Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamz

VGC 2011 Seniors Champion
Rumors have been going around that VGC will be getting more events such as city championships and state championships. Can anyone confirm it?

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Rumors have been going around that VGC will be getting more events such as city championships and state championships. Can anyone confirm it?
We don't know about city or state championships, but there are 3 different regional weekends instead of 2 next season.

Edit by JRank: 3 weekends not 3 regionals!

That is simply a rumor still. However, a few people are going to try to get more involved and make more local tournaments. That is the best way to begin convincing them to do cities and states for VGC, whether it is a rumor or not, they need a reason to. We have 300 players at our nationals, TCG has well over 1000.

Get more people involved, do some self-advertising. You can make a much larger impact than a lot of us can, since you can say "WORLD CHAMPION KAMZ". Get out there, promote VGC, and teach some people along the way. The more the merrier!

After reading about the three regionals here, I saw that the Fall regionals would be held on the 13th and 14th of October.

If it's going to be as predicted and only American BW2 carts will be allowed in use, then that effectively only gives us a week to prepare.

...ulp.

After reading about the three regionals here, I saw that the Fall regionals would be held on the 13th and 14th of October.

If it's going to be as predicted and only American BW2 carts will be allowed in use, then that effectively only gives us a week to prepare.

...ulp.
To be honest, one week to prepare is possibly enough time assuming you have spare time to play Pokémon. Since rules are most likely being released September, one just has to train and breed in a pre-B2W2 game and then just trade the Pokes over, possibly tutoring moves if necessary. Of course, knowing TPCi, Fall Regionals may not be run on B2W2.

I haven't been able to get on to the Skarmbliss VGC server of PO in the last couple days. The server just plainly won't show up on the server list. Is there a server problem or could someone hook me up with the IP for advanced connection? Thanks.

BTW, this is just a random idea, but I love ZachDro's post about getting people organized so to possibly start more tournaments and was wondering if anybody would also be willing to start a thread where people can talk about organizing local training sessions and exhibition tourneys?

Well, it's up right now.
Adv. Connection is 184.190.218.182:5080
Much obliged, sir.

Edit: Getting a new problem. So it connects to the server but everything is blank. No users, no chat, no Skarmbliss title. After about five minutes it just disconnects me. I tried reinstalling the program and it didn't help. Could it have something to do v2.0.05? I had no problems until I updated it. Thanks again guys.

Can I ask for someone to just double check my math for EV training? I must be doing something wrong.. 'o.o

A basculin is worth 2 speed ev points,
so if it is killed by the leader of my party, while holding macho brace, it is worth 4,
and since my whole team has the PKRS, it would make it 8 speed evs to the leader of the party and all those holding EXP SHARES. Each stat can have an effective max of 252, and a all together total of 510.

Is this correct? Because I have made spreadsheet, counted out every single basculine, herdier and stunfisk I have ko'd, with my leader already being max ev'd out and confirmed that "he cant try any harder", yet I have reached what should have been my limit, but was told they can try harder still, so I went out and got another 80ev points in each of the stats I was trying for, but alas, they can still try harder.

I am not sure where I went so wrong in my math, is it uber obvious to someone?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can I ask for someone to just double check my math for EV training? I must be doing something wrong.. 'o.o

A basculin is worth 2 speed ev points,
so if it is killed by the leader of my party, while holding macho brace, it is worth 4,
and since my whole team has the PKRS, it would make it 8 speed evs to the leader of the party and all those holding EXP SHARES. Each stat can have an effective max of 252, and a all together total of 510.

Is this correct? Because I have made spreadsheet, counted out every single basculine, herdier and stunfisk I have ko'd, with my leader already being max ev'd out and confirmed that "he cant try any harder", yet I have reached what should have been my limit, but was told they can try harder still, so I went out and got another 80ev points in each of the stats I was trying for, but alas, they can still try harder.

I am not sure where I went so wrong in my math, is it uber obvious to someone?
Macho Brace (and Power items) only applies to the Pokémon holding it. So the leader would gain 8 EVs per battle, but the Exp. Share holders would only get 4.

is a trick room/goodstuffs team still viable in this vgc meta?
Trick Room has always done me well, but I don't think it is as common as other strategies. Goodstuffs has dominated the format for a good while imo, commonly used and very powerful if used correctly.

Thanks for the quick answers;

Does anyone have a full team roster/spreads/moves that 'Ben' used in the UK VGC master's final?

it was based off gary oak mons

Much obliged, sir.

Edit: Getting a new problem. So it connects to the server but everything is blank. No users, no chat, no Skarmbliss title. After about five minutes it just disconnects me. I tried reinstalling the program and it didn't help. Could it have something to do v2.0.05? I had no problems until I updated it. Thanks again guys.
Yeah, one can't connect to Skarmbliss with v.2.0.05. It doesn't show up on the registry nor can you connect with advanced connection. Use an older version like 1.7 or something, because that works for me.

non-uber sun

I want to have a sun team that isn't uber, but I am stuck as to who i should have. So far, I have castform and Chlorophyll-Leavanny but i haven't got a clue as to who else i should have. Help me please?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I want to have a sun team that isn't uber, but I am stuck as to who i should have. So far, I have castform and Chlorophyll-Leavanny but i haven't got a clue as to who else i should have. Help me please?
When you mentioned Uber, were you referring to Smogon's tiers? If you're looking at the singles metagame, you'll want to check out this thread instead. Unless I misunderstood what you were trying to say, in which case I apologize.

Either way, most sun teams should have Drought Ninetales, and Castform is kinda bad so unless you have your heart set on using it you should probably replace it with something else.

I may have ask this but don't remember the answer if I did so here is it again what is the best way to get better besides using a simulator and how do I know if 2 Pokemon do well together on a team or 6 Pokemon thanks

O and i don't know where to put this looked everywhere so here it is can i change my username if so how and if someone has to do it for me can it be MrDudeSaysPokemon if that to big MrDudeSaysHi if thats to big then MrDude thanks agian

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I may have ask this but don't remember the answer if I did so here is it again what is the best way to get better besides using a simulator and how do I know if 2 Pokemon do well together on a team or 6 Pokemon thanks

O and i don't know where to put this looked everywhere so here it is can i change my username if so how and if someone has to do it for me can it be MrDudeSaysPokemon if that to big MrDudeSaysHi if thats to big then MrDude thanks agian
If you already have the Pokemon on your cart, you can play GBU Doubles, which follows the VGC 12 format (although the GBU also has BW2 moves/pokemon allowed, which aren't allowed in VGC 12). Other than that, you can watch battles on youtube from regionals and nationals, and you can also read our [url="http://www.smogon.com/bw/metagames/vgc2012]analyses[/url] to see how Pokemon work together on a team.

As for changing your username, I don't think that's possible at this time, although PMing an administrator would be your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)