Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me wonder how they will animate it walking. Wagging from side to side?
You just made me like Chespin2 100x more! I REALLY needed that, thank you! (Don't take it as sarcasm, I really mean it)
Ugh, Pyroar has Unnerve and Rivalry. Such terrible abilities.
Well, it's ok for ingame runs. Personally I'm tired of gym leaders running Oran/Sitrus berries on their key poke :/

Oh Pyroar, you're making me absolutely need to do a second playthrough just so I can use you when I'm not using Torchic. Of all the gens to do that event, why the one with all the great fire types? Still want a better ability for ya though. Reckless/Rock head clone? Adaptability? Scrappy?

Also, since I missed Xerneas in ubers talk, Arceus-Poison and/or Arceus-Steel will start being more effective, and Blaziken will be a great steel remover. Though it'll have to Flare Blitz Xerneas, and I hate recoil moves so so so so so much.

They can still allow you to obtain hidden abilities in other ways. It seems somewhat likely that they will release the gen 2 and 5 starters with their hidden abilities sometime soon, as you can already get Torchic and the Kanto starters. Speaking of Unova gimmicks, I wonder what will happen to Deerling and Sawsbuck's forms in XY. I doubt seasons are returning.
back up a moment, why do you think the Kanto starters in XY have their hidden abilities? Did I miss something orr

No, he just means that since the Kanto starters are available in general, along with Gen 6 and Gen 3 (I doubt they'll keep it to limited to just Torchic), it wouldn't be unlikely for them to throw in Gens 2, 4, and 5 starters somehow. Likely with their hidden abilities.

EDIT: Speaking of hidden abilities, I think the best way to go about it would just be to have wild/received pokemon have a small percent chance of having their hidden ability, say 20%. We haven't seen anything about DW or Hidden Grottos so that's the only way I can think of.

Okey, Now I´m decided!

-First play Mono Elec
-Second play, 3 Kalos starters + generic bird + mandatory capture pokes / Giant Lizard themed team
-Third play, Charmander, Totodile, Treecko, Chimchar, Snivy, Froakie

Well, it's ok for ingame runs. Personally I'm tired of gym leaders running Oran/Sitrus berries on their key poke :/
Don't worry, gym leaders use potion type items, not held items that could so easily be corrupted by your evil methods of knock off or unnerve..

Something tells me that Fennekin's final evolution will be Fire / Grass. We can see that it a stick is growing out of its tail--and it's Pokedex entry (pokemon.com official description) says that Fennekin loves eating sticks.

Something tells me that Fennekin's final evolution will be Fire / Grass. We can see that it a stick is growing out of its tail--and it's Pokedex entry (pokemon.com official description) says that Fennekin loves eating sticks.
Yes, but the stick in its tail makes its tail resemble a broom, and if the stick thing continues to play a part in its 3rd stage, given the fact that it learns a whole bunch of Psychic-type moves and no Grass-type moves, it will most likely be a Fire / Psychic type based on a witch.

It's a witch, dude. It eats sticks so they have a reason for a broomstick to sprout from its tail.

Like how Farfetch'd is Flying/Grass.

I don't think the stick is growing out of it, I'm pretty sure it's just stuck in it's fur. Or maybe Fekkekin 2 is perpetually pooping out the sticks Fennekin 1 ate all the time.

They will never give one starter a secondary typing of water, grass, or fire. The three are distinguished from each other by these types.
Oh yeah, that's probably the biggest reason. Chespin wouldn't be "the" grass starter if Fennekin got it too.
Lol what?

Sarcasm?
Yes haha.

And if Fennekin really does turn out to be a witch, the overprotective Christian moms are going to rage and rage...

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
We already have Mismagius which is obviously based on a witch. I doubt we will see any notable backlash.

They won't really rage at Witch-Fennekin - overreligious zealots already consider Pokémon to be satanic, so that imagery won't change anything.
I am good friends with some... and I know if the mom saw Fennekin she wouldn't allow the kids to play the games based on that alone haha.

But yeah, the general mindset is that if kids are going nuts over something, it's obviously a creation of Satan. Can't mention Harry Potter in that house...

It'd be kinda twisted/funny if Fennekin ended in the same boat as Golduck and despite learning a lot of psychic attacks isn't part psychic.

blahblahblah rumors say Fire/Psychic blahblahblah...It'd still be funny in a vacuum.

It'd be kinda twisted/funny if Fennekin ended in the same boat as Golduck and despite learning a lot of psychic attacks isn't part psychic.

blahblahblah rumors say Fire/Psychic blahblahblah...It'd still be funny in a vacuum.
Could be but Fennekin and co get psychic moves not commonly given to non-psychics, even ones like Golduck.
Psychic? Sure. Psybeam? Psyshock? Psycho Cut? All of these moves, especially Psyshock, are rarely if ever seen on non-psychics. I think only Venomoth and maybe a couple others get Psybeam, Absol gets Psycho Cut, and I can't even think of non psychics who get Psyshock.

Could be but Fennekin and co get psychic moves not commonly given to non-psychics, even ones like Golduck.
Psychic? Sure. Psybeam? Psyshock? Psycho Cut? All of these moves, especially Psyshock, are rarely if ever seen on non-psychics. I think only Venomoth and maybe a couple others get Psybeam, Absol gets Psycho Cut, and I can't even think of non psychics who get Psyshock.
Naturally? No none-psychic type Pokemon get Psyshock.
By TM, Nintailes (not Vulpix), the Clefairy line, Psyduck line, Porygon line, Togepi line, Stantler & Audino though.

QED Fennekin is also becoming Fire/Normal

Yeah, except I'm sure the gym leaders will be potion whores anyway. And if you think about it, the berries actually prevented them from using potions anyways.

It's abilities don't stop me from using this Mufasa though. However, there's still the stat spread and move pool to know. I'm just hoping it can measure up to Arcanine, who is my favorite pokemon to use.

I honestly think this broom thing is really just people reaching way too hard (like usual) and seeing what they want to see. I think its just a tail design and there's no deeper meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)