Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

Has anything that isn't the game mechanics changed over the last two months. I've seen the game mechanics but I haven't seen much else other then gym stuff.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
@ MB, basically the gym stuff is the only thing you really need to know about

@WW, i don't actually know for sure but i would assume yes the same way you can encore into a recovery move

Data Audit Thread (Encore) said:
The Pokemon gives its opponent an enthusiastic round of applause. The target is so flattered that it can’t help but repeat its last action for the next two (2) of its actions.
@WW, Data Audit doesn't specify attack. It just says action.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
should totally encore a bodyblock, then pummel away. that would be so sick

placeholder for when i remember my question

EDIT: okay how's it work when you combine two moves of the same BP and classification

What happens if you use a combo right before you are whirlwinded?
I'd assume as you're technically still in the match for the round, you'd still have to cool down from your attack. But this is pure speculation, and I'd ask someone else.

EDIT: To below, then the pokemon is switched out, the other mon comes out...when the combo using mon comes back out, presumably he's had time to cool down and is normal again.

Yeah, unless the combo has -7 priority like Counter + Counter.

EDIT: Actually, even then, the combo still happens. You just lose any stat boosts/drops and minor status like Taunt before you pull off the combo.

How do you start CAP ASB
I suggest reading the CAP ASB guide (its the last stickied thread), look at some battles, and other lurking until you get a feel for it (it should take a day or two), then post in the registration tower thread (its also stickied), follow the format, and you'll (hopefully) get approved. You can choose your favorite pokemon to start with or some of the mainstream Pokemon, practically anything works in ASB.

Welcome to ASB Arceustar :)

By the way, Arceustar, if you're going for power, the Snorlax, Gengar, Starmie, Crustle, and Lucario lines are good.

New question: do updates affect battles that started before the update's implementation? I am specifically talking about the combo energy cost changing to *1.75

By the way, Arceustar, if you're going for power, the Snorlax, Gengar, Starmie, Crustle, and Lucario lines are good.

New question: do updates affect battles that started before the update's implementation? I am specifically talking about the combo energy cost changing to *1.75
As I said in my post in our battle, that update applied to all new battles, not pre-existing ones. Since our battle started before that was implemented, it should still count as 2x energy for all same-move combos.

If I were to buy a Basculin, would it start out with Reckless, Adaptability, AND Rock Head all unlocked?
No, you would get the abilities for the one that you buy I think.

And don't forget Slaking! The new Truant description favors it, and besides it can already 2HKO almost everything with Giga Impact.

Starters are also a safe bet (besides the stat-trolled ones like Serperior) along with most CAP's. Also, quite a few Gen 1 Pokemon seem to have higher-than-average Base Rank Totals to accompany their ridiculously large movepools.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)