5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

How does the RNG Reporter 9.81 Gen V shiny egg finder work?

I put in 3 wanted IVs, click show inheritance, and select my wanted abilities and everstone nature. My max and min frames are 8, since its for breeding.

I get a ton of results but all of them are at impossible PIDRNG frames such as 1 - 15. Is this supposed to happen?

lol you set the min/max frames wrong

When you use Shiny egg finder, it assumes IV frame is 8 only. So set the min. to 70 and the max to how many times you are willing to advance your PIDRNG, I set mines from 70/250 or more

Hey I'm new to this and really want to be able to rng pokemon but, I am currently using a rom. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me rng or rng some stuff for me(I would find a way to compensate you).

Hi, i'm new to Smogon, and attempting to c-gear RNG an eevee via breeding on a dsi with an acekard 2i.

I have a timid male and female in the daycare, the female has an everstone. Basically, i'm supposed to be standing right next to the old man who has an egg when I start to rng?

I've tried to go by bearsfan092's video and the tutorial at the base of the thread, but am having trouble.

Here is what i've been doing.

1 - http://imageshack.us/m/171/3452/timefinder.jpg
2 - http://imageshack.us/m/339/9614/seedtotimes.jpg
3 - http://imageshack.us/m/864/1770/eontimerd.jpg
4 - Hit start on eontimer at the same time as I set the ds clock (-2 mins)
5 - Start pokemon white when the timer goes down?
6 - Start the c-gear in game when the second countdown hits 0?
7 - Collect egg?

There's a loading screen for #5 for the acekard 2i, am I supposed to start the timer by timing it so pokemon white loads when the timer hits 0? Or start it to get to the loading screen when the clock goes to 0?

In any case, i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, help would be much appreciated!

But when I put it into the Main Window i got different results. I see what your saying about the values but why do they turn out different spreads.

Comparing your 2 screencaps, it's pretty clear you've entered 2 different seeds. One of those starts with a 0, and the other starts with a 5. That's why it's giving you different results.

I am trying to RNG Breed a perfect Adamand Drilbur.

I found a seed with 31/31/31/X/X/X on RNG reporter which is 461F9AB71A2622BF. I am using it with a female Excadrill with crappy IVs (only 31 Special Defense) and a male Mienfoo with 31 in Special Defense and Speed. I am aiming for PIDRNG Frame 113 which gives 31/31/31/Male/Male/Male Adamant Drilbur with Sand Rush . Mother Excadrill is Adamant and has an Everstone.

So I hit my seed and Chatter once, and I get an Adamant Drilbur, female, ability 1 (Sand Force) with 31 in Attack and Special Defense according to the Battle Subway Stat Judge.
I try again, chattering twice this time, and get another adamant female sand force Drilbur, which has 31 in Defense and Speed.

I know I hit my seed both times because each time I flew to Victory Road right after getting the egg, Sweet Scented as soon as I entered the cave, and got both times the same level 37 Durant, Bold, with IVs matching exactly my Frame 14 in Standard Seed, Wild Pokemon.

BUT problem : when I input the seed in RNG Reporter in the Breeding (BW) tab( my parents are both from my game), with Adamant Everstone selected, I get no combination of 2 adamant in a row matching the criteria - and I searched like the first 500 frames.

What is wrong? Is it a RNG Reporter problem? Is catching this Durant the absolute proof that I hit my seed? Did I forget something obvious? I just don't get it, I've bred a Zorua before and got it perfect in 2 eggs...

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
@Dracolosse: it's possible that a NPC is advancing the frame between when you close the menu and when you start talking to the guy. See if you can find matching frames 2-3 or so apart instead of adjacent only.

Hi, I need some help with RNGing Black/White. I'm trying to get a shiny starter, but can't really figure out how. I've read through a lot about RNGing, but don't quite get how to get a shiny starter. I used the guide attached.

http://pokemon.thundaga.com/starter_rng_mrfixit.doc
Can someone please help?
Also, if this is the wrong place to post this, can you please tell me.
shiny starter huh.. egg or gift [from beginning of game?]

Gift from the beginning of the game.

and thank you for responding so quickly.
as long as you know your parameters.. we can start after that.

go to rng reporter, click on time finder,

method 5 [standard seed], and gift pokemon.. choose the nature you want, and pick a IV spread you're looking for. nothing TOO specific, as you'll want a good search result.

at the top left you'll see year, month, min frame/max frame

set them up. and btw.. as it's your first pokemon.. min/max frame WILL HAVE to be 1. so put that as min and max. since you don't have any other pokemon with you, and no other option to move frames like that.

go ahead and generate your results.. see what you get.

once you find a result you like, date/time/iv spread/ whatever.. copy the 'full seed' and paste it into the Seed (Hex) slot.

now on this page, you need to go to method 5 PIDRNG, gift pokemon.

check the "shiny only" box, and click the "calculate initial PIDRNG Frame"

once that's done.. go ahead and generate your results.

if all is good, you'll see the frame you need to hit.

and how do you do that? well since it's your 1st pokemon to get, starter, gift, etc.. you need to do this.

Check what the frame number is [ex: 150] and then see your 'Starting Frame' [ex: 42].

all you do is 150 - 42 = 108 = 108 times you have to save infront of the giftbox until you open it and pick your pokemon.

aka.. the shiny beast you just found.

Thank you, I got everything, but the parameters part. How exactly do you find the IV's of a wild pokemon at the very beginning of the game? Right now I am saved right in front of the gift box.

ahh, see.. i found my parameters during a playthrough [when i was learning about RNG], THEN i had to reset my game to get the gift pokemon. and do RNG from there.

so for you.. hmm.. i really don't know.

Just a quick question, I'm RNGing for a Jolly Virizion with flawless IVs. My target frame is 1, so I just have to talk to Virizion to hit my seed. I know this because I caught one and it had flawless IVs, but a Serious nature. Using minor Nature abuse, I saved once before talking to Virizion and battled it again. I did this twice, and got Lax and Jolly, with the same, imperfect IVs. Can someone explain why this is?

Well do the parameters change if I delete my game and start a new one?
nope, reason why i was able to get a shiny starter.

you're going to have to dedicate a few solid hours into the game to get it setup to where you can check your parameters.

also a sweet-scent pokemon and a way to check ivs. and pal-pad, so you can trade for a sweet-scenter.

so goodluck to you.

I have a question, what do you feel is the best stats to put in the parameter search when using a flash cart? At the moment I'm not getting anything when searching for parameters.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just a quick question, I'm RNGing for a Jolly Virizion with flawless IVs. My target frame is 1, so I just have to talk to Virizion to hit my seed. I know this because I caught one and it had flawless IVs, but a Serious nature. Using minor Nature abuse, I saved once before talking to Virizion and battled it again. I did this twice, and got Lax and Jolly, with the same, imperfect IVs. Can someone explain why this is?
You're probably hitting the wrong Timer0. Check those imperfect IVs against the adjacent seeds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)