Nintendo 2DS

That is ugly and awkward-looking.

I sorta wish they'd had this earlier. I can't see the 3D. Then again this is so ugly...

Also there's practically zero point buying the 2DS here when the games are gonna cost $70 anyways lol...

eta: In fairness it's a good concept and will probably do well, I'm just bitter because I was dumb and bought my 3DS at launch (would be ok with this, didn't expect the price drop that early but knew there'd be the extra versions and so on) at Australian launch price (not ok with this) and then Animal Crossing and the other games I wanted to buy were hella delayed (this is why :<). For those thinking about getting this that wouldn't be willing to buy a 3DS, great console with good library (especially if you include the DS library), would recommend to p much anyone.

Last edited:

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus

#2DS2FURIOUS

On a more serious note the hardware looks like the indestructible shit Gameboys were made out of. In which case it's a plus. Not sure about the screen size tho.

Atm, I plan on buying it. I still have not got a 3DS and I need to get seomthing for X/Y. Considering I never really cared for the 3D anyway, this is perfect for what I want. Do they have official dimensions of the system yet?

If the 2DS was $100 then it would have been the perfect economic version of the 3DS. I'm still probably going to get this tho.
PS: It will be great for playing the upcoming Smash Bros.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Screens have been confirmed to be the size of the regular 3DS.
Ah... Okay... maybe I was justified in buying my 3DSXL then... Screw going back to a tiny screen. My DSiXL has spoiled me so badly lol. I would of gotten this if it had the 3DS sized screens and it had been known about sooner.

I won't lie, after seeing some of the above pictures, I am tempted to get one solely for use as an axe head...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)