Doctor Who

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
"I never know why, I only know who"

He seemed to have a pretty good idea of why he chose Amy though! ("the girl who didn't make sense... how could i resist?")

Which is pretty interesting because just like Captain Jack and Amy before her, souffle girl "doesn't make sense". Doctor who seems to like "impossible assistants?

Anyway, souffle girl is great. Not sure how I feel about the new opening or Tardis interior but I think they'll both grow on me. All I know is that I don't hate them.

Ah Dr. Who... One of my favourite series plainly because of the genious writing and great acting. I also like how the series give the writers a perfect playing field, you can write about anything anywhere at any time, and you can still retain continuity with regeneration while changing actors. It is like it was made to be long running. I really liked Tennant as the Doctor and Matt Smith does very well too. Daleks are as good as ever of course, and new enemies such as the angels and the silence are just pure genious. I hope this series continiues for a long time because it is not getting worse at this point :).

I wasn't too keen on the previous two Matt Smith Christmas Specials but the Snowmen was really great to me. I like Jenna-Louise Coleman as an actress more than Karen Gillian. Clara really has the spark and personality that shines through while Amy really didn't. I like the mystery with Clara which is sort of refreshing. There's an obvious mystery to her while the previous ones sort of build up a mystery about them.

I like the new title sequence went back to the old days of having the Doctor's head in it.

Okay bumping this thread because I just got into this series. I had no idea what it was about (or that the show has been going on since the 1960's) but my roommate suggested I watch it and now I'm hooked

Season 1 was really, really fantastic. I'm not sure where Chris Eccleston's ranks in terms of fan popularity but I really like his and Rose's chemistry. Also, Rose is absolutely adorable; she's not really attractive but I just want to take her home and pinch her cheeks or something ahgdahfadkf

Like I said, I didn't know the premise of the show so the season finale truly threw me for a loop. I'm kind of sad that Eccleston didn't stick around for another season. Also, Mickey is the most annoying piece of shit on the show so far

I didn't think I would like David Tennant but I really do. Just finished up the season 2 finale and that was damn near traumatizing. I know cycle the characters keeps the show fresh and interesting but damn, that was heartbreaking -_-

Swamped with schoolwork this month but hopefully I can get in a few episodes of season 3 soon.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Nope. He's sticking around for a while longer. I haven't actually seen him as the doctor yet. Only started watching recently.. Not sure how much I'm going to like him. Seems hard to live up to the Tennant.

Edit: Haven't read through this thread yet to see the opinions on it. You know, spoilers.

Okay bumping this thread because I just got into this series. I had no idea what it was about (or that the show has been going on since the 1960's) but my roommate suggested I watch it and now I'm hooked

Season 1 was really, really fantastic. I'm not sure where Chris Eccleston's ranks in terms of fan popularity but I really like his and Rose's chemistry. Also, Rose is absolutely adorable; she's not really attractive but I just want to take her home and pinch her cheeks or something ahgdahfadkf

Like I said, I didn't know the premise of the show so the season finale truly threw me for a loop. I'm kind of sad that Eccleston didn't stick around for another season. Also, Mickey is the most annoying piece of shit on the show so far

I didn't think I would like David Tennant but I really do. Just finished up the season 2 finale and that was damn near traumatizing. I know cycle the characters keeps the show fresh and interesting but damn, that was heartbreaking -_-

Swamped with schoolwork this month but hopefully I can get in a few episodes of season 3 soon.
Eccleston is a really underrated Doctor who doesn't get enough love. Everyone loves Tennant, and quite a lot of people love Smith, but Eccleston is still a great Doctor. He's definitely the most intense and the most emotional out of the three of them (series 1 episodes 9/10, the gas mask ones, are great)

Tennant's my favorite Doctor - actually, he's most people's favorite Doctor of the three since the revival. Series 3 has Blink, which is definitely my favorite episode.

Nope. He's sticking around for a while longer. I haven't actually seen him as the doctor yet. Only started watching recently. Not sure how much I'm going to like him. Seems hard to live up to the Tennant.

Edit: Haven't read through this thread yet to see the opinions on it. You know, spoilers.
It's definitely hard to live up to Tennant, but Smith is quirky and funny. Some people dislike him, some people love him to bits - it's all personal taste, of course.

I'm someone who thinks that Matt Smith is just an okay Doctor. He just really hasn't captured anything I think would make him a great Doctor to me. I have seen all the Doctors (not watch everything but seen stories of every one) and he doesn't even crack the top 5. And out of the recent three, he's the lowest to me. I don't think he's terrible but at the same time, he's not great.

At the least Matt Smith isn't the Professor (the 7th doctor, such a dick he liked being called a different name) you know those times the Doctor acts like a smart-ass and a douche, imagine that was an entire fucking Doctor in-carnate. If it wasn't for Ace I don't think I could stand to watch any of him.

I have recently been watching some old episodes, and man the old Doctors are fucking fantastic, especially the 3rd, there is great acting all around from even the minor characters. I highly suggest you watch some first season episodes though, because the 1st Doctor is so unlike any of the later regenerations, he literally gives no shits at all about humanity, the protagonists are his companions, not him, all he does is ferry them around. Instead of saving time he merely observes it, he is also a man on the run from the time lord, which at this point are the shit. That might sound odd, but man after watching the Doctor save the world 100 times, seeing him act pretty chill when humans are being sacrificed in front of him is refreshing. Hell he even teaches a man how to paralyze another man in a fight so he can win just for the possibility to get back to the Tardis.

Totally agree with your first comment ace is amazing, rivals river as my favorite companion.

I loved the episodes at the circus in that season, the best.

(Though the prof isn't that bad tbh)

I would put the 7th Doctor as one of my top 5 and like what he was adding to the characterization of the Doctor. If the series wasn't cancelled and allow him to develop, he would have been a great Doctor. I really like the 3rd Doctor as well.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
!!! My friend forced me into watching this. I am now on season 4. Donna is great.

Overall idk if it's my favorite show of all time but it definitely isn't bad. Very good characters! I don't know how I missed this thread completely the first time it came around.

Personally as a pretty intense Whovian, I am looking forward to Matt Smith taking stage right and an artful exit. However, that will mean that the Doctor will be moving one regeneration closer to the dreaded 13th regeneration. That is when the show was originally supposed to end. That in mind, with Moffat's skirting around inconvenient details of old lore, we should see that particular clause written around.
I love the Oswin character quite a lot, as she is a brilliant breath of fresh air after so long of Amy and Rory the cardboard cutouts. Nice to see something new.
Tennant was the best, Eccleston was just fantastic. It took a long time for Matt Smith to grow on me...but he finally did.
Has everyone here seen the Rowan Atkinson Doctor Who parody?

http://doctorwho.tumblr.com/post/46668483053/doctor-who-announces-all-star-cast-for-50th

"Ahead of tonight’s premiere, Doctor Who has today revealed some of the all-star cast that will mark the 50th anniversary. David Tennant and Billie Piper will join current Doctor and companion, Matt Smith and Jenna-Louise Coleman, while John Hurt (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Alien, Harry Potter) will also co-star.

Last seen as the Doctor on January 1st 2010, this will be the first time Tennant has reprised his role as the Tenth Doctor. During his reign as the Time Lord, Tennant appeared in three series as well as several specials. He was first revealed as the Doctor in the 2005 series finale, ‘The Parting of the Ways’.

Meanwhile Billie Piper, who played companion Rose Tyler for two series following the reboot in 2005, will appear in the show for the first time since featuring in Tennant’s last episode, ‘The End of Time’ in 2010.

Also confirmed to join the cast is John Hurt who will also co-star in the 3D anniversary special that will form part of blockbuster celebrations later this year."

New series 1st episode just finished.

It wasn't the worst, wasn't the best. Leads us on that the client will have a bigger part to play later on in the series.

This series will basically be about discovering who/what Clara is, hopefully culminating upon the fields of Trenzalore, where silence will fall.

Episode just finished, and I don't know whether to feel furious or content. It was an enjoyable episode, so yay, but the actual concept was rather poor. First off, it seems like Doctor Who are trying to "keep up" by having wi-fi as the main theme, but really it's pretty much bullshit about the wifi harvesting souls, and stuff, I'm pretty cross that the main enemy is fucking wifi. I think Oswald is an alright character, better than, say, Martha or Billie Piper, but she doesn't really seem any different from the rest (besides the fact that she's got something strange about her and she's possibly not human). The episode was very predictable.

And yeah ThatsMyLatios, I noticed the missing 23 but I didn't really think anything of it.

Crux

Banned deucer.
Eh, I enjoyed the episode for what it was.

The 23 thing is obviously foreshadowing, as is the great intelligence or w/e it was called.

Also Amelia Williams <33333

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)