5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Are you sure? Because the problem I heard was that the seed is just too random in B2/W2 and people were saying it couldn't be done. I believe you, but I went to that page and nothing seems to be different than from when I had started trying to RNG a while ago.
BW2 have more timer0s you can hit, so yea, it is harder. By no means impossible though

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Are you sure? Because the problem I heard was that the seed is just too random in B2/W2 and people were saying it couldn't be done. I believe you, but I went to that page and nothing seems to be different than from when I had started trying to RNG a while ago.
It's perfectly possible, although certain DS models are harder than others.

So can someone tell me how hidden hallow abuse works? It's pretty much the only thing I haven't tried yet.
I want my own imposter Ditto.

So can someone tell me how hidden hallow abuse works? It's pretty much the only thing I haven't tried yet.
I want my own imposter Ditto.
First make sure every Hidden Grotto is filled with something. If you haven't touched them yet, the only one you need to worry about is the one with the Minccino.

Go into your Grotto-of-Choice, empty it, and save in it.

Use the Hidden Grotto Timer Finder in your RNG Reporter (or PPRNG, but we aren't really familiar with it) to find a good seed. Let the Hidden Grotto Encounter Tables help you.
As you can see, Ditto is in the 0th Slot and in all four SubSlots of the 0th slot. Search!

You will find lots of choices, so pick one you are comfortable with. Dittos are genderless, ignore the gender ratio. For future reference: That's where the gender is determined.
Turn on your game at the date of choice. Once you are in, walk 256 steps to generate a new Grotto content. A Max Repel may help you count for 250 steps.
Leave the Grotto and re-enter it; there should be a Ditto, otherwise it means you have got the wrong Timer0. Repeat the process until you have successfully generated a Ditto.

For the IVs, do the usual stuff: Go back to the Capture tab of the Time Finder, select the Hidden Grotto Encounter Type and your preferred IV spread (and Hidden Power! and 31 HP). Take the seed, back to the main screen, select Nature an so on. You should be familiar with it.

First make sure every Hidden Grotto is filled with something. If you haven't touched them yet, the only one you need to worry about is the one with the Minccino.

Go into your Grotto-of-Choice, empty it, and save in it.

Use the Hidden Grotto Timer Finder in your RNG Reporter (or PPRNG, but we aren't really familiar with it) to find a good seed. Let the Hidden Grotto Encounter Tables help you.
As you can see, Ditto is in the 0th Slot and in all four SubSlots of the 0th slot. Search!

You will find lots of choices, so pick one you are comfortable with. Dittos are genderless, ignore the gender ratio. For future reference: That's where the gender is determined.
Turn on your game at the date of choice. Once you are in, walk 256 steps to generate a new Grotto content. A Max Repel may help you count for 250 steps.
Leave the Grotto and re-enter it; there should be a Ditto, otherwise it means you have got the wrong Timer0. Repeat the process until you have successfully generated a Ditto.

For the IVs, do the usual stuff: Go back to the Capture tab of the Time Finder, select the Hidden Grotto Encounter Type and your preferred IV spread (and Hidden Power! and 31 HP). Take the seed, back to the main screen, select Nature an so on. You should be familiar with it.
Cool it sounds easy enough! Just one other thing, what is the min/max frame? Thanks for your help!

Right now I am trying to get back into RNG and my start project is Event Genesect on Black 2. I am trying to create my RNG Profile with the latest version of RNG Reporter, but I am quite confused. My action replay no longer works so I cannot use it to check my SID, and it doesn't seem to let me omit that option. If anyone could help me with that, that would be great.

Also is the nature of the Event Genesect locked? If not, anyone have any recommendations for a nature?

Unless you plan to RNG shinies, it does not matter what you enter as your SID. If you are interested, though, upload one youf your Pokemon to pokecheck in order to reveal your SID.

Nature depends on the Genesect: Not locked normally, but the Japanese-Shiny-Extremespeed-Genesect (aka Movie 2013 Genesect) is always Hasty - and shiny.

We recommend a Hasty or Naive. Naive allows you to stomach priority moves better but since you are going to pit it against other Genesects, a Hasty nature will give the opponent an (usually) unfavourable Atk boost.

Unless you plan to RNG shinies, it does not matter what you enter as your SID. If you are interested, though, upload one youf your Pokemon to pokecheck in order to reveal your SID.

Nature depends on the Genesect: Not locked normally, but the Japanese-Shiny-Extremespeed-Genesect (aka Movie 2013 Genesect) is always Hasty - and shiny.

We recommend a Hasty or Naive. Naive allows you to stomach priority moves better but since you are going to pit it against other Genesects, a Hasty nature will give the opponent an (usually) unfavourable Atk boost.
Well, I redownloaded the latest RNG Reporter and tried to get started but it wanted me to make an RNG Profile, and I do not know what bit of info I didn't have that I needed but it said that my profile is invalid and would not save.

Well, I redownloaded the latest RNG Reporter and tried to get started but it wanted me to make an RNG Profile, and I do not know what bit of info I didn't have that I needed but it said that my profile is invalid and would not save.
Where exactly does the problem occur? It sound like you are able to find results but not able to "Send Results To Profile". Can you be a bit more specific here?

If nothing works, you can still edit your profiles manually under profiles.xml; here is the black sheet for that.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ArrayOfProfile xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <Profile>
  <Name>yourname</Name>
  <ID>00000</ID>
  <SID>00000</SID>
  <MAC_Address>000000000000</MAC_Address>
  <Version>White</Version>
  <Language>English</Language>
  <DSType>DS_Lite</DSType>
  <VCount>96</VCount>
  <VFrame>6</VFrame>
  <Timer0Min>3194</Timer0Min>
  <Timer0Max>3194</Timer0Max>
  <GxStat>6</GxStat>
  <Keypresses>15</Keypresses>
  <SoftReset>false</SoftReset>
  <SkipLR>false</SkipLR>
  <MemoryLink>false</MemoryLink>
  </Profile>
</ArrayOfProfile>

Quick question. I understand that RNG breeding in White 2 is quite difficult, but is it still possible?

I have been trying to get a particular Magikarp, and everytime I get the right sequence of Chatot pitches, I always get the wrong pokemon, usually consistantly? Is this a timer0 problem? Would hitting a different Timer0 allow me to string the same Chatot cry?

If not, am I just screwed? :s

Any input would be truly appreciated.

Quick question. I understand that RNG breeding in White 2 is quite difficult, but is it still possible?

I have been trying to get a particular Magikarp, and everytime I get the right sequence of Chatot pitches, I always get the wrong pokemon, usually consistantly? Is this a timer0 problem? Would hitting a different Timer0 allow me to string the same Chatot cry?

If not, am I just screwed? :s

Any input would be truly appreciated.
It's impossible to RNG breed on BW2.

Where exactly does the problem occur? It sound like you are able to find results but not able to "Send Results To Profile". Can you be a bit more specific here?

If nothing works, you can still edit your profiles manually under profiles.xml; here is the black sheet for that.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ArrayOfProfile xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <Profile>
  <Name>yourname</Name>
  <ID>00000</ID>
  <SID>00000</SID>
  <MAC_Address>000000000000</MAC_Address>
  <Version>White</Version>
  <Language>English</Language>
  <DSType>DS_Lite</DSType>
  <VCount>96</VCount>
  <VFrame>6</VFrame>
  <Timer0Min>3194</Timer0Min>
  <Timer0Max>3194</Timer0Max>
  <GxStat>6</GxStat>
  <Keypresses>15</Keypresses>
  <SoftReset>false</SoftReset>
  <SkipLR>false</SkipLR>
  <MemoryLink>false</MemoryLink>
  </Profile>
</ArrayOfProfile>
I am going to retry making a profile, I will print-screen and show you what I am seeing.

Hi. I've a problem for find my DS parameter.
I use a flashcard (Supercard DSTWO), a NDS Lite and pokemon Black2 ITA.
I open RNGReporter, DS Parameter search, and I've put the IVs of a pokemon just caught, date, time, minutes, seconds, MAC adress, and I clicked on search, but is not a result.
I put in the second's box "25", and at 14:54:00 I made a softreset. Then, I'm enter into the game by clicking the buttons "start" and "A". I caught a pokemon and inserting the IVs, I've do a search, but is not a result.

Here's a picture:

sorry for my english..

Hi. I've a problem for find my DS parameter.
I use a flashcard (Supercard DSTWO), a NDS Lite and pokemon Black2 ITA.
I open RNGReporter, DS Parameter search, and I've put the IVs of a pokemon just caught, date, time, minutes, seconds, MAC adress, and I clicked on search, but is not a result.
I put in the second's box "25", and at 14:54:00 I made a softreset. Then, I'm enter into the game by clicking the buttons "start" and "A". I caught a pokemon and inserting the IVs, I've do a search, but is not a result.
you simply have to widen the ranges of the search, in particular for the timer0 and the vcount.
for example, put min B00 and max 1300 for the timer0 and min 30 max 90 for the vcount, just to be sure. the search will take a while but you'll find your parameters.
if you still find nothing, widen the ranges even more (you can leave out the values you already searched in).

I put the values that you gave me, but RNGReporter still doesn't give me results:

In "seconds" I put 25 and 35, is that right? I do a softreset to 25 seconds, however, I'm enter ingame in the next minute.

And GxStat, is ok min 6 max 6 ? And VFrame?

Last edited:
I'm super proficient in 4th gen RNG abuse, so I have some fundamentals down.

Just got back to the game, decided to start RNG abuse with my White cart, figured a stationary legendary would be the easiest. Trying for decent stats+shiny.

-Using 9.96.6
-Pokechecked ID/SID
-Verified calibration 20+ times
-Found a decent spread with a reasonable shiny frame (49)
-Verified I hit the spread twice(and a few times with a diff timer0)
-Began advancing frames via Chatot (48 advances)
-Verified audibly with the Adjacent Seed tool listing at the bottom of the window
-Engaged legendary
-Not shiny, wrong stats

Not really sure where I'm going wrong. There are button pushes in my desired seed; Start, Right, Down. Do I have to press these all together, and is Right the arrow, or the shoulder?

-Not shiny, wrong stats
If it isn't due the wrong nature, you most likely got the wrong Timer0, therefore the wrong IVs. Since you have done calibration that many times you should have a good image of what Timer0 is the most common for you. Don't fear, try again and you probably will get the seed you need.

Since you are already familiar with the 4th gen, you probably are proficient in Chatot flipping. If you manage to figure out if you are in your seed of choice during the first few cries, you can skip the Adjacent Seed Tool and save you some time.

Good luck.

Hi everyone, i'm new ahere and i hope you can help me with something that it's driving me crazy.

first of all i wanna thank you for all the helpful guides about RNG. I learn a lot in only 2 months and now i'm a kind of expert in 4th (Platinum/Soul Silver/Heart Gold) and 5th (Black and White). I saved a lot of time and got the legendary pokémon as i really want :).

i actually got a almost flawless Arceus from my white(The one who Pokémon give away from the dream world) and i got a Shiny Tornadus(i love it) and now i only need one more legendary Pokémon to finish my collection and that Pokémon is Thundurus.

But i'm having a really bad problem with this RNG, it seems that the PIDRNG advance is very very erratic, i mean even when it suppose to advance 550-750 with no weather(yes, i save the game in summer), i can't hit less than 955 frame and i don't know why this happen. :(. i'm trying to get a shiny thundurus and the frame is 921 so that's why i'm worried.

Actually i wanna know if the RNG thundurus is different from tornadus, because when the roamer appears and summon the storm, i don't know if the animation thunder counts to advance the PIDRNG frame or is it only the rain animation? Still, that's no reason that the frame advance so erratic. I check with a external clock and the animation last 9 seconds(counting the thunder animation) and 7 only the rain. But that should be 470-560 + all the NPC. Also everytime i advance the frame with chatot i'm getting the same Thundurus everytime. if i advance 10 time the frame, i got an Adamant Thundurus with Michievous characteristic and if i SR and do that again i got the same Thundurus not matter if i advance 1 less or 1 more. :(

I read that sometimes the PIDRNG get "stick" so do you think that's my problem? i really want the shiny thundurus because i have tornadus and landorus shiny and i want my shiny trio. but i'm getting mad because i cannot calculate the PIDRNG with this one, with tornadus was easy, in fact i knew 1 hour later what frame i was hitting but with Thundurus the relation of PIDRNG with my Chatot Advaces doesn't make any senses ;(. If some can help me i would really appreciate. I'm getting the desired IV's so that's not the problem, also i'm trying to catch him at february 2014 do you think this could mess the PIDRNG advances?

Cool page and seriously thanks for all the RNG guides i got like 100 new great Pokémon in only 2 moths. :) i spent the same time playing normally and never got more than 1 good Pokémon :P.

Last edited:

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I'm super proficient in 4th gen RNG abuse, so I have some fundamentals down.

Just got back to the game, decided to start RNG abuse with my White cart, figured a stationary legendary would be the easiest. Trying for decent stats+shiny.

-Using 9.96.6
-Pokechecked ID/SID
-Verified calibration 20+ times
-Found a decent spread with a reasonable shiny frame (49)
-Verified I hit the spread twice(and a few times with a diff timer0)
-Began advancing frames via Chatot (48 advances)
-Verified audibly with the Adjacent Seed tool listing at the bottom of the window
-Engaged legendary
-Not shiny, wrong stats

Not really sure where I'm going wrong. There are button pushes in my desired seed; Start, Right, Down. Do I have to press these all together, and is Right the arrow, or the shoulder?
If Timer0 is not the issue, then the next thing might.

First one, is your frame (49) an IV or a PID frame?! I'm asking this because unlike gen 4, chatots don't advance the IV frame in gen 5 and you have to use other methods. If this is your problem I would just give up the seed and look for another one with an IV frame of 1.

Another thing that will throw you off later is the fact that PID frames don't start at frame 1, but rather at different frames depending on the seed. To solve for this just paste the seed into the main page, select the method using and click on calculate initial PID RNG. You just have to do the remaining advances.

And finally, yes, you need to press them all together and right refers to the arrow while "R" refers to the shoulder.

Good luck.

I put the values that you gave me, but RNGReporter still doesn't give me results:

In "seconds" I put 25 and 35, is that right? I do a softreset to 25 seconds, however, I'm enter ingame in the next minute.

And GxStat, is ok min 6 max 6 ? And VFrame?
new page.
I just try with Timer0: A00 - 1500 and VCount 20-99 but nothing....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)