1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - The Smog Edition

Discussion in 'The Smog' started by sandshrewz, Apr 7, 2013.

1. sandshrewz

sandshrewz POTATO
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Btw the archive can be found here :)
  2. Idiotesque

Idiotesque

Lady Salamence, I looked at the subforum for what (I think) is for posting article ideas and awaiting permission. However, the subforum is empty and I just want to make sure I have been looking at the right one before I decide to post there? (I know something similar was asked but I'm just checking if this is in fact the forum in question)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/article-approvals.216/ <- this is where I was looking
  3. AOPSUser

AOPSUser

The forum is private to you, the Smog staff, and super mods and admins. You cannot see anyone else's ideas and they cannot see yours.

And yes, that is the forum you want.
  4. KingHeracrossTheBug

KingHeracrossTheBug

When will the next ask the admins be?
  5. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

There is not currently a date, but there is a plan to do them eventually when some problems are worked out, to the best of my knowledge.
  6. CtBrokenButtons

CtBrokenButtons

i know this may sound dumb but can anyone help figure out a team that can work with krookidile? =/
  7. Kingler12345

Kingler12345 COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE STARTS WITH C
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Wrong place to ask about this. You can either ask in the SQSA of the mentorship program or in the competitive discussion sqsa (not sure about the latter so should probably go with the former). The Smog SQSA is for questions related to the smog only :)
  8. blizzardy

blizzardy Link Together With All
    is a Pre-Contributor

Do all articles have to be strictly Pokemon related? Say, if someone wanted to write an article about another game/show/movie and relate it back to Pokemon. Would that be ok?
  9. Kingler12345

As long as it's Pokemon-related in a way, I'm pretty sure you're allowed to use it n_n you can submit your idea in article approvals and a lot of times, smog staff will help you out as well.
    Hope this helped.
    edit- get rekd Rohail
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    blizzardy likes this.
  10. Rohail

Rohail Vaporeon <3

Well, to my experience, articles do have to have something to do with Pokemon. For example, you can't just be talking about Beyblade, but if you compare Beyblade to Pokemon, it might get approved. I hope this answered your question, and sorry if it didn't :)

Edit: ugh, ninja'd by a Crawdaunt wannabe :(
    Hulavuta and blizzardy like this.
  11. skysyk

skysyk

is there a full pdf or a complete html-version (so no clicking on every single article) ?
  12. Kingler12345

No.
  13. gust_r

gust_r

i really dont know where to post this but here seems more suitable: as the smog awards voting method changed, will i have to vote again or my votes still count?
  14. sandshrewz

sandshrewz POTATO
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

It's an entirely different round altogether :p the previous one was for nominations. Currently you vote for people who were successfully nominated in the previous round. This voting will determine each category winner.
  15. Scannell24

Scannell24

Hello all, first post.

I am building up a mono bug team at the moment and was trying to find the best way to train them. I understand the concepts of EV/IV training but I'm worried what I'm trying to do won't apply the EVs.

I'll use an example: I have my Shuckle, right nature, IVs, and maxed out EVs for defenses and HP. Now I just need to get it to lvl100.

Now that the EV's are maxed out can I just throw it into the daycare and bike in circles around the Eiffel (cough Lumiose) Tower to level it up? Or will the EVs not get applied as was the case in previous generations?

I did manually level it up a bit but the massive +50HP jump per level-up that I would've expected from previous generations did not occur.

So I guess my general question is: Once a pokemon has maxed out EVs, how is it applied to the stats?
  16. melvni

melvni
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This is not the right forum for asking questions like this. This forum is for issues relating to "The Smog", a web magazine written on Smogon. However, to answer your question, as was the case in Gen V, EVs are applied at the end of a battle instead of at level up like they were in Gens I-IV. This means you no longer get to see those huge level jumps but comes with the benefit of being able to EV train at level 100.
  17. sandshrewz

sandshrewz POTATO

Yea melvni is right. Anyway since the question has already been answered I'm merging it with the SQSA thread~
  18. TRC

TRC regal
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

Is HTML done for an article after the artwork has been drawn and posted, or after the GP checks, and then with the artwork edited in?
  19. Flora

Flora Yep, that tasted purple!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

HTML is done after the grammar is done. Art can be done whenever usually, but asap would be ideal of course. Artwork that is already done will be put into the HTML, and if the art isn't done, we wait until the art is done and we'll edit the art into the HTML.
    TRC likes this.
  20. jynx

jynx

What can you do if you are skipped after signing up in Battling 101 mentorship program?
    (Other than waiting for next round)
  21. Bummer

Bummer .etiuq ooT
    is an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Art Co-Leader

Try asking in this thread instead, or jump by #mentor on IRC for some instant feedback.
  22. Dododoggy

Dododoggy

What is an easy way to get involved in the smog?
  23. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Just post an article idea of yours in Article Approvals, assuming it follows the guidelines!
  24. Bummer

Bummer .etiuq ooT
    is an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Art Co-Leader

Or become a decently good artist.

Worked for me. :M
  25. Redew

Redew
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

OR if you know HTM then PM Toast++ or Setsuna and then listen from there.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)