Game of Thrones

I just watched season 1 in a day and it's now one of my favorite TV shows. The pacing is good, it doesn't drag on, and the writers did an awesome job of creating the setting/world. It's honestly perfection in ten 60-minute episodes.

Trailer for those who are curious

HBO has pretty much been ON POINT with all of their shows

edit: forgot to add - sorry if there's already a topic on this. I search for one and for a general tv show thread with no luck so if it already exists just lock this

some reputable local sources have been telling me that this is the best show since the wire. those are big words.

I promised myself not to watch anymore HBO series, and here I am, hooked completely to this one.

I don't have HBO but I ordered the first book from the library.

I'm like 25th in line, gonna take a while.
I haven't read the books yet but I definitely want to.

Also, if you want to watch it online, just google it and the first option works flawlessly :x

I have yet to see the show, but from what I've heard it is the second coming. Hopefully, when I do get the chance to watch it, it does not fail to live up to my expectations.

I loved the books (one of the best series I've ever read), and thought that the TV series would ruin it for me. So I didn't really have high hopes.

But, I was wrong, it is an entertaining series. Wouldn't say the best ever, but certaintly one of the better ones.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
considering the waves this is making, i'd really like to get into it

like, i really want to like it, but i'm just so turned off by the cheese of the fantasy setting. can it sell itself to me in spite of this? i have to say that what i've seen barely comes close to scratching the surface of the wire quality (which i hold to be the second best tv series of all time, probably, right after the sopranos)

what's the deal??????

Cooky

Banned deucer.
This series is awesome. topless / fight / politics = GOT

such a shock, but my favourite moment so far. tribal power struggles make way

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Boromir needs a new agent. Two roles where he dies before the first installment ends? Not a good way to make easy money.

EDIT: I guess this is a spoiler when every newspaper I saw ran a story about it when it happened...

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This series is awesome. topless / fight / politics = GOT

such a shock, but my favourite moment so far. tribal power struggles make way
Honestly, one of the things about this series is that this kind of element does not really come into play much. Linking that gives a wrong impression of the series as a whole...

Boromir needs a new agent. Two roles where he dies before the first installment ends? Not a good way to make easy money.

Anyway, I really enjoyed Game of Thrones. The characters are brilliant. There's nothing in black and white, just a million different shades of grey. The series is set in the kingdom of Westeros, in what seems to be a medieval period. There are various people looking to grow in stature, others looking to protect what's theirs, others looking to do what's right, and a lot of other people with a lot of different motives. It's pretty damn great. I mean, it's not AS good as The Wire, but then, that's The Wire, nothing compares to it for me.

Anyway, if you haven't seen HBO shows and the like before, the first couple of eps will basically introduce you to a lot of characters, and stuff will slowly be set in motion. The pace builds up, gradually, and around midway, once you're familiar with all the major players, and their motives, it really comes into its own. So if you're planning to watch this series, I'd advise treating the first 2-3 eps like a movie and watching them together. Though really, the pilot's events are probably good enough to keep you going, heh.

Cooky

Banned deucer.
Honestly, one of the things about this series is that this kind of element does not really come into play much. Linking that gives a wrong impression of the series as a whole...
I was just giving my favourite part, not trying to sum up the series in one photo.

But yeah, I agree, the whole "fantasy" stereotype doesn't come in to play much, rather there is a focus on the surreal, such as the wall and its unknown mysteries hinting at the fantastic

I just read the first book and ordered the box set but it's not coming until tomorrow because UPS is fucking lazy

Anyways, I loved the first book, even if it was a little lengthy. I think watching the first season really helped me visualize the characters better than prose could have. I don't know why but Osha in particular was pretty awesome in the show even if she only had like 3 scenes

Have any of you guys finished A Dance With Dragons yet?

i finally finished reading Feast after on and off reading and honestly, it was a big step down from Storm. i mean, details are always good but literally the only interesting chapters were like the last 8. please tell me ADWD is much much much better than feast was

It is. Plus, it goes past FfC and into stuff past it, which is nice. Of course, maybe I'm just glad it came out after forever.

Dany doesn't conquer Westeros with her three dragons and thousands of super-soldiers. She stays in her stupid city where everyone hates her. And it is boring.

All I can say about ADWD is

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JON

Otherwise, I found it to be an enjoyable and engrossing book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)