VGC '11 World Championships - San Diego, US - August 14th - WON BY BlueCookies & kamz

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are flying out on the 6th. She has never flown before so its gonna be either cool or a frigging nightmare. She is looking forward to playing against people such as yourself at 1-up to get her ready for worlds.

andrea

/me cresselias
Chad (now complete with username Magnus) and I will both be attending Worlds so put us down for Masters LCQ!

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
GEC, chuck me on the op ;).
Looks like masters LCQ is gonna be busy. Does anyone know how close this venue is to SeaWorld? That's pretty important right about now...

Is anyone from mid/northern California driving down the morning of the event? I will be in the San Francisco area that day and could probably get a ride from relatives to somebody's house (or a meeting spot/etc.) within a couple hours from there, but I do not have a ride to the actual event. I would be willing to help pay for gas if that is an issue. PM me if you can help.

I day 9 at night and be in San Diego with Albert

Fiesta ¡¡ Fiesta ¡¡¡ Fiesta ¡¡ Marcha ¡¡ Marcha ¡¡ Marcha¡¡ sex ¡¡ sex ¡¡ sex¡¡

I remember Google Mapsing it back in 2009.... as I remember, it was about a 40 minute walk from the airport to the hotel. Idk if you have a lot of luggage to carry, but if you REALLY want to save money, just walk.
Well I don't know exactly which hotel I'll be staying in yet, plus I wouldn't really be looking forward to walking 40 minutes alone at midnight in a relatively unknown city ._.

No stop, I'm a miser and want to save as much money as possible =[
Well I don't know exactly which hotel I'll be staying in yet, plus I wouldn't really be looking forward to walking 40 minutes alone at midnight in a relatively unknown city ._.

Well if you want to save money why are you coming? ;)

San Diego a well lit city and it's easy to get places by walking. I'm not sure how much farther the airport is from the hotel than the train station I took two years ago, but I walked to the hotel last year and had no problems. It's basically a straight shot.

Anyone can recommend an affordable place within walking distance of the bay Hilton where the tournament is? Unless the Hilton itself offers a special rate for patrons of its event (which it could, for all I know) I need to find someplace a little less pricey.

Oh wow it's so exciting! :O

I'll already be in San Diego in 3 weeks. And looking at the list of the LCQ people is so scary, since only up to 8 of those people can make it. But I'm pretty sure I can do well, since I'm kind of well ace at Pokémon. :3

I think I'll set myself a bar of winning a DS, so if I don't top 8 then I've failed, that sounds about right. Unless I somehow get repeatedly haxed really badly (as in, like Huy's double water spout crit last year) then I'm pretty sure I can do that. Hax is really not as prevalent as people make it out to be, and most of the time can be avoided or prevailed through by simply being better than the opponent. Easier said than done, you could say, but just have a really good team with some tricks up its sleeve and you should do as well as you can do. There are a lot of people who are good this year though, so pretty much anything can happen.

Apparently liesek told us we're not getting custom ds's this year at Worlds...

Scholarships please? Harvard's gotta start somewhere!

Oh wow it's so exciting! :O

I'll already be in San Diego in 3 weeks. And looking at the list of the LCQ people is so scary, since only up to 8 of those people can make it. But I'm pretty sure I can do well, since I'm kind of well ace at Pokémon. :3

I think I'll set myself a bar of winning a DS, so if I don't top 8 then I've failed, that sounds about right.
coming from a guy who lost in LCQ to a choice team...

kamz

VGC 2011 Seniors Champion
on the pokemon website for pizes it says "An invitation to compete at the 2012 Pokémon Video Game World Championships" does that mean there will be no trave award?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)