(MC) Middle Cup Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
You only can`t use Gen 5 Egg moves. Tms and Level Up moves are okay (unless you learn them after Lvl 50 )
Yeah. I just remembered about the lvl 50 thing... but on PO, I don't think the system recognizes it if you put in the moveset then change it to lvl 50...

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Yeah. I just remembered about the lvl 50 thing... but on PO, I don't think the system recognizes it if you put in the moveset then change it to lvl 50...
Well it only applies to Gen 5 Lvl up moves that come after lvl 50 and only if used with a Gen 4 Tutor/TM. I think it will rarely matter as not a lot Pokemon gained useful moves in their Lvl Up move pools.

Well it only applies to Gen 5 Lvl up moves that come after lvl 50 and only if used with a Gen 4 Tutor/TM. I think it will rarely matter as not a lot Pokemon gained useful moves in their Lvl Up move pools.
For IR battles, there's an option to cap levels at 50 while retaining "No Restrictions" rules for everything else (6v6, same items allowed, all Pokémon allowed) so someone can just suggest to "pretend" like that's the case for whatever simulator you people use for this metagame.

For IR battles, there's an option to cap levels at 50 while retaining "No Restrictions" rules for everything else (6v6, same items allowed, all Pokémon allowed) so someone can just suggest to "pretend" like that's the case for whatever simulator you people use for this metagame.
Ehh... But mostly people use wi-fi or PO (Cuz pokemon players don't have any friends XDD jkjk), and the Flat Battle rule on wi-fi is trash (Only lets you use 3 pokes) so honestly, you MUST have your pokemon at EXACTLY level 50 if you want to play Wi-Fi MC.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
This seems pretty cool. The tier is completely weather free other then setting up via rain dance etc. I agree with bluemon on Chansey, Dusclops and P2. Those things look fucking scary in this tier.

Rhydon seems pretty viable in this tier :p

If Wartortle really is the only spinner, stall is going to rape this meta. Set down shitloads of hazards, then proceed to stall with bulky Eviolite 'mons, while NFE offensive Pokemon fall while fighting. Taunt and Magic Guard are good ways of keeping hazards off, but require prediction. If you predict, wrong, those hazards are getting up, and Wartortle falls to Roselia. This'll be interesting.

Speed Boost Combusken will be so broken in this metagame.

Also, why not just fight at Lv. 100? It's the default level anyways.

I might give it a shot sometime.

i really wanna play this.

togetic is the only baton passer. without any reliable phazers, this could see some use

togetic
252 hp 252 defense 6 special defense
ancient power
nasty plot
baton pass
metronome/filler

metronome has like 1/9583 chance of getting rapid spin or shell smash.

I'd imagine Duosion can wreck this tier with a CM set. Unless you run Knock Off. Let's see, for MG users you have Clefairy, Kadabra, (unreleased) and Duosion. Wow, not much but I'd imagine one of these 3 (errr 2) is a must have on any team that fears stall. Also, DD Dragonair might actually work. Shedrest along with Outrage, DD, and Waterfall. is there anything that resists water / dragon in this tier?

Also, on a side note. FUUU! I already had my team made in the cartridge games but I leveled them up to level 100 ;_; Oh well, at least there's some friendly editors here and there that i know ha ha! Anyway, this tier should become official imo.

i really wanna play this.

togetic is the only baton passer. without any reliable phazers, this could see some use

togetic
252 hp 252 defense 6 special defense
ancient power
nasty plot
baton pass
metronome/filler

metronome has like 1/9583 chance of getting rapid spin or shell smash.
Air Slash would probably be better than Metronome, since there's also a chance to get Explosion/Self Destruct/Healing Wish/Memento/generally weak moves. Air Slash lets Togetic go on the offence itself, so can do something if it's your last Pokemon. Substitute could also work as a more defensive action.

That said, I haven't played this tier at all, so this is pure theorymon.

Combusken(Bulk Up, Agility, Swords Dance, Hone Claws) and Swadloon(Agility, Calm Mind) can also use Baton Pass.

No reliable phazers? There HAS to be a few things that learn Roar, Whirlwind, or Dragon Tail.
Pilowsine looks like the bulkiest Phazer in this tier, but here's a list of all the Pokemon that can learn phazing moves:

MC Pokemon capable of using Roar: Croconaw, Fraxure, Gabite, Herdier, Krokorok, Lairon, Loudred, Luxio, Pignite, Pilowswine, Quilava, Rhydon, Sealeo, Shelgon, Vigoroth, Zweilous
MC Pokemon capable of using Whirlwind: Golbat, Pidgeotto, Staravia
MC Pokemon capable of using Dragon Tail: Rhydon, Zweilous
MC Pokemon capable of using Circle Throw: Loudred

Lairon could also be used, with an immunity to Poison and decent Physical defence, but it has low Special Defense and 4X weaknesses to Fighting and Ground.

Air Slash would probably be better than Metronome, since there's also a chance to get Explosion/Self Destruct/Healing Wish/Memento/generally weak moves. Air Slash lets Togetic go on the offence itself, so can do something if it's your last Pokemon. Substitute could also work as a more defensive action.

That said, I haven't played this tier at all, so this is pure theorymon.

Combusken(Bulk Up, Agility, Swords Dance, Hone Claws) and Swadloon(Agility, Calm Mind) can also use Baton Pass.

togetic doesnt get air slash.
i believe its just togekiss.

togetic doesnt get air slash.
i believe its just togekiss.
Well, what do you know. Substitute is still an option, though. Ominous Wind/Silver Wind could also work, or could be used instead of Ancient Power for different coverage(Ancient Power would probably be the better move, but they're options).

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Just so everybody realizes this, Analytic P2 is illegal with Tri Attack in this tier. After gen3, the Porygon line learned Tri Attack at level 51.

Also, I ran a Rain team last gen. Specs Seadra was absolutely amazing and pretty much OHKOd everything with Surf/Hydro Pump. The only SwSw Pokemon are Lombre and Palpitoad though.

lol yea. togekiss sucks. hmmmm.... im still looking for some viable pokes....

OH

GOLBAT.
roost
whirlwind/haze
super fang/toxic
taunt

and if it leanrs knock off, definitely use knock off.

Just so everybody realizes this, Analytic P2 is illegal with Tri Attack in this tier. After gen3, the Porygon line learned Tri Attack at level 51.

Also, I ran a Rain team last gen. Specs Seadra was absolutely amazing and pretty much OHKOd everything with Surf/Hydro Pump. The only SwSw Pokemon are Lombre and Palpitoad though.
theres poliwhirl :P also, chansey and poliwhirl with water absorb say hi.

also, i dont see how tri attack is illegal. if its a level up move, it can get anything with heart scale. also, trace/ download is infinitely better.

theres poliwhirl :P also, chansey and poliwhirl with water absorb say hi.

also, i dont see how tri attack is illegal. if its a level up move, it can get anything with heart scale. also, trace/ download is infinitely better.
He's saying that since they learn Tri-Attack at level 51, it can't be used as your Pokémon can only be level 50 (which should be changed to 100, IMO).

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I didn't see that Poliwhirl got Swift Swim. Throw in Belly Drum and it seems like it might work. Its stats are too low otherwise.

oh right. stupid level 50. this has to be changed.

also, i used poliwrath with bellydrum in OU, pretty strong. KOES everything.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Level 50 is a Middle Cup tradition, that would be similar to making Little Cup level 100 babies for movepool reasons.

Deal with the restrictions. You'll find none of the actually good strategies care.

Level 50 is a Middle Cup tradition, that would be similar to making Little Cup level 100 babies for movepool reasons.

Deal with the restrictions. You'll find none of the actually good strategies care.
LC has the Pomeg glitch. Your argument is invalid.

Oh god yes Piloswine. He looks awesome in this tier. Great bulk and good offense + stab attacks.

Also, many of the 3 stage steels/dragons look like they could be powerful forces in this tier.

we can use thepomeg glitch TOO >:)

EDIT: dragons ARE powerful since there are basically no steels. (lairon, klang and metang... there might be more. oh. magnemite)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)