Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

In a battle I'm reffing, one player has a kirlia with synchronize active, and uses will-o-wisp on a pokemon that just used magic coat. Would the coater still be burned from synchronize?
The pokemon would still be burned. Magic Coat just reflects non-attacking moves for the most part, not abilities.

How do multiple hit attacks work?
You multiply the base attack power by the amount it hits.

a 5-hit Bullet seed hits like a 15 BAP attack

a 2-hit Dual chop hits like a 9 BAP attack

Simplest is to run out of 6

1-2 gives 2 hits
3-4 gives 3 hits
5 gives 4 hits
6 gives 5 hits

It's a 2:2:1:1 ratio, in short.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
On Paralysis and Synchronize:

When the Paralysis % of a mon is raised (eg: Using Thunder Wave on a 5% Para'd mon), does this trigger Synchronize?

Well in ASB, a mon can be burned, poisoned, paralysed and put to sleep all at the same time. Also, I asked before about paralysis being restored to higher levels and the answer was that yes, a mon at 5% paralysis that gets hit by Thunder Wave does have its paralysis reset to 25%. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether that Thunder Wave would then activate Synchronize.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
And yet, it doesn't say when. The assumption, then, is that it triggers when the status is inflicted, but what happens if you gain the ability while statused?

Conclusion: Synchronize needs rewording.

And yet, it doesn't say when. The assumption, then, is that it triggers when the status is inflicted, but what happens if you gain the ability while statused?
Well, generally, you don't automatically inflict any statuses you already have. The tricky part is determining whether Thunder Waving a mon at 5% paralysis (and therefore restoring it to 25% paralysis) counts as a new status being inflicted or not. It's not even like we can go with in-game precedence here since in-game doesn't have various levels of paralysis.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
[box]22:58:32 PM ~ <dogfish44> Whilst I know you're here, can you answer this:
22:58:33 PM ~ <dogfish44> http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4100239&postcount=529
22:59:47 PM ~ <Deck_Knight> Yes.
23:00:03 PM ~ <Deck_Knight> Synchronize basically inflicts whatever level of status was inflicted on the Syncronized mon
23:00:08 PM ~ <dogfish44> Thanks

23:01:49 PM ~ <Deck_Knight> That's pretty much the answer. Basically Synchronize copies whatever status the Pokemon recieved onto the opponent, even if it received multiple statuses at once (say someone used a Toxic Scald or something and got Toxic + Burn on one action)[/box]

When it comes to combinations, what exactly is Return damage and how does it factor when it deals with combinations with that attack? Specifically here:

Base Attack Power = BAP * 2.25
Energy Cost = (EC + (EC+4))*2
Effect Chance = Effect Chance * 2
Stat Boosts/Drawbacks = Stat Boosts/Drawbacks * 2
Return Damage = Return Damage^2
Recoil = Recoil * 1.5
Accuracy = (Accuracy^2) + Spe Modifier
Thanks. :3

I think that's for stuff like Counter and Mirror Coat which deal damage based on the damage of an enemy's attack. It either means you square the actual amount of damage Counter/Mirror Coat would do (which is obscene) or you square the damage modifier (so Counter normally reflects 1.5x attack's damage and Counter + Counter would reflect (1.5^2)x attack's damage or 2.25x attack's damage - which seems more likely).

@Yarnus of Bethany
Right beside your title

AT ME
Dig,Fly and dive moves specify that for a mere cost of 6 eng you can dodge all attacks and such, is that on the action it was used, or the next?

CC is a combination of the former TC and BP. It can be used to buy mons, items, and entry into certain RPs. So, basically, no.

In one action it costs 10 EN. If you were say to dig underground and stay there action 1 then emerge and attack action 2 then A1 costs 6 EN and A2 costs 10 EN for 16 EN total.

In one action it costs 10 EN. If you were say to dig underground and stay there action 1 then emerge and attack action 2 then A1 costs 6 EN and A2 costs 10 EN for 16 EN total.
I thought it was the other way around with a1 costing 10 energy and a2 costing 6.

I've always reffed it so the higher energy cost is when the actual attack is performed, but essentially it makes no difference either way.

Well if the pokemon has 7-10 energy, it makes a difference to whether he gets energy KO'd before or after he strikes his opponent (though why anyone would use Dig at that level of energy I do not know).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)