International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just battled "Sky" from nowhere, and he D/C'd after he won 2-0 against me.

Seriously? THANKS!
My Rating didn't go down! =P

I'm thinking if maybe the Gamefreak's Servers are just full of people and that's what's giving all those errors.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Its kind of strange that I keep facing my own RNGs. Maybe I should stop giving them out for free. XD
LOL. but shouldn't that give you the upper hand as well? since you know what YOU RNG thus what to expect :P

My record so far in this tourney:
Current Rating: 1673
Battles: 31
Amount of battles lost: 5
D/Cs: 3 or 4

So far so good, I just get so annoyed with those D/Cs. I think I'll start making a list of names who keep D/Cing on me T___T;

But it's fun so far, I owned a lot of noobs xD And won plenty of mediocre and close call matches B]

In the rules Nintendo said they'll be excuded from the final ladder, for what it matters to them -.-

I've got 27 matches finished with another 15 DC on me.
But so far i'm still enjoying the experience, it's a format i would never be able to try othewise, and thanks to the tounament finding opponents is pretty fast compared to standard games.

Good luck to everyone who will not DC ;P

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is an open letter to [Trainer Name] from [Location].

Dear [Trainer Name],

I just wanted to take a moment to apologize that things didn't work out between us. I really do regret that for some reason our connection was lost as I was about to win; not sure what that was about! After all, anything can happen in this game and as the cliche goes one should always play to the final whistle. I mean, who knows, maybe [Pokemon] would have held on after eating a hit from that super effective [Attack Name] and things would have turned in your favor after being down [Score]. I'm also sorry that [Under 100% Accuracy Attack Name] didn't land at that timely moment you needed it to, resulting in a competitive advantage for me. Those things do happen from time to time in this game and I guess that's why [Under 100% Accuracy Attack Name] isn't considered 100% accurate. You may also realize in hindsight that attacking [Pokemon] with [Attack Name] may not have been the best move, especially as my [Pokemon] used Protect. Don't fret, though, that could have happened to anyone - it's part of the game! I've made that mistake a time or two myself, in fact. And look on the bright side, at least some things went your way, like that [Luck Based Event/Side Effect], so it wasn't all bad! Anyway, I do hope we get a chance to rematch, [Trainer Name], once your inexplicable internet connection issues are resolved. You were a fun opponent and I know you wouldn't have deliberately disconnected to avoid a loss as from what I hear, they teach class and good sportsmanship in [Location]. Anyway, best of luck to you in the rest of the tournament that has absolutely nothing at stake whether you win or lose. Hope you fare better against your remaining opponents! Again, truly sorry we didn't get to formally finish our match.

Sincerely,

"Carl from Smogon" aka Craig from New Jersey

Last 5 Battles have been on my side, they disconnected and now I haven't even got more rating points, nor they count as played games.
I just wanted to be the very best, and this isn't helping ;__;

Just had a guy from Australia use a ScarfJellicent that outspeed my entire team(like jolly max speed Tornadus) and spam water spout :x

Then he d/ced even though he was about to win

I've only had 12 actual matches, with 8 DISCONNECTS of battles I was winning. My ranking is currently 1613, although it should be higher than that, with an 11-1 w/l ratio. Has anyone else had this many DCs?

@Carl: I want to personally send that to half of the people online.

andrea

/me cresselias
LOL. but shouldn't that give you the upper hand as well? since you know what YOU RNG thus what to expect :P
Pretty much! It's hard to tell which nature I'm facing when nicknames are disabled. =[

What makes me really happy is the fact that all my hard work is actually being put to use, though!

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Pretty much! It's hard to tell which nature I'm facing when nicknames are disabled. =[

What makes me really happy is the fact that all my hard work is actually being put to use, though!
oh right nicknames xD! oh well at least, as you just said, it's better for them to be used rather than having them lurking into a box forever :)
Does anybody think I should aim for the 1700 mark? xP
After seeing so many identical teams I feel like I wanna go back to VGC 2012 style :3

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've lost count of all the disconnects as I'm sure my team has a knack of pissing others off. Too bad, pokemon is serious business. You had at least a week to prepare. This is like taking a test, you pass or fail, win or lose.

I've lost count of all the disconnects as I'm sure my team has a knack of pissing others off. Too bad, pokemon is serious business. You had at least a week to prepare. This is like taking a test, you pass or fail, win or lose.
I think we have to blame GF for this - if DCing doesn't hurt them, or you - there's no reason not to do it.

Magic the Gathering "Arena" has a similar format - play any number of people, get 1 point for each loss, 2 for tie, 3 for winning. Incentive to play others even if you lose.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Was lurking and I saw this post and I wanted to stop by and say "hi" because that was me most likely lol.

I forget who won ours, but I do remember your username. Mine is BADHAIR in game.

BTW the strategy does have quite a few holes in it, and I've lost quite a bit (current win/lose count is 30-11) but few things are more entertaining than watching an unaware opponent ignore Whimsicott entirely while it levels their team.

EDIT: Oh wait I think I remember I won that one since I distinctly remember fighting and beating a Brazillian dude today (dunno, just guessing based on your sig).
Ah I played you then too. I'm MSankey from Saskatchewan, Canada. I made the team you're using when VGC 11 rules were just announced :|

OK, I just had a strange match...

My opponent had out a Minccino that used Protect and After You in the same turn to give their fighting guy a priority focus punch?

Is that anywhere near remotely possible?

I'm
34-1 ATM
Lost to someone by the OT ClintV2, I LMAO'd at the amount of hax.
Lol thats me :P what is your OT/which hax?

I'm 28-2 :'( I lost to a German and I miselected a poke and lost 22 pts, now I only get 4-6 pts a game x.x

Oh and I met Ash from Kuwait and Carlos :D both DC'ed :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)