5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Seed: 7D1C0201ABAA40C9 Timer: C7B (I also have a C7C timer) Black Version
Time: 12/14/2013 10:33:40 (I have to go to 39 seconds because of my delay)
Going for: Shiny Timid HP Ground Litwick Location: Celestial Tower 3F
ESV: 3 Starting PID: 47 Desired PID: 448
I keep getting either a nonshiny Litwick that is usually Naive Natured and "Somewhat of a clown" or this Elgyem which looks like it has the right spread but is Docile Nature.
I'm advancing the frame by turning in place in sets of 10, adding up to 200 and then saving once. Anyone got any protips?
I know I have right SID, and I don't have any Chatot available to me.

I'm having problems getting the PID on a pokemon I'm breeding. I used Wellspring cave to check the PID frame I'm on, but whenever I breed the pokemon, it lands on a frame that's no where near the one that I know I should be on (so its not NPCs messing me up). I'm using an everstone on my parents but i have the everstone and ditto boxes checked on my frame finder. I've also been hitting my IV spread, so its not timer zero either. I'm using PPRNG btw

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I'm having problems getting the PID on a pokemon I'm breeding. I used Wellspring cave to check the PID frame I'm on, but whenever I breed the pokemon, it lands on a frame that's no where near the one that I know I should be on (so its not NPCs messing me up). I'm using an everstone on my parents but i have the everstone and ditto boxes checked on my frame finder. I've also been hitting my IV spread, so its not timer zero either. I'm using PPRNG btw
You should be hatching the egg immediately to find the starting PID you're on for eggs, not catching a wild Pokemon for the starting PID. Grab the egg immediately after starting the game and find the hatched Pokemon's PID.

You should be hatching the egg immediately to find the starting PID you're on for eggs, not catching a wild Pokemon for the starting PID. Grab the egg immediately after starting the game and find the hatched Pokemon's PID.
ok... for some reason I thought that a wild pokemon PID would match up with the egg PID, but if it doesn't then I can re-figure out my frame pretty easily i guess. around what frames should I be searching, because nothing in the 40-100 frames fit what i've been getting (and i'm just getting the egg as soon as i start the game)

does anyone know approximately where the pid frame lands after all the rain falls and stuff for the roamers, i found a whole lot of seeds for them, just want to know if i need to look for the ones over 5000

Does anybody know how can I RNG abuse without being banned those stupid 24 hours (because of changing the ds clock) from the Dream World?
thx in advance

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
SOOOOO, I have to hit 256 EXACTLY? And yeah, its easily possible to reach it within 256 steps. But the whole max repel idea is ingenious. I'll get right on it.
It doesn't have to be EXACTLY. Depending on where your step counter started, it could be anywhere between 129 and 383 steps. But you could accidentally advance 1 or 3 times instead if you do that, 256 will always be safe, and calculating your step counter is pointless and tedious, so it's almost always better to just do exactly 256.

Is this right?

Which is easier?

Trying to RNG and capture a SHINY Wild Pokemon with my desired IV spread, or trying to hatch a SHINY Pokemon with my desired IV spread?

I've RNGed quite a few Eggs of this sort back in Gen. IV, and I've been able to RNG (with Standard Seeds) stationary Pokemon in Gen. V.

I thought capturing "perfect," SHINY Pokemon would be just about as easy as the stationary Pokemon, until I ran into the predicament of trying to advance the frames on the standard seed (to get the IVs I want) and the PIDRNG to acquire the correct nature, ability, encounter slot, and shinyness for a manageable frame in the presence of NPCs. (I should also ask, if an NPC stands in one spot but turns from one side to another in a random pattern, do they still advance the frame?)

To avoid this, it seems that I should find the spread I want on frame 1, so that I can minimize NPC-interference - the most I would have to do is "calibrate" for the PIDRNG. Still, this lands me in another predicament: trying to advance the PIDRNG to the frame with the correct nature, ability, encounter slot, and shinyness. It is almost always like 10,000+ frames away. Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing a step somewhere that would make capturing such specific Pokemon easier with Non-C-Gear Standard Abuse? I would think that using a Synchronizer will make things easier, but I don't know how Synchronizers work with the PIDRNG... I read the guides on the first page, but I'm not seeing anything specific about how to use Synchronizers (for capturing) or even the Everstone (for hatching).

I watched a video on hatching RNG'ed Shiny Pokemon with the desired nature, ability, encounter slot, and shinyness... except it suggests the use of two "perfect IV" parents... which leaves me thinking, "Where can I at least get a perfect IV & Nature, female parent if I can't catch it [due to the problems mentioned in the previous paragraph]?"

Other questions I need to be resolved:
1. "Walking/turning in areas with wild Pokémon advances the frame by 2 per step" - can I run? Does "areas with wild Pokemon" refer to the entire route or cave, etc. I'm in, or only the grass patches, etc. where wild Pokemon would attack? (i.e., basically, I'm asking if moving up and down any part of a route still advances the frame this way even if I'm not actually moving around in a grassy area?)
2. Wandering NPC's will move in the same pattern if I hit the same seed with Standard Abuse... So, every time they move, they will advance the PIDRNG frame. Is this amount of advancement exactly the same amount for each and every time I hit that seed, assuming I take exactly the same time each time to Sweet Scent a wild Pokemon?

Thanks for all of your help! (And sorry for the lengthy post... But I'm sure someone out there is wondering the same thing...)

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Trying to RNG and capture a SHINY Wild Pokemon with my desired IV spread, or trying to hatch a SHINY Pokemon with my desired IV spread?

I've RNGed quite a few Eggs of this sort back in Gen. IV, and I've been able to RNG (with Standard Seeds) stationary Pokemon in Gen. V.

I thought capturing "perfect," SHINY Pokemon would be just about as easy as the stationary Pokemon, until I ran into the predicament of trying to advance the frames on the standard seed (to get the IVs I want) and the PIDRNG to acquire the correct nature, ability, encounter slot, and shinyness for a manageable frame in the presence of NPCs. (I should also ask, if an NPC stands in one spot but turns from one side to another in a random pattern, do they still advance the frame?)

To avoid this, it seems that I should find the spread I want on frame 1, so that I can minimize NPC-interference - the most I would have to do is "calibrate" for the PIDRNG. Still, this lands me in another predicament: trying to advance the PIDRNG to the frame with the correct nature, ability, encounter slot, and shinyness. It is almost always like 10,000+ frames away. Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing a step somewhere that would make capturing such specific Pokemon easier with Non-C-Gear Standard Abuse? I would think that using a Synchronizer will make things easier, but I don't know how Synchronizers work with the PIDRNG... I read the guides on the first page, but I'm not seeing anything specific about how to use Synchronizers (for capturing) or even the Everstone (for hatching).

I watched a video on hatching RNG'ed Shiny Pokemon with the desired nature, ability, encounter slot, and shinyness... except it suggests the use of two "perfect IV" parents... which leaves me thinking, "Where can I at least get a perfect IV & Nature, female parent if I can't catch it [due to the problems mentioned in the previous paragraph]?"

Other questions I need to be resolved:
1. "Walking/turning in areas with wild Pokémon advances the frame by 2 per step" - can I run? Does "areas with wild Pokemon" refer to the entire route or cave, etc. I'm in, or only the grass patches, etc. where wild Pokemon would attack? (i.e., basically, I'm asking if moving up and down any part of a route still advances the frame this way even if I'm not actually moving around in a grassy area?)
2. Wandering NPC's will move in the same pattern if I hit the same seed with Standard Abuse... So, every time they move, they will advance the PIDRNG frame. Is this amount of advancement exactly the same amount for each and every time I hit that seed, assuming I take exactly the same time each time to Sweet Scent a wild Pokemon?

Thanks for all of your help! (And sorry for the lengthy post... But I'm sure someone out there is wondering the same thing...)
0. See the RNG difficulty scale in the 3rd post.
1. Don't run.
2. NPCs act depending on the initial seed as well as the current seed (which we call the frame). Depending on the frame and time, NPCs act differently.
3. Use Chatot calls, find a frame 1 IV spread. That's really the only way to go.

You have to prepare more for egg breeding, obviously. You can breed parents semi flawless and work your way up, obtain them flawless, or get an inheritance spread where it doesn't matter.

Now, for some details on breeding...

You can breed parents semi flawless and work your way up, obtain them flawless, or get an inheritance spread where it doesn't matter.
Thank you!
Oh, wow, I'm an idiot - totally forgot to use the "Breeding BW" option on RNG Reporter... Otherwise, I was so confused as to why I couldn't find how IVs are passed on from parents... but this is how I did it back in Gen IV, so I can manage this... seems easier than Gen IV, actually, thanks to the lack of delays for this type of RNG. Plus, I can capture a wild, non-Shiny Female with good IVs more easily than anything Shiny... But, what happens to the stats where blanks exist (when "Fe" and "Ma" aren't there)? I'm assuming that's where the IVs from the seed I've hit go?

And is there any way to know how an Everstone advance the PIDRNG frames? I mean, does it allow me to predictably skip some frames and use the ones specific to my nature?...it seems very "random" and outside my control, though... I'm not sure how that works exactly...

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Thank you!
Oh, wow, I'm an idiot - totally forgot to use the "Breeding BW" option on RNG Reporter... Otherwise, I was so confused as to why I couldn't find how IVs are passed on from parents... but this is how I did it back in Gen IV, so I can manage this... seems easier than Gen IV, actually, thanks to the lack of delays for this type of RNG. But, what happens to the stats where blanks exist (when "Fe" and "Ma" aren't there)? Is that where the IVs from the seed I've hit go?

And is there any way to know how an Everstone advance the PIDRNG frames? I mean, does it allow me to predictably skip some frames and use the ones specific to my nature?...it seems very "random" and outside my control, though... I'm not sure how that works exactly...
Blanks are the IVs from the IV frame you are on.

Code:
 A/ B/ C/ D/ E/ F    and 
Ma/__/__/Ma/__/Fe 

together become: 
Ma/ B/ C/Ma/ E/Fe
You can specify if you use an everstone (and the nature) or a ditto.

Oh, there it is...

...You can specify if you use an everstone (and the nature) or a ditto.
Oh... just found it... and to think I spent like 2 minutes looking for that option... and now I just found it... XD Thanks again...

On another note - I'm guessing there's no way to RNG on Route 4 / Desort Resort due to the sandstorm? The weather probably alters the PIDRNG, but more importantly I can't use Sweet Scent... so, it's a lost cause, then (Man, I was hoping to get a "trophy," Shiny Zen Mode Darmanitan without the hatching complication)?

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help? I'm trying to follow Bond's guide that details obtaining a shiny starter, but I can't seem to match up the OT that I'm supposed to get. I understand I'm supposed to search that ID to figure out how many times I have to say no to Juniper, but it seems that even though I'm hitting my seed the game just will not generate the IDs it should be generating, as in I search the one I receive and I don't get one.

EDIT: To be specific, I mean this guide.
http://pokemon.thundaga.com/starter_rng_mrfixit.doc

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help? I'm trying to follow Bond's guide that details obtaining a shiny starter, but I can't seem to match up the OT that I'm supposed to get. I understand I'm supposed to search that ID to figure out how many times I have to say no to Juniper, but it seems that even though I'm hitting my seed the game just will not generate the IDs it should be generating, as in I search the one I receive and I don't get one.

EDIT: To be specific, I mean this guide.
http://pokemon.thundaga.com/starter_rng_mrfixit.doc
Need help for ID/SID RNG in BW.
I can't understand what to do exactly.

- I find a IV spread
- I find my desired nature in that seed
- I open Pandora's box and input my datas (search by... and search parameters), then find ID Seeds

And then? I have a lot of ID/SID combos that guarantee the spread I chose to be shiny in that frame, but I can't understand how to get one of them.
If I reset my DS and hit my second I get totally different IDs (more than once I got the same one), and sometimes they have a higher frame than the previous and/or there are many seeds that generate the same ID.
More or less, same request =(

this

mess around with the searched timer0 in Pandora's.
I'm way too tired to try and figure out what that is right now.

Edit 1: Anyone willing to explain it to me, I'd be very grateful. I barely understand what I'm doing as it is.

Edit 2: Also, any ideas on how to fix timer0 would be nice. :3

The simplest, though long, explanation I have for you.

I'm way too tired to try and figure out what that is right now.

Edit 1: Anyone willing to explain it to me, I'd be very grateful. I barely understand what I'm doing as it is.

Edit 2: Also, any ideas on how to fix timer0 would be nice. :3
This video really helped (comes from the first page of this thread), although it's for capturing legends/wild PKMN - it still explains a bit about finding your DS parameters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4zNQH9cC3w

Q1: Timer0 is just one of those "parameters" - something specific to your DS (and the seed you hit)... It's usually constant for what you're trying to do. For example, when trying to RNG my Reshiram with Method 5, Standard Seed, Stationary Pokemon, my Timer0 is C7C. Very occasionally, it will fluctuate to C7D or C7F, but it's mostly C7C for me... So, I search for a seed with Timer0: C7C... If it fluctuates, I'll miss my seed - this is what may be happening to you. So you might want to try searching with other Timer0s if you keep missing your seed, especially if you're pretty sure you're doing everything else correctly.

Q2: I'm not sure there's a way to "fix it" - rather, you just have to try a couple of times, and see which Timer0 you're actually using when you hit a seed (note the IVs, for example, of the wrong seed you keep hitting, esp. if it keeps coming up)... There's a "min Timer0 / max Timer0" blank you can fill for the DS Parameters, which you could use to widen your range for Timer0, in case it's not what you've currently got in that blank. Doing so could help you find out what your most common timer0 really is.

EDIT: Oh crap, sorry - you actually can't check the IV of anything 'cause you're RNG-ing for your TID/SID. In that case, it's really just a matter of guessing and checking with the Timer0 until something shows up and matches with what you're getting... unless someone else has a better suggestion?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Well, you should always calibrate first so you know your parameters.

Changing the searched timer0 in the TID search section of Pandora's will allow you to search for adjacent seeds you may have hit.

Increase the window of frames searched too.

==

by the way, don't jump into abuse that's outside of your understanding. It's extremely suggested that you abuse the easier options of the game before, as listed in post #3.

I've noticed a bug about saving the spreads on Excel:

After saving the lists of spreads in Excel, there will be a time I need to copy and paste the full seed of a particular spread...
But when I paste it to the main window of RNG Reporter, it seems that the last hex character is missing, and there's a space before the first hex character.
For example, when I copy ABCDEF0123456789 from Excel, it shows up as _ABCDEF012345678 when I paste it on the main window of RNG Rep.
(And before A is only a space)
In the mean time, you can open the csv up in notepad and do a find/replace for all the spaces with nothing in the replace box

Okay, so i'm trying to RNG for a stationary Pokemon non-C-gear but first I had to find the seed/IVs. I selected a time and used the sweet scenter as soon as the Pokemon appeared, captured it and checked it's IVs. When I tryed to search for them they didn't appear. I tryed again at the exact same time and I got the exact same IVs so I figure i'm timing something right but it doesn't appear when searched for and i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

I'm using a UK copy of Pokemon White, no flashcard and a normal original DS.

What I did:
Set the time and date pressing A to start the game when the DS clock hit the time.
Didn't press anything till Game Freak came up.
Used Sweet Scent as soon as the game loaded.
Caught Pokemon and checked IVs.

Here's a screenshot if it'll help.

I'm guessing i've entered something wrong somewhere down the line but pretty much just followed the guides, unless I missed something.

^^; thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)