Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - The Smog Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hmm, I'm not sure what could've happened there, but I'll check into it. Thanks!

Edit: For the life of me, I can't figure out where these problems are.. Do you have a specific link to a page?

Last edited:
@MoxieInfinite if one of the OI players wants to then they will that's how this webizine works. Anyone can write articles and when they have an idea, and are willing to put the time in to write up and implement gp checks to their article. Its not like "there is an article spot open for any OI player that wants to write about PMD Sky" does that make sense?

Is the Article Approvals forum supposed to be set so that people without permission to see the posts can't see the forum itself? I posted about this in the IS new forums thread already, but currently I think it is unless others can still see it (picture below) and the link seems to be going to the you don't have permission to see this page:

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You don't see it if you're logged out, but should if your logged in. I had someone without access check and it appears to be fine now. I don't know why it wasn't there.

Huh that's weird because I still can't see it right now, and I'm definitely logged in. I guess it's probably a problem on my end then.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Iirc it's a problem with your primary usergroup. You might have to ask Joim to fix it unless he does a mass fix. This is a problem for some badgeholders I think.

I meant the Catch and Evolve tourneys frequent on Showdown! I was considering attempting to contribute an article to the Smog on that format! The archive link was very useful! Thanks!

What exactly is Catch and Evolve? I've seen one of those pop up but have no clue what they are.
From what I can tell, the rules might change a little bit, but the basic idea most of the time is you start out with a given first-stage Pokemon and if you win you take a Pokemon from your opponent and evolve one of the Pokemon on your team. I googled it, and there's a bunch of old brackets on challonge.com with rules similar to that.

Hi guys I'm new here, and I don´t know if i´m asking this on the right place, so if not, tell me where should I be asking this please. My problem is that i want to use that X-Act IV to PID thing to discover my SID in Emerald but the link (http://users.smogon.com/X-Act/IVtoPID.html) is broken or something like that, and i wanted to know if someone can do anything about it, or explain to me why I can´t use it.

Thankyou for your time.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Unlikely, as X-Act has left the forum and has not been active recently. There is a chance, but I doubt it.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hi guys I'm new here, and I don´t know if i´m asking this on the right place, so if not, tell me where should I be asking this please. My problem is that i want to use that X-Act IV to PID thing to discover my SID in Emerald but the link (http://users.smogon.com/X-Act/IVtoPID.html) is broken or something like that, and i wanted to know if someone can do anything about it, or explain to me why I can´t use it.

Thankyou for your time.
You can catch a Pokemon in your file, transfer it to gen IV and then use pokecheck to find your SID.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
There's no set deadline, but Trivia is usually done at the last second possible, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)