Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
What pokemon would be a good defensive core with Jellicent and Ferrothorn? Maybe Gliscor? Also, what is the normal basis when building a team?

Physical, Special, Special Wall, Defensive Wall, Speedy pokemon etc?

I've had had Pokémon White since launch day but have yet to boot it up.
So:

- Has the RNG been hacked yet?
- If so, is it significantly different from last gen?
- If not, are they working on it? If so, for how long?

Also, any cool new stuff?

I've been re-reading the first few pages of the September threads, and I've been wondering: where did people get the rediculous fake names, like "Blungel" in place of Burungeru, "Nuttre" in place of Nattorei, or "Ulgamoth" in place of Urugamosu? Was it simply due to terrible translation skills?

I've been re-reading the first few pages of the September threads, and I've been wondering: where did people get the rediculous fake names, like "Blungel" in place of Burungeru, "Nuttre" in place of Nattorei, or "Ulgamoth" in place of Urugamosu? Was it simply due to terrible translation skills?
Those are perfectly valid alternate transliterations. "Nuttre" is a bit of a stretch, though, mostly because the 're' would be better as a 'rey'.

Basically, think of it like this: When the Japanese import an English word, they change it to better fit their alphabet. For example, "pants" becomes "pantsu". These transliterations do the opposite in that they take the Japanese name and change them to a more pronounceable/standard English alternative. A depantsuing, if you will.

I've had had Pokémon White since launch day but have yet to boot it up.
So:

- Has the RNG been hacked yet?
- If so, is it significantly different from last gen?
- If not, are they working on it? If so, for how long?

Also, any cool new stuff?
-Cracked, not hacked. But yes
-Basics are the same but it's easier this time around

Those are perfectly valid alternate transliterations. "Nuttre" is a bit of a stretch, though, mostly because the 're' would be better as a 'rey'.

Basically, think of it like this: When the Japanese import an English word, they change it to better fit their alphabet. For example, "pants" becomes "pantsu". These transliterations do the opposite in that they take the Japanese name and change them to a more pronounceable/standard English alternative. A depantsuing, if you will.
I know (very) basic Japanese for the most part, but thanks for explaining the specific reason why people use those names. I know that "r" usually becomes "l", and "u's" are taken off of some consonants when translated to English from Japanese, although since a person types the name rather than saying it out loud, it doesn't make sense to use the mangled names on the Internet..

I had a 21-win streak in the Double Train (including a win over Emmett, of course). I then switched to the Super Double Train, and lost on my 14th battle. I went back to the Double Train, and found that my win streak was reset. Is this because I lost in the Super Double Train (if they're somehow connected), is your win streak reset when you beat Emmett, or what?

I had a 21-win streak in the Double Train (including a win over Emmett, of course). I then switched to the Super Double Train, and lost on my 14th battle. I went back to the Double Train, and found that my win streak was reset. Is this because I lost in the Super Double Train (if they're somehow connected), is your win streak reset when you beat Emmett, or what?
The normal Single & Double trains go with a 3 streak/21 battle cap, resetting after defeating that line's boss.

What pokemon would be a good defensive core with Jellicent and Ferrothorn? Maybe Gliscor? Also, what is the normal basis when building a team?

Physical, Special, Special Wall, Defensive Wall, Speedy pokemon etc?
I think it's usually

some sort of lead/setter
A backup one, that supports it

a core of 3

a final guy that counters your main weaknesses of the other 5

Is there any reason why the Magnezone + Dragon combo is rather uncommon? Is there a Pokemon that rips right through it or something? I just don't see why it isn't used more, which is detering me from using it.

Also, can someone recommend a AR brand that they think is the best?

Thanks in advance.

It isn't uncommon, it's called 4drag 2mag (4 Dragon types, 2 Magnet Pullers)

And when you say AR, do you mean Action Replay? If so, Action Replay
4drag2mag seems too synergystically imbalanced for me to use (although PK Gaming and Jabba could pull it off), and is still relatively uncommon. I was refering to a less extreme version, with simply 1 dragon, and a magnezone. I just don't fully understand why its usage is so low. The concept doesn't seem flawed, and it seems like an easy set up for a dragon sweep. I have succesfully used it, but I don't see why others don't.. Is there a reason? Or is it just overlooked?

And I lol'd about the AR thing, I didn't know action replay was a brand.. :P I thought it was just a general type of device (Like how Mp3 is the type, Ipod is the particular brand), hah thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)