Move Misty/Electric/Grassy Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw no topics about these moves, but I reckon they're worth discussing.

From Serebii :

Electric Terrain (Electric, Status, 10PP) : The user electrifies the ground under everyone's feet for five turns. Pokémon on the ground no longer fall asleep.

Grassy Terrain (Grass, Status, 10PP) : The user turns the ground under everyone's feet to grass for five turns. This restores the HP of Pokémon on the ground a little every turn.

Misty Terrain (Fairy, Status 10PP) : The user covers the ground under everyone's feet with mist for five turns. This protects Pokémon on the ground from status conditions.

Grassy Terrain seems to be the most useful of the three, could be a great support-move to carry on stall team for that added recovery. That said there are hidden effects, for instant Misty Terrain supposedly reduce damage from Dragon-Type attacks for it's whole duration (according to a NPC anyway, I couldn't test it).

Thoughts?

Since everything works for both sides, I'm only mildly interested in them, especially Grassy Terrain, since it also offers your opponent Leftovers, quintessentially.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Grassy Terrain boosts Grass moves by 1.5x, I read that somewhere in game. There's also an ability that boosts Defense when the terrain is grass.

So wait, if Grassy Terrain is on the Florges Family, and since it's in the Fairy Egg Group....will Aromatisse, Slurpuff, and others learn Grassy Terrain as an Egg Move?

Someone confirm this, please.

Honestly I think misty terrain sounds best if your team doesn't use status effects much but even then safeguard is better. Unless there are secondary improvements like grassy has just use safeguard.

Grassy Terrain boosts Grass moves by 1.5x, I read that somewhere in game. There's also an ability that boosts Defense when the terrain is grass.
Yea I read this in game too. We need to find out if the other moves boost their respective types as well, also who can learn them.

Very interested in grassy terrain but no idea who can use it.

Since everything works for both sides, I'm only mildly interested in them, especially Grassy Terrain, since it also offers your opponent Leftovers, quintessentially.
The point is, for a defensively strong pokemon, additional recovery matters quite a lot. For pokemon that are OHKOed/2HKOed anyway by most attacks, it doesn't. So it's, again, a potential advantage for stall.
I'm really curious how these moves will turn out usage-wise.

Last edited:
So for Electric, take Safeguard and not only make it block just one status, but only make it protect certain Pokemon? Sounds great. And Misty is directly a weaker version of Safeguard. Awesome moves here...

Unless there are any extra effects for Electric/Misty Terrain than what's in the description, don't bother.

This moves seem like a gimmick, seriously. I know healing is very important for certain walls, but you're giving the advantage to your opponent too.

I am almost positive that Electric attacks are 50% boosted under Electric Terrain, Clemont's Magneton hit MUCH harder while that move was in effect. Can't test it myself atm.

5 turns are not enough to do much, trick room and gravity were powerful field effects and barely saw any use through 2 entire generations. I doubt these new moves (which are beyond gimmick) will have any significant impact. Misty terrain and grassy terrain are double edged swords anyway and should never be used even if they were permanent effects.

But Leftovers on a good Wall is much more better, then Leftovers on a Sweeper...

Stall Teams plays Toxic who kill anything. I mean, maybe the opponennt have Lucario with Life Orb, cribble it with Will-O Wisp and the Leftover is nullyfied.

But Leftovers on a good Wall is much more better, then Leftovers on a Sweeper...

Stall Teams plays Toxic who kill anything. I mean, maybe the opponennt have Lucario with Life Orb, cribble it with Will-O Wisp and the Leftover is nullyfied.
Thought so too at first, but it only stays for 5 turns, meaning it will heal less than a wish, with the added "benefit" of healing your opponent. If it would stay the whole match I'd agree with you.

Aqua Ring gives Leftovers healing, only affects your Pokemon, and doesn't stop after 5 turns.

If these moves do anything, and that's a big if, it'll be for their secondary or tertiary effects.

Actually, I heard somewhere that Misty Terrain does not apply to Fairy-Type moves. If it halves the power of dragon moves, I can definitely see it lacking a fairy boost as well.

The one which interests me is Electric Terrain, particularly the bit about preventing grounded pokemon from falling asleep. Has anyone tested if it wakes grounded pokemon already asleep? With the meta looking to shift towards Stall and Bulky Offence, Electric Terrain might be a viable alternative to Heal Bell and Aromatherapy. Of course, it requires you to switch in the sleeping pokemon and prevents you using Rest while its active, but on the other hand, it actually does something helpful offensively and Magnezone should have plenty of opportunities to set it up.

It wouldn't get good by having that switched to lasting for five turns. It'd still be only 31.25% healing over five turns compared to an instant 50% from moves like Recover. And spreading that effect to allies would just be a shitty Wish.
I'm not arguing for either ability. I think both are terrible.

Grassy Terrain has its uses on Giga Drain Mega Venusaur, I'd imagine. Especially if Mega Venusaur gets the move, so it can easily put it back up when needed(unless a Brave Bird or Psychic user is out). Electric Terrain does have that nifty Electric boost, and makes Thunder 100% accurate, I think. Misty Terrain seems the most gimmicky, I will admit. Though, if it does reduce damage from dragons, it may see use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)