Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I never use Exp Share in game so that's not such a big deal. And I think that with the huge variety of pokemon and large size of this region, the exp all will be useful for raising up a late capture. Additionally, GF probably knows what kind of effect the availability of Exp All will have and has set the level gradient accordingly.

So, the new pokemon to be revealed. Did anyone consider the option of it being a new pokemon not related to anything we've seen so far? It does say it's an evolved Pokemon, but it doesn't say anything about it being an evolution to something we've seen before.

So, the new pokemon to be revealed. Did anyone consider the option of it being a new pokemon not related to anything we've seen so far? It does say it's an evolved Pokemon, but it doesn't say anything about it being an evolution to something we've seen before.
If it werent an evolved form of a mon we already know, they probably wouldnt have announced it as an 'evolution.'

EDIT:
Man, some of these Mega Evolutions are impressive.

From a few pages back, but is it actually confirmed that Mewtwo can evolve into anything that it holds the Mega Stone for, or is this just a cleverly edited gif?

Last edited:
Wont EXP All be much better nowadays because of the exp system? So your low level members will benefit a lot more than your top ones. So your top mon will be getting, like, 100 exp while your weaklings will be getting 600. It's essentially icing for your strong mons and not enough to throw levels off balance.

Either way, though, it wont affect me since I never used the share items during gameplay. I only used it post-game to ascertain the IVs of new babies by battling level 60 Audino.
Bulbapedia on Experience Share:

In Generation V, the experience formula was changed to incorporate the difference in levels between the defeated Pokémon and Pokémon gaining experience; this is factored in after splitting the experience.
I believe you're right about that, assuming that gen 6 keeps this mechanic. That'll make training low level Pokemon pretty easy.

350-600% (600% assuming if all Pokemon participate, they all get full experience) experience per battle is just absurd anyway, and it would likely make the game a breeze if you could get it early on. Not that any of the games are hard in the first place. This will just make it even easier.

Also I agree with what pCUBED above me said. It's not like they announced Gogoat as an evolved form; that information was only revealed after Skiddo was shown.

8. The standard selection process for Pokémon to be Mega-Evolvable is based on three points: visual looks, popularity and game balance.
9. The power-up of Mega-Evolved Pokemon is meant to elevate them to the class of legendary Pokémon, hence the restriction of only one Pokémon being allowed to hold a Mega Stone during battles.
I found these two points the most interesting.
The former just because it probably means that things that wanted evolutions but would settle for mega evolutions probably (but not guaranteed) still wont get anything unless they look nice, I guess.
Also that they just straight up said "hey if its popular...."

The second because it implies we might not have to worry too much about, say, Mega Mawile only getting like +10 or whatever to the defenses.

The former just because it probably means that things that wanted evolutions but would settle for mega evolutions probably (but not guaranteed) still wont get anything unless they look nice, I guess.

The second because it implies we might not have to worry too much about, say, Mega Mawile only getting like +10 or whatever to the defenses.
based on the language and considering the fact that vast majority of legendaries are BST of 600 or higher, we could possibly assume mininmum of 600 BST for those mega evos, for example, based on that interpretation, we could assume that mega mawile will have something like 50/180/180 bulk to match BST 600 of legendary calibire. it just opens up possiblities, like Mega Charizard with base 175 sp attack to match 600 BST, or Absol with 195 attack 100 speed, assumed that unaccounted for BST is split in half and assigned to the separate stats. so i highly doubt that mega mawile will get insignificant 10 base stat boost in both defenses.

If it werent an evolved form of a mon we already know, they probably wouldnt have announced it as an 'evolution.'

EDIT:

From a few pages back, but is it actually confirmed that Mewtwo can evolve into anything that it holds the Mega Stone for, or is this just a cleverly edited gif?
Apparently an edited GIF to rustle some jimmies. It really wouldn't make sense either. If Mewtwo could MEvolve into everything Mega, then what's the need for capturing the other mons? You could just catch a Mewtwo and call it a day.

If I recall correctly, one of the big pokemon guys (either Masuda or Sugimori) before Gen 4 said that when they look for potential evos, they look for things that don't look "fully developed". What that means is pretty loose and up to interpretation, but I don't think we can rule out potentially "ugly" pokemon as being excluded from a potential Mevo on that basis

If I recall correctly, one of the big pokemon guys (either Masuda or Sugimori) before Gen 4 said that when they look for potential evos, they look for things that don't look "fully developed". What that means is pretty loose and up to interpretation, but I don't think we can rule out potentially "ugly" pokemon as being excluded from a potential Mevo on that basis
Completely rule out? Nah, of course not.
Just...less likely, is all I'm saying.

3 weeks away... comparing mega evos to legends.... they haven't told us MegaStoise's stat boosts yet.... what.... are they trying to do with him?

3 weeks away... comparing mega evos to legends.... they haven't told us MegaStoise's stat boosts yet.... what.... are they trying to do with him?

With that impressive BAZOOKA single cannon, I'm going to assume it gets a boost in Sp.Atk and maybe Speed with a drop in Def.

According to this: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/mechanic-changes-155907/
Above link said:
11. Some moves, with focus on special ones, have had their power and accuracy revamped.
I hate to cause needless speculation, but I think this one was missed over. We don't know what revamped means in this context as to positively or negatively, but guys... Focus Miss... might have hope. As well as Gengar having a more powerful Shadow Ball.

Or of course, Water Gun now has 45 base power... Game changing...

With that impressive BAZOOKA single cannon, I'm going to assume it gets a boost in Sp.Atk and maybe Speed with a drop in Def.
Humorously in the gameplay video he spits Water Pulse from his mouth instead of the giant cannon on his back. His ability also boost pulse attacks.

I was thinking about something recently. It's gonna be weird playing X&Y, looking at my character running around, and have him not be a white guy. For the first time in 15 years I'm gonna be playing Pokemon* as a black guy and it's gonna take some adjusting. My hand during the capturing animation will be brown. My hair will be a black buzz cut; maybe a fro. And if I have my way I will not be wearing a baseball cap. I have some sense of style, therefore I wear real hats if I decide to wear them at all. That said, I am not against the idea of wearing a crown if it's an option.

Trainer customization is gonna be awesome, but I'll be a little starstruck for a bit watching me - myself - walk about in the Pokemon world. Come ooooon October 12th!

*My avatar in Battle Revolution was black, but he's more of a mannequin than a character.

I was thinking about something recently. It's gonna be weird playing X&Y, looking at my character running around, and have him not be a white guy. For the first time in 15 years I'm gonna be playing Pokemon* as a black guy and it's gonna take some adjusting. My hand during the capturing animation will be brown. My hair will be a black buzz cut; maybe a fro. And if I have my way I will not be wearing a baseball cap. I have some sense of style, therefore I wear real hats if I decide to wear them at all. That said, I am not against the idea of wearing a crown if it's an option.

Trainer customization is gonna be awesome, but I'll be a little starstruck for a bit watching me - myself - walk about in the Pokemon world. Come ooooon October 12th!

*My avatar in Battle Revolution was black, but he's more of a mannequin than a character.

*High Fives*

I'm super excited about the character customization that we'll have. Finally, I'll be able to have my own style and won't look like my mother dressed me! That being said, what kind of outfits/styles are you guys hoping for? I'm really hoping for some darker jeans and no baseball caps :D

I hate to cause needless speculation, but I think this one was missed over. We don't know what revamped means in this context as to positively or negatively, but guys... Focus Miss... might have hope. As well as Gengar having a more powerful Shadow Ball.

I didn't see that when it was first posted. I think it was updated. I don't know what "special" means. It could mean special as in special/physical, or it could be signature moves. There are a lot of moves that deserve revamping. Leaf Blade used to be a slash clone until to went from 70 BP to 90 BP. Moves like Slash, Night Slash, Shadow Claw, Psycho Cut ought to be boosted to 90 BP by that logic

*High Fives*I'm super excited about the character customization that we'll have. Finally, I'll be able to have my own style and won't look like my mother dressed me! That being said, what kind of outfits/styles are you guys hoping for? I'm really hoping for some darker jeans and no baseball caps
Also wanting a no hat option. A bunch of hairstyle/color options as well as changing eye color. Wouldn't mind a butler suit, gloves and pants.

Edit: Oh forgot a fabulous fur collar jacket to match Mega Absol.

Last edited:
Revamped power and accuracy? I see that as raising the low ceiling on special moves of types like dark, ghost, and fighting. They tried to do that with physical fire, ice, electric, etc with new moves, but I think this will be a lot more effective.

*High Fives*

I'm super excited about the character customization that we'll have. Finally, I'll be able to have my own style and won't look like my mother dressed me! That being said, what kind of outfits/styles are you guys hoping for? I'm really hoping for some darker jeans and no baseball caps :D
Long sleeve shirts (with and without collars) and knee socks are what I want. Some sleeveless shirts and headbands would be cool, too. I plan on spending many hours throughout my travels changing clothes, so I want as many options as possible. Hell, if we can change clothes at Pokemon Centers like I think I read somewhere, I may adapt a new duds for every city.

EDIT: Ooooh. Dress shirts and dress pants as well.

EDIT 2: FACIAL HAIR! I can't grow a beard myself, but that doesn't my avatar can't have a sick ass bush. I feel like that may be pushing it, though.

Last edited:
Apparently an edited GIF to rustle some jimmies. It really wouldn't make sense either. If Mewtwo could MEvolve into everything Mega, then what's the need for capturing the other mons? You could just catch a Mewtwo and call it a day.
Maybe Mewtwo can be the first pokemon that is banned from ubers xD

Haha It is going to be weird....

I always rocked the girl as I'm a fan of MTGxerxes and like you had a black avatar in Battle Revolution.

Now not only is it about Pokemon but looking hella fresh whilst battling.

I have not heard of this change until now, but I am so happy if this extends to the attacks I'm guessing they will. VGC this generation was really heavily specially oriented and powerful special spread attacks like Surf and Muddy Water were really hard to deal with with rain up. I would really love to see a few of the ~100 base power moves toned down a little so it doesn't feel overwhelming dealing with them.

If they're going by popularity and raising to legendary status, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Mega Arcanine and Mega Raichu.

If Gamefreak really kept an eye on balance last gen, considering Blaziken and Garchomp's MEvos, I have a feeling Excadrill's going to get one too. "Hey, look at these non-legendaries that got banned!" "what about them?"

"Let's make them legendaries for real"
Don't forget that Pokemon is mostly balanced for double battles, not singles. While Excadrill, Blaziken, and Garchomp are still threats in doubles, they aren't nearly the overwhelming force they are one on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)