Haxorus

Just for clarification, when people talk about using Dragon Tail in a moveset, I'm assuming it's to use on a predicted switch-in by the opponent? There was a post a couple pages back talking about outspeeding things after a DD or two and Tailing them out, I'm a bit confused, since Serebii lists Dragon Tail as having a -6 priority; is that correct? Or maybe I read that post incorrectly.
You are correct, except that if something like a skarmory comes in with the intent to use whirlwind on you, because you're faster than it, your -6 priority attack will go before their -6 priority attack, and they will get phased instead of you.

I honestly don't know how anyone could possibly resist the urge to put dragon dance on this thing, seriously. How is it supposed to function using choice band anyway? It's kind of slow and kind of frail. If you use DD, you only need one turn to set up and then suddenly you have the benefit of a choice band AND a choice scarf as well as full freedom to use any move you want.

Choice band is to break walls, where DD is to sweep.

It can do both, just pick what you want/need.

Not sure if it can break Skarmory, though. Maybe with Adamant Rivalry.. But you'll be seriously fucked if you come across someone who sets all their pokemon to the other sex.

Not sure if it can break Skarmory, though. Maybe with Adamant Rivalry.. But you'll be seriously fucked if you come across someone who sets all their pokemon to the other sex.
Maybe you remember adamant CB-Mence. Back then it could 2HKO anything with SR support, even Skarmory. Haxor isn't much different (a bit slower), I just haven't tested it with Ferrothorn, who has slightly less defence, but more health.

Considering Mold Breaker lets it EQ Skarm to hell....

Hey whats good for his fourth move on a choice scarf set?

outrage EQ and dual chop are pretty much a given... but is there are reason I should use shadow claw over outrage? outrage is just gonna hit those psychic and ghost types harder i would think... even though its not SE..

I guess basically i am asking is the only reason people run shadow claw is to NOT get locked into outrage in regards to the scarf set?

EDIT: Nvmd... Brick Break for nattorei... answered my own question....

I tried using Facade on my CB Haxorus over Dual Chop and the results are very impressive since people love to status Haxorus so much. It can do huge damage when it switches back in later on after picking up a status.

I tried using Facade on my CB Haxorus over Dual Chop and the results are very impressive since people love to status Haxorus so much. It can do huge damage when it switches back in later on after picking up a status.
I'm not seeing how this is that great.If it works for you, great.The problem is if Hax is Burned or Paralyzed, it is pretty much crippled and if it asleep it is crippled.So that only leaves Poison.Even if you get it all set up,Facade is still weaker than Outrage (admitedly without the lock-in) and is walled by the same type.Can you give me an example where it has worked well for you?I'm actually very curious.

I'm wondering about that too. I can only see Facade being used in very narrow, specific circumstances in which its usefulness still does not outweigh the cost of a moveslot.

Reminds me of gameFAQS topics for "Why can't Fraxure kill stuff with Dragon Pulse".

I assume the status is Paralysis?

Mainly for toxic spike teams and blissey which have twave and toxic which they normally try to take out hax. I agree it is a niche move though since you are going to outrage 90% of the time with cb hax. I don't really pick facade much but its utility is about the same as dclaw/dual chop

Edit: To clarify. It is mainly to take out a toxic user which is mainly Blissey and Milotic but not them potentially set up with a bulky Scizor and the likes. I'm currently trying out Assurance as well but results are mixed since things it can SE for will be obliterated for sure by Outrage.

Is hidden power fire an option at all in the sun vs skarmory? Skarm is basically the reason this guy isn't top tier.
I don't think so. Haxorus' Special Attack is terrible; it can't use Hidden Power effectively. That's what using other Pokemon is for; have something like Magnezone take out Skarm first before sending Haxorus in to sweep.

I honestly don't know how anyone could possibly resist the urge to put dragon dance on this thing, seriously. How is it supposed to function using choice band anyway? It's kind of slow and kind of frail. If you use DD, you only need one turn to set up and then suddenly you have the benefit of a choice band AND a choice scarf as well as full freedom to use any move you want.
Because they'll switch something like Heatran into this thing and Outrage with band'll 2HKO!

Mainly for toxic spike teams and blissey which have twave and toxic which they normally try to take out hax. I agree it is a niche move though since you are going to outrage 90% of the time with cb hax. I don't really pick facade much but its utility is about the same as dclaw/dual chop

Edit: To clarify. It is mainly to take out a toxic user which is mainly Blissey and Milotic but not them potentially set up with a bulky Scizor and the likes. I'm currently trying out Assurance as well but results are mixed since things it can SE for will be obliterated for sure by Outrage.
Lol, the only thing that will ever get set up when CB Haxorus is locked into Outrage is Spikes from Ferrothorn / Skarmory / Forretress. Scizor can't handle CB Outrage, it is 2HKOed.

Also, CB is definitely the way to go. Pretty much everything gets 2HKOed, and you're essentially guaranteed a kill if you come in on something like Blissey.

DD is for sweeping. CBers are rarely meant to sweep. Instead they're meant to punch holes off of bad predictions. And in my experience, CB, or maybe SD, is the way to go. This thing is powerful, but it can't sweep very well.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I find Dragon Dance sets to be more effective and worthwhile on the likes of Dragonite and Salamence. I was always happy with Swords Dance Haxorus, since it breaks down so many defensive teams, but never really satisfied with DD.

Once overhyped, it is now overlooked.

I use CB Haxorus as a lead often. It is amazing. Not many pokemon like to switch into it. The ones that do are countered by magnezone so that's a few pokemon off the bat that you can KO.

I use CB Haxorus as a lead often. It is amazing. Not many pokemon like to switch into it. The ones that do are countered by magnezone so that's a few pokemon off the bat that you can KO.
I think that's the story with Haxorus. At first, people were trying to use it to sweep, which just led to the belief that it is an inferior Dragonite / Salamence (which it is in those respects). With Ferrothorn so common at all stages of the metagame, the DD set simply couldn't outperform other dragons. The Choice Band set is excellent at punishing offense and stall. It hits like a steel truck, leaving gaping holes in stall and outright KOing basically any offensive Pokemon. CB Haxorus + DD Dragonite/Salamence is just amazing at breaking through teams.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus

Very overlooked. I've been playing around with my own CB Haxorus with a good amount of success.

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Def / 52 SDef (Speed IV: 0)
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Outrage
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

If the Speed IV wasn't a dead giveaway, you're staring at a Trick Room Haxorus. While it's not as slow as most Trick Room sweepers, (179 Speed) Haxorus does hit far harder than his brother Druddigon and the two can actually pull off a 4th Gen Rayquaza-Salamence relationship but on a Trick Room team. While Dragonite's arguably better in Trick Room, Haxorus doesn't get OHKO'd by Pokemon in that low, low speed tier that carry Ice Beam and Haxorus just smacks them out of existence.

It works off two premises. One, that Haxorus is mainly countered by faster Dragons and doesn't have enough bulk to make great use of it's pure Dragon typing. (Which Trick Room & not running Speed EVs fixes) And two, in Trick Room, there's not a lot that can favorably take a CB Outrage & do much back to Haxorus.

Metagross, Bronzong, Ferrothorn, Forretress, & Skarmory are the only thing that really "stop & outspeed" Haxorus without getting a giant chunk of their HP axed off. And Metagross & Skarmory are the only one that can really do any damage to Haxorus since Gyro Ball only has 59 Power due to Haxorus' low speed. Ferro's Iron Barbs do more to Haxorus than it's Gyro Ball.

Point is Haxorus has an axe-face.

I've been using a Male Choice Band Rivalry Haxorus and it is ridiculous. Something like 600+ attack straight off the bat, and with Outrage it can pull some surprising KOs on tons of pokemon. Admittedly it exploits the default gender function of P-O somewhat, but still.

I used it on a trollish 2mag4drag and it was always a pleasure to bring out.

Mold Breaker is more reliable - Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs won't be hurting you, and you can nail Rotom-W with Earthquake. However the Rivalry boost can be huge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)