Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Aurorus has a move called Freeze Dry, which is an Ice-type move which freezes the opponent but is said to be super effective against Water-type Pokémon."

So is this our first dual-type move?

"Aurorus has a move called Freeze Dry, which is an Ice-type move which freezes the opponent but is said to be super effective against Water-type Pokémon."

So is this our first dual-type move?
Official, yes. But Glow Punch is there. We just don't know about it yet.

T.T Both fossil...so wonderful. Like both are worker there way into my heart so well. Both are easily in my top ten favorites. Something none of those 5th gen pokemon could ever hope.

EDIT: Dual types moves just hitting another type for super effective seems like a good idea to me. I mean, it is less confusing for the little kids.

We all took it for granted, but here's the official confirmation that the Fairy type was made solely to rebalance the game for competitive purposes:

¿Cómo afecta el circuito profesional de Pokémon a la hora de pensar nuevos Pokémon e introducir novedades en el juego?

Masuda: Lo tenemos muy en cuenta; yo voy a distintos torneos y todos los años voy a las finales del Pokémon World Championship Series para ver qué estrategias están usando los jugadores. Centrándonos en el nivel competitivo, equilibrar las batallas fue el motivo por el que hemos añadido los Pokémon de tipo Hada.
Translation:

How does affect the Pokémon professional circuit when designing new Pokémon and introducing new features in the game?

Masuda: We have them into account a lot; I go to different tournaments and every year I attend the Pokémon World Championship Series to see what strategies players use. Specifically, the competitive level battle balance was the reason we added the Fairy type Pokémon.

The entire interview, here, in Eurogamer Spain: http://www.eurogamer.es/articles/20...-encontrar-a-quien-no-le-guste-ningun-pokemon

Last edited:
alright so the t-rex does NOT have a pig nose thank god. He looks damned badass holy hell.

and he has this beard and uh king's collar or whatever going on I think wow what an OG.

The more I think about it, the more pleased I am with this implementation, and I hope Freeze Dry gets wide distribution on Ice-types and absolutely none on non-Ice Water-types. If they'd made any type chart offensive improvement to Ice, it would have been a massive boost to Water because Water-types get Ice Beam like candy, and a defensive boost would have been hard to score.

hrngnggg

this guy is so freaking beast i don't even
Not only does he have a crown, but he has a beard and...that fuzzy thing on robes around his neck! In fact, his red skin looks like a robe because of the markings around his stomach! He's a true king!

I also like how it goes from runt to tantrum. I imagine we have a very immature and selfish king on our hands.

Aurorus's sails make a heart, too. Since I'm sure his name revolves around amour/love, it's a neat touch.

EDIT: On the topic of Freeze Dry. When I first read about it, I thought it was a standard Ice attack that also got SE damage on water. So it's SE on Grass, Dragon, Ground, Flying AND Water. Kinda like a bonus for just this attack. Some moves paralyze, some moves burn, this one is SE on Water.

Last edited:
Aurorus STABs(with freeze dry) has almost perfect neutral coverage, just don't hit steel...but now a water move, or even a ghost move(who knows? unlikely but not impossible) to hit steels and i will be very happy

EDIT: Awesome T-Rex!!! some pages ago someone deduced that by the name of tyrunt that the evolution might be a "king"...seems he was right!

I just love Tyrantrum's design. It's regal yet rough. Powerful yet flamboyant. And the neck plume seems a nice nod to the feathered dinosaur thing.

On Dry Freeze, it kind of strikes me as a signature move. Or at least something that isn't distributed much.

I just love Tyrantrum's design. It's regal yet rough. Powerful yet flamboyant. And the neck plume seems a nice nod to the feathered dinosaur thing.

On Dry Freeze, it kind of strikes me as a signature move. Or at least something that isn't distributed much.
Agree with you..signature move! After all Aurorus is a ROCK/Ice type...and rock is dry lol no reason for the wet water types to learn it =p

Another interesting thing is that Palkia and Kingdra (depending on how strong this new Pokemon is) would be hit for x4 damage which I find as something really cool.
I feel so good about this. Anything to stick it to Kingdra's annoying rein.

Aurorus and Tyrantrum kind of look like they're mirroring Xerneas and Yveltal. Similar colors, Aurorus looks like a peace keeper and Tyrantrum just wants to smash stuff.

Aurorus STABs(with freeze dry) has almost perfect neutral coverage, just don't hit steel...but now a water move, or even a ghost move(who knows? unlikely but not impossible) to hit steels and i will be very happy

EDIT: Awesome T-Rex!!! some pages ago someone deduced that by the name of tyrunt that the evolution might be a "king"...seems he was right!
Well it being a rock type it could have access to Earthquake, so there's a chance.

I get this feeling that Scald will most likely do 2x to ice and have 30% burn. While freeze dry does 2x to water and have 30% freeze. Like counterparts of each other.

Agreed. The fossils are looking excellent. Auroros will prolly be my fav fossil poke now with that design of his.. That new ice move could be this gen's scald perhaps.
If it has enough distribution...but yeah, Auroros definitely has one of the best designs overall.

So now my main question is if older Pokemon will get some of these new abilities through the Dream World...or maybe new abilities for older Pokemon will just have to be tacked on with Mega Evos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)