5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Yay. I've RNG'd a whole team.

For me breeding times vary depending upon the wandering NPCs, I sometimes get less than accurate SSFs.

Hi guys!~
I attempted my first Standard RNG today and was looking forward to some easy RNG's. Man, was I wrong -.-'
Ok. I calculated all my DS Parameter stuff with Cobalion, and put all the info into TIme Finder. Searched and got a seed with a frame of 1 with a IV set of 31-31-31-18-31-31. Time is 08:37:54, date is 06/09/2011. Saved and turned off the game, changed the date to 6/9/2011 and the time to 08:37. Turned back on, and waited till the seconds hit 53 (since I have a differential of 1). Started the game at that point, didn't touch any buttons until Game Freak logo went away. Started the game without the C-Gear, and caught the Cobalion without moving with a Master Ball. I got a crap set of IV's T-T Does anyone see a flaw in my methods?

EDIT: I also tried it starting at both 52 and 54 seconds just in case I was getting inconsistent seconds. Still didn't get it :x

Request: Would it be possible for the next release of RNG Reporter to display the timer0 needed to hit a seed in the Shiny Egg Finder tab? One of my timer0s is significantly rarer than the other, so it is much easier for me to hit a seed with the common one but figuring out which seed correlates to which timer0, as far as I can tell, requires going into the DS parameter finder and putting in the frame 1 results from the main window; basically, it's a lot of clicking. (Unless I'm missing something, which I could be.)

Hi guys!~
I attempted my first Standard RNG today and was looking forward to some easy RNG's. Man, was I wrong -.-'
Ok. I calculated all my DS Parameter stuff with Cobalion, and put all the info into TIme Finder. Searched and got a seed with a frame of 1 with a IV set of 31-31-31-18-31-31. Time is 08:37:54, date is 06/09/2011. Saved and turned off the game, changed the date to 6/9/2011 and the time to 08:37. Turned back on, and waited till the seconds hit 53 (since I have a differential of 1). Started the game at that point, didn't touch any buttons until Game Freak logo went away. Started the game without the C-Gear, and caught the Cobalion without moving with a Master Ball. I got a crap set of IV's T-T Does anyone see a flaw in my methods?

EDIT: I also tried it starting at both 52 and 54 seconds just in case I was getting inconsistent seconds. Still didn't get it :x
Assuming you did everything right, then your timer0 is fluctuating. You can't really do anything about it. Just keep trying.

I would highly recommend only attempting to hit seeds with the common timer0, I'd set the parameters such that you don't search for the rare one at all.

I would highly recommend only attempting to hit seeds with the common timer0, I'd set the parameters such that you don't search for the rare one at all.
Well, sometimes it's a necessary evil, though. As long as you know it's going to be a pain, it's manageable. And sometimes you just don't have a choice; for example, I've searched an entire years worth of seeds at the moment for my current CP and have yet to find a suitable seed on my common timer0, despite finding three on my rare one.

Well, sometimes it's a necessary evil, though. As long as you know it's going to be a pain, it's manageable. And sometimes you just don't have a choice; for example, I've searched an entire years worth of seeds at the moment for my current CP and have yet to find a suitable seed on my common timer0, despite finding three on my rare one.
Try 2 years without getting spreads with shitty encounter slots. (1,2) I would suggest for anyone to keep searching for every year.

I'm trying to RNG non-shiny eggs (shiny Dragonite is ugly), but I'm not getting any results when I hit generate.

Here is my time finder screen:

And here is my DS Parameters screen:

Am I doing something wrong?

Speaking of encounter slots, what's the official word on swarms? I've heard both 0-1 and 1-2. Does anyone know what it is for sure? Also, how does the game determine the level of the swarmed pokemon; these guys have ginormous level ranges, with no possible way of it fitting into only two encounter slots.

male IV = female IV = RNG IV

I don't know how you're going to be able to find out which IV came from where, but okay. Let's say they aren't all flawless. If you didn't verify your seed and you missed and you get random IVs, you're still going to get a # of 31s. If you assume you did hit your seed when you didn't, this might give you a SSF with wrong information

Ability: Not all breeds will have 2~3 abilities

Nature: Everstone gives you 50% chance so you won't always know

Characteristic: This is probably the only thing that is somewhat helpful

Really though, I don't see what the problem is to go and catch something and verify you hit your seed. Sure you can just go hatch it if it's base egg step is in the 3000s, but when you get things that are 8k~10k base steps, that does take a while. While in theory it doesn't seem much work to run around on your bike back and forth, it's tedious and time consuming and annoying after a while, especially if this is your 4th or 5th try due to timer0 error.

I don't even use victory road anymore nor a sweet scenter. I just fly off to undella town and go north to the grass and walk around until I get something. I should never trip the 128 step counter twice so the IVs will still be on frame 14~20.

Maybe it's just because I'm detailed orientated so when I do things, I want to verify I'm doing everything right.

@the problem at hand: You're doing everything right but I think you're just missing your seed.
I think I was just missing my seed.

In any case, I went ahead and just hatched the egg w/o doing anything else, and what do you know...I got what I wanted. It's good to get lucky sometimes. :p

No, you're doing everything right. It's just that the constraints are really tight, so the chance of finding a seed in any given month is pretty low. I would do 1 of two things

- Keep searching for seeds but in different months/years
- Learn how to breed with specific parents. Since parents pass a total of 3 IVs down, you can manipulate it

e.g. You can have the male pass down HP, female pass down attack and def, and rng the egg to give you 31s in spatk, spdef, and speed

For breeding, you should NEVER need to use a rare timer0, as you only need 3 IVs to match on the spread, so there's not much point in adding it to shiny egg finder.

For breeding, you should NEVER need to use a rare timer0, as you only need 3 IVs to match on the spread, so there's not much point in adding it to shiny egg finder.
And yet yesterday I had to use a seed for breeding on my rare timer0 because it was the only seed I found after 9 hours of searching.

I'm just saying it'd be nice. It really can't be that hard to add; the capture tab has it, after all.

Is there a good guide anywhere on using PPRNG? I've looked on the first page too, and I can't find anything on it besides the download links.
And I mean for breeding, not Torterra's vid.

when i have 2 pokemon for rng breeding, but they each have different percentages for male/female ratio.. what do i put? the mothers ratio or the males? also.. when i click the "dream world ability only" when i have a female DW poke [w/ ability], will it only generate that ability? would i be doing it correctly?

when i have 2 pokemon for rng breeding, but they each have different percentages for male/female ratio.. what do i put? the mothers ratio or the males? also.. when i click the "dream world ability only" when i have a female DW poke [w/ ability], will it only generate that ability? would i be doing it correctly?
The mother's / resultant egg's.

Like above said, the gender ratio is what the offspring will be.

As for "Dream world ability only", it will only return PID frames where the DW is ability is passed down to the offspring.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of encounter slots, what's the official word on swarms? I've heard both 0-1 and 1-2. Does anyone know what it is for sure? Also, how does the game determine the level of the swarmed pokemon; these guys have ginormous level ranges, with no possible way of it fitting into only two encounter slots.
Nobody has reported back with observations on swarms.

Last gen it was 0,1. I mistakenly said 1,2, when I meant 0,1.

There's an "unknown" calc which most likely operates the Level calculation (which is never really used).

Someone can redirect me to a guide or i dunno,of how to hatch shiny on other people carts?I tried just changing the TID and SID to someone else on timer finder and hitting searching but failed miserably.I made absolute sure to hit the correct shiny frame.Even if i mistook by 1 or 2 PID advances there is 5 others shiny frames to compensate in both way

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Someone can redirect me to a guide or i dunno,of how to hatch shiny on other people carts?I tried just changing the TID and SID to someone else on timer finder and hitting searching but failed miserably.I made absolute sure to hit the correct shiny frame.Even if i mistook by 1 or 2 PID advances there is 5 others shiny frames to compensate in both way
You can't International Breed for another person's IDs due to how the game generates the shiny PID. You have to have the same nationality for the parents for you to know for sure what PID it gives you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)