Rarely Used (RU) Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claydol in RU is just a god.

I run a Modest 252 HP 252 Sp Atk with Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock, Earth Power, and Ice Beam and it hit some things pretty hard

What is everyone using as a special sweeper in RU?

Just wondering because I have a lot of physical sweepers but no special sweepers which is a problem. haha

Claydol in RU is just a god.

I run a Modest 252 HP 252 Sp Atk with Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock, Earth Power, and Ice Beam and it hit some things pretty hard
I think i played this and beat it with a Scarf Snover Blizzard and going with the above quote it does get slaughtered by the 3 top things in UU

I think I should have used Second Stage Eviolited pokemon enough times to know they suck ass by now.

Duosion is still fun as hell, though.

Well, the best ones are still in OU/UU, so...

(how is Porygon2 getting more usage than Chansey anyway if everyone is saying about how bulky Chansey is)

BoltBeam is better than seismic toss and Trace makes it a nice utility counter ;)
Even though I prefer P2 over Chansey, Porygon2's bulk is just above average, its not really Chansey-level of lol. Porygon2 is 2HKO'd by a lot of stuff, so it basically can't switch in unless its Heatran or some random guy with an ability that makes them immune to random type move. Porygon2's only impact IMO is pretty much making Chandelure actually consider running Flame Body, just not to get walled by a computer.

Man, I'm trying to play RU right now but there's just not enough information about the tier to know how to make a good team for it. It needs its own sub-forum and usage stats and analyses haha.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Even though I prefer P2 over Chansey, Porygon2's bulk is just above average, its not really Chansey-level of lol. Porygon2 is 2HKO'd by a lot of stuff, so it basically can't switch in unless its Heatran or some random guy with an ability that makes them immune to random type move. Porygon2's only impact IMO is pretty much making Chandelure actually consider running Flame Body, just not to get walled by a computer.
Its one of the bulkiest Pokemon in OU and can switch into a lot of attacks. Sure it doesn't gets chanseys overkill SDef, but it also has a much better physical defense and isn't a set-up bait for everything with a substitute or taunt, because it can actually damage something with great coverage moves and a very usable SpA stat.
However both aren't used that much by better players, because the lack of leftovers and the fact that residual damage got a lot more common this gen (Ferrothorn sets-up in front of both). When i used them it always felt like i had to spam recover everytime i switch in because SR and Sand damage rack up very fast :/

I've been getting a lot of success out of Regirock with Counter. With max defense, physical Sharpedos are still pretty far from an OHKO and Counter knocks them out completely back. He also has a lot of utility with Stealth Rock and Toxic. I'm using Seismic Toss as his last move since he can't really do any damage with Stone Edge. But he counters Honchkrow and basically any other physical attacker epically.

Hey not to be the noob in the corner, but what are some of the most common pokemon in RU? Everyone is saying Sharpedo is common but I haven't seen it ever.

What is everyone using as a special sweeper in RU?

Just wondering because I have a lot of physical sweepers but no special sweepers which is a problem. haha
Galvantula and Accelgor seem to work pretty well as Special Sweepers in RU. Especially since Accelgor is so freaking fast.

Oh and since people are talking about Porygon2, I wonder how Porygon1 would do in RU with Eviolite? Sure it probably wouldnt be able to do anything besides Wall but I have a feeling it could be good.

Also I have one more point to make:

Fraxure with 252atk evs/adamant/rivalry boost/choice band = 686.25 attack
Zweilous with 252atk 3vs/adamant/hustle boost/choice band = 663.75 attack and 20% less accuracy on all moves

So you could go with either, but Fraxure depends on facing same gender opponents, but Zweilous depends on hitting due to the accuracy loss. I would honestly go with Fraxure in RU over Zweilous.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey not to be the noob in the corner, but what are some of the most common pokemon in RU? Everyone is saying Sharpedo is common but I haven't seen it ever.
Sharpedo is pretty common, but I wouldn't say it is the most common of them all. From personal experience, the Pokemon I see most are guys like Yanmega, Honchkrow, Venomoth and Cersselia. There are many other common Pokemon, but those are just the first ones that come to mind for me. Also, while not a specific Pokemon, bugs in general are really common, so you have to prepare for them.

Sharpedo is pretty common, but I wouldn't say it is the most common of them all. From personal experience, the Pokemon I see most are guys like Yanmega, Honchkrow, Venomoth and Cersselia. There are many other common Pokemon, but those are just the first ones that come to mind for me. Also, while not a specific Pokemon, bugs in general are really common, so you have to prepare for them.
Bugs, mostly the 5th gen ones, are rising in usage because without so many rock types they have a chance to shine without being shut down.

I am so tempted to make a mono-bug team and Quiver Dance Pass to an Accelgor/Galvantula.

With a mono-bug team you in RU you could have every thing your team would need: Spiker, TSpiker, Spinner, Stealth Rocker, Wall, Stall, Tank, Baton Passer, Sweeper, Wall Breaker

Also make SURE you are able to kill Resting Cresselias. There aren't many things that suck more than being completely unable to kill a Cresselia that's Calm Minding and can Rest away any status you throw on it.

So basically, dark and bug types are very necessary and common.

By the way, here's a question: are there any decent toxic spikers in the tier other than Drapion and Scolipede? I've had no success with Scolipede and Drapion is kinda meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)