List of released Dream World Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note that a large number of people wanted Arceus because of the possiblity of getting one that was EV trainable (We didn't know it would be level 100 or that it can be EV trained normally in gen 5 at the time).

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Can't. DW Pokemon are not programmed to carry anything, they are simply commands to say "put Mewtwo in Entralink", even the Levels are set in stone by the game itself.
I'm aware of that, but I was thinking more along the lines of giving the boy in the extralink who gives you your items a Custap Berry.

Not that it matters as it's probably not gonna happen anyway.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
@ MwL
Pokémon Café events had special Dream World moves, right? *points to Teeter Dance Pikachu*
It isn't related to Pokémon Café (it's a local event!). Besides, Pokémon Café is an specific area in DW, even if it's an event. Whatever wins this poll will be distributed the same way the Eeveelutions were and, in such manner, the pokémon never have special moves.

Pikachu may be distributed with its DW ability, but its not available on the Dream World itself. Stop getting confused over it.

That said Pikachu should be added to the list of released mons. Since its female, its possible to breed for DW Pichus.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can someone explain me why we can't get DW Unova pokemon?
I have heard about the thing that they don't have over-world sprites but what is an over-world sprite?

Can someone explain me why we can't get DW Unova pokemon?
I have heard about the thing that they don't have over-world sprites but what is an over-world sprite?
The over-world sprite is the sprite you would interact with in Entree Forest. Because they don't exist in the game you can assume that you won't be able to catch them in Entree Forest and thus Unova DW pokemon can't be caught yet.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The over-world sprite is the sprite you would interact with in Entree Forest. Because they don't exist in the game you can assume that you won't be able to catch them in Entree Forest and thus Unova DW pokemon can't be caught yet.
And how do we know that they don't exist in the game?Where in the game do we see overworld sprites?

You know, when the games were released, a ROM was available quick.
The guys who made that ROM, had access to the code of the game.
In that code they could find overworld sprites with level and stuff associated to them, and some without (like patrat, mincinno, cotonne, petilil).
That's how all that is known for a while.

There are only a few overworld sprites for B/W mons, namely Patrat, Minccino, Cottonee, Petilil, Krokorok, Darmanitan, Munna, Musharna, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Volcarona, Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion, Keldeo and Meleotta.

I could've missed some though. I'm not really sure.

There are only a few overworld sprites for B/W mons, namely Patrat, Minccino, Cottonee, Petilil, Krokorok, Darmanitan, Munna, Musharna, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Volcarona, Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion, Keldeo and Meleotta.

I could've missed some though. I'm not really sure.
Victini, Pikachu, Deerling, Landorus.
Tornadus, Black version only. Thunderus, White only.

Notice the trend of how they are all potentially found AWAY from the Entralink?

Patrat- various @ Castelia, Juniper Lab...
Minccino- Route 3's daycare
Cottonee & Petilil - Route 3's daycare
Pikachu- Pi-pi-Pika-CHOO! 'Gesundheit', Castelia hiker's nicknamed Pikachu

Deerling- the season centre of Route 6
Munna & Musharna- early game Plasma encounter from Dreamyard-Fennel-DreamSmoke
Krokorok- various; Clay, 'opening' Chargestone with Bulldoze; Nimbasa's Ace Trainer...
Victini- interior room of the Liberty Pass' lighthouse, waiting for you (stationary)
Darmanitan- Zen Mode statue, in front of Relic Castle (stationary)
Volcarona- bottom of late interior area of Relic Castle (stationary)

The other legends of Musketeers & dragons are found in respective areas, with Reshiram and Zekrom appearing at both Dragonspiral Tower AND N's Castle but their capture location can vary.

Have we been trolled yet again?

Depending on the version, Cottonee and Petilil can be found in one of Nacrene's warehouses(the one where you do the ingame trade)

My personal theory is that they will give out the Unova Pokés via Dream World in the next game. (Whether that be BW3/RS Remakes/XD Remake/etc.)

....on that note, why do so many, many people try to use Contrary Serperior in non-DW tiers??? UU's filled with 'em.

That's just because since the server went up again, there are no scripts and some DW crap can be used.
It will be fixed soon.

But the thing is, how could pokemon from Unova can be given through DW, only on the third game ? As we all know the DW is pretty much one entity, that doesn't differ with the game.

My personal theory is that they will give out the Unova Pokés via Dream World in the next game. (Whether that be BW3/RS Remakes/XD Remake/etc.)
Keep in mind, all they have to do is release DW Ditto, and any breedable pokemon (including male only and genderless) will be obtainable with DW abilites.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Keep in mind, all they have to do is release DW Ditto, and any breedable pokemon (including male only and genderless) will be obtainable with DW abilites.
Sadly it isn't that easy

BW Research Thread said:
Breeding a Dream World female parent with any male parent (but not vice versa) has a chance of giving the offspring its respective Dream World Ability. It does not appear that Ditto is considered the female parent for this purpose. (Maverick Hunter, 0mastar\The Shadow Knight, Kaphotics)
Since ditto prevents DW abilities from passing on, you can't use it to breed Pokemon with DW abilities even if the ditto has its DW ability.

Dunno if everyone are aware of this, but anyone out of USA can't receive Audino C-Gear Skin. I've enter in contact with NoA, and they said that they don't Know what is happening and they will check.

I know that Audino C-Gear skin is ugly, but I think that if I don't complain now, they can do this again, with an event pokémon.

I recommend that everyone that didn't have access to this Skin, that take a Print Screen of the promotion area, and go into PGL Customer Service than click on Request suport, Ask a question (must be logged in), than explain what is happening. Even People fron countries like Canada or United Kingdom are under this problem.

Since ditto prevents DW abilities from passing on, you can't use it to breed Pokemon with DW abilities even if the ditto has its DW ability.
That's really odd--a friend of mine claims to have bred a DW pokemon using a (hacked, obviously) Ditto.

But I trust Maverick Hunter, 0mastar\The Shadow Knight, and Kaphotics much more than I trust this "friend."

Thanks for the info.

Edit: actually, could you find the post that conclusively says that Ditto doesn't have the ability to pass DW abilities? The Maverick Hunter / 0mastar posts are unrelated, and in my own reading, I've only found people questioning Kaphotics' test--basically, the question is whether the ditto used in the test was created correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)