Power-Twist - V3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
And how will technician work? Will it be taking into consideration the new generated values from the meta or the original ones?
I'm assuming the new generated values, otherwise you'd have insane BP for moves that already became amazing as of this meta.

EV

Banned deucer.
^Abilities will function as normal. Technician did kinda get the short end, except for Triple Kick and Double Hit, and unless priority moves go back to normal.

Sheer Force, for instance, stays the same. Nidoking loves its new physical STAB Poison Sting boosted by Sheer Force, but will have to rely on the special Mud-slap for Ground-type STAB (which is not Sheer Force boosted).

Last edited:
Would it be safe to assume that moves with a Base Power that sees no use (OHKO moves, Mirror Coat, Counter, Metal Burst, Psywave, Seismic Toss, Night Shade, Dragon Rage, etc.) still function the same way they do normally?

Also, what about Explosion, Self Destruct, and V-Create? Their Base Power is above 150.

Constrict would be amazing on the things that get it. 141 power and a chance of slowing down the target.

^Abilities will function as normal. Technician did kinda get the short end, except for Triple Kick and Double Hit, and unless priority moves go back to normal.

Sheer Force, for instance, stays the same. Nidoking loves its new physical STAB Poison Sting boosted by Sheer Force, but will have to rely on the special Mud-slap for Ground-type STAB (which is not Sheer Force boosted).
Mud-Slap is sheer force boosted, it has 100% chance of reducing the enemy's accuarcy.

EV

Banned deucer.
Oh yeah. I guess I was thinking it was a primary effect, not secondary. Well all the better for Nidoking!

Jaiho

bandy legged troll
A couple more things that could be cool in this meta:

Skarmory is even better of a physical wall now, with STAB peck being awesome, and hazard support to help destroy sun teams. It also walls every chlorophyll sweeper lacking HP fire to hell and back.

Choice banded Azumarill 2HKO's every commonly used OU pokemon bar bulky gyarados, toxic stall toxicroak, and crocune. And this is without hazards! Azumarill might just be a little broken...

Sharpedo is in a similar boat as Azumarill, but trades coverage and raw power for amazing speed.

Specs Kingdra in the rain 2HKO's everything bar the blobs and Empoleon in the rain, but is rather vulnerable outside of it

gg sun

Sun could be good! Venusaur gets sludge, mud slap, and absorb. Pretty strong. Everything hits so hard though, maybe you could increase all base HP stats by 10 or something to make the threats not as broken. I'm or sure how to beat a nidoking with incinerate, mud slap, and poison sting without outspeeding and KOing or priority. Everything is 2HKOed except stuff like crobat and aerodactyl who die to icy wind.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Your answer's right there. If Nidoking runs mixed it's best to work with maximum power as 85 speed is quite average, unless you run scarf by which you forfeit some power over LO SF. And even then there are better scarfers out there.

Infernape gets a fancy new movepool too. It's also unique because it's the only mon with all of: Nasty Plot, Swords Dance, Mach Punch and Vacuum wave. Meaning Infernape can run a sweeping set from either special stat WITH priority, it can run a mixed set with both stabs from either stat (previously, it's best bet was CC+fire move, which would be either Flare Blitz or Overheat, now it can use Vacuum Wave+Flame Charge, or Mach Punch+Incinerate etc), It can also run Double Kick, a move that breaks subs, plus whichever priority it wants. It has several buffed up moves: Aerial Ace, Mud Shot, Rollout, Rock Smash (stronger each turn as it lowers defense), Acrobatics, even U-turn and Thunderpunch. It's going to be sooo good in this meta.

With Mud-Slap's 130 BP and accuracy drop this is gonna be the best move in the meta hands down and will probably need banning because nothing is more haxxy than accuracy/evasion shenanigans. Not to forget how good an offensive type Ground is. Atleast levitators and flyers are immune to it.

EDIT: On second thought, all those moves that are unable to miss (Aerial Ace, Swift, Faint Attack, Shockwave,...) actually have 90 BP now and can overcome Mud Slap. Still, you might be sacrificing 30-40 BP just to handle Mud-Slap users.

Return/Frustration definitely need a ban. Even in a meta where the top moves are ~126 BP, a 150 BP Return/Frustration is too powerful.

Return/Frustration definitely need a ban. Even in a meta where the top moves are ~126 BP, a 150 BP Return/Frustration is too powerful.
Don't worry, Return/Frustration and HP stay the same. Anything contingent on HP (Seismic Toss/Nightshade/Final Gambit/Wring Out), Speed (Gyro Ball), Weight (Heat Crash, Heavy Slam, Grass Knot, Low Kick), happiness, IVs, etc etc function as normal.

Pikachuun

I'm still waiting for this to be implemented; I even have a team set up and everything :/

In my opinion, you should consider dropping the 150 BP moves altogether in order to make the other moves multiples of 5. Everything ending with a 1 or 6 looks very wierd, and in the end, all you really miss out on are Hyper Beam and its equivalents in exchange for more divisible base power with your moves. Its mostly aesthetics but these are just my thoughts.

EDIT: Bug Bite does not double in power if the opponent has a Berry btw

EV

Banned deucer.
I thought about rounding to the nearest 5, but I didn't want to arbitrarily alter the base power solely for aesthetics.

Just look at it this way, the extra 1 point might be what it takes for certain Pokemon to squeeze out a clean KO where previously it couldn't. :D

On another note, I'm still undecided on priority. Should I keep that the same as before? Again, don't want to be arbitrary, but if it's what it takes to make this playable, I won't worry too much.

Also, good catch on Bug Bite. I will edit when I'm on laptop.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Working on implementing this, but I have work and I have to cook clean and generally support my own well LIFE. lol, so don't worry, I'm working on this, but probably not until next week or later/earlier will it be done.

Reactions: EV

Pikachuun

Priority could have a different system entirely, but that's just my overcomplicated solution.

EV

Banned deucer.
I forgot to mention OiawesomeDG was my first contact about this, so yeah he may get it up on his server.

What if priority wasn't priority anymore but still got the new base power?

EDIT: Bug Bite does not double in power if the opponent has a Berry btw
Weird, Veekun is usually pretty reliable, but it lists Bug Bite / Pluck as doubling in those instances, but Bulbapedia and Smogon do not. This may require some absolute confirmation, but I'm inclined to believe Veekun is in the wrong here, as I had never heard of that effect until I made that list (based on Veekun).

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
As far as I know from experience in battling Bug Bite only removes the opponent's berry, kind of like Incinerate. It never doubles in power.

I can see Acid spray being a bit OP here, a 111 BP with a 100% chance to lower special defense by two. Not to mention the fastest user of it (Accelgor) has base 145 speed so it'll be able to out speed most of the meta
Even the blobs may have problem with this move, although this will make steel types more common.

Accelgor also gets a nice 131 BP draining move in leech life, which also gets STAB and other great moves such as Mud slap, Quick attack, Pursuit, feint (although its Physical attack isn't the greatest) and struggle bug. So it could run a nice Specs set, or utilize a great ability in Unburden and use Gems for a good first move and a speed boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)