Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Pokemon game is hardest to Nuzlocke? Because I've done a few Nuzlockes, but they haven't really been too challenging. I just joined Smogon, and thought it might be a good idea to post some Nuzlocke stuff.

@Lolcat, you said Leaving Pokemon Tower to go to pokemon tower, WTF?!!!!
@Troy, nice to meet you and i agree with Little Battle, Gen 5 is probary harder then Platnium, but Platnium is hard(i should know, i learnt it the hard way)
On nuzlocke news, the next chapter is 1/4 finished

Rediamond is back! Cool, cool. And since today is Thursday, it means another Lolcat update!
Yeah, it's only been, what, six months?
less story and more damn action!
Should I take a hint?
Got this done on Thursday! There will not be an update next Thursday, but this one is pretty long so you should be happy! I like cats!
Yay, cat's are awesome. Anyways, I get back from a six month hiatus, and discover that DetroitLolcat can make an update without ROM failure and random hospital visits. In fact, it actually has a coherent plotline...

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED WHILE I WAS GONE??!!

Anyways, I'm done with the next update and will post it tomorrow. Which means I need to start on the next one...

And they made a game harder to Nuzlocke than platinum? I'm strangely tempted to Nuzlocke Black when I actually get around to playing it...

But anyways, I've got a question I wanted to ask. I'm doing the Nuzlocke story I started early for other websites as an actual fanfic. Which means infrequent updates, very little on the actual run, and taking forever to finish! So, I'm probably going to attempt some other project here in the meantime that will be a bit more... conventional. Please don't ask for Black/White, as I haven't played them yet so I can't think of a good story. Otherwise, I'm still up in the air. I might try to actually use the Orre ruleset I made for a Colloseum Nuzlocke. I might actually write/finish the prequel/sequel to the older story (Hoenn and Johto respectively). I might stop cowering in terror and try another SinnohLocke. I'm still deciding between them, but I'm open to input.

Woo, I'm going to give this a try. I"ll probably write a story, hopefully it will turn out well XD

It'll be a Platinum Nuzlocke.

• Faint = Put in dead box and never use again

• Only catch the first pokemon in each route. If I already have 4 of the same species, I may catch another pokemon from the same route.
  • No Legends
  • Allowed to catch pokemon from Routes before I have pokeballs
  • I can only use items I have found. I may bay and use Pokeballs from Pokemarts.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ugh, I lost Echizen (Tentacruel) in my Yellow Nuzlocke... RIP jellyfish. And this was after I just grinded for a good hour or two from a wee Tentacool :/

I was being careless and got carried away. Despite being a couple of levels underleveled (lv. 32), Tentacruel was coasting through Fuschia Gym, dispatching Drowzee, Hypno, Arbok, and Sandslash. He rose 3-4 extra levels just from solo-ing the trainers.

Then I faced Koga, who is ridiculously overleveled! I was timid at first when I saw his lv. 44 Venonat, but after Tentacruel outrunning and taking out his lv. 44, 46, and 48 Venonat with ease, I ended up driving on auto-pilot. He brings out his lv. 50 VENOMOTH, and I treated it as another Venonat. Its Psychic finished off Tentacruel, who had approx. 55% health. GAHHHH. Jango (Hypno) revenge-killed Venomoth effortlessly. And this was Tentacruel's debut after the long and mindless grinding ;_;

It's such a shame to lose Echizen so early, since it was the first time I used a Tentacruel in my runs EVER. Probably be my last chance, too, since Tentacruel doesn't bring its godly 120 Special when it transitioned to newer gens.

I would recommend Tentacruel for people Nuzlocking the oldest gen. You can fish one with a Super Rod at Pallet Town, Viridian City, or from either routes that leads to Fuschia City just enough time to fight Koga and undermine Giovanni's final mission. Wrap combined with 120 Special and 100 Speed means it's a powerhouse. Like other Water Types, since it doesn't learn Hydro Pump until lv. 50, I would teach it Surf for a smooth training.

Anyways, I went back to Safari Zone to get that Nugget, and capture my final Pokemon in the deepest Area. I freaken captured a Tauros (aka Dalton)! It's a shame that I lost Echizen so needlessly, but Tauros is a viable replacement!

What are the rules that you guys use for Safari Zones, btw? Capturing the 1st unduplicated mon is pretty tough, having really no control over the situation. Admittedly, I used a more lenient rule where I can attempt to capture multiple times until I capture 1 Pokemon in each area (4). I can imagine it being tougher though (the original rule, or I can only enter Safari Zone once to capture Pokemon, for instance)

Well, the next update is out. I'll edit in a link to my last update soon (it's on the page before this).

Chapter One: Assignment

I pushed my way through the crowds of people, really just wanting to be out of there. I can normally handle crowds if I’m just a member of the group with nothing to single me out. But that doesn’t mean I like it. There was really only one person here I wanted to talk to anyways, and they would understand if I left now and talked later. Besides, I had to go half-way across town and back in about an hour. You can’t do that if you sit around wasting time.

Just as I was almost out of the crowd, I heard someone yelling behind me. “Hey, Eli wait up!” I turned around to see Gary pushing his way through the swarm of people behind me, and he paused to catch his breath for a moment before he spoke again. “So, aren’t you heading over to the lab with us?”

I sighed, and kept walking as he tried to match my pace. “Look, I already said I was going. I just have to stop by the dojo and take care of something before hand,” I replied.

He shrugged and kept on walking in silence for a minute or so. “Why couldn’t you do it after the meeting at the lab?”

I smiled a little, “Well, I have two reasons.” Gary nodded to signify I could go on, “The first is that the Professor will probably take a while to get out of the school and back to his lab. Wasting time sitting around isn’t exactly my idea of a good time. The second is that while wasting my time, sitting around watching you get on Bianca’s nerves can be entertaining, I don’t particularly want to deal with it today.”

“More like you don’t want to deal with testifying at the murder trial,” Gary responded.

I smiled. Leave it to Gary to joke about felonies. “That too,” I laughed. We walked on in silence, not talking for the mile-long trip. Talking slows me down, and I really didn’t want to be late to the meeting. Normally being late does nothing to improve the mood of a meeting. In Gary’s case, he was just trying to keep up. It’s not that he’s out of shape –he’s not- it’s just that I walk “fast enough to attract all the female Rapidash in Kanto,” as Gary put it. I just see no point in wasting time if I don’t have to. Today I’d already spent a few hours waiting for the tests to get done. I didn’t want to add anything more.
When we got to the dojo, Gary paused to catch his breath while I went ahead towards the doors. The building itself had a concrete exterior with as little to mark it as possible. All there was to signify the purpose of the building was a simple, wooden sign over the door that read “Pallet Blade Dojo: School of Fencing.” We honestly didn’t want every little kid in town coming over to try to stab something with a sword, so we didn’t make any efforts to advertise. If you cared enough about it, you would probably know someone who would tell you about the place.

Unfortunately, the door was locked. I hadn’t exactly realized that anyone with a key would’ve been at the graduation tests and would probably be walking slower than I was. As that sat in, I glanced down at my watch. It was already 5:15, and I didn’t have any time at all to wait around in front of the building while the Professor and my mom waited, so I would come back later tonight after my battle with Gary. Unfortunately, the trip had just been a waste of time. I jogged back over to Gary, who was leaning against the concrete walls of the building. “Come on, we’re going to the lab.”

Gary stood up, and began running to catch up. “Done already?” he asked. I just shook my head and kept walking. I really didn’t want to talk about it.

The walk back to the lab took a bit longer than the walk to the dojo, even though the distance was slightly shorter. The gradual release of people from the school was almost over by that time, and cars and pedestrians were everywhere. By the time we got to the lab, it was already 6:00. Despite the fact we were probably late, I couldn’t help but slow down and stare up at the building. Whenever I saw it, which is pretty much daily, I can’t help but feel impressed by it. The Professor’s lab was easily the largest structure in Pallet, and that’s just the main building. The compound behind it stretched out for miles and occupied pretty much the entire north-east corner of the town. If the size alone wasn’t impressive, it was simply the fact that every part of the building’s outside was meant to look impressive. The entire front side of the building was incredibly shiny stainless steel that reflected anyone who walked by it perfectly. In the very center was a large doorway with the words “Oak Laboratory” imprinted above it in large, black lettering. The entire display gave the effect that something important happened inside the building.

However, my attention soon found itself elsewhere. Bianca was outside the doors with a generally murderous look in her brown eyes. She was tapping her foot on the ground, arms crossed across her coat and a scowl on her face. I had a pretty good idea of what she was mad about as well. Gary and I exchanged nervous glances, and then walked towards her. It’s not like we could get in the building any other way. She glared at us as we approached, but didn’t speak until we were within a few feet.

“Where have you been?” she hissed out, even though it was pretty obvious there wasn’t an answer she would tolerate.

“We were running an errand at the dojo, but got delayed by the crowds on the way back,” I replied.

“You do realize that I’ve been waiting here for half an hour, right?” she went on, disregarding my answer.

At that point, I just walked past her and went inside. Given free reign, we probably would’ve been out there for another hour. Besides, it wasn’t like anyone had died from the incident. And I really didn’t want to go through the rather tiresome process of getting yelled at. Within a few seconds, Gary had followed me through the glass doors, and Bianca reluctantly followed soon after, but made it clear she didn’t want to. At the entrance to the lab, the receptionist nodded at us as we came through, probably aware of where we were going and used to seeing us here anyways. The inside of the lab wasn’t quite as impressive as the inside, and the dominant move was actually chaos. Aides ran through the hallways to and from the various departments, each of them rushing something critical to somewhere else. It wasn’t easy keeping the lab operating, and these people knew that fact all too well.

The professor’s office wasn’t particularly far from the entrance to the building, and it took us less than a minute to get there. We paused at the doorway, unsure of what the proper way to ask permission to enter the professor’s office was. Being late, we really didn’t want to start this off on a bad note. “We,” referring to Bianca and I. Gary just went up and opened the door, leaving us to follow him in.

The professor’s office was a smaller room, just large enough to hold a medium-sized bookshelf, the Professor’s desk, and a few chairs on the other side of it. The truly remarkable part was the view behind it. The office was on the rear edge of the building, and a large window was built in place of a wall at the back of the office. On the other side of the glass was the meadow area, where one of the largest herds of plain’s animals in Kanto lived. The only other place in the region where one could see Rhyhorn and Girafarig living just like they used to in the wild was the Safari Zone on the other side of the country.

The Professor glanced up from the report on his desk, and waved his hand to tell us to sit down, which we did. The Professor very rarely called us to his office for a meeting, and when he did it was generally important. He sat staring at his report for another minute or so, and then typed something into his computer before he finally turned back to us, and folded his hands in front of him to signify his attention was on us.

“First off, I want to congratulate you on your success today, but you probably know that is not why I called you here,” he stated. “I called you here for two things. The first you were probably expecting, the second you probably were not.” He paused for a moment as he cleared his throats. “The first item is that I would like to give you these.” He put three Pokéballs on the desk in front of him, making sure to place them in front of the right aide. “These contain the Pokémon you have been taking care of for the past few years that have now become your starters.”

We each tried to thank him, but he held up his hand to signal that he wasn’t done yet. “As you are receiving these tonight, you will not be receiving them with the rest of the graduating students tomorrow. In order to avoid the uproar from the group that you received your starter a day early, I have an assignment for you for the next day or two to get you out of Pallet and help get your Pokémon training careers started.”

He shut his eyes and paused for a moment before continuing. “I am expecting a very, very important package to arrive from the Plateau tomorrow in Viridian. While some of my senior aides have volunteered to retrieve it, I have left the job open to you. Along the way you may catch more Pokémon to add to your team, and bond further with your starters, this time as their trainer. Are there any questions this far?” We all shook our heads no. I did have quite a few questions, but I didn’t expect to get a brief answer to any of them, and I’d probably figure it out later. “Good, I expect you all to be here at six o’clock tomorrow morning with supplies for the day in order to make it Viridian before nightfall. I have already notified your guardians about this, and all legal issues have been cleared up. I look forwards to seeing you tomorrow, and I’m sorry about the short notice, but the League isn’t particularly good with informing leaders when supplies will arrive.”

With that, we all stood, thanked the Professor, and left the room as he went back to his computer. Once we were all outside, Gary shut the door and we stood there in the hallway. I was still holding the Pokéball in my hand; still in disbelief I was holding it. Gary was tossing his up in the air, staring down the hallway, his mind elsewhere. Bianca had already put hers on her belt and was looking at the two of us. “So, we’re the lucky ones who get to run off and fetch something for the Professor, right?” she asked, her voice half-way between serious and sarcastic. I couldn’t honestly tell what she meant by that, whether she was expressing displeasure or gratitude, so I just nodded my head. Gary caught his Pokéball and stared over at her.

“I have no idea if that was sarcasm or not, but if it was the universe is in serious trouble,” he stated. Bianca glanced at him with an incredulous look that would have shut me up instantly, but Gary continued, “What? I mean it says in the Book of Endings that when the unpleasant one mocks the world, the heavens will open and the trumpets will-“

“Alright, I think we get the picture,” Bianca was making an expression that surprised me more than anything else that day. She was almost smiling. Her lip was slightly upturned and wasn’t necessarily a sign of happiness, but it was an actual emotion. “Good night. I’ll see you guys up here in a few hours.” With that, she walked down the hallway towards the door. She certainly wasn’t skipping, but there was some sort of renewed energy in her step.

As Gary and I stared down the hall, Gary voiced our thoughts perfectly. “Now, I’m scared.”

It took me a few minutes to get home, but I think I can safely skip over that. I wasn’t particularly worried about my mom freaking out over my absence. I now that makes her sound like a horrible person, but it’s not like neither of us had ever stayed later than intended at the lab. Although to be fair, it was normally her. Right before I opened the door, I remembered someone. I reached down to my belt, and unclipped the Pokéball that held Marine, my new Squirtle. I hit the button in the middle, causing the red and white orb to swell a little. I tossed the ball in the air, catching it as it came down. At about the top of the balls ascent, it burst open, with a beam of red light coming from the opening between the halves. As it neared the ground, the light began to take the shape of a Squirtle, and when the light faded the Pokémon was left in its place. I must admit, Squirtle isn’t exactly a common Pokémon outside of the seas between Pallet Town –itself a sleepy supply center for Viridian- and the mostly abandoned Cinnabar Island. In other words, it wasn’t common anywhere.

Anyways, the blue, upright turtle only came up to my knees, and the curly tail and happy expression on his face just screamed cuteness. I normally don’t care about that kind of stuff, but I smiled. The fact that I was now his trainer and he was my Pokémon was only starting to sink in. I’d only been used to handling the personality-filled reptile as a friend, although I was fairly sure he viewed himself as the boss in the relationship. I had no idea what to do now that I technically owned him? Was I supposed to be his boss or something? Marine settled the issue for now by thumping his tail against the door to signal that he wanted in, and my mom opened it less than a minute later.

At age 35, my mom was fairly young to have a fifteen-year-old child, but this wasn’t ever discussed. In fact, I’m still not sure of many of the details concerning my birth at all, aside from the accident. That aside, she always wore the same outfit almost every day; a white shirt that doubled as a lab coat and a pair of dark jeans. There wasn’t much need to be formal at the lab. Other than that, the only thing really worth mentioning would be the eyes. They were silver, and almost seemed to shine abnormally bright in the moonlight. She brushed her black hair over her shoulder shortly after opening the door, and let Marine and I in. Marine immediately rushed forwards, wanting to greet some of my mom’s Pokémon he’d gotten to know from his occasional trips home with me. I’m not entirely sure if he realized it yet, but this was his home now, too.

As Squirtle began to eagerly talk with Lucario, who seemed much less in the conversation than the water-type, my mom and I sat down at the table. There was some food set out that we ate, but forgive me if I can’t exactly remember what after however long it’s been. Regardless, I remember the conversation fairly well.

“Good job on the exam,” my mom began.

“Thanks, but it wasn’t too-“

“No, that was an extremely hard challenge. The professor himself selected possibly the most difficult exam in the system to give to you, and he wanted more than anyone to see you pass. Believe me, I’m serious about the praise,” she interrupted. I just sat back trying to think over that. The professor himself had given me what he considered to be the hardest challenge? I couldn’t think of why he would give it to me, and not someone he had more confidence in. Perhaps he’d wanted me to fail, or maybe he was doing it for other reasons. I decided I would have to ask him later.

“Yeah, I didn’t really see the Hypnosis and Dream Eater coming,” I confessed. “Not to mention the crowds.”

My mother nodded, understanding exactly what I was referring to. “Well, it’s been a while since I was a novice trainer, but I don’t think I was thrilled the first time I battled in front of an audience. I still get a little nervous whenever I speak to a crowd. I think I can safely say that no one enjoys the crowds. In fact, some of the greatest men and women in the world will do everything they can to avoid public appearances. Trust me; stage fright is nothing to be ashamed of.”

Her pep talk reassured me a bit, but at the same time it made things worse. There was a problem with words. They took on the power of what they described, and that was often. There had to be some sort of value behind the letters to make it worth something.

“Yeah, you’re probably right,” I said. I tried to make it sound convincing, but I’m not entirely sure she fell for it. She was abnormally keen at seeing through things, and I wasn’t the best liar to be honest. Whether she noticed it or not, the concern left her face and she went back to eating. By this time, Marine had already woken up Gloom, and the two were arguing about something. I hoped Marine learned his lesson last time and wouldn’t push it too far with the grass type. It wasn’t fun taking a poisoned Squirtle to the Pokémon Center.

I wanted to talk to my mom about so many things, but unfortunately time was running out. Gary had wanted to meet me at eight, and it was already seven-thirty. It took me about thirty minutes to get where he would be waiting, so I had to leave soon. When I finally got the food cleared off of my plate, I stood up and thanked my mom for dinner. When she asked where I was going, I told her Gary and I wanted to meet up. She hesitated before approving as if there was something more she wanted to say, but eventually let me walk out the door, Squirtle in tow.

It was still chilly in the evenings. May isn’t exactly summer yet in the Pallet area, and temperatures did tend to drop as the sun went down. I didn’t notice very much, but Marine certainly did. Squirtle were native to warmer waters, and their bodies took on the temperature of the air or water around them. Marine ran on ahead of me, occasionally trying to run on two legs, but frequently tripping and falling back down to two. I was walking slower than normal, which was still fast, thinking about things. Mostly I thought about the upcoming battle. Gary’s Bulbasaur had a natural type advantage, not to mention a more skilled trainer. However, Squirtle was a naturally faster Pokémon and better at taking hits. But that wouldn’t save me if I didn’t have a strategy. The problem was, I couldn’t exactly be sure it would work. This wasn’t a simulation where the opponent would always operate by a certain method. This was much more real and unpredictable.

However, as the walk went on, my thoughts began to drift to the next day. Over the next few days I would be given the chance to encounter and catch some of the first Pokémon on my journey. What would they be? I mentally made a note of every common Pokémon in the Viridian City and Route One areas, and began to weigh the strengths and weaknesses of all of them. I was almost done by the time we reached the hill.

“The hill” was an elevated area outside of the Professor’s lab. From the top, most of the valley that Pallet Town was in could be seen stretching out. It wasn’t exactly a big city, with a population barely reaching into the thousands, but it was fairly important. The Professor’s lab was arguably the most important in the Republic, only rivaled by the Safari Zone in Fuchsia and Silph Co. in Saffron. Most of the town was connected in one way or another to the massive complex that stretched out just in front of the hill. It was an amazing view of my life; it was unlikely there would be many, if any, major events in the life of anyone born in Pallet that would occur outside of the city. Of course, tonight wasn’t exactly a time to reminisce. I glanced up at the top of the hill, and saw the silhouette of Gary waiting for me.

“Nice night for a battle isn’t it?” he called down. I nodded, although he probably couldn’t see it in the dark, and ran up to meet him. He had a black jacket on over his normal white shirt, and was tossing his Pokéball up in the air repeatedly. I knew him well enough to know that meant he was nervous, excited, or both. Probably both in this case. “Well, let’s get this started. You lose if you withdraw your Pokémon or it faints. We shouldn’t need a ref.”

I was a bit more worried. Pokémon battling was a dangerous sport to begin with, and doing it without a ref just increased the risks, I wanted to point that out, but didn’t see a point in doing it. “Yeah, let’s-“

“Are you two really going to battle without anyone watching?” a familiar voice interrupted. We turned down the hill to see someone walking up, faintly illuminated by a fire beside them.

“Well, men don’t exactly need all of the sissy rules you do, but if you insist you can watch,” Gary called out, and Bianca frowned as she reached the top of the hill. Whatever had gotten into her earlier had clearly passed.

“I, personally, wouldn’t want to start my journey by killing my Pokémon, but I guess that’s your choice,” she replied.

“Gary, just let her ref,” I pleaded. I agreed with Bianca on this one. Battling new Pokémon without anyone reffing it was just an accident waiting to happen.

Gary shrugged, and Bianca walked over to the halfway point between Gary and I. “Alright, this will be a one on one battle between Gary’s Bulbasaur and Eli’s Squirtle. A Pokémon is considered unable to battle if it doesn’t move for ten seconds or faints. Additionally, if a Pokémon is withdrawn it is considered unable to battle. Are there any questions? If not, you may begin,” Bianca stated.

“Alright, Ivy let’s go for a Vine whip!” Gary commanded. Bulbasaur raised one of her vines and slammed it into the ground directly in front of Marine, who was barely out of range. As Marine jumped back, I began to think. The chances of Bulbasaur having an attack with much range were low, and that could definitely be used to my advantage.

“Jump back and use Bubble,” I shouted. Marine immediately jumped back even further and shot out a steady stream of bubbles from his mouth, which was beginning to foam up with air and water. As the bubbles were released, they began to drift towards the grass-type on the other side of the field, but they weren’t racing there by any means.

Gary glanced across the battlefield, “Destroy the bubbles with Vine Whip.” Bulbasaur lashed out again, this time striking through the bubbles floating over the field and causing most of them to pop. The ones that did reach the dinosaur did pathetically little. Ranged attacks weren’t going to do much either. “Sorry, Eli but you’re going to have to do better than that. Avoiding my attacks is just wasting my valuable time.”

I realized he was probably right. I wasn’t going to end this from a distance, so Squirtle was going to have to go into direct fire. “Rapid Spin forwards,” I ordered. Marine looked up at me strangely, not entirely trusting my authority yet. I’m not sure I would either if someone ordered me to rush into a super effective attack. I nodded to signify I was serious, and Marine withdrew into his shell and spun forwards just as I began to wonder if this was really a good idea.

Gary looked up curiously, trying to figure out what I was trying to do. “I have no idea what you’re trying to do here, but it was a mistake. Ivy, grab him with Vine Whip to show him how it’s done,” he called. Bulbasaur extended her vines out towards Squirtle, but they were unable to hold the spinning water type, and were partially shredded in the process. Bulbasaur immediately withdrew her vines and held them up to survey the damage. I almost gagged. There were large tears and scrapes on them from trying to hold the spinning Pokémon; some leaking a strange green substance that I suspected was blood. While it probably wouldn’t be fatal, it definitely was painful and would probably require serious medical attention quickly.

Bianca stood there staring at the carnage, her face momentarily drained of color. She was biting her lip, and seemed completely shocked by the events. Gary almost immediately unclipped his Pokéball from his belt and withdrew the Bulbasaur. Ironically, he was the one who had almost succeeded at keeping his composure. “Alright, Eli I guess you took this one. I’ll see you both tomorrow,” he blurted out before running towards the lab as fast as he could go. I looked back up at Bianca, who still seemed rattled by the incident.

“Are you going to be alright?” I asked.

She was still staring at the drops of greenish liquid on the ground. “I-I’m fine. J-just leave me alone, OK?” she stammered out. For some reason, the injury had rattled her even worse than Gary, but I didn’t want to push the issue.

“Alright, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then,” I said uneasily. I turned around and started for home, motioning for Marine to follow.

In other news, once I get back from two weeks of staffing a camp and get my life back, I'll be continuing on with an earlier run's story from the old thread. It will be a HG locke, see the rules for these challenges.

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, the next update is out. I'll edit in a link to my last update soon (it's on the page before this).

Novel

In other news, once I get back from two weeks of staffing a camp and get my life back, I'll be continuing on with an earlier run's story from the old thread. It will be a HG locke, see the rules for these challenges.
Good read, Rediamond! I enjoyed the description of the battle! You also brought out the Squirtle's cuteness. I just realized from reading this chapter that gen I starters are all reptiles to some degree.

There were two grammatical mistakes I found. You wrote 'now' instead of 'know,' and you also wrote squirtle walking in 'two legs' rather than 'four'.

@Lolcat, you said Leaving Pokemon Tower to go to pokemon tower, WTF?!!!!
@Troy, nice to meet you and i agree with Little Battle, Gen 5 is probary harder then Platnium, but Platnium is hard(i should know, i learnt it the hard way)
On nuzlocke news, the next chapter is 1/4 finished
Alright cool! Yeah, I've already Nuzlocked Platinum. I'm going on a road trip tomorrow, so I might as well start a BW Nuzlocke. If I feel like it, I'll post updates.

I joined the community to say I will do a Platinum Nuzlockem since my Crystal ended in failure. If anyone must know...I hate Hoppips. Specially Green Hoppips. Poison/Synthesis and I lost...to a ****in Hoppip.
Anyway, I will post Rules and whatnot in a bit. But first...Persona.
EDIT:On second thought, will put off and choose a new game.

Several days ago I started a Soul Silver Nuzlocke.
I will be presenting this in a step by step way.

Rules:
Send to box called Cemetery when fainted.
Catch first in route.
Nickname all.
I count the trees of one route being different from the route itself, for headbutt purposes.

Chronicles of Piemonade (aka, Nuzlocking in 15 steps.):

Part 1:
New Bark Town-Azalea Town.
1. Started off from New Bark Town
2. Got my Cyndaquil, name him Mehrunes D.
3. Raised him a couple levels,
4. Got to Mr. Pokemon's place, got the Pokedex,
5. Went back to Cherrygrove City, had a battle against my rival, Gold,
6. Got to the lab, got my Pokeballs,
7. Caught a Hoothoot, named it Sanguine,
8. Went to Violet City after training Sanguine for a while,
9. Got an Ekans, named it Teinaava, trained up Teinaava so much,
10. Defeated Elder Sprout guy, trained some more,
11. Went to the Gym, defeated Falkner,
12. Got the egg,
13. Mehrunes D evolves,
14. Teinaava dies in Union Cave,
15. I go to Azalea town, stored Teinaava into Cemetery.

Pokemon:
Mehrunes D, Quilava, M, Lvl. 18.
Sanguine, Hoothoot, M, Lvl. 9.

Dead Pokemon:
R.I.P, Teinaava, Ekans, M, Lvl 13.

My hero returns :O

In my own Nuzlocke news, I (finally) picked up my Black Nuzlocke again after months of ignoring it. Losing my Blitzle (around Castelia City somehwhere) made me rage. A lot. Add in the fact that the Electric gym (which, hilariously, Jarado just beat above) scared me and yeah.

But I went in and used Haggis (Herdier) along with Dundee (Krokorok) and laughed as the stupid Emolga duo was completely neutered. So I moved along. Arcobatics Archer (Archen) along with Meteor (Pignite) were pretty much champions. The big problem, however, was that EVERY time I caught something new it got killed through ridiculous hax the moment I started grinding. Thus I lost Darumaka, Cottoneee, Joltik, and Deerling.

Losing Sekhemkhet (Yamask) was a big shock, since he was quickly becoming an MVP through Eviolite abuse. And he was a mere 4 levels from evolution and getting awesome x_x

Now, meanwhile I'd managed to make quite a bit of progress through the game. I considered using the Ducklett I caught, but he ended up being a Fly slave the moment I caught Grunty (Palpitoad) in Icirrus City. Next up was Karen (Litwick) at Celestial Tower, and I FINALLY seemed to be turning things around, even though I'm not much a fan of either of those two.

So as I headed off to the Ice Gym my team was suddenly looking pretty decent. Meteor (Emboar) destroyed Brycen's gym. And in Dragonspiral Tower I got Wodowmaker (Mienfoo) and pretty much shit a brick. Needless to say, I got busy grinding him up as I tore through Plasma goons.

So my team was in ok shape, despite having some serious weaknesses.
Haggis (Stoutland)
Grunty (Seismitoad)
Archer (Archeops)
Widowmaker (Mienfoo)
Karen (Lampent)
Dundee (Krokorok)
Meteor (Emboar)

Yeah, that's 7 guys. I'd been using Widowmaker instead of Dundee since they were both equally frail but Widowmaker hit harder with Acrobatics/Jump Kick. On to the 8th gym!

After some semi-close calls with Fraxures in the early parts of the gym I realized that the best way to deal with them was to have Meteor do Flame Charge and follow up with Brick Break, which usually avoided all damage. Then Drayden went down pretty uneventfully, as usual.

And then came armageddon.

Haggis died shortly after I got onto Route 10. Since he'd been with me since the very beginning and had been pretty crucial for my defenses, I was pretty hurt. Grunty was also gone, falling in the Cheren battle because of my team's utter inability to deal with water attacks. Much less Aqua Jet crits -.-

On the bright side, Karen was now up to Chandelure status, and Dundee was a Krookodile, even though he was under-leveled. The rest of Route 10 was uneventuful. As was almost the entirety of Victory Road.

Almost.

The Gigalith caught me off guard. At that point, I had nothing that could take its hits particularly well, and Sturdy prevented me from getting the OHKO with anything. And so, stupidly, Archer took the Stone Edge and was lost. And that was pretty much the end of my hopes of being able to win, since I was relying on him to fight get a hit on Hydreigon.

But I moved on, and didn't bother grinding, since I'd kinda checked out. I charged into the E4 like a man.

The Team:
Widowmaker (Mienshao) <- 50ish
Meteor (Emboar) <- 52?
Karen (Chandelure) <- 48ish
Dundee (Krookodile) <- Only level 40
Metabee (Durant) <- 38 and freshly caught
Olga (Boldore) <- A shockingly big help against Drayden, and Sturdy abuser

I led with the fight against the Dark guy (hell if I know their names). Widowmaker wrecked him with Drain Punch/Jump Kick and got a couple of levels out of it. In hindsight, I should've given her the Lucky Egg, since I wasn't using Acrobatics.

Widowmaker continued being a boss against the Fighting Guy, owning with Acrobatics/Drain Punch and one U-Turn to flee Conkeldurr (switched into Karen to absorb Hammer Arm, then into Meteor to eat the Stone Edge and KO with Flamethrower).

Psychic went similarly well. I'd been underestimating Karen's usefulness, and Shadow Ball began to wreck Psychic girl's team, with a brief stallfest against Musharna.

And then it was Ghost time. Oops. I don't really remember the details of this fight, sadly, since I was too busy raging. But I knew Karen couldn't go up against Jellicent, so I risked an Acrobatics from Widowmaker. Nope. Krookodile, Emboar, and Karen all fell in this bout too.

And thus I was left with an awesome team of Durant, Boldore, Ducklett, and three other things I'd never raised before. But I sucked it up, walked through the cutscenes, and proceeded to get destroyed by Reshiram. Interestingly, the Ultra Ball I threw (I refuse to use Master Balls on things that don't flee) wiggled 3 times before Reshiram escaped, despite it only having about 25-33% damage dealt to it.

What, you were expecting a happy ending? -.-

(I proceeded afterwards to get all of the dead guys, who I could've saved had I played Mienshao smarter, and crush Reshiram and N. Hydreigon was predictably tough, but Mienshao managed to survive Dragon Pulse and nail it with U-Turn, then come back later and KO with Drain Punch. The rest of his team was easy.)

So that makes me 1-2 on Nuzlockes. FireRed was an awesome victory with a great team, Emerald ended at the end of Victory Road, and a series of colossal misplays cost me White.

Next up, I think it's time to find a 4th Gen game I can use. Can't very well restart my Diamond or Platinum, but I might be able to erase one of my Soul Silvers. Or buy another copy of Platinum, but I'd rather not... ><

If I were to redo the Black Nuzlocke, however, I think I'd go for Samurott for the superior defensive typing. Archeops was a total beast, though. I had no idea he was that good in-game. And I got utterly trolled with natures with the exception of Timid Chandelure, who was very, very welcome.

Hey guys, I'm planning on restarting my Black to do a Nuzlocke play-through. If it goes well, I'll start posting my progress here and maybe do a live commentary on YouTube.

Rules:
Nickname all Pokemon
No Grinding
Send to 'dead' box when fainted
Catch first in route
Buy ten X Attack before using a Pokemon center (costs 3500, I believe)
Free heal after each gym
Cannot use random healers
Cannot use PC to heal
Can breed, but not grind, one Pokemon
Upon losing, one Pokemon from the team is sent to the 'dead' box

The last rule makes it easier, but I'd rather keep going than start from scratch :)

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
HG Nuzlocke dun
No deaths and Jazz the Lanturn destroyed (I was able to pull off Toxic Spikes + Stockpile pretty well on some E4 members). Choice Scarfed (from Mom) Dragonair is also fucking cool against Lance.

I'd post updates on it but it was just so fucking boring (maybe because I have done it so often) but its o.k im moving on to Platinum. This one will actually kinda have a small plot (kinda like White had a small plot too). Hopefully im a lucky bugger.

Sapphire challenge ended when the Rival's Swellow outsped and Double Teamed to +6. The one hit I achieved on it sent it into the red. From there, Endeavor > Quick Attack spam until everything was dead. I tried to stall with potions, but it wasn't enough. Oh, it also managed to crit my Shuppet with Wing Attack.

Been working on a HG Nuzocke. Not going to write a story but I'll probably put my progress here.

Rules:
1. Catch the first pokemon in each route. Caves and buildings count as separate even if it's in a route I caught a pokemon at.
2. When a pokemon faints, permanantly put it in the box called "The Dead".
3. Nickname every caught pokemon.
4. Allowed to enter the bug catching contest as much as I want for the purpose of the prizes. All pokemon caught from the contest may not be use except for the first one.

Currently: Training to prepare to face Whitney

Party so far:
Level 15 Milani the Nidoran(Female)
Level 17 Slash the Sandshrew
Level 18 Venta the Pidgeotto
Level 17 Butters the Butterfree
Level 19 Ignis the Quilava

The Dead:
Level 15 Elesa the Flaffy

Boxed Mons:
Level 3 Bruno the Geodude
Level 6 Aero the Spearow
Level 6 Bitsy the Zubat
Level 5 Bloom the Oddish
Level 1 Omlet the Togepi
Level 11 Ratty the Rattata
Level 13 Scissors the Scyther

Sapphire challenge ended when the Rival's Swellow outsped and Double Teamed to +6. The one hit I achieved on it sent it into the red. From there, Endeavor > Quick Attack spam until everything was dead. I tried to stall with potions, but it wasn't enough. Oh, it also managed to crit my Shuppet with Wing Attack.
SHENANIGANS. And that's why Double Team deserves to die.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
couldn't stay away

After having crushed Lance I travelled to the Sinnoh region. This was my last region I had to defeat in order to stop the spread of this virus and I knew that failing was not an option. Again, as before I had to leave my trusty Johto partners behind in this new region while I had the choice of a starter to use on my journey. Since Bacon and Inferno had worked so well I again decided to use a fire type. The fire starter was a little monkey like pokemon called Chimchar which I promptly named Vulcan. I quickly figured out the next gym had Rock type pokemon and so knew my pokemon needed to be strong for it. I took some time to work on Vulcans agility and attack power before I came across my first pokemon, a small beaver like creature called Bidoof. To all intents and purposes it looked rather weak but it had rather large teeth so I named it Gnaw. Moving on I quickly added a Starly (Swift) to my team. By the time I had reached Oreburgh Mine I had caught a sizeable amount of pokemon such as Marx the Psyduck, NightWing the Zubat, Dash the Ponyta and Ron the Geodude. Not a bad crew all round but I was very worried about this gym. Both Swift and Vulcan had evolved but that still only left me with a grand total of 2 pokemon that could defeat this gym, one of which was well under-levelled and would be a total deadweight against Roark. With a feeling of dread I entered the gym and prayed to god that Vulcan could pull this off.

Well Roark might have been a strong trainer, idk but the trainers in his Gym were shit, owned by a fucking Fire pokemon. Anyway it turned out this gym battle was 1v1. The Gym floor was mostly hard ground with large boulders scattered around. Seeing as I had fuck all else on hand, I sent out Vulcan to square off against his Cranidos.

Right from the word go things happened pretty fast, Cranidos was damn fast as it charged forward with a powerful Headbutt. Vulcan was fast though and quickly dodged the attack before Cranidos appeared out of nowhere, blocking off Vulcans escape and striking with a powerful Pursuit. Annoyed at myself, I quickly ordered an Ember which Vulcan fired across the gym field while backing away to give himself room and to dissuade Cranidos from charging. Roark seemed amused by my defensive action, knowing I was in a little bit of a bind. Cranidos would hit like a truck and Vulcan was quite frail. On the other hand, every time I evaded his attack Roark would pursuit me to hell and back meaning I had no choice but to take hits from it.

I thought for a bit before realising that a head on assault was the only option. Thinking quickly, I ordered Vulcan to use its strongest attack, Flame Wheel. Vulcan leapt forward, rolling into a ball which then promptly erupted into flame as it travelled along the ground. Cranidos charged forward to meet it ready to smash something with its powerful Headbutt attack. The two pokemon neared each other, right before they reached striking distance Vulcan swiftly changed direction, cutting away to the side it used a nearby boulder as a ramp, flying over Cranidos’s head.

Caught by surprise and its own momentum Cranidos kept going presenting its back as an open target. Vulcan took full advantage nailing it with an Ember sending it skidding back. Cranidos was stunned, it quickly began to charge back towards Vulcan but Vulcan was too good as it simply jumped over it again nailing an Ember at the back of Cranidos. Seeing a chance to strike a decisive blow Vulcan slipped into Flame Wheel again while Cranidos struggled to stop its forward momentum in order to turn around. I managed to turn, just as Vulcan blasted an Ember at the group behind it for extra speed and propulsion. The boosted Flame Wheel slammed into Cranidos which knocked it off its feet again. I gave a smirk, Vulcan was running rings around Cranidos, one more hit might be able to do it.

Again Vulcan swept forward with the Flame Wheel, again it jumped over Cranidos but this time Roark was ready for it. Cranidos might not have been able to slow down, but it simply raised its head just enough to catch Vulcan trying to leap over it. Instead of spinning over Cranidos Vulcan went backwards, while Cranidos charged forward, aiming to hit it with a second Headbut just as Vulcan would land on the ground. “Vulcan!” I shrieked before my brain kicked into gear. I ordered an Ember which Vulcan quickly aimed at the ground in front of it speeding up its backwards flight giving it more room before Cranidos crushed it with that powerful skull. Vulcan landed lightly on the ground before rolling forwards, transforming into a flaming wheel again speeding towards Cranidos again. Roark watched the two pokemon moved closer and closer till they were almost upon each other, when suddenly, Vulcan lost focus, sliding out of its Flame Wheel form, rolling along the ground. Roark felt the thrill of victory, as Cranidos began to administer the final blow…

…Vulcan struck first. It had timed its roll perfectly to duck under the powerful Headbutt but before it was trampled by the rampaging Cranidos it has administered a lightning fast Mach Punch, the super fast uppercut right into Cranidos’s upper chest crunching through its stony skin as, overcome with momentum, Cranidos quite literally, ran itself into the punch before the sheer stunning power of the blow threw it back, into a heap on the ground. Despite Roark having the type advantage, the Coal Badge was mine.

o.k yes I know that I know Roark has three pokemon but I ignored the Geodude and Onix because its fucking boring for you guys to read "Vulcan spammed Mach Punch, everything died!" so I cut it to a simple 1v1 where I could make the battle more...interesting as well as being more fun for me to type!

Hope you guys liked it

Will edit with team levels and descriptions later as its 3AM and im tired.

Pocket

It was an enjoyable read, giganinja!

I just killed Mewtwo in Yellow, completing my first Nuzlocke run. I had 1 legendary, which I restricted its use and training to compensate for its power, but my challenge was a lenient one, with lots of standard mons. Here's my team:

Jango (lv. 58) - Psychic, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Seismic Toss
~ A really awesome mon to fall back on. Nice bulk, offense, and enough speed to outrun most things. At first I had Mystogan (Kadabra), but I got bored of him and decided to try Jango. I gave him Dream Eater and never looked back. Hypnosis is awesome to capture Articuno. I am really happy how this guy turned out.

ULU (lv. 58) - Ice Beam, Blizzard, Toxic, Sky Attack
~ Out of the trio legendary, I selected ULU as my main-stay mon. Capturing her was surprisingly easy (caught her on my 3rd Ultra Ball). The EQ immunity came really handy when grinding my mons in Victory Road.

Totoro (lv. 58) - Body Slam, Rest, Amnesia, Ice Beam
~ Probably the second-most reliable mon after Jango. Pokemon that can heal itself comes really handy, and his Body Slam hurts.

Spike (lv. 58) - Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Wave, Double-Kick
~ I don't think Spike saw much action in E4, but Spike had his action throughout the journey. His Double-Kick is weak, but his Electric moves are fantastic. He didn't crit as much as I expected - I think Dalton and LOVE crit more. He was an essential part of capturing Articuno, lowering her accuracy with Sand-Attack while she was put to sleep by Jango.

Dalton (lv. 58) - Body Slam, Hyper Beam, Blizzard, Earthquake
~ So I got really lucky and caught Dalton in Area 3 of Safari Zone after not being able to catch anything there. A freaken Tauros needs to get into my team. He pretty much cleaned half of the E4. Hyper Beam is awesome.

LOVE (lv. 59)- Surf, Psy Wave, Recover, Psychic
My randomly-generated, personal fave mon. Surprsingly, he was no Pikachu, and carried his own weight. Psy Wave is mediocre with its 80% accuracy, but did its job half the time. I'm used to playing RBY with a fully-evolved Starmie, so it was interesting to run LOVE all the way to the finish.

Squishy (lv. 25) - Confusion, Sleep Powder, Supersonic, Tackle
~ He helped me get pass Brock, and the early Sleep Powder really came in handy before I had Jango and Venus (Weepinbell). I am mostly thankful for her letting me train my mons in Diglett Cave, thanks to her immunity to Dugtrio's nasty Dig. That place is an EXP gold mine.

Toph (lv. 40) - Dig, Sand Attack, Take-Down, Slash
~ Her Dig was great when grinding in Diglett Cave or the Pokemon Tower to quickly transfer to a Pokemon Center to heal. She was such a speed monster and her Dig wrecked things at first. Unfortunately, the trainers caught up and her Dig and Slash weren't killing stuff anymore with her mediocre Attack. She was great, but was replaced by ULU.

Jabba (lv. 37) - Double Kick, Thrash, Bubble Beam, Mega Kick
~ Jabba has a special place in this run, because he was the longest-standing member of this team, caught at Route 22. However, like Toph, the game caught up to him, and he lost his momentum. I ended up replacing him with Echizen (Tentacruel), who was then replaced by Dalton.

Echizen (lv. 36) - Surf, Supersonic, Barrier, Wrap
~ I regret losing her, because I've never used a Tentacruel before. And she was really promising, with her beefy Special, high Speed, and good movepool. She bite the dust during her debut at Fuschia Gym, finished by Koga's lv. 50 Venomoth's Psychic, ugh. I got carried away, sorry, jellyfish.

Decided to give this a try because I want to get better at writing (plus it sounds fun)

I will be doing it in White with the three base rules + no hyper grinding (only 5 levels more than the next Gym).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)