd row by adding one or two if you used an IV calculator, obviously if you have AR then you can check for sure.

Double check the date and the date format.

If not, go catch another pokemon and try again, sometimes you made a small mistake but cant trace it back so try again and get another note of a new time and new ivs.

The IVs were exact, I check by using rare candies to elevate my Pokemon to level 100 and there were no ranges.

But yeah, will try with a new time and see if that helps, thanks. ^^

This video really helped (comes from the first page of this thread), although it's for capturing legends/wild PKMN - it still explains a bit about finding your DS parameters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4zNQH9cC3w

Q1: Timer0 is just one of those "parameters" - something specific to your DS (and the seed you hit)... It's usually constant for what you're trying to do. For example, when trying to RNG my Reshiram with Method 5, Standard Seed, Stationary Pokemon, my Timer0 is C7C. Very occasionally, it will fluctuate to C7D or C7F, but it's mostly C7C for me... So, I search for a seed with Timer0: C7C... If it fluctuates, I'll miss my seed - this is what may be happening to you. So you might want to try searching with other Timer0s if you keep missing your seed, especially if you're pretty sure you're doing everything else correctly.

Q2: I'm not sure there's a way to "fix it" - rather, you just have to try a couple of times, and see which Timer0 you're actually using when you hit a seed (note the IVs, for example, of the wrong seed you keep hitting, esp. if it keeps coming up)... There's a "min Timer0 / max Timer0" blank you can fill for the DS Parameters, which you could use to widen your range for Timer0, in case it's not what you've currently got in that blank. Doing so could help you find out what your most common timer0 really is.

EDIT: Oh crap, sorry - you actually can't check the IV of anything 'cause you're RNG-ing for your TID/SID. In that case, it's really just a matter of guessing and checking with the Timer0 until something shows up and matches with what you're getting... unless someone else has a better suggestion?
The timer0 usually only fluctuates by 1 letter, right? So if mine comes out to be a min/max of C7F I should try C7E and C7G?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The timer0 usually only fluctuates by 1 letter, right? So if mine comes out to be a min/max of C7F I should try C7E and C7G?
Usually. I think it's rarely as much as two though. But there's no such thing as C7G. =P

It's C80.

So then Test C7D, C7E, C80 and C8...A? I guess?
Sorry for asking so many questions, I'd really like to get this done today.
You might want to be familiar (or remember) Hex Values, 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F.

C7F next values would be C80 C81 C82...
previous values would be C7E C7D C7C...

Should I go all the way back to the time finder with these Timer0s?
Iirc, when you input 5th Gen DS parameters in the latest RNG Reporter (9.75), there is an option for Timer0 Min / Max. I'm not sure if RNG Reporter makes the necessary fixes when Timer0 fluctuates, but yes, try hitting your desired seed, check IV's, and calibrate.

Iirc, when you input 5th Gen DS parameters in the latest RNG Reporter (9.75), there is an option for Timer0 Min / Max. I'm not sure if RNG Reporter makes the necessary fixes when Timer0 fluctuates, but yes, try hitting your desired seed, check IV's, and calibrate.
Checking IVs really isn't an option, I'd have to progress past all the way past the first gym... again.

Okay, so i'm trying to RNG for a stationary Pokemon non-C-gear but first I had to find the seed/IVs. I selected a time and used the sweet scenter as soon as the Pokemon appeared, captured it and checked it's IVs. When I tryed to search for them they didn't appear. I tryed again at the exact same time and I got the exact same IVs so I figure i'm timing something right but it doesn't appear when searched for and i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

I'm using a UK copy of Pokemon White, no flashcard and a normal original DS.

What I did:
Set the time and date pressing A to start the game when the DS clock hit the time.
Didn't press anything till Game Freak came up.
Used Sweet Scent as soon as the game loaded.
Caught Pokemon and checked IVs.
Here's a screenshot if it'll help.

I'm guessing i've entered something wrong somewhere down the line but pretty much just followed the guides, unless I missed something.

^^; thanks.
Sounds like a stupid question, but are you ensuring the correct 24h clock time (i.e. is it definitely 8, and not 20)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is there a more stable version of RNG reporter? The beta has a habit of crashing.
Hi. I can't fix bugs if I can't duplicate the problem. I can't duplicate the problem if you don't give me any details.

Also, you're the only person I've heard it "crashes" for so far.

Hey guys im Rng'ing a Wild Shiny Joltic inside of Chargestone Cave. I am using rng reporter 9.75 using a ds lite. I hit the seed that i desire and advance the pid rng with chattot and sweet scent to engage the wild battle and every time i hit my seed and pid it doesnt come up shiny. Here is what im using

Full Seed:89BD82D4508113F3 Standard Non C Gear
Encounter type Wild Pokemon
DS Parameters Ds Lite
Mac Address a45c27f71fc6
Vcount 60 Vframe 6
GxStat 6 Timer0
Min C7E Timer 0 Max C70

Frame 1 Shiny Pid on 74 (By the way my game starting pid is 46)
Calm Shiny 30/25/31/31/27/31 Encounter Slot 0( for Joltic in Chargestone cave)

Time 4/19/11 11:30:54 While Holding up Button( I gotta start one second early as per ds parameters)

I advance the Pid with Chattot with a recorded chatter inside of my party then one im finished advancing i sweet scent to engage.

can anyone help on why its not shiny even i get the stats and nautre although rng reporter says it should be shiny

Thanks guys

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
May just be my computer, then, it's not exactly the best.
Still, I'd like to know under what conditions it crashes for you. If it tends to crash on low-end computers, I might be able to add some options to make it run more smoothly.

Still, I'd like to know under what conditions it crashes for you. If it tends to crash on low-end computers, I might be able to add some options to make it run more smoothly.
Just when trying to search for time it'll give me an error going "RNG reporter has encountered an error and needs to close"

Hi. I can't fix bugs if I can't duplicate the problem. I can't duplicate the problem if you don't give me any details.

Also, you're the only person I've heard it "crashes" for so far.
9.74 does crash for me sometimes when im searching for complex seeds. Usually only when im searching for keypresses it stops and crashes right near the end. This is for Non C Gear seeds. I imagine it is my crappy computer, but if you want to give it a try here is the information im using:
DS MAC Adress: 0016569235FF
Encounter type Wild Pokemon Method 5 Standard seed
Keypresses 3 on a White English on a DS Lite
V Count 60, V Frame 8, GxStat 6, Timer0 C7F for both min and max.
ID 34588, SID 63460
Max shiny frame 1000(I think this maybe the problem? But it has crashed on me before with lower examples, just got this one recently though), Min 1 Max 6 for IV frames With shiny only clicked
May 2069(yeah, sorry couldnt resist)
IVS all 31

Let me know if I left anything out
EDIT: The problem it causes is it wont respond, forcing me to restart my computer

Just when trying to search for time it'll give me an error going "RNG reporter has encountered an error and needs to close"
I've actually had this happened to me a few times. Although, that's usually when I try dual-clienting them to search for other spreads as well.

----
Hello everyone, I'm about to restart my retail White cartridge. Can someone explain to me the steps required to abuse my ID/SID on a retail cart?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Can I get a screenshot of the error message and the Time Finder screen?

9.74 does crash for me sometimes when im searching for complex seeds. Usually only when im searching for keypresses it stops and crashes right near the end. This is for Non C Gear seeds. I imagine it is my crappy computer, but if you want to give it a try here is the information im using:
DS MAC Adress: 0016569235FF
Encounter type Wild Pokemon Method 5 Standard seed
Keypresses 3 on a White English on a DS Lite
V Count 60, V Frame 8, GxStat 6, Timer0 C7F for both min and max.
ID 34588, SID 63460
Max shiny frame 1000(I think this maybe the problem? But it has crashed on me before with lower examples, just got this one recently though), Min 1 Max 6 for IV frames With shiny only clicked
May 2069(yeah, sorry couldnt resist)
IVS all 31

Let me know if I left anything out
EDIT: The problem it causes is it wont respond, forcing me to restart my computer
First, upgrade to 9.75.

Second, when you say "near the end" do you say that just because the progress bar looks full? Because the progress bar lies, it's a known bug. If it looks like it's full, it doesn't mean it's close to being done.

Third, what does it say for the CPU number when you check Performance Options --> Number of CPUs?

Can I get a screenshot of the error message and the Time Finder screen?

First, upgrade to 9.75.

Second, when you say "near the end" do you say that just because the progress bar looks full? Because the progress bar lies, it's a known bug. If it looks like it's full, it doesn't mean it's close to being done.

Third, what does it say for the CPU number when you check Performance Options --> Number of CPUs?
By near the end I mean it literally is right up next to the finish but is still searching. However the problem is that once it gets to that point it wont move and eventually I get an RNG Reporter has failed message.
For number of CPUs it says 2. What does that mean?
Ill edit it in my results on 9.75 when i get them

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
By near the end I mean it literally is right up next to the finish but is still searching. However the problem is that once it gets to that point it wont move and eventually I get an RNG Reporter has failed message.
I'd like a screenshot of the window and the message, please. Also, try searching with CPUs set to 1. It will run a little slower, but may be less likely to fail.

Also, do you know how much RAM do you have in your PC?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It seems to usually be a RAM issue. Lots to display and no memory to display it with. Do we have a way of measuring remaining memory for those low-end computers? Like, if (remaining < 128mb) return 0; There has to be a way to measure it.

It is how many threads are in the process. 2 is what you should usually have for a dual-core computer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)