Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I've actually gone up against Alakzam and I outsped him and was able to use U-turn to get away from him. But yeah I'm thinking about trashing drain punch. What move should replace it?
Was it being used by one of your friends, was it in an Ultra ball, and did it have an item? Or was it just in-game lulz

Mienshao

It was on Wi-Fi I didn't think I could outspeed him but I did. The item my Mienshao was holding was a flying Gem to boost Acrobatics. As for Alakzam I wouldn't know.

Modest 252/252 Alakazam speed ties with +Speed Natured 252/252 Mienshao. Most Zams are Timid anyway, but still, you got pretty lucky and won a coin toss against a Modest Zam, and/or you played a bad opponent that sucks at EV'ing imo.

Was it being used by one of your friends, was it in an Ultra ball, and did it have an item? Or was it just in-game lulz
I'm guessing neither one of those. Mienshao cannot outspeed an Alakazam, provided Alakazam AND Mienshao are EV-trained in Speed and have a beneficial nature. Unless the Mienshao was holding a Choice Scarf (smart), or the Azkaban was holding an Iron Ball.

EDIT: Note-to-self: Never watch a Harry Potter YouTube video while on Smogon.

Name: Bulky Trickster

Rotom-w @ choice scarf
Nature: Bold
Ev's: 252Hp, 200Def, 56Spe

Moves:
-Thunderbolt
-Hydro-pump
-Wil-o-wisp
-Trick

I resorted to this set after rng'ing a competitive rotom in 5th gen and realizing pain split was a 4th gen only move, though I have found this set to be quite effective, especially if item clause is in effect or leftovers are scarce.

What separates this set from the traditional choice scarfer are its ev's and game play. The purpose of this set is not to act as a revenge killer but to trick the choice scarf as soon as possible, catching out possible switch ins such as Ferrothorn. From then on it acts as a defensive rotom, hopefully using the leftovers it has gained for recovery.

The speed ev's give it a final speed of 333 with the scarf or 222 without it. The speed with the scarf enables you to out speed anything up to and including jolly Landorus which may come in handy if you have yet to trick the scarf, or if you have chosen to save it for mid game. You have the option of increasing the speed to 236 in out run base 110 pokes by lowing the defense slightly. You can also play mind games with the opponent and wil o wisp first, bluffing an outright defense set and crippling their counter the second time your in.

With team preview, this set gives you the option of whether to keep the scarf and have rotom act as a fast annoying/finisher or trick early for a more traditional defensive rotom and ultimately allows you to custom fit your game play or strategy to best fit the type of opponent your facing.

Here's a completely off-the-wall idea I got from thinking of the many different types than ground has perfect coverage with while in Gravity (fyi, Fire, Flying, and Dragon work the best - the former two cover both of Ground's remaining resistances, while the latter has no resists besides Steel - Ground plus one of those three will always have perfect coverage in Gravity, barring the introduction of a ground-resisting Pokemon with a resistance-granting ability). Though this particular set has little to do with Ground-type moves, they're certainly something to think about when inserting it into a team:

Heatran @ Leftovers / Binding Band
Flash Fire | Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Torment
- Magma Storm
- Protect

This is an interesting set that could potentially catch a lot of people off-guard and defeat some of Tran's common counters (but not all of them - team preview is your friend here). With Toxic Spikes on the field and right after using Gravity (yes, I know, it's considered a gimmick, but with all the air balloons and flyers and levitators running around in OU, it's worth a shot at least), switch out to Tran. Sub on your opponent's switch-in, then Torment as they break it.

On what ends up being the last turn of Gravity, use your 100% accurate Magma Storm to trap your opponent - Toxic + Magma Storm does 1/4 of your opponent's max hp (5/16ths with Binding Band) at the end of this turn, and that amount rises to 1/2 (9/16ths) max if they manage to survive until the fifth turn of being trapped. After the Magma Storm, Sub again if you outspeed your opponent, or Protect if you don't and think they'll attack.

If you expect a switch-in to a Poke that still ignores TSpikes even with Gravity in effect (except enemy Tran, of course), just Magma Storm on the switch and abuse your free turn. If your opponent's Tran check is an Arcanine or Chandelure, and they let it get Toxic'd anyway, just stall out Gravity for Toxic damage and switch out. Enemy Tran walls this set, of course, but you can at least get out of it unscathed and with your opponent Tormented.

The downside I can see is the fact that you almost have to build a team around this Tran to get it to work, but I hope that's offset by the fact that it basically guarantees KOs against plenty of Tran's checks if you play it right. At the worst it nets you free turns of setup, and those are always nice, mirite?

EDIT: probably the best teammate for this set is Forretress - very physically bulky, lures fire-type attacks while taking ground for neutral damage, and can use both gravity and tspikes.

What about pokes like Gliscor which can take the poison, Taunt you and start spamming EQs? That would be sucky under Gravity.

Like I said, team preview is your friend. As soon as your opponent's one or two checks to this are removed, this will net you free KOs all over the place. Anyway, Gliscor isn't really a check:

0 SpAtk Heatran Magma Storm vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Gliscor: 57.91% - 68.64%
0 SpAtk Heatran Magma Storm vs 40 HP/0 SpDef Gliscor: 68.11% - 80.73%

If the damage is in the first range, you're facing a defensive Gliscor, whom you can just outspeed and Magma Storm again for the kill. If the damage is in the second range, you're facing a faster, offensive opponent who will easily outspeed and OHKO you with EQ. Protect to stall out a turn of Gravity, then switch out to something that'll shrug off the quake and set up.

Like I said, if you expect a poke that ignores TSpikes, just Magma Storm on the switch and take advantage. If you're running a team with Gravity, at least one or two of your pokemon should be naturally resistant to EQ, not immune.

Tornadus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SAtk / 12 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Grass knot
- Air Slash/U-turn/Hurricane

I.....LOVE......THIS....SET. Its set up so many sweeps for me that it's not even funny..so basically how this works is. you tailwind or taunt, then u-turn out, go to whatever,metagross works awesome.then well sweep. keep in mind this is for endgame, walls have to be softened. to do so i use my awesome breloom or salamence or some other wallbreaker.priority taunt is also cool.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal(Dream World Ability)
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
_ Facade
_ Sword Dance
_ EarhQuake
_ Hidden Power/ U-Turn/ Substitute

Toxic Orb and Poison Heal are great combination so Roost won't be really used for this. When Gliscor is Poisoned use Facade which is 2x the damage and it is also getting healed with poison heal. With Sword Dance you can easily kill strong defenced pokemon like Steelix and Metagross, with Earthquake it can easily kill them off aswell especially also boosting Facade power aswell so you are a killing Machine, If you can pull this off it can be a really good early sweeper.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal(Dream World Ability)
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
_ Facade
_ Sword Dance
_ EarhQuake
_ Hidden Power/ U-Turn/ Substitute

Toxic Orb and Poison Heal are great combination so Roost won't be really used for this. When Gliscor is Poisoned use Facade which is 2x the damage and it is also getting healed with poison heal. With Sword Dance you can easily kill strong defenced pokemon like Steelix and Metagross, with Earthquake it can easily kill them off aswell especially also boosting Facade power aswell so you are a killing Machine, If you can pull this off it can be a really good early sweeper.
Pretty much one of the standard sets.

1. Can't learn Roost anyways, even if it did "want to use it"
2. lolSteelix and Metagross never invests in Defence
3. Hidden Power..?

Pretty much one of the standard sets.

1. Can't learn Roost anyways, even if it did "want to use it"
2. lolSteelix and Metagross never invests in Defence
3. Hidden Power..?
It can learn Roost by TM.... and Steelix and Metagross do have bulked up defence I play the game?? If you can make that better Go ahead i can wait.

It can learn Roost by TM.... and Steelix and Metagross do have bulked up defence I play the game?? If you can make that better Go ahead i can wait.
Roost is a TM but only in 4th gen.Meaning the combination of Poison Heal + Roost is illegal. It also loses Stealth Rock if it uses Poison Heal.

As for the set, use Sub. U-Turn would be second choice but I have never really liked UTurn with a stat boosting move.Gliscor should stick to physical moves so I definently wouldn't use Hidden Power.

Roost is a TM but only in 4th gen.Meaning the combination of Poison Heal + Roost is illegal. It also loses Stealth Rock if it uses Poison Heal.

As for the set, use Sub. U-Turn would be second choice but I have never really liked UTurn with a stat boosting move.Gliscor should stick to physical moves so I definently wouldn't use Hidden Power.
Ok thanks for that I will try and update it a bit more.

"Death of 1000 Cuts"
Shuckle w/ Binding Band/Leftovers
Sturdy
Careful Nature
EVs: 252 HP, (split the other 258 between Def and Sp. Def)
-Wrap
-Sand Tomb
-Toxic/Rest
-Power Split

Power Split kills the opponent's damage output, making Shuckle even harder to kill than it already is.
Since trapping moves like Wrap stack with each other, you can have Sand Tomb and Wrap on the opponent at the same time, so they'll lose 1/8 of their max HP each turn instead of just 1/16. If Shuckle's holding a Binding Band, they each do 1/8 on their own, meaning the two together do a total of 1/4 each turn.
Rest bumps up Shuckles survivability a bit, while Toxic gives you another way to wear down the opponent. If you'd rather have healing, swap the Binding Band for Leftovers.

Of course, there are things that make this set useless. Mainly Magic Guard and Gengar, but anything that give immunity to Ground, Normal, or Toxic will screw him over.

Ok, I've used this guy for a long time in various situations before, and I want to let him out now. Harvest Lum Exeggutor is just amazing IMO. I've used him in OU in the past even - to some good extent - and in the lower tiers I imaigne he does even better.

Exeggutive (Exeggutor) (M) @ Lum Berry Trait: Harvest
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Psyshock
- Giga Drain
- AncientPower

This guy is a tried and tested success. What I originally found him on was the ability Harvest. Don't give me "subseed sitrus tropius", because seriously, that thing is a piece of crap. Exeggutor actually hits stuff and isnt stopped by every grass type in the game. With harvest, I wanted to turn Exeggutor into the perfect stall breaker, because at the time I was having some blissey problems. Harvest Lum is simply amazing. He laughs at parahax, toxicstall, and WoW users. In actuality, he is a perfect counter to blissey, resisting every status, resting off the seismic tosses, and 2HKO/3HKOing with Psyshock.

First, the EV's and Nature. Exeggutor with harvest lum is literally immune to every status in the game permanently bar curse, infatuation, and flinch. Being grass type is a great boon to stop subseeders as well. Now, with that kind of immunity, I wanted him to last and live. So I poured EV's into SPDef and Def, admiring his good HP stat without investment. Now, he can take a hit, having average bulk. Rest is a perfect move on this set for survivability, harvest lum completely waking him.

Second, the offensive adjustment. Exeggutor was again a better go to than tropius because I was drawn by his fantastic SPAtk stat. He hits 349 with this set, and packs quite a punch. Giga Drain is a great STAB with its power boost in 5th gen, and greatly increases survivability in battle when he's gaining back HP while attacking. Psyshock is another good STAB, killing the fighting types running around, and especially being there for blissey, annoying blissey.

Last, the perfect tie in. Ancientpower. Ancientpower seems to be a lackluster move on pokemon that don't get STAB on it, and frankly you may wonder why it's here. Again, tried and tested in many many battles, ancientpower is the true glue that binds the set together in the end. First off, it is a fantastic type coverage to hit his weaknesses, killing fire, bug, and flying switches that are unsuspecting. But mainly, it's the boosts. Now, 10% isn't much, and you may well wonder why I'm crazy enough to run it for that. But in nearly all of the situations I battled in with Exeggutor, I managed to get at least 1 Ancientpower boost off in the battle. 1 boost turns Exeggutor into a tanky pokemon, with 340~ defenses, and a fantastic 500~ sp att. If you get 2 boosts, its pretty much game over. The situations to get these boosts are relatively simple. You bring exeggutor on a wall or stall pokemon, lol @ status moves trying to stop you, hit them with ancientpower until they switch, and probably have a boost by then to wreak havoc. Ancientpower really completes this set, and is fantastic for him.

I really love this set, it's been a long used one by me and very successful in many battles. I can't vouch for using him in OU, as he's probably not going to fare well in it, but in UU and definately RU, he can most likely shine. But for his time in OU, I do want to say that he killed every Blissey and Jellicent that dared stand in front of him. He is an amazing stall breaker.

Edit: Please note that there was a bug with Harvest a while back, where it would activate 100% every turn. It has been fixed, Harvest only works 100% every turn while SUN is up, and 50% out of SUN. Now, do not worry about this, because I have played with him more after this fix, and there is really not much of a difference. Scrafty and other pokemon have Shed Skin, which removes status moves 33% of the time every turn, and they are very good abilities and in fact activate quite often. Exeggutor's Harvest Lum outside of SUN has a 50% activation chance per turn, much more than Shed Skin. It is merely the flip of a coin, and so you don't have to worry about this chance messing up his status immunity. In most cases, losing 3/16th of your health from toxic because harvest won't activate for 2 turns isn't game breaking at all, and barely matters to you. Worst case scenario is that you lose 1 or 2 turns from rest. I have definitely tested him enough with this 50% effect to feel that it is a reliable security still.

Alakazam @Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Sp Atk, 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Ability: Magic Guard
Moveset:
~ Reflect
~ Light Screen
~ Counter
~ Psychic/Psyshock/Taunt/Recover

With a Reflect up and the HP EVs, Alakazam can surprisingly survive powerful attacks such as a Choice Banded Pursuit from Tyranitar and Counter back for the KO, who would not see it coming while still having at least a Reflect up. Same applies for weaker U-turns (Meaning to say, not one coming from a Scizor) and other priority attacks which would normally wreck Alakazam. Light Screen is there if you ever manage to set it up, Psychic/Psyshock are offensive attacks to not let that titanic base 135 Special Attack go to waste, but Taunt can be used to prevent others from setting up, and Recover can be used to replenish health long enough to set up another Reflect/Light Screen if needed, although it is unlikely to happen.

Golbat @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Impish
Ability: Inner Focus
Moveset:
~ Roost
~ Substitute
~ Toxic / Taunt
~ Super Fang
~~~ So basically, this is a SubRoost Toxic Staller that works in stall teams. Super Fang is an awesome move, cutting your opponent's pokemon HP in half, and with Toxic, makes it very easy to kill a threat. The EVs, counting in Eviolite, will give Golbat 354 HP / 393 Def / 280 SpDef. Very bulky indeed. Not much to say here lol. Just wall the heck out of Fighting-types, Ground-types, and so on. Because Golbat hits 216 Speed, you can run Taunt to screw other walls like Blissey that cannot touch you. This is especially encouraged if you already got Toxic Spikes on your team. Alternatively, Hypnosis can be run over Toxic, but it will clash if you run Toxic Spikes.

Froslass@Leftovers
EVs: 252SpA/252Spe/4hp
Nature:Timid
Ability:Snow Cloak
Moves
-ThunderWave
-Blizzard
-Disable
-Substitute
This set forces so many switches in UU. It outspeeds Staraptor and can either paralyze it or disable it and force a switch. For a weak mon, it often walls things, because they just can't get a hit in. It has a hilariously fast substitute, which means that status doesn't really get a chance to effect her if you predict right. I run this with Hail support to get the most out of the Snow Cloak/Paralyze combo. It destroys common threats such as Arcanine, Staraptor, walls Dusclops, and has a lot of fun in UU. I've swept with it alone.

Golbat @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Impish
Ability: Inner Focus
Moveset:
~ Roost
~ Substitute
~ Toxic / Taunt
~ Super Fang
~~~ So basically, this is a SubRoost Toxic Staller that works in stall teams. Super Fang is an awesome move, cutting your opponent's pokemon HP in half, and with Toxic, makes it very easy to kill a threat. The EVs, counting in Eviolite, will give Golbat 354 HP / 393 Def / 280 SpDef. Very bulky indeed. Not much to say here lol. Just wall the heck out of Fighting-types, Ground-types, and so on. Because Golbat hits 216 Speed, you can run Taunt to screw other walls like Blissey that cannot touch you. This is especially encouraged if you already got Toxic Spikes on your team. Alternatively, Hypnosis can be run over Toxic, but it will clash if you run Toxic Spikes.
Very glad I'm not the only one using evolite golbat. super fang's awesome. I've had some success in the battle tower with a cursing set. however, I'm half tempted to try this one out too.

Alakazam @Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Sp Atk, 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Ability: Magic Guard
Moveset:
~ Reflect
~ Light Screen
~ Counter
~ Psychic/Psyshock/Taunt/Recover

With a Reflect up and the HP EVs, Alakazam can surprisingly survive powerful attacks such as a Choice Banded Pursuit from Tyranitar and Counter back for the KO, who would not see it coming while still having at least a Reflect up. Same applies for weaker U-turns (Meaning to say, not one coming from a Scizor) and other priority attacks which would normally wreck Alakazam. Light Screen is there if you ever manage to set it up, Psychic/Psyshock are offensive attacks to not let that titanic base 135 Special Attack go to waste, but Taunt can be used to prevent others from setting up, and Recover can be used to replenish health long enough to set up another Reflect/Light Screen if needed, although it is unlikely to happen.
Counter is a Gen III tutor move, and thus illegal with Magic Guard. You could still run this with Synchronize or Inner Focus though.

Here's a new one for you... RAMBO FORRETRESS.

Forretress
@ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 36 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Toxic Spikes / Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Revenge
- Pain Split

Does a lot of your standard Forretress stuff with your Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin. However, if Tyranitar decides to come in and smack you around with Fire Blast (mix sets are boring now) you can survive with Sturdy and OHKO even defensive variants with Revenge, showing them who's the boss.

Then you can bring Forretress in on Ferrothorn later if he hasn't set up entry hazards and use Pain Split to get some free recovery and deal some damage. If he sets hazards up, just rapid spin as he switches. Revenge also deals 85.3% - 100.8% to Excadrill if it tries to hit you, and that's a straight 2HKO if he tries to set up with Swords Dance first. If you have 2 layers of spikes up and he lacks Balloon, it's a OHKO. Magnezone is also 2HKO'd if you hit it on the switch, letting you beat it with Sturdy, even if it has Magnet Rise.

But obviously bitch-slapping Tyranitar is the biggest advantage :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)