Excadrill

^That's exactly what I do when I run Excadrill, I prefer the power of Adamant over a 50-50 speed tie with other Excadrill. In my opinion, he needs the power of Adamant

^That's exactly what I do when I run Excadrill, I prefer the power of Adamant over a 50-50 speed tie with other Excadrill. In my opinion, he needs the power of Adamant
+ And when regarding sand rush I doubt the difference between max speed Adamant in sandstorm vs. max speed jolly in sandstorm will bring any noteworthy differences bar the much better power when running Adamant, bar really fast scarf users that could then potentially outspeed, though still extremely unlikely as when we're talking speeds that high the Poke that could reach it would almost never run a scarf.

So, what could probably answer the mole with the highest efficiency? Note that it cannot take on an Ice or Bug weakness. Any option is fine, whether it be revenge or something. Could Infernape with Vacuum Wave work or...?

Pretty much anything with a fighting priority move, or aqua jet can take him down. Or you could just change the weather on him to cut his speed in half, though you will probably end up losing a pokemon this way(either your weather inducer, or something else if you double switch on the Swords Dance)

Another pretty awesome counter is Swords Dance Unburden Sceptile, after the Unburden boost, he outspeeds Excadrill, even in sand.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Honestly, just use Offensive Trick Room Bronzong as the counter for Excadrill. It's practically impossible to lose to Excadrill if OTR Bronzong isn't at like 20% or something, and it's a very real possibility to counter-sweep your opponent's team in return. A lot of teams are having more and more trouble taking 150 BP STAB Gyro Balls to the face under Trick Room, and when everything keeps trying to outspeed everything else, OTR Bronzong takes advantage of that and gets himself and his crew to take out Excadrill and friends. OTR Bronzong is also useful against a crapload of other pokemon, so it's not a niche counter by any means.

Even Balloon Excadrill can't really do much, because OTR Bronzong's Gyro Ball 2HKOs, even without SR or Spikes.

Honestly, just use Offensive Trick Room Bronzong as the counter for Excadrill. It's practically impossible to lose to Excadrill if OTR Bronzong isn't at like 20% or something, and it's a very real possibility to counter-sweep your opponent's team in return. A lot of teams are having more and more trouble taking 150 BP STAB Gyro Balls to the face under Trick Room, and when everything keeps trying to outspeed everything else, OTR Bronzong takes advantage of that and gets himself and his crew to take out Excadrill and friends. OTR Bronzong is also useful against a crapload of other pokemon, so it's not a niche counter by any means.

Even Balloon Excadrill can't really do much, because OTR Bronzong's Gyro Ball 2HKOs, even without SR or Spikes.
Does anyone know where to find a 5th Gen damage calc? If so, I'm pretty sure an Adamant (much more common now), Life Orb +2 X-Scissor still hurts A LOT. I'm guessing anywhere from 40-58% Idk, calcs would be awesome if anyone could get them.

Does anyone know where to find a 5th Gen damage calc? If so, I'm pretty sure an Adamant (much more common now), Life Orb +2 X-Scissor still hurts A LOT. I'm guessing anywhere from 40-58% Idk, calcs would be awesome if anyone could get them.
X-Scissor does 2HKO, but how common is X-Scissor on Excadrill? Either way, the scenario is likely:

Excadrill uses SD
Zong switches in
Excadrill uses X-Scissor
Zong uses TR
Zong uses EQ (or Gyro Ball if the Balloon isn't broken)
Excadrill KO's (with TR still up)

Meaning Zong did its job and Excadrill is easily revenge killed.

Quick question, would a timid Lucario using vacuum wave on dory 0HK0 him?

(obviously with 252 SpA evs)
Specs and Modest does 92% max. Timid Life Orb does 61.5% - 73.1% (assuming both at +0).

Even if you're not using Excadrill on a team without Sandstorm, should he still have Sand Rush to be prepared against other sand users?

Even if you're not using Excadrill on a team without Sandstorm, should he still have Sand Rush to be prepared against other sand users?

Might as well. Sand is the most common playstyle judging by the usage statistics. Oh, and don't use Excadrill on a non Sand team. I fought an opponent who tried that once, and it basically did nothing in that match other than force a switch or two. Hope that helps! :)

Might as well. Sand is the most common playstyle judging by the usage statistics. Oh, and don't use Excadrill on a non Sand team. I fought an opponent who tried that once, and it basically did nothing in that match other than force a switch or two. Hope that helps! :)
Funny you should say this, as I run excadrill on a weatherless team. However, my excadrill defines anti-metagame. here's the set.

(Excadrill) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 156 HP / 100 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide
This defines anti-metagame. no speed EVs, but a choice scarf, guarentee i outspeed any opposing excadrill. period. From there, it depends on the opponent's item. Air balloon? Brick break is a clean 2hk0, with guarenteed outspeed. anything else? EQ to death. This thing has enough bulk to come in and not die to earthquake, but idealy they come in at the same time. BB also nails Tyranitar, and rockslide cleans up flying pokes not named skarmory rather nicely. Female to counter any rivalry users (few and far between but I have seen them). I'm not sure there's anything more to say, but feel free to discuss below. Inb4 this is stolen lol

@Charizard92

Interesting. A Choice Scarf set could actually work. In my earlier post, I was mostly referring to people who just stick Excadrill on their team without any Sand support or speed boosts and expect it to be good anyway.

Weather teams in general are surprisingly rare on Smogon Wifi matches. I wonder why.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
If he doesn't use x scissor, claydol walls him pretty badly. Also, I'm surprised they didn't give him iron head (and stone edge, which almost EVERY ground type gets). That would have been the PERFECT STAB move for him.

My set

Excadrill @ Choice band
252 attk/4 DEF/ 252 SPEED
Ability: Sand rush
Earthquake
Rock slide
Brick break
Aerial ace

This thing simply rips through things in sand. And if given the right opportuinty can sweep late game.
Sorry for bad formatting, on my phone
If anybody has other suggestions tho I am open too them

Adamant 252 Atk. LO +2 X-Scissor Excadrill vs. 252 HP 80 Def. Bronzong = (55.41% - 65.21%)
Guaranteed 2HKO. Probably more on an OTR Zong.

Excadrill is too slow to sweep with Sand Power, and I find Landorus to run a better CB set. Excadrill's niche is, and always will be, that brilliant late-game sweep thanks to Sand Rush.

I think Baloon and Jolly is retarded to run on Excadrill. Adamant and LO is so much better. With this you can run a non SD set with both Rapid Spin and X Scissors, and it still sweeps.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
I think Baloon and Jolly is retarded to run on Excadrill. Adamant and LO is so much better. With this you can run a non SD set with both Rapid Spin and X Scissors, and it still sweeps.
Balloon Jolly is only to counter himself...50% of the time. Adamant + Life Orb is the only Excadrill I EVER find threatening. The second I see that Balloon I prepare to have Virizion or Shuca-tran to destroy it.

Then again I rarely let Sandstorm stay up for so much as 2 turns after Tyranitar gets taken out by...anything on my team.

Also, ban Weather.

Something I've enjoyed doing is using Psych Up on OTR Zong, so that I can steal Excadrill's +2 and OHKO with Gyro Ball. I mean, what else am I going to run in that last slot anyways, besides Hypnosis or maybe Stealth Rock?

Excadrill @ Choice band
252 attk/4 DEF/ 252 SPEED
Ability: Sand rush
Earthquake
Rock slide
Brick break
Aerial ace

This thing simply rips through things in sand. And if given the right opportuinty can sweep late game.
Sorry for bad formatting, on my phone
If anybody has other suggestions tho I am open too them
CB is a decent set. You're gonna want to fit in x-scissor > aerial ace so you cover zong and viriz more efficiently. Brick break is one option for the filler slot to catch ballooners, but i'd only run it with jolly. I prefer return for a general spam move tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)