Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the moves that where revamped where done so specifically for doubles, there's no need to nerf surf in singles the same way explosion was

Long sleeve shirts (with and without collars) and knee socks are what I want. Some sleeveless shirts and headbands would be cool, too. I plan on spending many hours throughout my travels changing clothes, so I want as many options as possible. Hell, if we can change clothes at Pokemon Centers like I think I read somewhere, I may adapt a new duds for every city.

EDIT: Ooooh. Dress shirts and dress pants as well.

EDIT 2: FACIAL HAIR! I can't grow a beard myself, but that doesn't my avatar can't have a sick ass bush. I feel like that may be pushing it, though.
For the facial hair part...remember that these people are still just ten to twelve year olds (maybe older like BW?). Although I wouldn't rule out facial hair (like a mask), it's not as likely.

Also, will the mother/father change based on the skin color we choose? I guess adoption makes sense but it'd be a cool feature if your family was "customizable" too.

Edit: Helioptile is supposed to draw its energy from the sun. However, it gets hurt every turn in the sun. Uhh... What?
to be fair; it's "harsh sunlight" that drys it out. I'm no biologist, but there's probably such a thing as too much sunlight for real-world reptiles as well, perhaps especially in the case of one that's good at absorbing it.

I have not heard of this change until now, but I am so happy if this extends to the attacks I'm guessing they will. VGC this generation was really heavily specially oriented and powerful special spread attacks like Surf and Muddy Water were really hard to deal with with rain up. I would really love to see a few of the ~100 base power moves toned down a little so it doesn't feel overwhelming dealing with them.
Intimidate probably also had a lot to do with it, it's partially the reason Hitmontop is amongst the top 3 most used Pokemon in the whole of VGC/Doubles format and even things like Gyarados and Scrafty see massive usage it made it very much difficult to use physical attacks effectively.

Hopefully the moves that where revamped where done so specifically for doubles, there's no need to nerf surf in singles the same way explosion was
The Explosion nerf was inevitable, it was incredibly broken in Gen 4 to the point Doubles matches literally were a case of who could blow up their Metagross successfully first without hitting a Protect and near everything ran it even if they should've had no reason to.

Yeah, I'm not disputing that explosion was broken in doubles but it was perfectly fine in singles, now no one uses explosion in singles due to the nerf; hypothetically surf could go from a powerful water STAB in singles to completely outclassed in singles because it was too powerful on doubles

Also this is a bit old but I haven't seen it discussed: http://www.gamesradar.com/pokemon-xy-why-director-masuda-himself-answers/ Yoshida implies a fighter-mage-thief theme for the starters final forms?

For the facial hair part...remember that these people are still just ten to twelve year olds (maybe older like BW?). Although I wouldn't rule out facial hair (like a mask), it's not as likely.

Also, will the mother/father change based on the skin color we choose? I guess adoption makes sense but it'd be a cool feature if your family was "customizable" too.

Fun fact: It is never actually said anywhere in the games that the protagonist is 10 years old. It is only said in the anime that trainers are 10 years old and it was implied in earlier games that 10 is the earliest that you can get your first Pokemon. This contradicts itself since you see youngsters, preschoolers (who say that they are 4), and tubers with Pokemon in the games.

I find the complaining I've seen about the Exp. All potentially making the game too easy to be interesting. Horde Battles are a difficulty increase all by themselves, and they've specifically mentioned taking other steps to reduce the power of one person zooming through the game with a single 'mon. I really doubt this change was made without a lot of playtesting.

Regarding Mega Evos, we don't know anything about whether we have to re-evolve them after we switch them out, right? Absol is so cool, and re-evolving them would be pointless for Magic Guard. :(

So... what do you think about the whole megaevo=legendary thing?

do they mean legendary as in terrakion legendary or as in palkia legendary? case the first is manageable but if it's the second the it's basically every team gets one free über which is really really not okay, seriously don't even argue that they'll balance each other out, darkrai and skymin never did nor any other übers for that matter

megastones banned in item clause seem likely to me :/
I had thought of them as being on par with the BST 600s (including the pseudo legends). Mega Garchomp shot that down though, so maybe they are supposed to compete with the likes of Mewtwo... wait, that doesn't clear it up either....

Last edited:
That's my favorite part, and I hope it's true. And every time you battle Team Flare I hope there's a zoom-in on your shoes--a label sticks out, barely legible: "100% Johto Miltank Leather."

Anyway, regarding Mega Evos, we don't know anything about whether we have to re-evolve them after we switch them out, right? Absol is so cool, and re-evolving them would be pointless for Magic Guard. :(
I believe we've been requested not to discuss this leak until it gets secondary confirmation of reliability.

Mega Evolution remains in effect for the whole battle.

The species name for Clefairy is Yosei Pokemon, and fair enough, Yosei is usually translated as fairy, so it is a correct translation.

However, the type Fairy is just called Fuearii instead of Yosei, indicating they are going for the European definition.
So I'm still guessing an even 50-50 for Clefairy getting Fairy type.

As for Clefable, it's Japanese name is just Pixie.
Considering there's an upcoming TCG Fairy deck with Clefairy in it, I'm pretty sure that the Clefairy line's getting retconned. The only question is whether it will keep or forgo its Normal typing.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
The trend has been simpler and simpler. Except for when they royally screwed up B2/W2 breeding.

I'm starting to get the feeling that battles will no longer give EVs anymore, only super training will.
It's hard to say whether Super Training will be the only way or not (I personally think pokemon will still yield EVs)

I have mixed feelings if Super Training is the only way. The upside is you can train for the specific EVs you want in-game; but that also means your pokemon won't naturally gain extra stats if you avoid super training (a challenge I guess?).

I like the new Exp All, it means it won't be a slog trying to level up all my pokemon as i play through the game (depending on how early we get it). They said EVs will be easier to see and can be gained from super training, so I assume they'll make them easy to remove as well. So hopefully Exp All won't mess up your EVs too bad

I only used it (Exp Share) post-game to ascertain the IVs of new babies by battling level 60 Audino.
just put them in the battle subway and then check their stats, much quicker and easier.

"11. Some moves, with focus on special ones, have had their power and accuracy revamped."
Waiting for focus blast's boost to 100% accuracy (Or 95% to troll) only to have a power drop to 100

just put them in the battle subway and then check their stats, much quicker and easier.
Genius. I did something like that in 4th Gen by transferring them to PBR to mass check. I don't know why it never came to me to do that with the battle subway since it's the exact same concept. All those poor Audino.

Yeah, I'm not disputing that explosion was broken in doubles but it was perfectly fine in singles, now no one uses explosion in singles due to the nerf; hypothetically surf could go from a powerful water STAB in singles to completely outclassed in singles because it was too powerful on doubles

Also this is a bit old but I haven't seen it discussed: http://www.gamesradar.com/pokemon-xy-why-director-masuda-himself-answers/ Yoshida implies a fighter-mage-thief theme for the starters final forms?
Suprised no one is replying to this, as I'm pretty sure it hasn't been discussed yet. I think you're totally right, he pretty much confirms the old rpg staples.

I find it interesting that Auroros was the one that GF introduced with a type chart-defying move while Tyrantrum is the one whose flavor says that it can rip apart metal plates like paper with its teeth. Is it just me or does that imply Tyrantrum getting a similar move to Freeze Dry that's SE against steels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)