VGC '12 United States National - Indianapolis - WON by Cybertron and Wolfey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Europe is not a country. The United States is a country. Canada is a country. Comparing our number of invites to the entire continent of Europe doesn't even make sense.
But, Canada and The US are bigger than the 5 European countries that got VGC events, and there's a massive difference in the size of the playerbases so it is sort of comparable. I am honestly surprised that it's only 4 invites for US/Canada though, that's just my two cents though. I think it's honestly a transitional year for VGC, so maybe we're just going to have to bite our tongues about it this year, and hope they listen to feedback.

Invites cost nothing though, just saying.

Just more reason to have a better time at Nats. At the same time, it doesn't hurt to tell the organizers that more invites is not a bad thing.

So the pokemon website doesn't show any timings for Sunday. Does that mean there wont be anything happening on Sunday and/or we will have top cut on Saturday?

mann so spots are limited for the masters division? thats gay as hell cuz theres gonna be a shit load of ppl and im like driving there and its a 16 hour drive for me. I dnt wana drive there and not be able to play

Nah it's specifically specified in the prize package that an Invite to play is included. Worlds has always been a closed event for TCG while Nats has always been open. I don't see why ours would be any different. Also I'd like to take this opportunity to blame Canada for stealing 4 of our invites. Thanks (Canada).
Blame Canada for stealing invites? We need invites too you know. While your at it, nag more and remember who gets free health care ;)

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
apparently 540 is the cap for the masters division!!! as long as you arrive early and preregister just the same, you shouldn't let yourself miss out to 500 other people.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
It's a soft cap. 540 are guaranteed, and anyone after that may or may not be turned away depending on space.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
But, Canada and The US are bigger than the 5 European countries that got VGC events, and there's a massive difference in the size of the playerbases so it is sort of comparable. I am honestly surprised that it's only 4 invites for US/Canada though, that's just my two cents though. I think it's honestly a transitional year for VGC, so maybe we're just going to have to bite our tongues about it this year, and hope they listen to feedback.

Invites cost nothing though, just saying.
If they actually wanted to make trips proportional to population, they'd probably do top 16 trips for US Nats. Rather unrealistic, but nevertheless 4 is a bit small.

That being said, I probably won't be attending.

I'm gonna be there rooming with Jhud

Just a question though, will someone whose 2-0 with battles seed higher than someone whose 2-0 with byes?

I'm gonna be there rooming with Jhud

Just a question though, will someone whose 2-0 with battles seed higher than someone whose 2-0 with byes?
The byes count as 100% Win if you get them from top 2 at regionals. If you two byes from them not showing up then it is going off of the opponent's win % throughout the whole tournament, meaning if he doesn't show round one or later then it will be 0%, or if you get a bye from there being an odd number of people it will be 0%.

In this case, it's almost certain that would happen. Remember though, the person with regionals byes could play people that end up losing all the rest of their matches (a 2-0 goes 2-6, a 3-0 goes 3-5, etc.) and that would completely destroy his resistance. However, I can guarantee you that any X-0s, X-1s, and X-2s (and most likely X-3) will make it into top cut with byes.

In this case, it's almost certain that would happen. Remember though, the person with regionals byes could play people that end up losing all the rest of their matches (a 2-0 goes 2-6, a 3-0 goes 3-5, etc.) and that would completely destroy his resistance. However, I can guarantee you that any X-0s, X-1s, and X-2s (and most likely X-3) will make it into top cut with byes.
I HIGHLY doubt X-3s will make it if they do a top 16 cut again. Remember, the attendance from Philly was about 160 seniors and 300 something masters alone. I have to assume on a Nationals level the attendance will be even larger.

Two points: I'm almost sure top cut at Nationals will be at least 32 for all divisions. An x-3 can make it in even it it's a top 16 though (kingofkongs last year), and in the rare chance this does happen, it will most likely be someone with byes. Your last sentence contradicts your first; there is no way we would have a top 16 if we have even bigger numbers than Regionals.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
1. People are staying in all sorts of different hotels. As far as we know, none of them have any discounts, but there are a ton of all different prices around.

2. Nationals will be swiss with a top cut.

3. Swiss rounds will take place Saturday and top cut will most likely take place toward the end of Saturday and Sunday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)