5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm going for a flawless Ditto, but the only seed I have found is on frame 2. I need to walk 128 steps with one Pokemon in my party to advance the frame by 1, but I need at least two Pokemon in my party to do this effectively (A Synchronizer and my Sweet Scenter).

I'm in a bit of a pickle here. What should I do? I can easily get a
31/X/31/31/31/31 Ditto, like I got with my Timid Deino. Would that be my best bet?
Two options.
1: Get a new seed (recommened)
2: Hack a pokémon to fit your exact needs. I'd suggest including false swipe and spore in the move list.

I'm going for a flawless Ditto, but the only seed I have found is on frame 2. I need to walk 128 steps with one Pokemon in my party to advance the frame by 1, but I need at least two Pokemon in my party to do this effectively (A Synchronizer and my Sweet Scenter).

31/X/31/31/31/31 Ditto, like I got with my Timid Deino. Would that be my best bet?
Try searching with up to three held buttons, it will find a lot more results (or it should).

Two options.
1: Get a new seed (recommened)
2: Hack a pokémon to fit your exact needs. I'd suggest including false swipe and spore in the move list.
I'm going to keep searching for a seed, but in the meantime I just went ahead and captured a 31/X/31/31/31/31 Timid Ditto.

As for your second suggestion, I have no AR/Pokesav to hack anything. If I did, I wouldn't be messing with RNG.

As far as I know, Ditto are only catchable in the Giant Chasm, where Sweet Scenting isn't permitted.

Help Me Check my PID%6? >.<

I would like some verification about PID%6, just so I can proofread my work... because so far, I still can't pinpoint (with a 100% certainty) the range of my SSF for RNGing Tornadus... I'm wondering if maybe I miscalculated a Pokemon's PID%6...

The seed I've been hitting has the following stats (HP/Atk/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Speed):
31/31/31/20/30/31

If the characteristic reads, "Likes to thrash about," then that Pokemon's PID%6 = 1.
If the characteristic reads, "Capable of taking hits," then that Pokemon's PID%6 = 2.
If the characteristic reads, "Alert to sounds," then that Pokemon's PID%6 = 3.
If the characteristic reads, "Often dozes off," then that Pokemon's PID%6 = 0, 4, or 5.

This is how I use Windows' Hexidecimal calculator - I go to View > Programmer. I select "Hex" and "Qword." Then, I copy and paste the PID (from the PIDRNG list) into the window and click "Mod," then "6." ...the result is always from 0 - 5.

If anyone's curious (and may want to give me a second opinion XD), I'm having problems with the following results:

Seed: F511BEDFBD02B1B4
ID/SID: 21204 / 18558
Target PIDRNG Frame: 890

PIDRNG Advancements
:.....Nature:.....Characteristic:
0 advancements..............Quirky........Likes to thrash about
20 advancements.............Sassy........Alert to sounds
250 advancements...........Naive.........Alert to sounds
251 advancements...........Serious.......Often dozes off
252 advancements...........Adamant.....Alert to sounds

253 advancements...........Brave.........Likes to thrash about
253 advancements...........Naive.........Likes to thrash about

*The advancements in red are providing me the most problems - I can't identify their likely PIDRNG frame. Each time I attempt the same number of advancements (251 / 252), I ALWAYS get the same nature & characteristic... all IVs for these results check out, too. I did 253 advancements twice and found two differing results.

NOTE: There is no weather when I exit the house and encounter Tornadus. And I saved within the house, facing down, directly next to the exit.

As far as I know, Ditto are only catchable in the Giant Chasm, where Sweet Scenting isn't permitted.
1. Change the date of your game to a month prior to that of your target.
2. Save in the Giant chasm area. Then turn off your game.
3. Turn on your game, but change the month to that of your target.
4. Enter the game and encounter a wild Pokemon - you can run/KO it.
5. Fog will have been lifted - just don't leave the area. Save, turn off.
6. Now RNG as usual.

:) *this works with Sandstorm too!

After reading the 9 hour wurmple horror story, is it possible for a future version of RNG reporter to note if an egg'd wurmple will evolve into cascoon/silcoon?

Kaso:

You can calc it yourself.

Take the PID in RNG Reporter, convert it to Decimal.
Example: 05E780CE ----> 99057870

Take that number and find the remainder when divided by 65536 (otherwise known as mod 65536)

Example:99057870 mod 65536 = 32974

Look at the last digit of that value. If it's 0-4, it'll evolve into Silcoon. If it's 5-9 it'll evolve into Cascoon.

You can clear the fog temporarily.

Just find a new seed, it's the easiest way. You can just do higher frame #s, but you'll have more trouble finding your starting PID frame.
I ended up adding a keypress and it gave me a lot more options. I got my flawless Timid Ditto. Really getting the hang of this now.

After I try RNGing wild Pokemon in a few more places, could you help me out with RNG breeding?

Kaso:

You can calc it yourself.

Take the PID in RNG Reporter, convert it to Decimal.
Example: 05E780CE ----> 99057870

Take that number and find the remainder when divided by 65536 (otherwise known as mod 65536)

Example:99057870 mod 65536 = 32974

Look at the last digit of that value. If it's 0-4, it'll evolve into Silcoon. If it's 5-9 it'll evolve into Cascoon.
I know that. I'm just wondering if a future version of rng reporter can do the calculation for us. Just something for the developers to consider.

@above: sure

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
in regards to wurmple: nope

this program already gives you decimal output. Hardly anyone does rng on the wurmple family, so it's not needed as a feature. You can do it yourself (and it's easy to find).

I noticed that you already solved your problem, but there is an easier way also if you have the same (or almost similar) situation in future. Honey. Does exactly what Sweet Scent does but doesn't consume a slot from your party. :)

So I decided that my new project is breeding a Perfect Jolly Larvitar with Outrage and Dragon Dance.

After reading Tesseraction's BW Breeding guide, I have the following:

1. A Male Perfect Jolly Haxorus with Outrage and Dragon Dance
2. A Female Perfect Mild Pupitar
3. An Everstone, which I gave to Haxorus since it has the correct nature
4. A Flame Body Pokemon, 2 Chatots, and a Sweet Scenter
4. My Frame 8 MTIVRNG Seed: 9E4439175410037C
5. An egg waiting at the Old Man

For this project, I'm using the second method outlined in Tesseraction's guide because that's the one that makes the most sense to me at this point of my RNG adventures.

Right now, I'm trying to find the "Shifted Starting Frame" so I know how many times I should Chatter to get the right nature.

This is where I'm lost.

After hitting my seed, I mash X to bring up the menu, view a Chatot once, exit out of the screens and mash A to pick up my egg from the Old Man. After that, I mash X to bring up the menu again and fly Victory Road. There, I enter the first floor cave, use Sweet Scent, and catch the first Pokemon I get, which is a Mild Durant with a 28/30/13/06/01/11 spread.

I've gone through the exact same process about 7 times now, and every single time I catch a Pokemon at Victory Road to see if I hit my frame, it's that same Durant. I used the Generate Adjacent Seeds (Current Frame) feature to check how far I missed my MTIVRNG frame by, but I don't see the corresponding spread from the Durant anywhere.

Help, please. :(

So I decided that my new project is breeding a Perfect Jolly Larvitar with Outrage and Dragon Dance.

After reading Tesseraction's BW Breeding guide, I have the following:

1. A Male Perfect Jolly Haxorus with Outrage and Dragon Dance
2. A Female Perfect Mild Pupitar
3. An Everstone, which I gave to Haxorus since it has the correct nature
4. A Flame Body Pokemon, 2 Chatots, and a Sweet Scenter
4. My Frame 8 MTIVRNG Seed: 9E4439175410037C
5. An egg waiting at the Old Man

For this project, I'm using the second method outlined in Tesseraction's guide because that's the one that makes the most sense to me at this point of my RNG adventures.

Right now, I'm trying to find the "Shifted Starting Frame" so I know how many times I should Chatter to get the right nature.

This is where I'm lost.

After hitting my seed, I mash X to bring up the menu, view a Chatot once, exit out of the screens and mash A to pick up my egg from the Old Man. After that, I mash X to bring up the menu again and fly Victory Road. There, I enter the first floor cave, use Sweet Scent, and catch the first Pokemon I get, which is a Mild Durant with a 28/30/13/06/01/11 spread.

I've gone through the exact same process about 7 times now, and every single time I catch a Pokemon at Victory Road to see if I hit my frame, it's that same Durant. I used the Generate Adjacent Seeds (Current Frame) feature to check how far I missed my MTIVRNG frame by, but I don't see the corresponding spread from the Durant anywhere.

Help, please. :(
You don't need to fly to victory road to find your SSF. Copy the seed you found in the time finder to the RNG Reporter's main window, select the everstone nature and method, and click calculate initial PIDRNG frame. Then, hit the seed, spam X, listen to Chatot once, press B twice and on the third B spam A to collect your egg. Hatch the egg and it's nature, ability and gender should match to one of the first 10 or so results. That is your SSF. Now subtract your SSF from the frame you want to hit and and add one and that is the number of times you need to chatter.

So...if i buy another game do i need to calibrate everything again in RNG reporter or can i change just the ID and SID?It would be tremendous painful for me switching calibrations everytime i switch games...because RNG reporter saves the calibration of one game D:
Oh it is fixed the PID be either in sandstorm or other weather,if i set the IV frame to 1 and dont move while mashing the menu when i load the game?it will just advance 120 frames and fall on a very high frame all the time right?
Can larvesta egg gift be shiny?

You don't need to fly to victory road to find your SSF. Copy the seed you found in the time finder to the RNG Reporter's main window, select the everstone nature and method, and click calculate initial PIDRNG frame. Then, hit the seed, spam X, listen to Chatot once, press B twice and on the third B spam A to collect your egg. Hatch the egg and it's nature, ability and gender should match to one of the first 10 or so results. That is your SSF. Now subtract your SSF from the frame you want to hit and and add one and that is the number of times you need to chatter.
its not that easy when you have a everstone.

I really need help RNGing an Excadrill. The shaking spot on the seed i'm on always gives items, and is in a different place each time, There are no moving NPC's on the floor either, i cant figure out why i'm not getting an Excadrill, or why the shaking spots are in a different place each time.

its not that easy when you have a everstone.
Yes it its...
You have nature, ability, gender, inheritance and characteristic to help you find your starting frame.That's more than enough to find your starting frame without doing any advances/flying to victory road. Most of my breeds only take 2 tries, 1 to find my starting frame and the other to hit my target frame.

After you generate your list of PIDs, right click in the main window and choose "display parents in search..."
Enter the IVs and it will display the characteristics for each PID frame. Btw, to find your seed IVs for the seeds from the shiny egg tab, choose method 5 standard in the main window and look at frame 8.

The results of what I got from th RNG reporter are a little weird, hopefully someone can help shed some light on the matter. I C-gear abused, setting the RNG Reporter to find me a 31-28-31-31-31-31 Amoonguss (one of the stationary ones standing on the way to Pokémon League). Once it was caught I confirmed that I had hit the right delay (2082) by checking IVs.

Yet my Amoonguss was 7-15-31-28-31-31-31 and the numbers in the IV row for the 2082 delay were: 7-15-31-28-31-31-31-31-20-25-30. It looks like the IVs all shifted 2 places, what happened? Any help would be much appreciated!

Yes it its...
You have nature, ability, gender, inheritance and characteristic to help you find your starting frame.That's more than enough to find your starting frame without doing any advances/flying to victory road. Most of my breeds only take 2 tries, 1 to find my starting frame and the other to hit my target frame.

After you generate your list of PIDs, right click in the main window and choose "display parents in search..."
Enter the IVs and it will display the characteristics for each PID frame. Btw, to find your seed IVs for the seeds from the shiny egg tab, choose method 5 standard in the main window and look at frame 8.
male IV = female IV = RNG IV

I don't know how you're going to be able to find out which IV came from where, but okay. Let's say they aren't all flawless. If you didn't verify your seed and you missed and you get random IVs, you're still going to get a # of 31s. If you assume you did hit your seed when you didn't, this might give you a SSF with wrong information

Ability: Not all breeds will have 2~3 abilities

Nature: Everstone gives you 50% chance so you won't always know

Characteristic: This is probably the only thing that is somewhat helpful

Really though, I don't see what the problem is to go and catch something and verify you hit your seed. Sure you can just go hatch it if it's base egg step is in the 3000s, but when you get things that are 8k~10k base steps, that does take a while. While in theory it doesn't seem much work to run around on your bike back and forth, it's tedious and time consuming and annoying after a while, especially if this is your 4th or 5th try due to timer0 error.

I don't even use victory road anymore nor a sweet scenter. I just fly off to undella town and go north to the grass and walk around until I get something. I should never trip the 128 step counter twice so the IVs will still be on frame 14~20.

Maybe it's just because I'm detailed orientated so when I do things, I want to verify I'm doing everything right.

@the problem at hand: You're doing everything right but I think you're just missing your seed.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus

I don't know how you're going to be able to find out which IV came from where
Hit Reset Parents and look 3-6 frames above the SF

Really though, I don't see what the problem is to go and catch something and verify you hit your seed. Sure you can just go hatch it if it's base egg step is in the 3000s, but when you get things that are 8k~10k base steps, that does take a while. While in theory it doesn't seem much work to run around on your bike back and forth, it's tedious and time consuming and annoying after a while, especially if this is your 4th or 5th try due to timer0 error.

I don't even use victory road anymore nor a sweet scenter. I just fly off to undella town and go north to the grass and walk around until I get something. I should never trip the 128 step counter twice so the IVs will still be on frame 14~20.
Alternatively, to check if you hit your Timer0, you can bike to the nearest bunch of grass on Route 3 and Sweet Scent a pokemon. Catch it and match its Characteristic to the IVs on the MTIVRNG Frame 14 or 15.

I don't know how you're going to be able to find out which IV came from where, but okay. Let's say they aren't all flawless. If you didn't verify your seed and you missed and you get random IVs, you're still going to get a # of 31s. If you assume you did hit your seed when you didn't, this might give you a SSF with wrong information

Ability: Not all breeds will have 2~3 abilities

Nature: Everstone gives you 50% chance so you won't always know

Maybe it's just because I'm detailed orientated so when I do things, I want to verify I'm doing everything right.

@the problem at hand: You're doing everything right but I think you're just missing your seed.
Maybe it's because I usually do shiny breeds which generally don't give me penta/hexaflawless seeds to work with, but I've always found inheritance very helpful. Yes if the parents and seeds all have the same IVs it won't be helpful but I never have that problem. And like I said, there's still the characteristic to use.
Anyways, not sure why I mentioned victory road as that's for confirming the seed. I meant to only talk about finding the starting PID.
And Like I said, on average most of my breeds take 2 tries (14 minutes) so if you're spending hours doing advances/looking for patterns to find your starting PID, you're doing something wrong.

14min if, you start from when you're ready to pick up the egg sure. I count my total time from when I decided to start something, look for seeds, find appropriate parents if necessary, and check to see IVs matched up. That's anywhere from 30~90 minutes mostly depending on how tedious the parents are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)