Smogon University PO Statistics — June 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, no July stats.
Thanks for telling us. :) I really appreciate it, because one month there was no stats but only the mods and popular members knew about it, so all us normal members were left wondering and not knowing what was going on for the entire month.

So thanks again. :)

Your calcs are off.
Focus Blast has 120 base power, making it 240 with the Super Effective.
Hydro Pump has 120 base power as well, with 180 through STAB, and 270 through the Drizzle Boost.

Hydro Pump would be hitting harder than Focus Blast would be. Likewise, SpecsToed is Modest.

And if your Scrafty has that set, Drain Punch won't be hitting hard enough for you to live. And Specs Rotom-W hits harder than Politoed does. =/. The point is that Scrafty with no speed boosts isn't scary at all.
if u say my calcs are off, please show me ur own calcs tyvm

255 +1 SpAtk Politoed Hydro Pump vs 252 HP/248 SpDef Scraggy: 111.51% - 131.58%

You're not very good at this. Politoed was modest and Scraggy was Careful.

Even with a neutral nature and no specs boost...255 SpAtk Politoed Hydro Pump vs 252 HP/248 SpDef Scraggy: 67.43% - 79.93%

I don't know how you got your results.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
you're both wrong

Modest Specs Politoed Hydro Pump vs 334 HP / 360 SpD Scrafty = 73.65% - 87.13%

49.40% - 58.38% without Drizzle.

Why am I getting different results now...

255 +1 SpAtk Politoed Hydro Pump vs 252 HP/248 SpDef Scrafty: 81.14% - 95.51% ?

Okay, I must learn how to use calcs now. Lee how are you getting results that low and how am I getting results this high when compared to yours?

I included rain. No item, modest nature, +1 spa boost for specs, and then gave Scrafty those EVs.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
jus passin by

blarajan because on the first one you used scraggy instead of scrafty

and on the second one you forgot to use a +spdef nature

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Kinda off topic from all that Scrafty discussion I guess I'm going back to the OP, so I thought that this might be the most appropriate place to post this.

Is there a way to get the raw data behind all the usage? Say, is there some type of humongous data that if i stare at hard enough, i'll be able to figure out what percentage of politoeds run choice scarf, or how often the move earthquake is used on tyranitar, for example?

Help much appreciated.

Kinda off topic from all that Scrafty discussion I guess I'm going back to the OP, so I thought that this might be the most appropriate place to post this.

Is there a way to get the raw data behind all the usage? Say, is there some type of humongous data that if i stare at hard enough, i'll be able to figure out what percentage of politoeds run choice scarf, or how often the move earthquake is used on tyranitar, for example?

Help much appreciated.
You might wanna PM Rising_Dusk(who has all the data) for that, but he's not going to release it over here. :/

if you go on the pokemon online website, the have the distribution of items on certain pokes. (and abilities)

for example, 87 percent of gliscors used poison heal last month.

if you go on the pokemon online website, the have the distribution of items on certain pokes. (and abilities)

for example, 87 percent of gliscors used poison heal last month.
Those stats are from the Pokemon Online server, not from Smogon's server, so you won't get very far with those.

Teams with Heal Bell support would probably prefer to use Sand Veil Gliscor since it lets Gliscor run Stealth Rock and Roost instead of a shitty Swords Dance set.

its not That good... just saying.
i faced a sub swords dance sand veil gliscor the other day...

worked just like sub sd garchomp,

my hp ice missed twice and i rage quitted.

Swords Dance Sand Veil sounds awful. Swords Dance Poison Heal works rather well as it can't be burned, is bulky as hell, has Taunt, good coverage, and double Leftovers. Poison Heal recovery is better than Roost as it often doesn't have time to Roost if it wants to be threatening.

The only thing that really shits all over SD Gliscor is Rotom-W (unless you run Facade, which I personally hate)

lol ive seen a bunch that run facade.

gliscor can just stall out the hydro pump pp's tho.
unless they carry hp ice.
Scarf Rotom-W (one of if not the most popular variant) Hydro Pump is a OHKO, how's Gliscor stalling out an 8 pp move if Protect rarely hits back to back and it can't take one?

oh no. im talking about those substitute gliscors.

rotom used hydropump!
the substitued faded
gliscor used substitute!

rinse and repeat.

Is there ANY reason to run Ice Fang over Facade? It hits everything relevant for more damage except for Gengar (Shadow Ball), Landorus (HP Ice), Salamance (Draco Meteor), Dragonite (not much) and Gliscor (Taunt).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)