Puppy Power

Building Process

Alright welcome again to a RMT. This time I wanted to base the team around one of the most underrated Pokemon in the game, Stoutland.

Obviously I need Stoutland

Next I needed to decide on what ability to use so that I know exactly how my team can be built. I went with Sand Rush so I needed a certain Hippo.

Next I wanted another sand abuser. Not many choices in UU so I had to delve into the Ubers and pull out a very good Pokemon's younger brother.

Now I wanted to work out my weaknesses. I had a massive Ice and Fighting weakness. So for the Ice, I went with a brick wall.

Next for my fighting weakness, I wanted to go with something that won't get hurt in sand and could deal a lot of damage. Not many choices and so I went with everyone's favorite golem.

Now that all my big ones are done, I noticed that I had no special attacker. Just about any will do and its weaknesses are going to be easy to cover up. I wanted one last dog so.

NOW FOR THE SETS

Hippopotas (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Normal Hippo set. Stealth Rock, Toxic for status, Roar for Phazing and Earthquake so you are not Taunt bait.

Stoutland (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 Def / 56 SDef / 144 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Wild Charge
- Frustration
- Crunch
- Fire Fang

Choice Band to get the most bang for your buck. Wild Charge hits hard, Frustration is for STAB, Crunch for what little coverage it has and Thunder Fang to help if you don't want to deal with recoil

Gabite (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Interesting set this is. Scarf is to help its speed which will allow it to out-speed quite a few Pokemon. Outrage and Earthquake are for STAB, Stone Edge to deal with slow Ice types. Dual Chop may not hit as hard as Outrage but it is there in case you don't want to get locked. I use it over Dragon Claw as it can break subs and deal damage in the second strike.

Manectric (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch

Thanks to Lightningrod's upgrade, I can use this when I switch in and get a boost. Max Speed, Max Special Attack. Thunderbolt for STAB, Flamethrower deals with Ice types that my team has issues with, Hidden Power Grass for ground types and Volt Switch to switch out.

Regirock @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 204 HP / 148 Atk / 156 SDef
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
- Explosion

This set is to hit, set up status and then blow up. Explosion may not deal much anymore but this is a clean up guy. Brick wall says it all.

Golurk @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Substitute
- Focus Punch

Say hello to the MVP. SubPunch Golurk hurts. Max Speed so you get a sub up. It does not outrun much but what it does, it can usually take out. Focus Punch gets the Iron Fist boost and anything that doesn't resist it is going to get hurt. Earthquake and Shadow Punch are for STAB.

Changes: Flygon instead of Gabite, Blastoise instead of Manectric, Mandibuzz instead of Regirock

ScarfGon, ScarfToise (Surf, Ice Beam, HP Electric, Rapid Spin) and Standard Mandibuzz (Toxic, Whirlwind, Roost, Brave Bird)

After realizing how big of a grass weakness I had, I changed Thunder Fang to Fire Fang on Stoutland.

looks good even thou im not much of a sand guy...excadrill ruined sand for me D:

Only thing i can say is put hp ice on manectric instead of grass as youll get that boltbeam coverage and ice still hits ground for x2 not to mention you can OHKO the dragon of UU flygon.
speaking of flygon put him as a scarfer instead of gabite which i understand sand veil may look good on paper but u want flygons extra speed,power and overall hes just better

OK will do. I had Ice on Manectric so I will put it back. I was also try ScarfGon too. I am going to try a Band on Bite first.

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } 1489/14978

That is my current Wifi UU ranking on the Beta Server.

This teams record (replaced ScarfBite with ScarfGon) is 10-3 right now. ScarfGon makes an excellent finisher and Stoutland is insanely good.

Hi this is a pretty decent team but there are some obvious flaws.

First of all, you have no water or grass resist. This means that bulky water and grass types can have a field day with this team. Flygon helps with things such as Celebi, but the problem is still there and a U-turn isn't going to stop many grass types from taking out your team. Your offensive core of Flygon, Stoutland, and Golurk seems fine, but your defense is quite lacking.

On Hippopotas, you really want an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD with an Impish nature. This will allow Hippo to take physical hits quite well if need be as long as they aren't supper effective. The spread you have now is inefficient because pretty much any special water or grass attack will OHKO Hippo anyway. With this spread changed, I will suggest replacing Earthquake with Slack Off. 72 base attack isn't hurting much so in the event you are taunted you should just switch instead of throwing out weak Earthquakes. If you really insist on an attacking move, bulldoze can have some utility in wearing down a pokemon for another member of your team.

I feel Manectric should get the boot on this team. It's role seems to be getting rid of Water and Grass types with it's coverage but quite frankiy it cannot keep them at bay for very long because it cannot take repeated hits from either type. For Water types, I'd suggest replacing it with Gastrodon because it is immune to water and takes no damage from Sandstorm. It can also handle offensive Zapdos, Raikou, and Crocune fairly well. A specially defensive spread and a moveset of Surf / Ice Beam / Recover / Yawn can work. You can also use a Earth Power over Ice beam but you will be helpless against grass types switching in exchange for a neutral hit on other waters.

Next, Regirock. I also think this guy needs to be kicked because it is redundant with the rest of your team. In it's place, I'd suggest you use a Mandibuzz or Registeel. Both of them have good synergy with your team and take no damage from sandstorm (Mandibuzz has access to overcoat). They both can wall problematic ghost and dark types that go after Golurk (Mandibuzz handles them better than Registeel, arguably) Registeel overall has more utility and resist Stealth Rock, but Mandibuzz has access to reliable recovery and is able to phaze. Both have their advantages over each other. And most importantly help with your grass weakness.

Speaking of Golurk, it doesn't really need speed at all on a Sub Punch set. relocate the Speed EVs into HP to make it able to tank hits much better. Golurk should get it's Subs from forcing things out (mainly Fighting types and Rock types) instead of trying to outspeed things. Change the nature to Adamant for better attack. You should also use leftovers instead of Life Orb because not only does it allow you to make more Substitutes, but the recoil from Life Orb plus the health lost from making Substitutes will take a toll on Golurk. In addition, you should also drop Earthquake in favor of Stone Edge. Earthquake may have STAB but Focus Punch and Shadow Punch already provide perfect neutral coverage. Stone Edge allows you to hit Flying and Bug types that resist Focus Punch.

Your rank in Wifi UU is 458/15237 [1169 points / 78 battles]!

Thanks. I replaced Manectric with Slowbro who has done quite well. I will try Gastrodon but Flygon's Outrage has usually solved that issue. I use Slowbro as a CM sweeper with Regenerator. It packs Flamethrower for those grass types. I am also going to give Stone Edge a whirl.

For some reason, Hitmontop wants to run toxic now so I gave Golurk Lum Berry. I did make the changes kay gave and it runs well.

When i read the RMT, i saw that gabite didn't seem like the best choice as a sand-abuser, and that regirock had to be replaced. That's what i wanted to say, but some others already noted those things, so yeah. Now with Flygon instead of Gabite and seeing slowbro, Registeel and some other pokes in the post, i understand your team is like this now ----> Hippo--Stoutland--Registeel--Flygon--Golurk--Slowbro?
I'd like to be able to say anything about this team, but as you didn't edit the members with their movesets i can't help you now. What i don't understand is why you have frustration instead of Return on the puppy. In the game itself, the longer you will have Stoutland, the weaker frustration will become, so yeah, replace frustration with return.
Also, if Golurk is already behind a sub, toxic can't touch him, keeping you safe from it (as from will-o-wisp too).

I repeat, please add the new members in the RMT, so that we can further aid you. Still, it looks ok, apart from slowbro still having the grass-weakness.

Hope I helped, and waiting for the Edits,

Cap'n

You may want to opt for Static on Manectric. That way, if a priority user decides to finish it off, it may end up crippled. I highly doubt someone is going to want to use Electric attacks against a team with 3 Ground types.

Rhyperior (if it's UU, I'm not sure) could be a suitable replacement for Regirock- it would make the ice weakness worse, but it has a great deal more attacking power, and while it's Def and SpD are lower, it still has an amazing Def, and it sports a higher HP than Regirock.

I also suggest replacing Manectric with Empoleon. Empoleon is a good Special Attacker with a 4x Ice Resist.

As the team stands now, it is Hippo, Stoutland, Gastrodon, Mandibuzz, Golurk and Flygon. I am going to change Gastrodon to Empoleon more than likely because I have a massive Ice Weakness on my team. Surf, Knock Off, Flash Cannon, Taunt maybe with Lefty's.

As for threats, stall teams kill me. Empoleon with Max Speed, Max Defense (which ever one is poor) with Timid so that I have a Taunt user and Knock Off.

I will make the edits once I can on my actual computer as I am on my Wii.

As for the Frustration, I am currently playing on PO only. If this was going to be the actual game, I would have Return.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)