1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - The Smog Edition

Discussion in 'The Smog' started by sandshrewz, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Toast++

Toast++ Buttery Slut
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

Hmm, I'm not sure what could've happened there, but I'll check into it. Thanks!

Edit: For the life of me, I can't figure out where these problems are.. Do you have a specific link to a page?
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  2. MoxieInfinite

MoxieInfinite

Will the OI Players review PMD Sky soon? Or any other game?
  3. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude "The Phone-Post King"
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Mentor

@MoxieInfinite if one of the OI players wants to then they will that's how this webizine works. Anyone can write articles and when they have an idea, and are willing to put the time in to write up and implement gp checks to their article. Its not like "there is an article spot open for any OI player that wants to write about PMD Sky" does that make sense?
  4. Yuy

Yuy

I like The Smog a lot. That is all.
  5. emboarrocks

emboarrocks

This is probably a really stupid question but who do I message for the Trivia answers?
  6. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence is a three-dimensional retard.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

7. melvni

melvni
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Is the Article Approvals forum supposed to be set so that people without permission to see the posts can't see the forum itself? I posted about this in the IS new forums thread already, but currently I think it is unless others can still see it (picture below) and the link seems to be going to the you don't have permission to see this page:

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  8. Toast++

Toast++ Buttery Slut
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

You don't see it if you're logged out, but should if your logged in. I had someone without access check and it appears to be fine now. I don't know why it wasn't there.
  9. melvni

melvni

Huh that's weird because I still can't see it right now, and I'm definitely logged in. I guess it's probably a problem on my end then.
  10. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Iirc it's a problem with your primary usergroup. You might have to ask Joim to fix it unless he does a mass fix. This is a problem for some badgeholders I think.
  11. iStockphoto

iStockphoto

Smogon's Search page is down. Has there been a Smog article on Catch and Evolve?
  12. Lady Salamence

is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

What do you mean by Catch and Evolve?
  13. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Not really sure what you meant either. You might want to check here? http://smogon.com/smog/archive
  14. iStockphoto

iStockphoto

I meant the Catch and Evolve tourneys frequent on Showdown! I was considering attempting to contribute an article to the Smog on that format! The archive link was very useful! Thanks!
  15. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Deer Lord
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

What exactly is Catch and Evolve? I've seen one of those pop up but have no clue what they are.
    Empoleon_master likes this.
  16. melvni

melvni

From what I can tell, the rules might change a little bit, but the basic idea most of the time is you start out with a given first-stage Pokemon and if you win you take a Pokemon from your opponent and evolve one of the Pokemon on your team. I googled it, and there's a bunch of old brackets on challonge.com with rules similar to that.
    Empoleon_master likes this.
  17. Migalhinhas

Migalhinhas

Hi guys I'm new here, and I don´t know if i´m asking this on the right place, so if not, tell me where should I be asking this please. My problem is that i want to use that X-Act IV to PID thing to discover my SID in Emerald but the link (http://users.smogon.com/X-Act/IVtoPID.html) is broken or something like that, and i wanted to know if someone can do anything about it, or explain to me why I can´t use it.

Thankyou for your time.
  18. Lady Salamence

It broke when we changed the forum.
  19. Migalhinhas

Migalhinhas

Will it be fixed?
  20. Lady Salamence

Unlikely, as X-Act has left the forum and has not been active recently. There is a chance, but I doubt it.
  21. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

You can catch a Pokemon in your file, transfer it to gen IV and then use pokecheck to find your SID.
  22. LilOuOn

LilOuOn

When is the deadline for the Trivia?
  23. Lady Salamence

There's no set deadline, but Trivia is usually done at the last second possible, just in case.
  24. Hollymon

Hollymon

How often does each issue come out?
  25. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego This is what is technically known as a Firecat
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Mentor

We should be releasing this next issue within a couple days. We aim to release once a month
    Empoleon_master and Hulavuta like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)