Countdown to XY: A Nostalgia Thread

Day 13: How do Colosseum/XD compare to other main-series games?
So, uh, I hate to be part of the problem here... but I haven't played them either. My experience with the Game Cube in general is pretty much limited to the Smash Bros. and F-Zero GX that my old roommate owned.

But just so this isn't a complete wash, I'll give a general impression. I like the idea of putting a story mode into the Stadium games (which I did play, briefly), and these two are probably the closest we've come to having a straight-up console Pokemon RPG experience, which I know I've heard a lot of people ask for. I don't know if the games provide a full alternative to playing the handheld entries or not (YT vids show me that you can at least catch wild 'mons, but as far as TMs/HMs, breeding, heart scales, etc. I'm in the dark), but I know I would have loved the option to customize my own team members in the N64 ones instead of having to rely on the crummy rentals since I didn't have access my Blue at the time. One thing that might've held it back was that the GC had no online capabilities, so like the older Stadiums you would have been stuck just playing and trading locally. Meanwhile, Battle Revolution had the online option, but no story mode. It's like ya gives and ya takes, man.

Okay, I assumed a much larger number of people had played XD/Colo than this... my bad. I'll make sure to stick to handheld games in the future. Sorry guys! :[

If you have experience with the games, please share them so we have something nice to read today!
I remember picking Espeon in XD because I thought it was cooler than Umbreon, and I liked the idea of Synchronize when compared to the other Eeveelutions' abilities (I read all about their abilities in a Pokémon magazine that I still have to this day). Though, after a while, Espeon sort of faded into the background (a bit underleveled compared to Shiftry) on my team, and Shiftry took the lead. My other Pokémon didn't usually matter as much. :(

Day 13:

Everyone said pretty much everything about that game, but I want to said the best thing, IMO, about the game, you use pokemon tha you probably never used and every trainer has a theme team. That was awesome.

Day 12: Which song/theme is the most nostalgic?
The Gym theme from RB is my number one. It's closely followed by the RB Gym Leader theme as well as the Little Cup theme from Stadium 2.

I feel a little lonely here, but I hated Colosseum with a passion. Nothing clicked for me, from the locations to the Pokémon choice. Playing through it a second time (because I deleted my Ruby file and had to re-catch things) was a bit better but it was still a slog.

On the other hand, I did really enjoy XD. It's been a long time since I played, but I liked the story more and felt more attached to the characters. The variety of Pokémon available was nice and the exclusive moves available made me actually bother with catching and purifying them all as opposed to just getting my favourites. The Purification Chamber also really helped speed up the process and working out what combos to use to purify Lugia was quite satisfying (I refused to just use Hoppip).

Neither come to close to matching the main games to me. I played through each twice and that was it as opposed to multiple playthroughs of each main game.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor

A few guiding questions:
Which aspects did you enjoy and why?
Which aspects did you dislike and why?
How would you improve upon these games if they followed a similar formula in the future?

You can focus on these or story/capture method/whatever you want.

I really loved yesterday's posts, even if they made my computer lag a bit. :]
As the colosseum expert I guess this is my day to shine (thanks for letting me know on irc Stellar, alerts system on this sucks and didn't tell me when a watched thread was replied into...).

Colosseum is a fantastic game, and first of all I would like to make the one main thing that is different about them here: NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT THESE GAMES!! IGN themselves said that "X and Y are the first 3D Pokemon games". Our own benevolent Mekkah doesn't know what they are for goodness sake. How these games go unnoticed baffles me still; not even I know of XD: Gales Of Darkness until I bought it a few years ago! I haven't read Cobaroll's post btw, forgive me for anything I repeat.

Which aspects of the game did I enjoy? All of it Well it was simply so different for me. As somebody who actually did play Pokemon Red as my first game (not many people actually know this about me, since I refer to Colosseum as my most nostalgic) and didn't actually like it I took a risk with this game. The problem with Red was it was far too linear and it felt to me as though there were some Pokemon that you absolutely had to use: Starter, Snorlax, that kind of thing. There were also fairly bad graphics and lots of bugs which as a child frustrated me more than anything. Colosseum improved on all of these factors, and as a child with a fairly dumb mind (it's still dumb now, just less so ^_^) some of the puzzles were SO fun to get through. Cipher Laboratory, Pyrite Cave and The Under as a whole really stand out to me. The thing is is that these puzzles were just challenging enough for adults playing the game for the first few times to get stuck on too, but for less time, and as a child who liked challenges I loved this aspect of the game. Let's compare this to other games; Kanto's biggest puzzle is probably Ice Cave or Cerulean Cave. I got through Ice Cave very quickly (don't ask me why) and I've never actually played the games far enough to get to Cerulean Cave, they bore me soooo much. Johto's biggest puzzle is Ice Cave, and that is simply frustrating. WHY ARE YOU SLIDING TO THAT ROCK GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! It also ruins speedruns... against Mekkah.... with lots of people watching you fail at it.... the shame..... Anyway Hoenn's biggest puzzle was probably... I don't even know. This is one area Hoenn was really lacking for me, I guess that as a kid who didn't like cheating the biggest puzzle was reading the braille but... who really did that without cheating? Like really? Thought not. I didn't go to the great marsh so for me the hardest puzzle in Sinnoh was that foggy route but YOU CAN'T SEE ANYTHING WHY ARE YOU BLAMING ME ABOUT THIS? Unova had.... nothing really.

The Pokemon selection is another thing that has many opinions on this game. As a concept it is good but unfortunately it is something that doesn't really appeal to me, as it really showcases that this is just a way to get rare Pokemon into Hoenn. Pokemon such as Misdreavus and Quagsire are used a hell of a lot as they are the only Ghost-Type and Pokemon with access to Surf AND Earthquake in the games, respectively, as well as being available early on. If you play the games a bunch then eventually the selection of these Pokemon grows stale for you, and if you are like me you rarely use the Pokemon in that game in any other games because you know exactly how it is going to play. I don't think the idea of this should get the hate that it does though, I mean, if you only play the game a little bit then it could be good. People who like Misdreavus find out he is unique in this game. It lessens diversity to the game in a way, but if you want to challenge yourself with these games then you find out different ways to use these Pokemon. For example, the first few times I used Gligar I went offensive. Recently I tried a more defensive set with Screech/Sand Attack/Toxic/Slash and Gligar was easily my MVP. The games also did a good job of introducing Pokemon at good levels... with the exceptions of some Pokemon such as Delibird and Sunflora. It has to be said I feel like Nintendo really had a good personality making these games. They put in trashbags such as Delibird and Sunflora late-game, character designs such as Miror. B and his theme (see yesterday for my feelings on his theme), it's little details like this that truly make these games special. As this is a comparison question, let's compare it to the other games: Red and Blue really has no personality at all. Linear. Average Pokemon Designs for the most part and average moves for the Pokemon. Johto: See Red and Blue. Seriously these games are made so similarly.... Hoenn starts with a bit more personality I guess, you can imagine the fun the programmers were having whilst making some of those cutscenes and also the text. Something that stands out to me is the sign next to New Mauville which you all should know of! Sinnoh... eh, not really. The region is all about Myths & Legends but they didn't really showcase what mythology is about, which really disappoints me. Unova's personality is just wrong... all of the "POKEMON ARE OUR FWIENDS!! :3 :3 :3" is bad in itself, but there are other parts which is basically just saying "Fuck you, haters". Both Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 just seem like "so you say this is cockfighting? Let me tell you why you're wrong!". The problem is that everyone says this storyline is amazing when let's be honest. It's not. Team Plasma, a.k.a PETA want to release Pokemon, a.k.a animals from people. You believe that "POKEMON ARE OUR FWIENDS!! :3 :3 :3" at that point so say "no". There's some icky talk where Cheren says "YOU'RE MY FWIEND TOOOOO!!!! :3:3:3:3:3" and then you get a stolen Pokemon back... that identity of which is never revealed. Then nothing much happens until they steal a fossil head for there plans LOL NOPE WE DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A DRAGONITE AND A ZEKROM FFS. I'm not going to go on but I'm just pointing out Nintendo quite clearly had PETA in mind whilst creating these games, which really annoys me because the games just feel so... so wrong. Pokemon Colosseum's personality is fantastic and you can tell that the producers were having a good time making the game, other games feel like the producers had their backs against the walls. Hard.

Onto the story itself and this is like a modern-day movie... except it was really old. It starts off with something bad happening, OMG A BUILDING JUST GOT BLOWN UP!!! Then another bad thing happens, OMG THERE'S A GIRL IN A BAG. Then the guy who just blew up the building saves the girl: Oh, so he's the hero right? Well, kinda, but he has this giant guilty conscience of stealing Pokemon? Betcha didn't see that coming! Playing this game for the first time is so exci- IT HAS EXPLOSIONZ! DON'T FORGET THE EXPLOSIONS!!!! Seriously this game catches you off-guard in so many different ways. When you chased Venus down in The Under were you expecting an explo- BOOOM MUAHAHAHAH!!!!!! Yeah exactly. You weren't. There are also so many things to remember that only things like Kingdom Hearts do. The whole Duking/Silva thing was so mysterious to me the whole game, because it seriously made Silva look like the bad guy but then he was captured? Wait so is Duking the bad guy? Wait no, his kids oversee the Kid's Grid, a fucking syndicate taking down Cipher! It was little things like this that kept racing in my mind when I was playing the game and even when I wasn't, trying to figure stuff out for myself. I know that you WTF'd at Evice too, don't lie.... Ok so let's compare this to other games: You defeat gym leaders. Yeah usually I write a sentence for each game (or even multiple! :O) but that's it. ;D. Lolno but R/B/Y has like no story at all. There are a few grunts here and there but no personality. Johto/Crystal are largely the same, let's be fair. Hoenn, however, have one of the best stories in Pokemon, like including the spin-offs. It is literally a fight of the sea and the land, two things living in harmony for so long are influenced by humans and BOOM THE APOCALYPSE JUST HAPPENED. Sapphire was good enough but in Emerald THE FREAKING SKY GOT INVOLVED!! This game was also Pokemon's first try at cutscenes, which IMO looked really good for the time. Sinnoh's story was terrible and Unova's.... PETA SUCKS!!!

No wild Pokemon. Now this is one of the more controversial things and I kind of touched upon it earlier with limited options. The point of this game is it is story-driven. Yes, you gotta catch them all, but you gotta catch them all to actually properly beat the game, and receive Ho-oh! What about in the other main-streams? ERMAGHERD SHIIIIIIIIIIINY is the best thing I've got from that... and that's only in B2/W2. Wild Pokemon would ruin this. Another good thing about this that I personally like is you know what you're going to run into; there's no "is this going to be a Magikarp or a Qwilfish?" it's sure as hell going to be a Qwilfish. This eases you when you plan your teams a lot and it also makes the games so much easier to play. Just because I like Surskit doesn't mean I'm going to waste my life for looking for the damn thing! People would argue that this makes the games incredibly linear, and in a way yes, it does make it kind linear. But the other games are linear in this way too, you know that Route 1 holds Rattata. You know that you've got a Lugia waiting for you at the bottom of the whirl islands and you're sure as fuck getting a Castform from the weather centre. These games are really no different from that, so that is not a viable excuse as to why these games are bad, and I personally like it.

So the characters. There are so many more unique characters in terms of game-length in this game than in other games. In other games you have, what, player character, Mum, Professor, Rival (or two), Gym Leaders, E4, Champion, leaders of criminal organization? That gets most of it. The shop keeper has an individual model in this game, however. Want a different looking fortune teller? Done. Want a mythical trainer looking different? Gotcha. Want his fucking wife looking good? Why the hell not!? I mean seriously the developers went all out to make each character their own. Lots of times this was models, even making some minor differences to some random ones. Other time's the old lady is in love with her Mightyena, or that old man over there is almost having cardiac arrest. I'm not using any websites while writing this, by the way, these characters stick to you! This is relating back to what I have said multiple times throughout this which is that the developers has a lot of fun making this game. They didn't have to make the Roller Boy be putting on a show and rhyming every line, and in main-stream games they're not going to do that because it's "too risky" or something dumb like that. The characters stand out as one of the main differences this game has to other games as it is just just so funny; all of it. I legitimately laughed many times through this game, other games? Fuck no.

Now for possibly the MOST hated thing about this game: It's all double battles. OK I get that the whole game being double battles is a little bit too much, and I understand that. I have to say though, people who complain about this NEED to be more open-minded. There is the colosseum area, where you can play single battles with a lot of different Pokemon to your heart's content! I don't understand this because yes, it would be kinda nice to have some single battles, but people would still complain that there aren't enough. You have to realize that there are some people who prefer double battles to single battles, and how do you feel about how most of those guys feel playing through your main-stream games? It's a different style, whether this is bad or good depends on opinion. I know that this can be said for everything but it of the utmost importance looking at this just because people don't seem to get that it is different for a reason. I'll leave this at that.

So basically these games are very different, but there are also lots of similarities. I touched upon the differences Pokemon Colosseum has to the other games, and would only have slightly talked about similarities whilst comparing some of these points to other games. I explained about how the games are different, I said whether they are good and bad and I tried to use unbias opinions but if you know me you will know that this is probably pretty damn bias.

Next time you mention XY, Stellar, expect a post like this except full of negativity. (BTW PLEASE DO A QUESTION ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE HATING ABOUT XY I WANT IT)!!!

Oh, and Cobraroll I beat you! :p

Edit: 20:46 AstralFireAlso, the reason X/Y are referred to as the first 3D Pokemon games is that they're the first main series games to be 3D. The Pokemon franchise went 3D with Stadium, well before Colosseum.

These are actually stories though. It is controversial as to whether these count as main series games but personally I'd say they are good enough. I think that IGN more specifically says "the first story 3D games" or something so that's what I meant...

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think today's question is one of the most (if not the most) interesting questions so far!

Day 14: If you were given a pill that erases all memory of Pokémon, would you take it?

There are definitely pros and cons to both options. Think about this one for a bit before posting. :]
Unlike other days, I expect a few arguments to break over this one. You are allowed to respond directly to other posts, but do so kindly.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is a bit of a difficult question, obviously. Actually, now that I think about it, not so difficult. Overall, I'd say no.

The main thing is that this falls under a larger umbrella of "Would you want to change something about your life at all?" to which I would reply no. My love of Pokemon started from childhood, so it's basically affected my entire life. Maybe it's just fear of the uncertain, but would I want to change how my entire life went? If I forgot these memories, I wouldn't have gotten into Pokemon when I did, I wouldn't have joined Smogon when I did, I wouldn't have met all of these cool people here, and I'd probably be a lot different than I am now. Yes, this is a bit dramatic, but honestly, I wouldn't have my life any other way than it is now. :D

(Is this cliche enough?)

I would have to say no to this, simply because of Smogon.

Beyond Smogon I would also have to say no, because the memories of playing the older games when I was younger is just too valuable to me. The older games had such charm to them on the old Gameboys, and it's not something you can emulate on an emulator today.

Of course not. Pokémon is my childhood, and a large part of my life. In fact, Pokémon is what helped me stand up to people who used to bully me in elementary school. It taught me that only the opinions of those who loved and cared about me mattered and not to take any crap from these monkeys. I helped others who got bullied like myself, and that's how I made my first friends. Without Pokémon, I might even be a completely different person, and I'm not sure I'd like that. Besides, I like to share my experiences with my siblings, friends, and random people on forums. If I never experienced Pokémon, my childhood stories would be very boring and crappy, rather than moderately boring and crappy.

Long story short, I value my past, which shapes my present and guides me to the future. Everyone who posted above me made valid points about this.

Edit:

Does anyone think being able to experience Pokémon again for the first time would be worth it? You always have the ability to make more memories!
If you say no, give us some insight as to why the memories are so precious. : )
While this is an interesting point, it's not enough to make me let go of my memories, just to relive Pokémon. To me, memories aren't something that can be thrown away. I cherish my Pokémon memories. They're more valuable than diamonds and pearls, see what I did there. If it was done right the first time, there's no need to do it again.

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Does anyone think being able to experience Pokémon again for the first time would be worth it? You always have the ability to make more memories!

I got into pokemon earlier when it when there was less pokemon, items, rules etc and it was easier to just go with the flow. If I had to experience it for the first time right now id be like "wtf there are like 700 pokemon with like 18 types with tons of fucking rules and tricks to memorize. And how do i fucking kill this ferrothorn thing?"

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I think today's question is one of the most (if not the most) interesting questions so far!

Day 14: If you were given a pill that erases all memory of Pokémon, would you take it?

There are definitely pros and cons to both options. Think about this one for a bit before posting. :]
Unlike other days, I expect a few arguments to break over this one. You are allowed to respond directly to other posts, but do so kindly.
No definitely not. I really love Pokémon and that interest has in turn driven me to meet awesome people and to love programming more. Without Pokémon I doubt I'd be as good of a programmer (Not like Im super great or anything <_<). It's been something I've concerned myself with almost everyday for the past 3 years, it's too integral to my life as it is now.

- EDIT-
I feel like I get to experience Pokémon all over again with each new game anyway :p(except BW2 >_>)

Day 14:

Well... Pokémon made me into who I am today. My personality, a tendency to be very analytic, and my child-like imagination are all by-products of watching/playing the series since I was 4. Without that, I'd lose my sense of being and I wouldn't find it hard to imagine myself as a "living" zombie at that point. Almost every other memory I have is at least indirectly tied to Pokémon in some, way, shape or form, including the people I know. That is utterly too much to lose.

To be fair, I do understand where this question is coming from, and a fresh start would be intriguing. However, at this stage, Pokémon is just too vital to me.

It's an Interesting question indeed.
Personally the memories are there from the past 13+ years and they are to precious to lose hence saying no.

BUT If we dig deeper I can just imagine the time I would have so much spare time and would then get to experience the games again learning along the way, There is the argument that the game is now much more difficult to unerstand nowadays but it's not for someone playing for the first time, the game itself if easier and better explained the Metagame (Something I've only really started with this year) is near impossible, It would take 2-3 generations of the game to understand the Metagame better. Overall I don't really know there are good and bad sides to both, Personally I prefer not being a noob and since there is nearly no games like Pokemon there is no way to learn prior to playing and therefore I'ma have to say no.

No; I see no advantage to reliving the experience ALL the way from the beginning when I'm already enjoying it so much now!

I can't think of any memory I'd want to have to replace all my other memories. O_O

I would have more time on my hands that's for sure but knowing me I'd find some other crap to take up my time, so no, I would never take that pill lol.

Day 14: No. I would not choose to run my life a different way or forget anything that has happened. I would not choose to start over.

Now, if the pill erased all my memories of Pokemon X and Y, I would so I could play it and discover the new things that made my first game so enthralling. However, erasing all memories of Pokemon from me would be too much to make it worth the value in rediscovering gen VI entirely.

As nice as that sounds, I gotta turn down the brain bleach offer, sorry.

You can call this being prideful if you want, but there's something empowering about being able to say "I was there from the beginning." I grew up with the games, and I also got to see the games grow up too. Now, being the type of person that I am, with the likes that I tend to like, there's little doubt that I'd develop an interest in the franchise all over again if I somehow forgot the whole thing, but I also don't think I'd be as committed. Never mind that I wouldn't have 15-ish years of nostalgia to fall back on, but even if the game sales are as high as they've ever been, there was something to that initial kick-start to the whole phenomenon in '98 that whipped me into a froth-mouthed frenzy. It's rare that I'll ever fall into something on hype alone, but this thing sucked me in so fast it may as well been called Dirt Devil. Could that happen again? Maybe. But without the same ecosystem of the anime and TCG being at their most popular alongside it, I don't think it would have the same impact. I wouldn't be as much of a well-rounded fan, I guess.

Plus, being much older now, I wouldn't have a kid's perspective on the whole thing, and I'd hold it to an entirely different standard. Right now I have the ability to sorta take the games (especially the older ones) as they are - dumb fun mixed with heavy tropes and a healthy does of fantasy. Technically speaking, Red and Blue were broken-down bug-filled messes that took way too long to make and had battle sprites that look like they were drawn by a spastic monkey holding a pencil in its butt cheeks. But I don't give a Hoot-hoot 'cause I played 'em when I knew that's really all we could ask for on a handheld that's outdone today by calculators. Amnesia-Me might not be able to properly appreciate where it all came from, and that's just unfortunate.

Objectively, there might one positive outcome if I did listen to Morpheus and go down the rabbit hole: I'd have a better appreciation for newer 'mons. Now, I'm not a Genwunner. I started in Gen I, sure, but I refuse to be a jerk about it. It's unseemly. But despite all that, the undeniable fact is that your earliest encounter with something shapes how you view everything else associated with it. It becomes the standard to which you judge everything else that dares call itself a Pocket Monster. Consciously or not, most (but not all) of my favorite 'mons are from the first two outings, because they're so intertwined with my formative years with the franchise. Now, if I were to suddenly lose that, there's a good chance I'd like the new blood just as much. Maybe even more! I'm not sure if I'd be a better person as a result, but either way all this really means is that I would just be cutting my teeth on Gen the Sixth instead of Gen the First, meaning my username would be like Panchamalam or something.

There's plenty about my life I'd be willing to change with magic pills, but not Pokemon.

Day 14:
Nope, couldn't do it. Yes re-living it would be good but Pokemon has been to integral in my life it'd be like losing the memories of a family member.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Day 13: Sadly, I've never had the chance to play them. I do hear many good things though.

Day 14: Never.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
Day 13: I haven't had the chance to play them myself, but I read up on them and studied them obsessively, since I loved the concept. A lot of Celever's ideas mirror mine.

Day 14: There is no way I'd ever do that. Pokemon is kind of my life, y'know?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Day 14: Yes I would lol this community is so one-minded about this.. e_e

I am also saying no but for a different reason; I've got into a good school and by their standards I am under-achieving in most subjects. The only subjects I am good in are ones that are improved by playing Pokemon, for example English, Pokemon makes me good at scanning text and working quickly. Science as I need to work methodically. Even stuff like art and music help as I can get inspiration from Pokemon. If I deleted all knowledge of Pokemon I would delete all knowledge of everything else too...

Edit: Stellar THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE DAY ABOUT X AND Y

Last edited:
Day 14: Sorry Stellar, gotta turn down your offer. Pokemon, while nerdy, childish, and all that to some people, is anything but that to me. I started back in gen 1, when Fire Blast Charizard was the best pokemon ever. Pokemon has been a game that I've never truly been able to stop playing. It's like my heroin. Sure, I can be clean for a couple of weeks...but then that urge sets in. That urge to start a new game, and adventure all over a new region. That urge to build my team, and have them defeat everything in my path. Pokemon is truly one of my favorite things about life, simply because it teaches you things. It teaches you to be quick thinking, and loyal, and a whole slew of other stuff. I'm starting my Black 2 game again. I'm essentially shooting up. But it's one addiction, that I don't wanna beat. It's one that I will always embrace.

Bull of Heaven

This question doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The premise seems to be that I might want to trade the good memories I already have for new ones that are likely, but not guaranteed, to be good. The appeal of a new "first experience" only lasts until I take the pill, since I only remember one "first experience" either way. I know how much I enjoyed my first experience, and it went so well that I still play Pokemon today; no need to gamble on a new set of memories. I'm also a little worried that a new first experience would somehow be lacking because I'm not a child anymore. As much as I still enjoy the Pokemon games, I know something changed as I grew up, and even if I want to play the games the way I used to, I'm not actually able to make myself do it. I like the way I play now, but I also like the memories of how I used to, and I'm not sure how well my allegedly adult brain would be able to recreate that part of the experience now.

Then again, I still play Pokemon, so how "adult" can my brain actually be?

Um probably not because all these memories accumulated over the years were shaped by the circumstances they ocurred in, and i don't think i'll be able to recreate those mornings before school watching Lapras use icebeam and such.

Every generation is a new beginning for me so i'm happy gen 6 is coming in less than a month :o. It'll be like i discovered pokemon afresh- which is true cos every generation there are new pokemon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)