Pokewood the Metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I'm gonna make this simple because this is a whole new metagame we really don't know much about. It's not about making everything usable or exploring metagame concepts or really doing anything other than something stupid because it's awesome. I'm talking about Pokewood.

Each of the movies in Pokewood has a couple of weird items/actors/whatever that are used as special pokemon for it, and a metagame with these Pokemon would sure be interesting. Each of these Pokemon share Mew's 100 across the board stat spread, but with a variety of different typings and abilities. As of now, it seems like their legal movepool consists of Pound, but we still don't have a clear idea of what moves, if any they use in the filming of the actual movies, or while they're playing. In any case, a metagame involving these pokemon for the moment has some pretty prominent blanks that need to be filled in the forms of movepools and to a lesser extent, backsprites. This thread is meant to discuss these "new pokemon" and what would be the most fun/competitively viable way to work them into a metagame we can battle in. Without further ado, our stars are:

Brycenman Dark/Psychic with Levitate

UFO and UFO2 Electric/Flying and Electric/Psychic types with identical sprites and levitate

Mecha Tyranitar Pure Steel with Analytic

Mecha Tyranitar 2 Steel/Electric with Flash Fire

Time Machine Pure Steel with Motor Drive

Pink Zombie Thing Normal Type with Insomnia

Rapemonster predictably a Dark type with Pressure

Cute Little Robot Steel/Normal with Volt Absorb

Wondertomb

Clown Gate of Fire with Blaze

Clown Gate of Grass with Early Bird

Just A Normal Giant Lady with Huge Power

Less Cute Broken Robot Steel/Normal with Reckless

Fighter with Huge Power

There's also a bowtie Smeargle who is adorable but otherwise a regular smeargle.

Anyways, here we have about 15 new pokemon with respectable stat spread/typing/ability combos. Now let's see what they can do.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
can I lock this thread... I refuse to accept those as Pokemon. Their troll factor is MissingNo-worthy. WTF were you thinking, Pokemon Company.

can I lock this thread... I refuse to accept those as Pokemon. Their troll factor is MissingNo-worthy. WTF were you thinking, Pokemon Company.
you never played the pokemon yellow glitch metagame have you? Bird was an awesome STAB to have, but I can see it being more limited here with the Steel Tyranitars running around

Why can't those lady legs be more sexy and thin? Honestly, this stuff looks hilarious. I wonder how this is going to be implemented. xD
Edit: That bright green substitute is so cute.

What. The. Hell. Possesed Preschooler, Scary Door, Legs, and Brycen make apperances as pokemon. Ah hell Game Freak, let's make a Gamecube a pokemon while you're at the spree of bad ideas...Mecha Tyranitar looks awesome though, I'll give them that.

haha this is awesome.

oh btw the name for big gal legs is actually literally "giant office lady"

I'm more excited for the Rock / Psychic with Lightningrod.

But, again, with these new "pokemon" constantly coming out, there's bound to be some that are fake. IMO, even though I'm partially excited for these, most of the sprites look like they are from bad ROM hacks. Of course, we can assume that the names are fake, and I think the Rock / Electric and Steel / Psychic are too, looking at the animated sprites.

Just to make one thing clear, it's probably impossible to use these monsters on catridge, even with hacks. They don't have backsprites, since they're supposed to be enemies. However, since they definitely have BSTs and movepools, though we have no idea how diverse or limited the latter may be. I know two of the monsters on that tumblr post are pretty much definitely trainers (and that weird zombie uvulua tentacle eye thing definitely has pressure instead of sticky hold), but since it seems like everyone online has dropped the ball on this Pokewood/Pokestar Studios stuff until yesterday, there's still A LOT we don't know here, especially about the relationship between these pokemon and that weird hanging/bolted green screen thing.

Still unlike Missingno a lot of these pokemon should be competitive in OU if not ubers, though certainly from the case of Mew this generation it's obvious base 100 stats across the board isn't the ticket to insta-balanced domination it used to be (they're still much better than 135 attack and crap everything else). Since we're still waiting on competitive information, though, I'm wondering if anybody knows the most polite way to ask some of the talented spriters I know are on this forum (look at the CAPs) to make some backsprites for these monstrosities so once we know movepools and typings for all these we can start playing around with them on Showdown.

Oh yeah random useless spec: bowtie Smeargle has the same 100 stats across the board, sketch and technician. He will be so frickin awesome.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just to make one thing clear, it's probably impossible to use these monsters on catridge, even with hacks. They don't have backsprites, since they're supposed to be enemies. However, since they definitely have BSTs and movepools, though we have no idea how diverse or limited the latter may be. I know two of the monsters on that tumblr post are pretty much definitely trainers (and that weird zombie uvulua tentacle eye thing definitely has pressure instead of sticky hold), but since it seems like everyone online has dropped the ball on this Pokewood/Pokestar Studios stuff until yesterday, there's still A LOT we don't know here, especially about the relationship between these pokemon and that weird hanging/bolted green screen thing.

Still unlike Missingno a lot of these pokemon should be competitive in OU if not ubers, though certainly from the case of Mew this generation it's obvious base 100 stats across the board isn't the ticket to insta-balanced domination it used to be (they're still much better than 135 attack and crap everything else). Since we're still waiting on competitive information, though, I'm wondering if anybody knows the most polite way to ask some of the talented spriters I know are on this forum (look at the CAPs) to make some backsprites for these monstrosities so once we know movepools and typings for all these we can start playing around with them on Showdown.

Oh yeah random useless spec: bowtie Smeargle has the same 100 stats across the board, sketch and technician. He will be so frickin awesome.

im just wondering, is it possible to hack these pokemon into your party be using a fossil editor code like you could with the DPP hybrids? if so that would be a good way of researching them. Just spam rare candies to see if they learn any moves.

also, It is over, the metagame is finished, bowtie smeargle 2 gud ;_;

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i wonder... if theres some way to get these into the game they coudl have a pretty large impact on Balanced hackmons :o

lmao I approve, as long as none of these are allowed in Balanced Hackmons

Giant Office lady is fucking weird though... at least most of the other sprites look amazing (MECHA TYRANITAR!)

My, this is just so funny. I kinda doubt it would be possible to use stuff in game, even with hacks. That makes it especially odd such descriptive entities were put into the game, even if only as enemies. Not sure how good they would be, but it's really up to the discretion of the community if they could be included in a metagame or not.

I am skeptical about those "possessed trainers"
They flash extremely fast. considering their history with "electric solder porygon", I don't think those would be in-game.

I am skeptical about those "possessed trainers"
They flash extremely fast. considering their history with "electric solder porygon", I don't think those would be in-game.
You'll note none of those zombies (little girl/janitor/old man) appear in the random battles with Pokewood stuff shown in that youtube video, and that only everything starting with the UFO onwards has the 650+ numbering scheme that probably denotes these fakemons. I'm guessing like Brycen's spaceship (the first thing on that misc. sprites list) they're part of Pokewood cutscenes and you don't fight them. However, that still leaves the Time Machine, zombie dude, zombie tentacle penis thing, 2 regular robots, 2 broken ones, what everybody says looks like a garbodor evo, 2 clown doors, a blackbelt in red, some lady legs, bowtie smeargle and I guess maybe those greenscreen for a total of like 20 or so new Pokemon. If they all have BSTs, typings and abilities like we know of so far, even with crap movepools they're probably all more than viable, though of course with their stats and typing almost anything would be a viable threat ingame.

nah, i see it too

anyways, ill get out a BW2 ROM and see if i can do the fossil modifier thing later if i can
Just FYI apparently you get an error when you try to catch these guys in a Pokeball, though I guess that's why you'd use whatever this fossil modifier thing is? Anyways, if you're hacking in the data for these guys is probably right in line after the data for all the regular pokemon/forms, if the sprite data is anything to go by. Also I mean it's probably pretty safe to assume that these are all base 600/6 but especially Smeargle you should probably double check since unlike all the rest of these he existed beforehand. Good luck dude, though, I look forward to whatever we find out (and whatever decisions the dudes behind hackmons make/don't about these guys).

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Oh god. Please some brave soul find out what moves these things have. I will play this metagame purely for the lol factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)