Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gardevoir is a Fairy-Type now? AWWWWW YEAAAAAHHHHH!
I was just thinking about that yesterday, thank you so goddamn much for this Gamefreak.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Okay, so do you guys think Pokemon Direct will give us new stuff tonight?
Dear god this is amazing stuff though; Noivern looks really cool, though it'd depend on its Speed tier to determine how good it is.

Being of the dragon egg group doesn't mean you MUST be a dragon type.

just ask the Charmander Line, The treecko line, Seviper, Feebas line(lol), and the scraggy line.

They can quite easily retconn altaria without changing its egg group.
I know that... But like Flygon not being in the group, Altaria always has been, and I think that Altaria has absolutely NO resemblance to ANY dragon whatsoever.

Alright, different question.

Anyone else notice the differences in wild encounters?

For Pancham, it was "a wild Pancham appeared!," but for the Helioptile it was "the Helioptile you stepped on attacked!"

What? Does this means we may have some roaming encounters we can actually see?

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
"Popular perception" has no bearing on how fairies will be portrayed in this game. So far, we have seen exactly one fairy type made exclusively for this generation. They may decide to go the Disney route, they may not. Why not wait and see what this type is about?
We also have Marill, Gardevoir, Jigglypuff. Fact check
and I didn't say otherwise. It was a fairly personal opinion.

And as for why it's "Fairy" and not "Lunar" or "Magic" or "Light"...Think about it. There are almost no physical properties with Lunar, Magic, and Light. You can maybe decide Light is strong to Dark, but you won't get much further than that when you try to decide what these types are weak to, what they resist, etc.

According to lore, fairies are weak to iron...so we have a steel weakness off the bat. Other franchises have them weak to poison or pollution (a la Fern Gully), so there's another weakness. Try to come up with weaknesses for Lunar, Magic, or Light that are that obvious and that make that much sense.
I do not recall ever posting about having a problem with fairy's type chart. The only problem I have is with the Dragon Super Effective drama, which has zero precedence. Please do not put words in my mouth.

Well...... I hear it's super effective against Dragon...

If it is resistant/immune to Dragon as well I'll probably quit this game, that would just be going too far. I hate being one of the first to complain (I've actually been enjoying X&Y until now...) but I never even believed Dragon was OP anyway, just among the best Types if not the best... and Hydreigon is easy enough to check as is -_-'

Edit: Ninja'd? .-. people are excited..

I'm calling you a (BAN ME PLEASE). Deal with that. Since you clearly don't know/didn't google Ad Hominem.

We also have Marill, Gardevoir, Jigglypuff. Fact check
and I didn't say otherwise. It was a fairly personal opinion.

I do not recall ever posting about having a problem with fairy's type chart. The only problem I have is with the Dragon Super Effective drama, which has zero precedence. Please do not put words in my mouth.
You said, "Couldn't they have gone with a snazzier name like 'Lunar' or 'Mystic'?" which is what I was responding to.

And calling me a "(BAN ME PLEASE)"...wow. You have no sense of irony, do you? I'm done here.

LET'S DISCUSS THE POKE-AMIE SHALL WE

what do you guys think will be the use of it practically, if there is one? it seems like it'll increase happiness, but do you think it'll be able to increase stats or levels or something a la pokewalker? will it be immediately accessible, or need to be unlocked? will there be mini-games attached, like nintendogs?

SO MANY QUESTIONSSS
It'll probably be just be another cute gimmick (And a way for the lonely Pokemon fans to touch Gardevoir). I can picture it affecting the Pokemon's happiness levels but not much else.

Valiere said:
According to lore, fairies are weak to iron...so we have a steel weakness off the bat. Other franchises have them weak to poison or pollution (a la Fern Gully, or just generally considering fairies an embodiment of nature), so there's another weakness.
I'd rather think of them as being weak to SCIENCE!!!

Well...... I hear it's super effective against Dragon...

If it is resistant/immune to Dragon as well I'll probably quit this game, that would just be going too far. I hate being one of the first to complain (I've actually been enjoying X&Y until now...) but I never even believed Dragon was OP anyway, just among the best Types if not the best... and Hydreigon is easy enough to check as is -_-'

Edit: Ninja'd? .-. people are excited..
If you think Hydreigon is the most problematic dragon, you should take another look.

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Personally, I just think the Dragon fanboys are butthurt.
Also, was anyone else amused that Tyranitar was one of the examples for Pokemon-Amie? With how it was shunted off to the end of the game it was introduced in with virtually no-one using it throughout the series, I almost thought Nintendo was ashamed of it.

Edit: I'm a little worried about the (rumoured) lack of resistances to Fairy. Fire isn't the best defensive type and Psychic is easily dealt with using a coverage move.
As long as Fairy is only resisted by Fire and Psychic, then Fairy + Ghost + Ground = perfect coverage

Fairy + Ghost already have almost perfect coverage, being only resisted by Heatran; add a Ground-type move to deal with the latter (or Fighting or Water if you want to avoid Air Balloon-related situations) and nothing will resist the combination.

Also, if Fairy is really going to be immune to Dragon, no longer Dragon + Fire will be perfect coverage, since it will be resisted by any Fairy-type with a secondary type that resists Fire (Water, Fire, Rock, and even Dragon itself)

This is, of course, assuming that Fairy will have the type matchups presented on the above type chart. I hope that this isn't true, as I do not want Fairy to be weak against those very uncommon types (although I seriously want Fairy to be at least neutral against Steel - Steel do not need more resistances)

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
I wonder about the whole Pokémon Amie thing. Since it makes your Pokémon "happy", it seems that this could be the new bonding mechanic that was mentioned long ago. If it is, probably we'll get Sylveon from it.

Although… I hope it won't turn into a bunch of perverts trying to turn it into Pokémon Petite Amie. (Those of you who speak French should know what I mean)

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
You said, "Couldn't they have gone with a snazzier name like 'Lunar' or 'Mystic'?" which is what I was responding to.
Which part of "opinion" do you not understand.

And calling me a "(BAN ME PLEASE)"...wow. You have no sense of irony, do you? I'm done here.
Good. Stay away.

---
I wonder about the whole Pokémon Amie thing. Since it makes your Pokémon "happy", it seems that this could be the new bonding mechanic that was mentioned long ago. If it is, probably we'll get Sylveon from it.

Although… I hope it won't turn into a bunch of perverts trying to turn it into Pokémon Petite Amie. (Those of you who speak French should know what I mean)
LOL. I get that.

I really, really do hope they do not make stuff amie exclusive. Competitively doesn't make much of a difference but it would become a pain in the ass ingame. But the idea holds a ton of potential.

Pokemon Little Girlfriend?!?!? FTW!?

if gardevoir and lopunny are allowed, you can guarantee it.

if gardevoir and lopunny are allowed, you can guarantee it.
Tehehehe.... Boys are so gross. Why?

Anyway... I think that the color scheme of Sylveon is a hidden code. Look at the minor transition from the first color of her ribbon. Pink-Blue. Dragon, when you look at how types are listed in game ( gen III gen IV gen V ).

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Fairy being immune to dragon sounds really OP and improbable.
Well, why not? I do not think that it sounds OP, as long as they make Fairy weak to other common types, like Dark (would encourage people that use Hydreigon to use Dark Pulse), Electric (would encourage people that use Dragons to use more Electric-type coverage, this time not only to cover bulky Water-types) or even better, Fire (most Dragon-types already use Fire-type attacks to achieve perfect coverage on everything but Heatran).

It would be a good thing to stop these "spam Outrage/Draco Meteor" things.

Also, according to the rumor, Fairy will only have this immunity and will have no resistances. This means that simply overwhelming them with neutral STAB attacks should defeat them. However, I fear what will happen if a physical or special wall gets a Fairy type. What if Blissey becomes Fairy? It will once again be the best special wall and both her and Chansey will probably be capable of walling a huge portion of Pokémon.

what about the lesbians? c:

uhm... sylv's been confirmed faerie if that's what you mean?
Haha... Very funny. Boys take things too far. Lesbians... don't have those THINGS guys have.

No... I was inferring that Sylveon could have something more to do with Dragons. Kinda like Effectiveness or something more. ;)

If Sylveon gets the 130 speed, it could definitely be a fearsome Dragon revenger. A new type is especially exciting and the rumored full typing of Fairy allows for some much need balance adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)